New Topic Respond to this Topic
Coaly
Coaly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar 2010 Sep. 21st, 2009 @ 09:14 AM Reply

At 9/21/09 05:19 AM, IDuDe wrote: Can I get some feedback on my thing so I'll know what went wrong (to take into consideration for next year)
Zombies....

Is it a reference to a newgrounds submission? If it is I missed it, but if it isn't that might have something to do with it not being accepted. I didn't think the selection would concentrate on pico/dad/hominid so much, but even then they would obviously gravitate more towards ng related art. Also you have the fact that it's pretty on the edge of whether you'd want it hanging in your office or not, and that's the unofficial way acceptable content was being judged I believe. Overall it was good quality though.

BTW, how come Nekow and Vylent didn't get in? Their pieces were off the hook.

Yea theirs were definitely both pretty excellent. Nekows was kinda soft, but I think it worked. Maybe they didn't want too much castle crashing in it, tho imo it could replace the cc that's in there now, they are both good though.

Also aigis that's kinda harsh crit when you wouldn't even draw the hand right in your pic. The smoke and glare could've been done better maybe, but I think it works, and it hardly ruins the pic...

BBS Signature
IDuDe
IDuDe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar 2010 Sep. 21st, 2009 @ 09:39 AM Reply

At 9/21/09 09:14 AM, Coaly wrote:
At 9/21/09 05:19 AM, IDuDe wrote: Can I get some feedback on my thing so I'll know what went wrong (to take into consideration for next year)
Zombies....you have the fact that it's pretty on the edge of whether you'd want it hanging in your office or not, and that's the unofficial way acceptable content was being judged I believe. Overall it was good quality though.

I get what you're saying, I just thought that NG wouldn't mind just a little bit of violence...

Only Apples Have The Right To be Red
MY DEVIANTART GALLERY

Nekow
Nekow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar 2010 Sep. 21st, 2009 @ 09:52 AM Reply

Im surprised that there are people who feel sorry for me :D
congrats to the winners and of course can't wait to try out for next year :D

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar 2010 Sep. 21st, 2009 @ 09:53 AM Reply

At 9/21/09 09:39 AM, IDuDe wrote: I get what you're saying, I just thought that NG wouldn't mind just a little bit of violence...

I don't think it was the violence that did this piece in. I think it was more of the disturbing aspect of your piece. It was good, but I don't know if anyone would want a calendar with a picture where every time you look at it, it freaks you out.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar 2010 Sep. 21st, 2009 @ 09:57 AM Reply

At 9/21/09 09:52 AM, Nekow wrote: Im surprised that there are people who feel sorry for me :D
congrats to the winners and of course can't wait to try out for next year :D

I must say, I honoustly dont get what poeple are so upset about... There is not a single thing in that drawing that freaks me out... yeah theres blood in it, Anyone around here been watching the news, theres more gore in there. Its just a bit of cute violence, and Im not one to easily say that...

If I were to name a reason as to why it isnt in, its because of
A; not really ng related
B; really static. Its a nice piece, but it could use some more action, or maybe more details in the background. Poeple have to look at it for an entire month you see.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar 2010 Sep. 21st, 2009 @ 03:05 PM Reply

Grats grats to all the winners.

I thought I made an awesome piece, so I'm happy with myself. Next year I'm so going to land a spot on the calendar. Just wait. :3

Last year I watched, this year I tried, next year I'm gonna get one.

;)

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
tmkunt
tmkunt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar 2010 Sep. 21st, 2009 @ 03:51 PM Reply

I'm fairly interested in hearing the reasoning the judges had for including or excluding entries, if only for future reference

how about it?

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar 2010 Sep. 21st, 2009 @ 04:04 PM Reply

At 9/21/09 03:51 PM, tmkunt wrote: I'm fairly interested in hearing the reasoning the judges had for including or excluding entries, if only for future reference

how about it?

That'd be kinda nice actually. :)

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
sucho
sucho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar 2010 Sep. 21st, 2009 @ 04:14 PM Reply

At 9/21/09 03:51 PM, tmkunt wrote: I'm fairly interested in hearing the reasoning the judges had for including or excluding entries, if only for future reference

how about it?

yeh, that was something they did last year. i thought it was pretty constructive as well, and it gave us an insight into how to pander to the judges about penises and gore. always helpful.

BBS Signature
JohnnyUtah
JohnnyUtah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 04
Artist
Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar 2010 Sep. 21st, 2009 @ 05:10 PM Reply

At 9/21/09 04:14 PM, sucho wrote:

how about it?
yeh, that was something they did last year. i thought it was pretty constructive as well, and it gave us an insight into how to pander to the judges about penises and gore. always helpful.

Basically we all agreed on 2/3s of the winners and dissagreed on the other 1/3. Not all my picks are in there, but hey what are ya gonna do.

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar 2010 Sep. 21st, 2009 @ 05:28 PM Reply

At 9/21/09 05:10 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote:
At 9/21/09 04:14 PM, sucho wrote:

how about it?
Basically we all agreed on 2/3s of the winners and dissagreed on the other 1/3. Not all my picks are in there, but hey what are ya gonna do.

At least we got a response. ;D

But, a more insightful one would've been nice. Ah well, can't be too picky I guess. :)

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar 2010 Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 11:29 AM Reply

I still need name/credit info from:

matt-likes-swords
gonzossm
fawx
wolfenheim
hashbrown

PLEASE get this to me IMMEDIATELY!!! Or you won't be credited in the calendar! :'(

TheMastermario22
TheMastermario22
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar 2010 Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 03:31 PM Reply

At 9/22/09 11:29 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: I still need name/credit info from:

matt-likes-swords
gonzossm
fawx
wolfenheim
hashbrown

PLEASE get this to me IMMEDIATELY!!! Or you won't be credited in the calendar! :'(

What happens if they don't get it in?

Gonzossm
Gonzossm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar 2010 Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 04:11 PM Reply

matt-likes-swords
gonzossm
fawx
wolfenheim
hashbrown

just credit me as Gonzossm. its fine.

matt-likes-swords
matt-likes-swords
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar 2010 Sep. 25th, 2009 @ 11:58 AM Reply

matt-likes-swords
gonzossm
fawx
wolfenheim
hashbrown

Credit me as Matt Roszak

BBS Signature
MindChamber
MindChamber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Filmmaker
Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar 2010 Sep. 25th, 2009 @ 01:20 PM Reply

how about it?

the process I personally found pretty painful, we pretty much didn't agree on anything. aside from the obvious pieces of quality. Suggestion vetos left and right, and pieces left out for consideration before we had a chance to even agree on them, Which is kinda ironic considering NG flips the bill for this.

and if anyone deserves an Easter egg position I would Imagine its Elmagico

ZombieMonkey
ZombieMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar 2010 Sep. 25th, 2009 @ 02:40 PM Reply

Anything I could improve on for next year?

Linky link

"I need a katana to slice a banana"

BoMToons
BoMToons
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Game Developer
Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar 2010 Sep. 25th, 2009 @ 05:36 PM Reply

At 9/25/09 01:20 PM, MindChamber wrote: the process I personally found pretty painful, we pretty much didn't agree on anything. aside from the obvious pieces of quality. Suggestion vetos left and right, and pieces left out for consideration before we had a chance to even agree on them, Which is kinda ironic considering NG flips the bill for this.

and if anyone deserves an Easter egg position I would Imagine its Elmagico

If El-Magico had entered the contest, I'd imagine he probably would have won a spot.

As for the judging, it wasn't my, or Renaenae's intention to leave a sour taste in anyone's mouth. Sorry if it felt that way.

We volunteered to put this contest together and make it all work, unfortunately not everyone can be 100% pleased with the process especially with commitee judging, and, since it was obvious we were never going to all come to a 100% agreement, decisions and voting had to be done or else we'd probably still be in that chat room right now.

I tried to do my best to direct the judging and make things fair and give plenty of opportunities for the judges to voice their opinions. Maybe MC felt like he was ignored. If so, I apologize and I'll try to do better in future stuff.

Renaenae and I are putting together a little statement on why the winners were chosen. Again, the intent was not to piss anyone off or promote my personal agenda, just to make a cool product for NG that features the site's immense pool of talent.

hashbrown
hashbrown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar 2010 Sep. 27th, 2009 @ 02:10 PM Reply

matt-likes-swords
gonzossm
fawx
wolfenheim
hashbrown

oh shit i thought there was going to be a news announcement about the winners, credit me as hashbrown. very surprised i won

BBS Signature
MkieNedachi
MkieNedachi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar 2010 Oct. 1st, 2009 @ 06:31 PM Reply

Cant wait till next year, I'm hyped up right now on EPIC ideas but I'm a tad not sure if i should draw anything.

BBS Signature
BoMToons
BoMToons
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Game Developer