New Topic Respond to this Topic
ZJ
ZJ
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-11-06 04:02:52 Reply

At 10/24/11 04:02 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Kirby Returns To Dreamland comes out today! Looks like an awesome game really hoping to get it before christmas if not, then for christmas. Been buying loads of Wii classics recently.

Bought my copy yesterday and have beaten the first world. It's really easy, but it looks like it could be barrels of fun if you get your friends to jump into the fray. I wish I could just play as someone other than Kirby in single player mode. From what I've seen so far, only players 2, 3, and 4 have access to Meta-Knight, King Dedede, and that Waddle Dee dude. That's a bummer.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-11-06 12:54:05 Reply

At 11/6/11 04:02 AM, ZJ wrote:
At 10/24/11 04:02 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Kirby Returns To Dreamland comes out today! Looks like an awesome game really hoping to get it before christmas if not, then for christmas. Been buying loads of Wii classics recently.
Bought my copy yesterday and have beaten the first world. It's really easy, but it looks like it could be barrels of fun if you get your friends to jump into the fray. I wish I could just play as someone other than Kirby in single player mode. From what I've seen so far, only players 2, 3, and 4 have access to Meta-Knight, King Dedede, and that Waddle Dee dude. That's a bummer.

I see, I think it was aimed at groups of people but that's the problem with the Wii's huge library of party games, in most cases players are alone or have bought games such as Kirby Returns To Dream Land for solo entertainment. The game looks great, it's just I also have Kirby's Epic Yarn which was loads of fun solo. I've also read a few reviews of the game and they say it's a fantastic party game with a simple plot but single player but be a little vague. I wish the plot was a little more next-level but still, it looks like a good game.

On a side note, I can't decide what game to get out of three games: Mario Kart Wii, Epic Mickey and Goldeneye 007. These are 3 games I've been dying to get my hands on and feel as though I've been missing out on them for a long while. I rented Mario Kart Wii and it was loads of fun, haven't had that much fun with a racing game since Mario Kart 64 which I still have. My friend said if I buy one of these games for $20 he'll give me a second free. So that means one of them will be left out. I just have no idea which one to get and it's driving a hole through my brain. Goldeneye seems great and has been recepted great by critics and fans alike, Epic Mickey has a very interesting plot and excellent game design and Mario Kart Wii, as I said before it's an excellent challenging game. I just don't know which one to choose.

BBS Signature
kristinestewart
kristinestewart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-11-09 06:09:26 Reply

You did a great job, i like very much!
I think i am gone join the club too!

ZJ
ZJ
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-11-09 13:09:54 Reply

At 11/6/11 04:02 AM, ZJ wrote: I wish I could just play as someone other than Kirby in single player mode.

Upon further review, I found out that characters like King Dedede are essentially just one form of Kirby. Like for instance, Meta-Knight does the exact same things as Sword Kirby. Nothing more and nothing less. That's kind of a bummer when you think about it.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-11-16 08:11:01 Reply

Well in FFTA2 I got to the final battle, but after about an hour I came to a stalemate where I had one character left who had an ability that would shield him from all damage and I had the boss down to 150 HP or so but then she gained the regen buff which healed her all the way back up.

It was pretty frustrating and I'm not sure if I really want to through that battle again.

So I decided to pick up Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney, the first of the trilogy. I already played the third, Trials and Tribulations, some time ago and I liked it. Thought this would be similar and so far it hasn't disappointed.

At 11/9/11 01:09 PM, ZJ wrote:
At 11/6/11 04:02 AM, ZJ wrote: I wish I could just play as someone other than Kirby in single player mode.
Upon further review, I found out that characters like King Dedede are essentially just one form of Kirby. Like for instance, Meta-Knight does the exact same things as Sword Kirby. Nothing more and nothing less. That's kind of a bummer when you think about it.

Well it's still fun when you can play as other characters and it would be a pretty logical feature in the game I'd say. Weird that they'd leave it out.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-11-16 19:22:54 Reply

At 11/9/11 01:09 PM, ZJ wrote:

Yeah I figured that the characters would have much to many similarities but then again I suppose that means 1 Player only being aloud to play as Kirby is reasonable because he pretty much has the same features as the others. Also, I think this game has been bumped off my Christmas wish list with other great games coming up like 3DS titles once I get my 3DS for Christmas (thanks to Super Mario 3D Land for making this final) as well as great titles like Skyward Sword coming up soon. Recently, I've been watching Captain N: The Game Master and the Adventures Of Super Mario Bros 3, and their not as bad as I remember them. I used to remember only wanting to watch them when I was really in the Mario mood or when I was TOTALLY bored and has nothing to do. But there actually decent for the time and money spent to make them. Anybody else watch these shows?

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-11-26 07:23:00 Reply

Well I'm still struggling along in Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney. I just finished the third case and I believe the fourth case is the last one. I heard someone say once that the third was by far the best in the series, but I don't think the first one is much worse than the third to be honest. I like them about equally much actually.

Anyway, has anyone picked up a copy of Skyward Sword yet? I thought it wasn't out yet, but at the same time I saw someone mentioning that he was playing it yesterday. If so, is it any good?

At 11/16/11 07:22 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Anybody else watch these shows?

Can't say I've heard of them. Well I knew there was a Mario show, but from what I heard it's terrible.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-11-26 09:50:49 Reply

I finally got Super Mario Galaxy 2. I feel like I should have my ass kicked for waiting this long to pick it up. Should I be expecting a brand new adventure or more of the same stuff that was in Super Mario Galaxy. EIther way, I'll be fine, since i enjoyed Super Mario Galaxy, but I'm curious as to what you guys think about the game and its new content.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-11-26 17:24:03 Reply

At 11/26/11 09:50 AM, ZJ wrote: I finally got Super Mario Galaxy 2. I feel like I should have my ass kicked for waiting this long to pick it up. Should I be expecting a brand new adventure or more of the same stuff that was in Super Mario Galaxy. EIther way, I'll be fine, since i enjoyed Super Mario Galaxy, but I'm curious as to what you guys think about the game and its new content.

I can't belive you waited so long to get one of my favourite Wii games!

In my opinion, SMG2 is better than the original, but there are some things I liked the original for.

SMG pros:

Bigger hub and has more stuff to do in it.

Much better story.

Slightly better soundtrack (as in, more pieces I liked).

SMG2 pros:

More challenging and therefore more fulfilling.

Less spring powerup.

Yoshi is actually a worthy addition that adds 3 or four new gameplay styles.

A wider variety of Galaxies that feel very different from the last.

You don't need 120 stars to play as Luigi.

The game's has twice as much gameplay as the first, once you beat the game once.

Better Bowser boss battles.

They're both amazing games, but SMG2 wins me over.

Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-11-29 01:25:36 Reply

I didn't bother to get SMG2, but yeah I've heard that is is better than the first one which was pretty awesome game.

While I was checking the videogame forums I noticed how someone mentioned Mariokart 7. I assume it's coming to Wii U, if so then what do you think?

WIll there be anything new for it

MEDIC!

BBS Signature
SlickExecutive
SlickExecutive
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-11-29 12:38:52 Reply

Hello everyone

Just found an N64 in my storage recently, problem is all my cartridges are lost. So I've been scanning amazon for gems, problem is, I don't wanna re-buy anything I've already played, looking for something new. (well, to me at least). What would you guys recommend that aren't these games that I'm mentioning?

Conkers Bad Fur Day
Super Mario 64
Paper Mario
Mario Party 1,2 and 3
Super Smash Bros
Legend of Zelda ocarina of time & Majora's Mask
Hexen

ZJ
ZJ
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-11-29 13:20:52 Reply

At 11/29/11 01:25 AM, Gremlin wrote:
While I was checking the videogame forums I noticed how someone mentioned Mariokart 7. I assume it's coming to Wii U, if so then what do you think?

WIll there be anything new for it

Mario Kart 7 is actually a confirmed 3DS game that will be out in December.

As far as new things go, it's a known fact that this will be the first game in the series to make use of hang gliders and submarine attachments to the karts.

The Nintendo Club

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-11-30 14:34:26 Reply

At 11/29/11 12:38 PM, SlickExecutive wrote: Hello everyone

Just found an N64 in my storage recently, problem is all my cartridges are lost. So I've been scanning amazon for gems, problem is, I don't wanna re-buy anything I've already played, looking for something new. (well, to me at least). What would you guys recommend that aren't these games that I'm mentioning?

Conkers Bad Fur Day
Super Mario 64
Paper Mario
Mario Party 1,2 and 3
Super Smash Bros
Legend of Zelda ocarina of time & Majora's Mask
Hexen

Let's see...

Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Kart 64, Get Force Gemini are all fun games in my opinion.

At 11/29/11 01:20 PM, ZJ wrote: ... to make use of hang gliders and submarine attachments to the karts.

Lol. Because why not?

:p

BBS Signature
NinjaHowl
NinjaHowl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-11-30 18:37:11 Reply

Ever since i was young, N64 has been my favourite game console ever. And to this day, it still iS!

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-11-30 21:00:23 Reply

At 11/29/11 01:20 PM, ZJ wrote: At 11/29/11 01:25 AM, Gremlin wrote::

As far as new things go, it's a known fact that this will be the first game in the series to make use of hang gliders and submarine attachments to the karts.

Interesting, the underwater feature actually looks quite amusing to me looks like many worthy features are to come within this 3DS gem. Although sadly it seems to me like way to many 3DS games are being released way farther ahead of time than necessary.

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-02 17:48:49 Reply

At 11/30/11 09:00 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
At 11/29/11 01:20 PM, ZJ wrote: At 11/29/11 01:25 AM, Gremlin wrote::

Interesting, the underwater feature actually looks quite amusing to me looks like many worthy features are to come within this 3DS gem. Although sadly it seems to me like way to many 3DS games are being released way farther ahead of time than necessary.

If you're like me and have been living off of Street Fighter and an OoT remake since March, that is definitely not the case.

I have everysingle Mario Kart except the original, and I've even played the Arcade game.

Needless to say, I'm excited to see how they add underwater and hangliding segments into old courses.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-02 18:58:55 Reply

Hey you, yeah you, c'mere we gotta talk.

So there's these Video Game Awards in the Video Game Forum see? Yeah that forum that nobody gives a shit about. Anyways it needs more votes so if you could just click that link I gave ya go there and vote and you'll make a SlipperyMooseCakes very happy.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-02 19:34:29 Reply

At 12/2/11 06:58 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Hey you, yeah you, c'mere we gotta talk.

So there's these Video Game Awards in the Video Game Forum see? Yeah that forum that nobody gives a shit about. Anyways it needs more votes so if you could just click that link I gave ya go there and vote and you'll make a SlipperyMooseCakes very happy.

Yeah, I already voted. I'm surprised not many people vote for the user awards, which I find more interesting than the game awards, since I only occasionally play on Sony and Microsoft consoles when I'm at friend's houses, and therefore can't give very many unbiased votes.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-03 13:06:50 Reply

At 12/2/11 06:58 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Hey you, yeah you, c'mere we gotta talk.

I'd love to vote, but I haven't really played any games that came out this year and even for the user awards I don't really know who to vote for.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-06 20:42:38 Reply

Read this Time Article on the Wii U and I thought I'd share it with you guys. It's fascinating to read about how powerful the Wii U is supposedly going to be, but I agree with the writer here in that the system's success isn't going to be on good its games look, but what it does with Nintendo's iconic franchises.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-07 08:14:36 Reply

At 12/6/11 08:42 PM, ZJ wrote: Read this Time Article on the Wii U and I thought I'd share it with you guys. It's fascinating to read about how powerful the Wii U is supposedly going to be, but I agree with the writer here in that the system's success isn't going to be on good its games look, but what it does with Nintendo's iconic franchises.

Hmmm I am certaintly more interested in it's follow-ups to series such as Pikmin 3, Super Smash Bros 4 and untitled Zelda game much more than I am with the HD supposedly stunning graphics.

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-08 02:32:55 Reply

So tonight, I've been playing some Gradius on my SNES. What a great 2D Horizontal Space Shooter.

You guys need to play this!

Fishkiller25
Fishkiller25
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-08 12:32:36 Reply

Nintendo is one of my favourite systems! Can I join?

The winner takes all, Its the thrill of one more kill!
The last on to fall will, never sacrifice their will!

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-08 16:37:08 Reply

At 12/8/11 12:32 PM, Fishkiller25 wrote: Nintendo is one of my favourite systems! Can I join?

NO! I'm just kidding anyone who likes Nintendo is welcome.

What systems do you have?

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-09 04:06:16 Reply

At 12/8/11 12:32 PM, Fishkiller25 wrote: Nintendo is one of my favourite systems! Can I join?

Nintendo is not a system, but a large company, they have however made various video game systems
next time please get your facts straight

im never usually like this, but i couldnt let this go
ZJ
ZJ
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-09 11:04:04 Reply

At 12/9/11 04:06 AM, Lionel738 wrote:
Nintendo is not a system, but a large company, they have however made various video game systems

Nintendo could have easily referred to the Nintendo Entertainment System as many people still just call that "The Nintendo", but whatever. He could've been more clear like you said.

Additionally, have you guys noticed an increase in popularity in Mario clothing? It seems like every clothing store that I go to these days has massive amounts of Mario shirts on display. It seems like there's a ton more than there were when I went shopping for them extensively about four or five years ago...

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-09 17:22:58 Reply

At 12/9/11 11:04 AM, ZJ wrote:
Nintendo could have easily referred to the Nintendo Entertainment System as many people still just call that "The Nintendo", but whatever. He could've been more clear like you said.

Additionally, have you guys noticed an increase in popularity in Mario clothing? It seems like every clothing store that I go to these days has massive amounts of Mario shirts on display. It seems like there's a ton more than there were when I went shopping for them extensively about four or five years ago...

I only see them in toy stores that sell things like figurines of popular culture. Also. the Wii which as we all know was immensly popular with the mainstream market came out 5 years (holy crap, half a decade!) ago. I got my friend a 1 up shirt, and I used to have a "A mushroom a day keeps the koopas away" shirt.

Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-10 10:08:44 Reply

Gentlemen, always be understanding to the young ones, infact his post reminds me of myself when I first went to Nintendo Wii club and posted, I made that same mistake and someone decided to be mean because of it.

MEDIC!

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-12 16:12:06 Reply

At 12/9/11 11:04 AM, ZJ wrote:

If anything I think I noticed an increase in The Legend Of Zelda clothing if anything. In almost any given time Nintendo related clothing appeals to me in a very good manner and I must either buy it as a gift for a friend or buy it for my own personal wear but The Legend Of Zelda clothing to be honest it just looks ridiculous. The leg wear is the worst part of it for me I once saw somebody wearing Link related clothing (at least I hope it was supposed to be Link's clothing) and the leg wear was so tight I saw his bone structure and probably could've noticed his veins if I looked hard enough.

But otherwise in Nintendo clothing I have several things including a Mario hat as well as a Donkey Kong tie that I almost always wear during special ocassions like during school tests or ocassionally during basketball practice.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-21 18:16:45 Reply

I finally finished up Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney.

The last bonus case took rather long, but I think it was the best one out of them all. Overall it was a fun game that I enjoyed just as much as the third installment. I'll start playing the second one soon.

BBS Signature