New Topic Respond to this Topic
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-24 11:36:18 Reply

What are your opinions on Fire Emblem: the sacred stones for GBA? I got a ton of games for the 3DS ambassoadro program and want to know which ones I should work on first.

I'm pretty far into Minish Cap, getting confused early on by Metroid Fusion, and loving Warioware.
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-25 10:06:53 Reply

Posting this here, too, to reach a wider audience. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Hey guys, I got my youngest (five years old) brother a Wii Points Card for Christmas and we're trying to think of games to get him off of the Virtual Console. I was planning on getting him some Kirby games since he loved the newest one so much, but my mother pointed out that he might get frustrated by them and that we might want to look into getting a simpler game or two.

So, any suggestions? I don't want to get him a shitty downloadable game that's marketed towards children, but I don't want to force him to play something that's too hard for him. Should I just go with Kirby?

Sig by Luis - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-25 10:44:26 Reply

@ZJ.

Get him Paper Mario. That game is fun and vibrant, easy to get into, and simply fun escpecially for kids if you help him past harder parts and let him simply explore the towns.

It was my first VC game...
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-25 22:33:52 Reply

At 12/25/11 10:44 AM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: @ZJ.

Get him Paper Mario. That game is fun and vibrant, easy to get into, and simply fun escpecially for kids if you help him past harder parts and let him simply explore the towns.

It was my first VC game...

The problem with that is that there's a lot of text in it and he's only five. He can't really read, so that game might be in a pain in the ass for him. I'd hate to have to read EVERY line of dialogue from that game to him as he plays through.

Sig by Luis - AMA

BBS Signature
dmansland
dmansland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-25 23:16:23 Reply

At 12/25/11 10:33 PM, ZJ wrote: The problem with that is that there's a lot of text in it and he's only five. He can't really read, so that game might be in a pain in the ass for him. I'd hate to have to read EVERY line of dialogue from that game to him as he plays through.

Paper Mario is a bad choice then. Just get him Star Fox 64. Its simple, not too difficult, and very addicting. I still play my copy on Star Fox 64 3D even though I already have completed it 100% on all 3 modes.

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-26 00:15:12 Reply

At 12/25/11 11:16 PM, dmansland wrote:
At 12/25/11 10:33 PM, ZJ wrote: The problem with that is that there's a lot of text in it and he's only five. He can't really read, so that game might be in a pain in the ass for him. I'd hate to have to read EVERY line of dialogue from that game to him as he plays through.
Paper Mario is a bad choice then. Just get him Star Fox 64. Its simple, not too difficult, and very addicting. I still play my copy on Star Fox 64 3D even though I already have completed it 100% on all 3 modes.

Yes, this or Super Smash Bros. I don't know to much about this Virtual Console stuff due to the fact that I play strictly on the old console but I certaintly approve of VC when it comes to welcoming new generations of gamers. These two games are very colorful and simple.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-26 06:52:28 Reply

At 12/21/11 08:18 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
At 12/21/11 06:16 PM, Auz wrote: I finally finished up Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney.

The last bonus case took rather long, but I think it was the best one out of them all. Overall it was a fun game that I enjoyed just as much as the third installment. I'll start playing the second one soon.
I have yet to play the original Ace Attorney title. I played a bit of Apollo Justice and really got into it but I didn't actually own a copy of the game. I have not seen an Ace Attorney title at any of my nearby retailers but I hope to soon lay eyes on one of the titles, it really seems like an interesting series to me.

Thus far (having played the first and third of the Phoenix Wright games) I think it's a really fun series. It's mostly point-and-click and involves a lot of reading (the game is mostly dialogue based), but if that's your thing or if you're okay with that then I'm sure you'll like it as well.

I can't say I've played a game like it before, so you're probably in for something new.

At 12/24/11 11:36 AM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: What are your opinions on Fire Emblem: the sacred stones for GBA?

I might've played that or I might've not. I know I played one Fire Emblem game for the GBA and I got pretty far into it. But I borrowed it from my cousin so I had to give it back eventually.

From what I remember it was very difficult, mostly because when a unit dies it will be gone forever. So every battle I really had to hold back and watch out that one unit wouldn't get a mass assault on him. I thought this gameplay element was a little bit annoying. It's like playing chess, but you have to win without losing a single piece.

Anyway, for the rest it's a fun game in my opinion.

Well when I got my Gameboy Classic and N64 my English was still piss-poor and I didn't understand the wide majority of text on the screen either. That doesn't mean that I didn't have fun with the games however, and it really stimulated me to learn English early on in life (earlier than I would learn the language in school).

I suppose for an RPG game it might be a problem though, but who knows, it might stimulate him to learn how to read and maybe he'll just like walking around aimlessly. I know I didn't care much that I sometimes walked around for hours without discovering anything.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-26 10:28:56 Reply

At 12/25/11 10:33 PM, ZJ wrote:
At 12/25/11 10:44 AM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
The problem with that is that there's a lot of text in it and he's only five. He can't really read, so that game might be in a pain in the ass for him. I'd hate to have to read EVERY line of dialogue from that game to him as he plays through.

I just thought of a really good one then! How about Kirby and the Crystal Shards, which was originally an N64 game? I heard it's really easy and it introduced the combination of powers.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-26 11:33:05 Reply

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!!!
I got so much exciting gifts which I am very thankful for and I hope you all were to. Among these I got quite a few new adds to my Nintendo collection. I got so many things which I honestly wasn't expecting like a plasma screen TV, a Nintendo 3DS and since last year my little brother got me Monopoly Nintendo this year he got me a Yoshi action figure, a Mario Kart Wii poster and a New Super Mario Bros wii poster. Hope you all had a joyful holiday yesterday.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-26 22:19:07 Reply

At 12/26/11 10:28 AM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
I just thought of a really good one then! How about Kirby and the Crystal Shards, which was originally an N64 game? I heard it's really easy and it introduced the combination of powers.

We already own that one. At this point, I think I'm just going to get him Kirby: Superstar and Kirby's Dreamland 3, both of which were originally on the SNES. They're both simple platformers and they both offer co-op gameplay, so I think they'll be good choices for him...

Sig by Luis - AMA

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-28 16:46:07 Reply

It's indeed quite an easy little game. You can see it's made for kids, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun though. I liked playing through it.

At 12/26/11 11:33 AM, tyler2513 wrote: Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!!!

I certainly did. I didn't get any video games as gifts this year though, but I was thinking about giving my girlfriend Kirby and the Crystal Shards for Christmas. I already bought some other things though, so next time maybe.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-28 19:05:44 Reply

Look what I got in the mail from Club Nintendo today!

So damn cool.

The Nintendo Club

Sig by Luis - AMA

BBS Signature
rockereaper
rockereaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Audiophile
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-28 19:49:37 Reply

At 12/28/11 07:05 PM, ZJ wrote: Look what I got in the mail from Club Nintendo today!

So damn cool.

WTF!....i need one

Metal Hell
The cold wind and the snow of this night, whips my heart of pure ice
My cold blood is running through my veins, but my soul burns like an everlasting flame

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-28 21:08:47 Reply

At 12/28/11 07:49 PM, rockereaper wrote:
At 12/28/11 07:05 PM, ZJ wrote: Look what I got in the mail from Club Nintendo today!

So damn cool.
WTF!....i need one

You've got to rack up 12,000 coins within the Club Nintendo service to get it from them. It takes a while to get there, too...

Sig by Luis - AMA

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-29 10:37:52 Reply

At 12/28/11 04:46 PM, Auz wrote:
It's indeed quite an easy little game. You can see it's made for kids, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun though. I liked playing through it.

At 12/26/11 11:33 AM, tyler2513 wrote: Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!!!
I certainly did. I didn't get any video games as gifts this year though, but I was thinking about giving my girlfriend Kirby and the Crystal Shards for Christmas. I already bought some other things though, so next time maybe.

No kidding I got one of my buddies Kirby's Adventure as a gift and I got my brother a cinema and Gamestop gift card. Recently I've been trying to fullfill my collection of Metroid and to be honest it's actually hard. It's like being tied to the back of a motorcycle and dragged across the desert by a Jackal named Payne. Well, it's not that hard. I've already got (I'm naming these chronologically) Metroid: Zero Mission, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime Pinball, Metroid Prime Hunters, Metroid II: Return Of Samus and finally I also have Metroid: Other M as of last year.

So Metroid games I'm still in need of are Metroid Fusion, Metroid, and Super Metroid. Due to the fact that I STILL don't have a Super Nintendo Super Metroid is far from my grasp. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to make my Mario and Sonic action figures duel.

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-12-29 12:04:57 Reply

At 12/29/11 10:37 AM, tyler2513 wrote:
So Metroid games I'm still in need of are Metroid Fusion, Metroid, and Super Metroid. Due to the fact that I STILL don't have a Super Nintendo Super Metroid is far from my grasp. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to make my Mario and Sonic action figures duel.

Well Super and Metroid are on the Virtual console, unless you want copies of the system they were originally on.

It's funny because I have both original and Fusion Metroid on my 3DS thanks to the ambassador program. I never really liked the Prime games because I thought they were too hard, but now I want to track down a Metroid Prime trilogy pack.

@ZJ I think you mean 1,200 coins, not 12,000.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-01-03 03:45:06 Reply

At 12/29/11 12:04 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:

Yea, you're right. It's a lot, though. The thing is tiny and the game is simple, but I love it since it's a pretty big part of Nintendo's history. The question now is what do I save up for now? The other DS Game & Watch Game? I already have the first one...

Sig by Luis - AMA

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-01-03 10:55:45 Reply

At 1/3/12 03:45 AM, ZJ wrote:
At 12/29/11 12:04 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
Yea, you're right. It's a lot, though. The thing is tiny and the game is simple, but I love it since it's a pretty big part of Nintendo's history. The question now is what do I save up for now? The other DS Game & Watch Game? I already have the first one...

I'd definetly go for the second one it's only 800 coins which isn't bad and it features Octopus which ended up being Mr. Game & Watch's final smash is Super Smash Bros Brawl. I also hear this one has the alarm feature as well as the previous one. Also I recently purchased Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword Of Chaos for only $15 at somebodies garage sale. I don't think this guy had any idea how much his stuff was worth for example an Atari 7800 for $30?

BBS Signature
ZombieSean
ZombieSean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-01-03 17:25:37 Reply

At 8/3/09 04:16 AM, UCanCallMeJesus wrote: Working on Pokemon Diamond

I am doing on pokemon fire

ZombieSean
ZombieSean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-01-03 17:34:20 Reply

Yeah at first i thought the first metroid prime was bad until i got to the :o(Spoiler alert)o: end and that dark Samus came out of the final boss I was in the Metroid Prime series all the way through but my Metroid Prime Corruption broke. Oh and I FREAKING HATE WHAT THEY DID TO METROID IN OTHER M. What the f!@# That was F@#$ing stupid it was way to f$@#ing easy. to me it wasn't a motherf@#$ing metroid game

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-01-04 19:01:47 Reply

I'm addicted to Fire Emblem now. I was playing The Sacred Stones for a three hour car trip, and love the game now, which is surprising since I don't take to many RPGs.

It's probably because of the very large focus on story, and I love how each unit has a personality.

Since Ninty annouced a 3DS Fire Emblem, I'll probably be getting it.

PsyhcoWalrus
PsyhcoWalrus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-01-04 22:13:34 Reply

It seems like after Nintendo made the Nintendo64, they really stopped making good games. The Gamecube had alot of similar games that the Playstation 2 had. I liked both systems but the Nintendo Gamecube didn't have enough exclusives. The Wii had some good exclusives such as Super Bros Smash Brawl, New Super Mario Bros, and Mario Party 8 etc. All the good Nintendo games. But I wouldn't say the Wii was Nintendo's best system to date because of the graphics. The graphics are decent, but they don't compare to the Playstation 3 or the Xbox360's. I think that it would be awesome if Nintendo released a new gaming system that competes better or excels compared to the Xbox360 or the Playstation3. Like it would have a new Zelda game with a 3d graphics and improved gameplay etc. I'm not quite sure how it would work, but I think Nintendo could make it work.

Neo Classical Shredder

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-01-05 11:12:06 Reply

At 1/4/12 07:01 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: I'm addicted to Fire Emblem now. I was playing The Sacred Stones for a three hour car trip, and love the game now, which is surprising since I don't take to many RPGs.

It's probably because of the very large focus on story, and I love how each unit has a personality.

Since Ninty annouced a 3DS Fire Emblem, I'll probably be getting it.

This seems like a good idea for me to as I've never owned a Fire Emblem game and I've only played a few minutes of one of their installments (Path Of Radiance) and besides, I've only got 3 Nintendo 3DS games so far.

BBS Signature
Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-01-05 11:13:43 Reply

I just finally bought my first Wii.
So uh, I was wondering.... Are there any good games for this fucking thing? I tried playing Call of Duty and it was fucking brutally hard.

just roll with it nerd

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-01-05 17:58:41 Reply

At 1/5/12 11:13 AM, Sevkat wrote: I just finally bought my first Wii.
So uh, I was wondering.... Are there any good games for this fucking thing? I tried playing Call of Duty and it was fucking brutally hard.

I'd recommend getting Donkey Kong Country Returns, Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and Kirby's Return to Dreamland for the thing. Those are some of the best Wii exclusive titles that I can think of for the thing. You might also enjoy Rayman Origins and Lego Indiana Jones, too.

So.....there you go.

Sig by Luis - AMA

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-01-05 19:57:16 Reply

Sevkat, I would recommend:

Tatsunoko vs capcom.

Twilight Princess (it's better on the Wii because of widescreen mode)

Skyward Sword.

Both Mario Galaxy games.

Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Wii Sports Resort.

Klonoa (a remake).

Sin and Punishement 2.

The Strongbad click and point games on the shop channel.

Mario Kart Wii.

Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Goldeneye.

Those are games I own, I hear Red Steel 2, Madworld, Super Paper Mario, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, DK country Returns, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Little King's story, and Fire Emblem are good.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I got the most awesome Club Nintendo prize ever today. These posters are simply gorgeous in person, and each seems to be made out of a different material. The 25th anniversary one is quite cool.

The Nintendo Club

rockereaper
rockereaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Audiophile
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-01-05 20:02:24 Reply

Also you can try The legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, it´s pretty cool

Metal Hell
The cold wind and the snow of this night, whips my heart of pure ice
My cold blood is running through my veins, but my soul burns like an everlasting flame

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-01-05 20:52:42 Reply

There are actually quite a few games you should try to get in your grasp

Excite Truck
The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess

WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Super Paper Mario
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Mario Strikers Charged
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Zack & Wikipedia: Quest For Barberos' Treasure
The Simpsons Game (IMO)
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (never played but heard it was good)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Super Mario Galaxy

Bully: Scholarship Edition
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
Okami
Mario Super Sluggers (again, IMO)
Wario Land: The Shake Dimension
De Blob
Lego Batman: The Video Game
Disaster: Day Of Crisis
World Of Goo
Legend Of Spyro: Dawn Of The Dragon (meh)
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Castlevania: Judgement
Sonic Unleashed (a DEFINITE IMO)

The House Of Dead: Overkill
MadWorld
Punch-Out!!!
Ghostbusters: The Video Game
The Conduit
The Bigs 2
New Super Mario Bros Wii

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
Endless Ocean 2: Adventures Of The Deep
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
Mega Man 10 (WiiWare)
Red Steel 2
Monster Hunter Tri
Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (WiiWare)
Tetris Party Deluxe
Toy Story 3: The Video Game
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
Metroid: Other M
Sonic The Hedgehog 4 (WiiWare)
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Goldeneye 007
Sonic Colors
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Epic Mickey

De Blob 2
WWE All Stars
Rayman Origins
Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-01-11 17:46:38 Reply

So, what was your favorite moment in the ultimate love letter to the Nintendo Entertainment System? i personally loved the Urban Champion and Punchout segments...

Sig by Luis - AMA

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2012-01-12 16:07:39 Reply

At 1/11/12 05:46 PM, ZJ wrote: So, what was your favorite moment in the ultimate love letter to the Nintendo Entertainment System? i personally loved the Urban Champion and Punchout segments...
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 7787

Urban champion was not a level in my books, more of an intermission. Loved the MK references though.

The Contra level to me had the best references, controls, gameplay, and bosses. The bosses were by far my favourtie part of the game.