Auz
Auz
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-07-21 16:04:14 Reply

At 7/19/11 12:29 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 7/19/11 11:53 AM, Auz wrote: Oh that's a game I should definitely check out someday. If I can get my hands on it that is...
It costs quite a few bucks nowadays. But it's an awesome game :)

Wasn't the game originally only released in Japan and the English versions were basically fan translations?

I can imagine it's a rare game.

At 7/19/11 06:42 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
At 7/19/11 11:53 AM, Auz wrote: I've been getting back into Final Fantasy VI again.

A couple of years ago I played the game too, got very near the ending and then my save file got corrupted and I lost everything. I hadn't touched the game ever since, but recently I picked it back up.
That must suck man same thing happened to me with Zelda: A Link To The Past

Yeah it did. A lot of hours went into it. Especially in learning all the spells for two of the characers.

You see, some spells can only be learned at a rate of 1 (like Ultima) meaning you have to go through about 50-100 battles to learn the spell. Well unless you go to the Cactuar desert. A monster which gives 10 AP so you only need 10 battles, but it's about 30% you'll run into one so it's still a sore.

At 7/9/11 11:00 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
Which Golden Sun? The GBA ones or the DS one?

I should check out Harvest Moon 64 someday.
The GBA ones definetly those ones are totally amazing. Yeah Harvest Moon 64 it's pretty cool I'd recommend it, it stands out but it's not something that would top your list.

The GBA ones were awesome indeed. The DS Golden Sun was great too though. And I'll check out Harvest Moon someday. I've heard good stuff about it, but I've never even seen the game.

The Nintendo 64 games are hard especially the final level of Goldeneye 007 I just can't complete it ATM.

Well if you want a tip:
Shoot at Trevelyan from over a fence and never get in line with the path that leads to him. If you do, he will fire at you with his Assault Rifle and his accuracy is so high that he will definitely hit you. For the rest just keep an eye on the guards running around. You can't dash around and ignore them.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-07-21 16:42:18 Reply

Yeah it did. A lot of hours went into it. Especially in learning all the spells for two of the characers.

You see, some spells can only be learned at a rate of 1 (like Ultima) meaning you have to go through about 50-100 battles to learn the spell. Well unless you go to the Cactuar desert. A monster which gives 10 AP so you only need 10 battles, but it's about 30% you'll run into one so it's still a sore.

Oh I could imagine I played Ultima a lot back then I especially liked Ultima IV that was one of my favorite games. Or are you talking about a spell and not the game series? Anyways I wish it could go past the rate of 1 and not take so many endless battles to learn the spell but still your right it is a need game indeed.

The Nintendo 64 games are hard especially the final level of Goldeneye 007 I just can't complete it ATM.
Well if you want a tip:
Shoot at Trevelyan from over a fence and never get in line with the path that leads to him. If you do, he will fire at you with his Assault Rifle and his accuracy is so high that he will definitely hit you. For the rest just keep an eye on the guards running around. You can't dash around and ignore them.

Thanks what about the guards? The paths aligning to them should I take those or shoot over the fences at them as well. Also I sometimes get lost along the paths lol

Past (NES, SNES, N64, GB)
With Auz's useful tip (thanks Auz) I think I should be able to complete Goldeneye 007 any day now the final levels been getting to me for about a year now. You see I'm currently on a quest to complete every single game I own. So far in the past category I have 6 unbeaten NES games, no SNES games still, and 5 unbeaten N64 games. I'm focusing on ones such as Super Mario 64 and Goldeneye 007 right now.

Present (Wii, Gamecube, DS,N3DS)
I'm been playing Super Mario Sunshine for the past week now I've been trying to collect all 120 shine sprites in the entire game and so far have 82. It's just an extremely hard task to finish. My only unbeaten Gamecube games are Super Mario Sunshine and Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker. Those two have been poking me in the back and smiling for years now lol oh well. Also I may be getting a 3DS which will also make up for me not owning a DS.

Future (Wii, WiiU)
The main things I'm looking forward to right now is the WiiU and Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Sadly the WiiU doesn't seem so different from the Wii that I immediately need to get one so I'll be waiting for it's price to drop.

I also made a top 10 list of my favorite controllers lol
1. Gamecube Controller FTW
2. NES
3. Xbox ik ;(
4. SNES
5. N64
6. Wii
7. Wii Classic Controller
8. NES Turbo Controller
9. Sega Dreamcast
10. Nintendo Zapper NES version

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-07-23 15:41:38 Reply

At 7/21/11 04:42 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
5. N64

I'm surprised that you have this one in the middle of your list. Most people either loved or hated the N64 controller's design due to its uniqueness. I personally fall into the earlier category.

Sig by Luis - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-07-27 21:44:17 Reply

At 7/23/11 03:41 PM, ZJ wrote:
At 7/21/11 04:42 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
5. N64
I'm surprised that you have this one in the middle of your list. Most people either loved or hated the N64 controller's design due to its uniqueness. I personally fall into the earlier category.

Yeah it was decent for me. Didn't love it but my favorite games such as Super Mario 64 and Mortal Kombat 4 really demonstrated what the controller could do under the circumstances. Anyways guys I've gotten so many collections laid out of Nintendo Franchises that I'm trying to fullfill for example: I now have the entire Animal Crossing "trilogy" if you may call it that, I have all three Brain Age games, I have the entire Excitebike series (Excitebike, Excitebike 64, Excitebike World Rally, Excite Truck, and Excitebots Trick Racing. I own both Endless Ocean games (wii duo games) all Golden Sun games for the gameboy Advance blah blah so on.

Anyways games topping my wishlist right now are:
1. Double Dragon II: The Revenge
2. Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
3. Contra
4. Super Mario Bros 2
5. Kirby's Adventure
6. Metroid

these are most of the major NES games that I do not own.

BBS Signature
ghostxero
ghostxero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-07-28 13:26:33 Reply

i went and got twilight princess a few weeks back....didnt remember much but 41 hours later im at hyrule castle ready to beat it....still the best.....

if my calculations are correct. When this baby hits 88 miles an hour, your gonna see some serious shit!

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-07-29 07:27:34 Reply

At 7/23/11 03:41 PM, ZJ wrote:
At 7/21/11 04:42 PM, tyler2513 wrote: I also made a top 10 list of my favorite controllers lol
5. N64

I liked everything about the N64 controller, except for the poke. It has always felt fragile and I hated when certain games required you to spin around as fast as you can. They did it way better with the Gamecube poke if you ask me.

But for the rest it's a great controller. I liked how there is both a poke and a d-pad so that games have more options with the controls. All the basic stuff can be done with the A, B and Z buttons which are easily reachable and there are plenty of extra options with the C-buttons and L and R.

At 7/28/11 01:26 PM, ghostxero wrote: i went and got twilight princess a few weeks back....didnt remember much but 41 hours later im at hyrule castle ready to beat it....still the best.....

I think it took me 36 hours to beat or so, but I got 65 hours clocked right now. The sidequests aren't that eloborate, but I kinda like walking around and fighting monsters.

BBS Signature
rockereaper
rockereaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Audiophile
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-07-29 14:36:06 Reply

Anyone has the game conduit 2?

Metal Hell
The cold wind and the snow of this night, whips my heart of pure ice
My cold blood is running through my veins, but my soul burns like an everlasting flame

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-07-29 15:44:27 Reply

Sakurai has the best cat ever.

:3

The Nintendo Club

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-07-29 15:46:29 Reply

God fucking...

ht tps://twitt er.com/# !/So ra_Sakurai

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-07-29 17:14:48 Reply

At 7/29/11 07:27 AM, Auz wrote:
At 7/28/11 01:26 PM, ghostxero wrote: i went and got twilight princess a few weeks back....didnt remember much but 41 hours later im at hyrule castle ready to beat it....still the best.....
I think it took me 36 hours to beat or so, but I got 65 hours clocked right now. The sidequests aren't that eloborate, but I kinda like walking around and fighting monsters.

Twilight Princess was fucking boss! I have about 60 hours on it or so. Spent the last hours hunting for Poes. Didn't manage to finish the hunt, lacking only 1 or 2 ghosts. I just couldn't find them.

I am thinking of grabbing some Gamecube games and a controller. The Wii is backwards compatible and I have yet to use this feature. And to be honest - I never played Gamecube. Well, I played Mario Sunshine once, but that doesn't count, because the fun lasted only for a few minutes.

Got anything to recommend, bros?

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-07-29 20:21:24 Reply

I am thinking of grabbing some Gamecube games and a controller. The Wii is backwards compatible and I have yet to use this feature. And to be honest - I never played Gamecube. Well, I played Mario Sunshine once, but that doesn't count, because the fun lasted only for a few minutes.

Got anything to recommend, bros?

Really? Never played Gamecube? The only Nintendo console I don't own is SNES and I've even fucking adored that! Anyways I'd recommend Metroid Prime, Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine (no matter how frustrating) Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Zelda: Wind Waker, Animal Crossing and maybe a Mario Party game.

Anyways anybody get the new Nintendo Power (July 2011) issue? It's pretty sick shows full 4-page coverage of the WiiU. I was interesting in the Wii U of course but didn't really care to buy it but now I can't wait until it comes out. Also been having so much fun with the Double Dragon & Castlevania franchises recently. Can't wait until I get a Super Nintendo and play Super castlevania IV. I have the first three for NES their loads of fun.

BBS Signature
blackrose96
blackrose96
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-07-29 23:41:26 Reply

I´m down. I´m a huge fan of SNES games myself. They are the most simple and the most fun games I´ve ever played. The physics of everything was great and just beating Super Mario World 1 and 2 is the most awesome feeling ever!

BBS Signature
blackrose96
blackrose96
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-07-29 23:44:28 Reply

For gamecube? I think you should try to finish Super Mario Sunshine. And for Wii I highly recommend OKAMI. It´s a blast! The concept is very interesting because it really makes use of the Wiimote and the story makes it a lot of fun.You should really check it out.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-07-30 16:21:44 Reply

July Nintendo Club Members List
Number|Username|
1. EpicFail
2. Auz
3. MrSaint
4. Blaze-Heatnix
5. Tyler2513
6. Heavenduff
7. Blackrose96
8. Gremlin
9. Dean
10. rockereaper

Also question for Auz about Final Fantasy VI you said you were getting into again. How long would you say it took to complete (if so) and what kind of skills would you say were needed for the game? Based on your details and minor descriptions of it's gameplay it seems something that would appeal to me.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-07-30 17:04:40 Reply

At 7/29/11 05:14 PM, MrSaint wrote:
At 7/29/11 02:36 PM, rockereaper wrote: Anyone has the game conduit 2?

Didn't tyler have Conduit 2? I know someone in here had it in his signature.

At 7/29/11 03:44 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Sakurai has the best cat ever.

I like his floppy ears :3

Twilight Princess was fucking boss! I have about 60 hours on it or so. Spent the last hours hunting for Poes. Didn't manage to finish the hunt, lacking only 1 or 2 ghosts. I just couldn't find them.

Yeah they're quite difficult to find. I think I'm stuck at 56 / 60 and I have no clue where to look. I guess I could use a guide, but meh...

I am thinking of grabbing some Gamecube games and a controller. The Wii is backwards compatible and I have yet to use this feature.

Heh. It would probably give you an advantage in games like Mariokart and Brawl. At least, I noticed I did better at those games when I used the GC controller.

At 7/30/11 04:21 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Also question for Auz about Final Fantasy VI you said you were getting into again. How long would you say it took to complete (if so)

I got 18 hours clocked at the moment and I haven't finished it yet. How long it will take you will largely depend on how many sidequests, treasure hunting and magic learning you are willing to do.

If you're just rushing straight through the story and don't do too much grinding than 20 hours should be enough to beat the game. If you will pay attention to all the sidequests and treasure hunting than I would guess... 30 hours at the very least. Definitely much longer without a guide.

It also depends on which version you are playing though. The GBA version has more extras than the Playstation and SNES ones. I recommend the GBA version if you can get your hands on it.

and what kind of skills would you say were needed for the game? Based on your details and minor descriptions of it's gameplay it seems something that would appeal to me.

Skills as in: What you need to be good at to win the game?

Well I don't know if you're familiar with the Final Fantasy series, but it's a typical RPG Final Fantasy game. You don't need fast reflexes or anything. What you do need sometimes is quick thinking to get out of a pinch during tough battles. And of course determine strategies to defeat enemies.

Alternatively you can just grind a fuckload and then the game will be a walk in the park, but that's no fun.

It's not a very hard game, I will admit, but it's definitely worth checking out.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-08-01 22:09:22 Reply

So, the other day, my buddy spent 20 minutes telling me how Shigeru Miyamoto's signature looks like he just wanted to draw some tits. What do you guys think?

The Nintendo Club

Sig by Luis - AMA

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-08-01 22:20:10 Reply

At 7/21/11 04:04 PM, Auz wrote:
At 7/19/11 11:53 AM, Auz wrote: Oh that's a game I should definitely check out someday. If I can get my hands on it that is...
Wasn't the game originally only released in Japan and the English versions were basically fan translations?

No. There was three games in the serie. The serie is called Mother. Earthbound is in fact Mother 2, but was the only one of the three games to be released in American and Europe. The three games wre all released in Japan though. What you are talking about, are the fan translations of Mother 1 and Mother 3. Both games were never released on game consoles, but can be played on emulator.

But like I said, Earthbound was translated by professionnals and got it's official release in Occident.

It is still a rare game and a highly appreciated game amongs SNES fans.

Btw, I finished my Earthbound game and it was fucking great :) I suggest everybody tries this game, even if it's on emulator.

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-08-02 07:22:35 Reply

At 8/1/11 10:20 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
Btw, I finished my Earthbound game and it was fucking great :) I suggest everybody tries this game, even if it's on emulator.

I know it isn't cool to talk about emulating stuff, specially here, but I did play this game on an emulator. It was fantastic, thought I didn't beat. Reached the moment, where Poo joins my team and that's when I kind of forgot about the game. Couldn't get back to it later. Gonna have to restart from the beginning

Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-08-02 07:37:51 Reply

At 7/30/11 05:04 PM, Auz wrote:
At 7/29/11 05:14 PM, MrSaint wrote:
At 7/29/11 02:36 PM, rockereaper wrote: Anyone has the game conduit 2?
Didn't tyler have Conduit 2? I know someone in here had it in his signature.

That would be, however since Conduit 2 was huge letdown to me, since 1. It's CoD with The Conduit skins, weapons and mechanics. 2. It's REGION LOCKED, 3. Despite the region lock the lag of the online is just terrible.

I ended up selling my soul to the devil and got BO for Wii even though I've always hated CoDs because I'm not friend of the game mechanics, but it's a good time killer after you start getting better on multiplayer and on zombies.

Sorry if my name change has confused someone.

MEDIC!

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-08-02 10:25:22 Reply

At 7/30/11 04:21 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Also question for Auz about Final Fantasy VI you said you were getting into again. How long would you say it took to complete (if so)

Oh well I'd mainly like to focus on completing the main story so I can get into it then try sidequests and all that.

It also depends on which version you are playing though. The GBA version has more extras than the Playstation and SNES ones. I recommend the GBA version if you can get your hands on it.

Yeah I only wish I had a SNES so looks like I'll be scouting for the GBA version.

Well I don't know if you're familiar with the Final Fantasy series, but it's a typical RPG Final Fantasy game. You don't need fast reflexes or anything. What you do need sometimes is quick thinking to get out of a pinch during tough battles. And of course determine strategies to defeat enemies.

I'm very familiar with the series I spoke somewhat wrong I guess. I ment skills as in what weapons or classes would you say are most effective?

Alternatively you can just grind a fuckload and then the game will be a walk in the park, but that's no fun.

It's not a very hard game, I will admit, but it's definitely worth checking out.

In that case it would be perfect for me because I'm mainly looking for an easy yet not beginners level Final Fantasy game to get me into the series then work my way up from there. The first six Final Fantasy games do indeed look good.

Also I have been looking for some more Gameboy Advance games and have succeeded in finding many. I think I have an extraordinary library for both my Gamecube and my NES. There are very few remaining classics for Gamecube and GBA that I have yet to own so I've been looking my hardest and finding many places packed with them.

Games I got recently for it include: Pokemon Emerald, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and the Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap ALL FOR $15 BUCKS!

Also at that note I just HAD to do this:

Favorite Franchise Per Console
NES-Super Mario
SNES-Donkey Kong
N64-The Legend Of Zelda
GC-Metroid
Wii-Super Smash Bros
Gameboy-Pokemon
Gameboy Advance-Golden Sun
Nintendo DS-Mario Vs Donkey Kong

Wii U
That new Nintendo Power issue I can't stop reading through. It introduces so many amazing upcoming games and a full few pages coverage of the console. Turns out it has a speaker a mic, online play, amazing HD and so much more! : )

BBS Signature
dmansland
dmansland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-08-07 20:51:25 Reply

So guys, I have been gone forever, been playing more PS3 than anything (curse you Street Fighter!)
Confession time! I recently bought an Action Replay for Gamecube about a week ago and ever since I've hasd it, I have not set it down once. I am basically replaying all my games, but this time while being a cheating little bastard. I even went out to get some new GC game I never owned like True Crime LA. Sad thing is, there are no good GC games in my gamestores so I basically have to travel Downtown to hopeully find some. I am having a blast though, who know cheating could feel so right.

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-08-08 00:06:23 Reply

At 8/7/11 08:51 PM, dmansland wrote: So guys, I have been gone forever, been playing more PS3 than anything (curse you Street Fighter!)
Confession time! I recently bought an Action Replay for Gamecube about a week ago and ever since I've hasd it, I have not set it down once. I am basically replaying all my games, but this time while being a cheating little bastard. I even went out to get some new GC game I never owned like True Crime LA. Sad thing is, there are no good GC games in my gamestores so I basically have to travel Downtown to hopeully find some. I am having a blast though, who know cheating could feel so right.

I've always wanted an Action Replay for the Gamecube. It's the only known way that you can unlock Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda in Animal Crossing.

Sig by Luis - AMA

BBS Signature
dmansland
dmansland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-08-08 00:50:10 Reply

At 8/8/11 12:06 AM, ZJ wrote: I've always wanted an Action Replay for the Gamecube. It's the only known way that you can unlock Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda in Animal Crossing.

Well I got mind on Amazon for 31 (with shipping) but I'm not sure if it was a good deal, I just always wanted one and it's worth it for me. I find it funny how you must use a device that is not endorsed by Nintendo to unlock 2 special features from a 1st party game

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-08-08 01:41:23 Reply

At 8/2/11 07:22 AM, MrSaint wrote: I know it isn't cool to talk about emulating stuff, specially here, but I did play this game on an emulator. It was fantastic, thought I didn't beat. Reached the moment, where Poo joins my team and that's when I kind of forgot about the game. Couldn't get back to it later. Gonna have to restart from the beginning

I had to play this game quite a few times from the beginning for the same reason. There are some parts in this game that just break the rhythm if you know what I mean. Some parts are kind of boring and if you get stuck for a little while or if you stop playing during these parts, chances are that you won't pick up the controller again.

It's a mistake though. The game is still awesome :)

Auz
Auz
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-08-08 06:17:32 Reply

At 8/1/11 10:20 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 7/21/11 04:04 PM, Auz wrote:
No. There was three games in the serie. The serie is called Mother. Earthbound is in fact Mother 2, but was the only one of the three games to be released in American and Europe. The three games wre all released in Japan though. What you are talking about, are the fan translations of Mother 1 and Mother 3. Both games were never released on game consoles, but can be played on emulator.

But like I said, Earthbound was translated by professionnals and got it's official release in Occident.

Oh. I thought there was only one game and I was kinda wondering why people often called it Earthbound and Mother. Thought it had something to do with the original title and the release title in America or Europe.

It is still a rare game and a highly appreciated game amongs SNES fans.

Sssssh! :p

Technically emulators aren't illegal, but ROMS are so we better not tell other people to use them.

Anyway, I'll see if I can find this game. I have heard so many good things about it now.

At 8/2/11 10:25 AM, tyler2513 wrote:
Oh well I'd mainly like to focus on completing the main story so I can get into it then try sidequests and all that.

Yeah I only wish I had a SNES so looks like I'll be scouting for the GBA version.

I'm very familiar with the series I spoke somewhat wrong I guess. I ment skills as in what weapons or classes would you say are most effective?

Oh. The thing with FF6 is that while character do have a certain class, you can basically set them up in any way you like. The class only gives them one unique skill. For example, Locke is an 'Adventurer' and has the Steal / Mug ability to steal items from enemies. Sabin is a Monk and has Blitz with which he can perform all kinds of moves depending what button combo you insert. Etc.

I wouldn't say there is one character with an outstanding, awesome skill, though some are better than others in my opinion. I personally find Terra's Trance (I think it doubles all damage from her), Locke's Steal, Edgar's Tools, Cyan's Bushido, Sabin's Blitz and Shadow's Throw the most useful ones, but Strago's Blue Magic and Gau's Rage can kick some major ass too if you learned the right moves. The other characters have less interesting skills in my opinion.

Furthermore the class also determines what type of weapons one can equip. I think Terra and Celes are pretty awesome with this, because while they are mage-like characters in the beginning, they can still equip swords, armor and shields so that they have good attack and defenses too.

Anyway, eventually you will be able to let your characters grow in any way you want. You can focus on HP, MP, Magic, Strength, Speed or Stamina with every level up by equiping different espers (pro-tip: don't bother upgrading Stamina and don't bother too much with HP and MP). Now the skill a character has might be connected to one of these attributes so I guess you should keep that in mind when you decide what you mostly want to focus on.

As for weapons, well there are many, many useful ones around. Some have a random instant death ability attached to them which can be sweet, but it will give you a disadvantage when fighting undead enemies.

In that case it would be perfect for me because I'm mainly looking for an easy yet not beginners level Final Fantasy game to get me into the series then work my way up from there. The first six Final Fantasy games do indeed look good.

Final Fantasy I is very hard and confusing in my opinion. The game doesn't give you much of a clue on where to go and sometimes you'll wind up in areas with monsters far stronger than you. I didn't like it much to be honest.

Final Fantasy VI is one of the best games in the series. I suppose it'd be a good one to start with.

Games I got recently for it include: Pokemon Emerald, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and the Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap ALL FOR $15 BUCKS!

Sweet deal.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-08-08 14:29:13 Reply

Oh. The thing with FF6 is that while character do have a certain class, you can basically set them up in any way you like. The class only gives them one unique skill. For example, Locke is an 'Adventurer' and has the Steal / Mug ability to steal items from enemies. Sabin is a Monk and has Blitz with which he can perform all kinds of moves depending what button combo you insert. Etc.

Wow that's some useful information there you sure know your stuff about FF6. Thanks!

Furthermore the class also determines what type of weapons one can equip. I think Terra and Celes are pretty awesome with this, because while they are mage-like characters in the beginning, they can still equip swords, armor and shields so that they have good attack and defenses too.

Yes this part I'm familiar with I'm pretty sure I still own Final Fantasy Tactics on the GBA.

Anyway, eventually you will be able to let your characters grow in any way you want. You can focus on HP, MP, Magic, Strength, Speed or Stamina with every level up by equiping different espers (pro-tip: don't bother upgrading Stamina and don't bother too much with HP and MP). Now the skill a character has might be connected to one of these attributes so I guess you should keep that in mind when you decide what you mostly want to focus on.

Wow so like level-ups and upgrades sort of? So the farther along your advanced with HP, MP, Magic so on the more you are able to equip with? Wow sounds interesting now that I'm 16 I can get a legal actual job I'm going in the market next weekend to pick up some more handheld games hopefully be able to find this one to.

As for weapons, well there are many, many useful ones around. Some have a random instant death ability attached to them which can be sweet, but it will give you a disadvantage when fighting undead enemies.

You can have abilities attached to the items? How exactly do you earn abilities?

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-08-08 18:51:19 Reply

I've just beaten Final Fantasy VI at last.

I wanted to prepare some more for the final dungeon, but I thought "Fuck it. Let's not make things too easy.". So I went in and with reasonable difficulty I managed to kick Kefka's ass and restore peace to the world.

Overall I think it was an awesome game. Probably my second favorite Final Fantasy game right after Final Fantasy IX.

At 8/8/11 02:29 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
Wow so like level-ups and upgrades sort of? So the farther along your advanced with HP, MP, Magic so on the more you are able to equip with? Wow sounds interesting now that I'm 16 I can get a legal actual job I'm going in the market next weekend to pick up some more handheld games hopefully be able to find this one to.

Just stat boosting basically for when your character goes up a level. Your stats don't matter for when you want to equip items.

Every esper has a unique stat they can boost. Like Ifrit gives Strength +1 on level up, Ramuh gives Stamina +1, Bismarck gives Strength +2 etc.

Higher strength just means more damage with physical attacks. Higher magic just means more damage when casting spells (spells can really kick ass in this game). Higher speed means your ATB fills up faster (less waiting time before you can move again). Higher stamina I think means that you can heal faster under regen, but you also take more damage when poisoned... Like I said, I wouldn't boost this stat at all. It's really not useful.

You can have abilities attached to the items? How exactly do you earn abilities?

Nope. Items don't teach you anything. You learn magic spells by equipping espers to your characters. The abilities basically come with level ups or your character already has them.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-08-08 21:54:21 Reply

At 8/8/11 06:51 PM, Auz wrote: I've just beaten Final Fantasy VI at last.

I wanted to prepare some more for the final dungeon, but I thought "Fuck it. Let's not make things too easy.". So I went in and with reasonable difficulty I managed to kick Kefka's ass and restore peace to the world.

Overall I think it was an awesome game. Probably my second favorite Final Fantasy game right after Final Fantasy IX.\

The only final fantasy games I've played have been Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy III well, that's all I can remember. I'm sure based on your advice and description this game will fullfill the place of best FF game for me.

Just stat boosting basically for when your character goes up a level. Your stats don't matter for when you want to equip items.

Hmm I see I'll be sure to keep this in mind this weekend when I most likely purchase the game.

Higher strength just means more damage with physical attacks. Higher magic just means more damage when casting spells (spells can really kick ass in this game). Higher speed means your ATB fills up faster (less waiting time before you can move again). Higher stamina I think means that you can heal faster under regen, but you also take more damage when poisoned... Like I said, I wouldn't boost this stat at all. It's really not useful.

Is that so? This seems like a very appealing game to me. Will probably end up becoming my favorite FF game.

Anyways I am currently working on several games at the moment. I've been replaying the Golden Sun series (very lazily at that) and after beating the first I moved on the The Lost Age. I'm currently at just after the part where they discover that the Wise One had transformed Isaac's father and Felix's parents into the previously fought dragon. I've never completed Golden Sun: Dark Dawn though so after The Lost Age I'm moving onto that.

I decided to try Super Mario Sunshine again as I never did defeat Bowser or even unlock Corunna Mountain at that matter. So after 4 full days of SMS I got every Shine Sprite in Ricco Harbor, Bianco Hills and nearly Gelato Beach. As for the rest I'm not doing all that great. Especially Noki Bay I suck ass at Noki Bay.

Favorite Games Per Console/Handheld
NES-Super Mario Bros 3
SNES-??? (I do not own this ;(
N64-LOZ Ocarina Of Time
GC-Metroid Prime
Wii-SSBB
GB-Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins
GBA-Golden Sun
DS-Bowser's Inside Story
3DS-??? (nor do I own this ;(

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-08-09 00:40:38 Reply

At 8/8/11 06:17 AM, Auz wrote: Oh. I thought there was only one game and I was kinda wondering why people often called it Earthbound and Mother. Thought it had something to do with the original title and the release title in America or Europe.

Well, the title Mother 2 doesn't appear anywhere in the english version of the game, or on the cartridge. I think they might have changed the name of the game for the english release because we didn't have the first Mother game. I don't know if Earthbound is a subtitle in the Japanesse version, though.

Anyway, I'll see if I can find this game. I have heard so many good things about it now.

If you've heard good things, they are most likely true. Get the game.

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-08-24 07:01:46 Reply

ARE WE DIED?!?!?!

Say it ain't so, please.

Thinking of getting New Super Mario Bros on the Wii. People say that hours of brotastic fun are guaranteed. Though if I will want to play multiplayer, I'll have to cash out for another Wii Controller.

And one more game that got me hyped, really really hyped. Skyward Sword. Fuck yeah, this beast will be incredible, I am so sure of it. I have no doubt that Nintendo will make this one of the best yet. It uses Motion Plus though, but the upside is, that it's sold with a copy of the game, so it's all cool.