tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Sep. 26th, 2011 @ 02:38 PM Reply

At 9/26/11 12:14 PM, Auz wrote:
At 9/26/11 10:27 AM, tyler2513 wrote: What's the most you guys ever spent on a video game? For me it was Donkey Kong Country 70 bucks I got it the day it came to my closest retailer. I now see that's way to much as the game stands around 40 now at all my local retailers but at the time I didn't think it was THAT bad.
If I remember correctly the standard price for N64 games was about 60 euros when I was young. I don't think I've ever paid more for a video game than that. A couple of months ago I bought Conkers Bad Fur Day for 42 euros which is the most I've spent on a video game in the past 7 years or so.

Oops sorry I ment to put Donkey Kong Country Returns sorry about that I've never owned a SNES in my life unfortunately. I've never heard of Conkers Bad Fur Day is it for N64 or something?

Anyways I'm getting a N3DS for halloween apparently I'm so psyched.

BBS Signature
Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 03:19 PM Reply

At 9/26/11 10:27 AM, tyler2513 wrote: What's the most you guys ever spent on a video game? For me it was Donkey Kong Country 70 bucks I got it the day it came to my closest retailer. I now see that's way to much as the game stands around 40 now at all my local retailers but at the time I didn't think it was THAT bad.

I paid a lot for F-Zero GX (whatever the release price was) and shortly after I bought it the price dropped to $30. That was the last time I ever paid full price for a console game.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 04:09 PM Reply

At 9/26/11 02:38 PM, tyler2513 wrote: I've never heard of Conkers Bad Fur Day is it for N64 or something?

Yep. The game is made by Rare and it's a platforming game with the same cartoon-y style as Banjo Kazooie and Donkey Kong 64. However, they aimed the game much more at mature audiences. There's a lot of (cartoon) violence, gore and sex themes present in the game. Also, a lot of pop culture references.

If you own an N64 this is a must have in my opinion. I think it's a classic and a game that you wouldn't forget about.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 12 July 2014)

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Sep. 28th, 2011 @ 08:02 PM Reply

Yep. The game is made by Rare and it's a platforming game with the same cartoon-y style as Banjo Kazooie and Donkey Kong 64. However, they aimed the game much more at mature audiences. There's a lot of (cartoon) violence, gore and sex themes present in the game. Also, a lot of pop culture references.

If you own an N64 this is a must have in my opinion. I think it's a classic and a game that you wouldn't forget about.

I see sounds like yet another interesting platformer by Rare.

I paid a lot for F-Zero GX (whatever the release price was) and shortly after I bought it the price dropped to $30. That was the last time I ever paid full price for a console game.

Same thing happened to me with Gamecube. There was a miraculous price drop after I bought the console the second day of it's release.

ALSO:
My Gameboy Line is 100% complete! I got the original Gameboy 1991 or something a little while before my actual birth it was my brothers at the time. We later got Gameboy Pocket and Gameboy Light both of which are rarely played in our house and I honestly don't think highly of those two. Later we got Gameboy Color an awesome addition to the Gameboy Line and with my own money I purchased Gameboy Advance which to this day is my favorite handheld system. Just a year or two ago I got a Gameboy Advance SP which had huge advancements done on the screen work. It was a very nice device and addition to the Gameboy Line as well. And now, about 10 minutes ago possibly not even I got a Gameboy Micro! I've never played one honestly but it looks totally amazing and awestrucking.

Actually come to think of it, this leaves very few Nintendo Handhelds I have to collect. I have DS, DSi, and my brothers own DS Lite. So other than Nintendo DSi XL and Nintendo 3DS I have the complete collection of Nintendo handheld gaming. I'm going to buy Golden Sun 3 now.

BBS Signature
PSILeo
PSILeo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Sep. 29th, 2011 @ 08:21 PM Reply

I'm disappointed at the fact that The Legend Of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversery Edition doesn't have online multiplayer...

""Victory Loves Prepareness"" | I'm a Icon Mod.
PSN: PK-Lucas//Gamertag:PSILeo

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Oct. 1st, 2011 @ 09:55 AM Reply

At 9/28/11 08:02 PM, tyler2513 wrote:

I see sounds like yet another interesting platformer by Rare.

Yes it is quite an interesting and fun game. You should try it someday.

Gameboy Pocket and Gameboy Light

Never heard of the Gameboy Light. The Gameboy Pocket wasn't really a big improvement in my opinion.

Gameboy Color

It was nice to see handheld games turning to colour, but I was never interested in getting a Gameboy Colour. I was fine playing them in black and white.

Gameboy Advance

This made quite a big improvement in handheld games. I liked it a lot, but I don't own that many games for it.

Gameboy Advance SP

I never saw what the big improvement was about this thing other that it had a flipable screen.

At 9/29/11 08:21 PM, PSILeo wrote: I'm disappointed at the fact that The Legend Of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversery Edition doesn't have online multiplayer...

It doesn't? Damn.

The one reason I never got to play this game was because I couldn't find people to play it with me. If there was an online multiplayer option then I could've surely played the game.

BBS Signature
FelipeLuna
FelipeLuna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Oct. 1st, 2011 @ 06:23 PM Reply

More 1 in group :D

BBS Signature
DancingLink
DancingLink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Oct. 1st, 2011 @ 11:36 PM Reply

WOOT WOOT!
Nintendo RULES!

DancingLink likes to dance with Dancing Link.
WE ARE BEST BUDDIES!

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Oct. 2nd, 2011 @ 06:13 PM Reply

Just got my new keyboard. My brother spilt juice all over the last one so it stopped working. Anyways my friend has a SNES with exactly 11 games. I've offered him a Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Light AND my NES Turbo controller for it. He's thinking about it currently.

BBS Signature
Ysundre
Ysundre
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Oct. 2nd, 2011 @ 09:11 PM Reply

I don't own a single Nintendo console at the moment, but I really want to get an original Nintendo 64 or Nintendo GameCube. Both have games that I could play endlessly, it's just a matter of finding the consoles, and then the games. Does anyone have a solution as to where I could find these things?

ZJ
ZJ
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Oct. 2nd, 2011 @ 10:35 PM Reply

Have any of you guys ever seen this picture before? I really like it. I wanna see if there's a poster of it near my college so that I can put it up in my room.

The Nintendo Club

Sig by FB - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, & Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Oct. 3rd, 2011 @ 04:25 AM Reply

At 10/2/11 09:11 PM, Ysundre wrote: I don't own a single Nintendo console at the moment, but I really want to get an original Nintendo 64 or Nintendo GameCube. Both have games that I could play endlessly, it's just a matter of finding the consoles, and then the games. Does anyone have a solution as to where I could find these things?

Your best bet is going on Ebay or Amazon and by a second hand one from there (or you might find a brand new one if you're lucky). You could also try to find a local store that still sells old video games and consoles.

At 10/2/11 10:35 PM, ZJ wrote: Have any of you guys ever seen this picture before? I really like it. I wanna see if there's a poster of it near my college so that I can put it up in my room.

What's that thing on the right of the GBA SP?

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Oct. 3rd, 2011 @ 04:30 AM Reply

At 10/3/11 04:25 AM, Auz wrote:
At 10/2/11 10:35 PM, ZJ wrote: Have any of you guys ever seen this picture before? I really like it. I wanna see if there's a poster of it near my college so that I can put it up in my room.

I believe it's the Game Boy Micro.

Sig by FB - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, & Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
DancingLink
DancingLink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 09:28 PM Reply

WOOT! Go Nintendo! :DDDD

DancingLink likes to dance with Dancing Link.
WE ARE BEST BUDDIES!

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Nintendo Club Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 11:21 PM Reply

Haven't posted in a while in here. Sowwy.

tyler2513, I have never heard of the Game Boy Light, but when I read this on the Wikipedia page: "Considered the rarest of rare Game Boys, NIB Game Boy Light units regularly sell in the triple-figures on online auction websites", I shat my pants. No wonder Auz nor I heard about it - Japan only

As for me, I own a Game Boy Color which I got at the age of 5. And I owned a DS. One of my friends sat on it and the top screen broke off. I was devastated, really. It was a veteran, I got it a few months after the launch

So now I have like, 20+ DS games on my hands, plus an R4i cartridge. Thought of getting a new DS, but realized that they don't sell the first ones anymore. So I am still thinking about this whole thing. Maybe I should sell my cartridges or something. Any suggestions?

dpdgamer
dpdgamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 09:55 AM Reply

Count me in, currently working on FF2 and chrono trigger.

CREATING REALITY ONE VIRTUAL WORLD AT A TIME/Sig by:Jebbal

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 04:38 PM Reply

At 10/9/11 11:21 PM, MrSaint wrote: Haven't posted in a while in here. Sowwy.

tyler2513, I have never heard of the Game Boy Light, but when I read this on the Wikipedia page: "Considered the rarest of rare Game Boys, NIB Game Boy Light units regularly sell in the triple-figures on online auction websites", I shat my pants. No wonder Auz nor I heard about it - Japan only

As for me, I own a Game Boy Color which I got at the age of 5. And I owned a DS. One of my friends sat on it and the top screen broke off. I was devastated, really. It was a veteran, I got it a few months after the launch

So now I have like, 20+ DS games on my hands, plus an R4i cartridge. Thought of getting a new DS, but realized that they don't sell the first ones anymore. So I am still thinking about this whole thing. Maybe I should sell my cartridges or something. Any suggestions?

I would sell many cartridges there are still worth 20-30 bucks around here recently I sold a few GBA games in order to buy FFVI for GBA that Auz had recommended to me. Also I know, the GB Light is truly amazing I got it for about 60-70 bucks only. I got a few friends who were willing to pay up to 100 bucks but I think I could find a buyer that would pay much higher than that price. Also, I'm hoping that before Christmas I could get a Nintendo 3DS.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Oct. 17th, 2011 @ 03:39 PM Reply

Recently I picked up Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: Grimoire of the long ass title.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, while not really being amongst my favourite games, is actually the game I got the most playing hours clocked in (180+ hours and counting). I thought I'd give this sequel a try as well.

So far I am enjoying it and I'm liking some of the new additions (new job classes, new abilities, new map system, new races etc.). It's good that they also altered the laws system to something far less annoying. That was probably my biggest gripe with the first game, those annoying laws that disallowed you to take certain actions and sent your units to jail if you broke them.

Now as with the first one, the game is still a bit longwinded though. One battle (or quest/mission) in this game can easily take 30 minutes or longer which can feel a bit too long sometimes. Especially if you have to go through a lot of battles without much progress in the plot. I mean, in the main story I've done about 10-15 missions so far (12 hours in) and I still don't have the feeling that the plot is really going anywhere.

Anyway, I'm liking it and I'll see how the game progresses.

At 10/3/11 04:30 AM, ZJ wrote:
At 10/2/11 10:35 PM, ZJ wrote:

Ah I see. A Japan only thing apparently.

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Oct. 17th, 2011 @ 04:15 PM Reply

At 10/2/11 10:35 PM, ZJ wrote:

Nope. It was in North America, not sure about UK though. It was the size a a chocolate bar! The only handheld that can possibly compare to a cell phone.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Oct. 23rd, 2011 @ 04:36 PM Reply

I'm still playing Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift. 22 hours in and I'm kind of enjoying it, but I do have a few problems with it.

Namely:
-The gameplay is kind of repetitive. I like how they offered different types of missions, but from the looks of it I'm quite far in the game now and the game hasn't really offered much new yet. I got a feeling that there won't be much more to it than battling my way to the end at this point.
-The laws are still rather annoying. Even though the penalty isn't as bad as it was with the previous game, you still get screwed with them quite often because of pure bad luck.
-As I said before, the game is very longwinded. Battles take long, but what also takes long is this micromanagement that you have to do after each battle. After every battle I spend like 10-20 minutes changing equipment, unlocking new equipment at the store, buying new equipment and unlocking new quests. I liked FFT on the PS1 more on this regard as the gameplay was much less complex and you didn't have to spend so much time micromanaging your party.
-It doesn't seem like the creators cared much for the plot. I got a feeling I'm doing one unimportant mission after the other, but somehow the plot progresses. I'm already past the halfway point, but I haven't seen one returning antagonist yet, nor any plot element that seemed really important.

At 10/17/11 04:15 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
Nope. It was in North America, not sure about UK though. It was the size a a chocolate bar! The only handheld that can possibly compare to a cell phone.

I can't really remember anyone owning one here, so I doubt it was released in Europe.

BBS Signature
dmansland
dmansland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Oct. 23rd, 2011 @ 07:39 PM Reply

Sorry guys, no Nintendo news till now. I finally got a Nintendo 3DS and it looks amazing. I bought it with Starfox 64 and I just have to get this off my chest...

WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO THE VOICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Oct. 23rd, 2011 @ 09:34 PM Reply

At 10/23/11 07:39 PM, dmansland wrote: Sorry guys, no Nintendo news till now. I finally got a Nintendo 3DS and it looks amazing. I bought it with Starfox 64 and I just have to get this off my chest...

WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO THE VOICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post your friend code here if you want. Mario 3D Land comes out soon. I'll finally have something to play while on a bus Nintendo often portrays in their commercials.

dmansland
dmansland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Oct. 24th, 2011 @ 02:21 AM Reply

Thanks for the link.
Just finished Starfox 64 and it is spot-fucking-on. No faults what so ever besides the voices but that is easily over loooked by how fun the game is. The 3D, while nice, is distracting though, had to turn it off during the final boss. Beat it on Hard though so now I have to go through the Medium and Easy levels. I have to say, I thought that by the look of the slider, it would be terrible and hard to use, but it feels amazing and is actually better than the PS3 and WiiMote/Nunchuk analoge sticks, and 100000000000000 times better than that shitty PSP stick. I plan to save up some money to get OoT and SSF4 in that order, and then wait for Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario, and Super Mario 3D Land. If only I had money so I can get my girlfriend one for Christmas, she would love it.

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Oct. 24th, 2011 @ 04:02 PM Reply

Kirby Returns To Dreamland comes out today! Looks like an awesome game really hoping to get it before christmas if not, then for christmas. Been buying loads of Wii classics recently.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Oct. 24th, 2011 @ 04:59 PM Reply

At 10/17/11 03:39 PM, Auz wrote: Recently I picked up Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: Grimoire of the long ass title.

I really liked the first, I tried a bit of the second but never got in to it like I was with the first one.
I do want to give it a real chance some day though, but currently I'm playing Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns.

I get frustrated easily with it because it doesn't tell me where to get things for people's requests, so that's a bit of a pain...

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Oct. 25th, 2011 @ 03:27 PM Reply

At 10/24/11 04:59 PM, Luke wrote:
At 10/17/11 03:39 PM, Auz wrote: Recently I picked up Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: Grimoire of the long ass title.
I really liked the first, I tried a bit of the second but never got in to it like I was with the first one.
I do want to give it a real chance some day though,

You mean Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for the Gameboy Advance, right?

Like I said I liked it to, but indeed the second one doesn't quite give me the same feeling. I can see they put effort into trying to make it a more expansive, better game, but it looks like they really moved the story more towards the back, to the point where it doesn't appear to be going anywhere. In the first one you had all these crystals and stuff, but here there is nothing that is really driving the story forth.

but currently I'm playing Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns.

I get frustrated easily with it because it doesn't tell me where to get things for people's requests, so that's a bit of a pain...

Oh that's a series I still need to dive into. My neighbour had it once and showed it to me. I kinda liked it, but never gave it a chance yet.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Oct. 25th, 2011 @ 05:49 PM Reply

At 10/25/11 03:27 PM, Auz wrote: You mean Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for the Gameboy Advance, right?

Yes sir!

Like I said I liked it to, but indeed the second one doesn't quite give me the same feeling. I can see they put effort into trying to make it a more expansive, better game, but it looks like they really moved the story more towards the back, to the point where it doesn't appear to be going anywhere. In the first one you had all these crystals and stuff, but here there is nothing that is really driving the story forth.

I agree completely man, I was totally sucked in to the first FFTA game, but the second just didn't do it for me... It was so different, and like you said the story just isn't really there. I can't remember what was supposed to be going on in that game when I think back to it now. I remember the first easily though, my brother and I had days and days invested in to that one, it was incredible.

Oh that's a series I still need to dive into. My neighbour had it once and showed it to me. I kinda liked it, but never gave it a chance yet.

The first time I played it, was on the Wii I believe, back when I had one... I THINK, not too sure... But it definitely wasn't a handheld one. I loved the first time I played it and I was hooked, and these ones on the DS and stuff just don't have that same feeling to it. I like the DS a lot more than the Wii though, I just think Harvest Moon was better as a console game, but I'm still giving it a chance. I just slack on it because I have been so busy.

I think it's a series worth checking out, but there's no real story to follow with all of them in any order as far as I remember, so grabbing any of them should be fine.

Yeah, whatever.

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 5th, 2011 @ 08:50 PM Reply

WAKE UP, MY FRIENDS!

So damn quiet in here. Don't tell me that we have nothing to discuss

Skyward Sword, my dear friends, oh Skyward Sword. November 18, 2011 in Europe, November 20, 2011 in North America. Yeah, I know that we have a whole topic dedicated to this in the VG Forum, but hey.

I bet this game is one good hell of an excuse to clean the dust from your Wii and start playing!

Though I still use mine pretty often, Homebrew, etc :S
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 6th, 2011 @ 12:10 AM Reply

At 11/5/11 08:50 PM, MrSaint wrote: WAKE UP, MY FRIENDS!

So damn quiet in here. Don't tell me that we have nothing to discuss

Skyward Sword, my dear friends, oh Skyward Sword. November 18, 2011 in Europe, November 20, 2011 in North America. Yeah, I know that we have a whole topic dedicated to this in the VG Forum, but hey.

I bet this game is one good hell of an excuse to clean the dust from your Wii and start playing!

Though I still use mine pretty often, Homebrew, etc :S

My Wii's been frequently played after the major success of 2010. But yeah Skyward Sword is looking absolutely amazing I just hope there done with releasing information because there released enough as it is. I'm so happy to hear about just how giant Skyloft is supposed to be in the game it sounds totally awesome! Also, I might be getting Kirby Returns To Dream Land!

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Nov. 6th, 2011 @ 02:30 AM Reply

I started Grandia on the PS1 today. God, it's soooo much fun.

Hey, you guys like nerdy music?

Just wondering.. Cuz , if you do... Check out this street fighter / shaolin / wu tang styled track I did with some friends on Newgrounds that live here.

• Uncaged w/ T.R.E & PhrOzen
    Uncaged w/ T.R.E & PhrOzen by Luke

Click to listen.

Score
    4.46 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity

Yeah, whatever.