tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Aug. 24th, 2011 @ 08:54 AM Reply

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AUZ!!!

I finally got FFVI on GBA!!!! Haven't had much time to play it though because of my grandpa's passing away I've been either staying with my family at my Grandmother's house or at my girlfriend's which has subdued so much time I'm almost not recognizing my own house. lulz

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Aug. 24th, 2011 @ 05:32 PM Reply

At 8/8/11 12:50 AM, dmansland wrote:
I find it funny how you must use a device that is not endorsed by Nintendo to unlock 2 special features from a 1st party game

Yeah, it is weird. I feel bad for the dudes who had to find a way to get an emulator for Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda into the Animal Crossing disc. They did all of that work and Nintendo never mad an official way for people to play those games. They did all of that work for nothing. Bummer.

Sig by FB - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, & Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Aug. 24th, 2011 @ 06:40 PM Reply

At 8/9/11 12:40 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 8/8/11 06:17 AM, Auz wrote: Anyway, I'll see if I can find this game. I have heard so many good things about it now.
If you've heard good things, they are most likely true. Get the game.

Well Bahamut told me it was never released in Europe, so... fuck :(

At 8/24/11 08:54 AM, tyler2513 wrote: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AUZ!!!

I finally got FFVI on GBA!!!!

Awesome! I hope it didn't cost you too much, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it anyhow.

Haven't had much time to play it though because of my grandpa's passing away I've been either staying with my family at my Grandmother's house or at my girlfriend's which has subdued so much time I'm almost not recognizing my own house. lulz

Aw :(

Hopefully things will turn out for the best.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 12 July 2014)

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Aug. 25th, 2011 @ 06:01 PM Reply

Playing Mario games on Xbox?

Ewwwwwww, the very idea makes me sick to my stomach. I hope Nintendo never does what Sega did and whore out its franchises to other console manufacturers.

Sig by FB - AMA
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Aug. 25th, 2011 @ 07:22 PM Reply

I've just started playing Final Fantasy V.

I have to say that I'm liking it a lot so far. The plot does not seem that strong (it looks rather straight forward), but the dialogues are a bit more humorous and lighthearted than in other FF games which is a nice change. Furthermore the job system seems interesting to me. Lots of options to explore and lots of ways to set up your characters which is something I always love. Still gotta figure out how exactly it works though, but I think I got the idea.

At 8/25/11 06:01 PM, ZJ wrote: Playing Mario games on Xbox?

Ewwwwwww, the very idea makes me sick to my stomach. I hope Nintendo never does what Sega did and whore out its franchises to other console manufacturers.

I doubt they'll want to follow that same road :p

BBS Signature
DarkSoldier
DarkSoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Aug. 25th, 2011 @ 08:53 PM Reply

At 8/24/11 07:01 AM, MrSaint wrote: Thinking of getting New Super Mario Bros on the Wii. People say that hours of brotastic fun are guaranteed. Though if I will want to play multiplayer, I'll have to cash out for another Wii Controller.

I already have the DS version of the game, so I don't know if it's worth buying the Wii version too? I was thinking of buying the Wii version recently but I think I'm going to wait until the price drops a bit (currently still $60).

And one more game that got me hyped, really really hyped. Skyward Sword. Fuck yeah, this beast will be incredible, I am so sure of it. I have no doubt that Nintendo will make this one of the best yet. It uses Motion Plus though, but the upside is, that it's sold with a copy of the game, so it's all cool.

I didn't know you get a Motion Plus with it. That's pretty neat, I'll finally have another one for my second Wiimote. Lot of good games coming out for Nintendo consoles this holiday season (LOZ: SS, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, etc.).

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Nintendo Club Aug. 26th, 2011 @ 06:35 AM Reply

At 8/25/11 08:53 PM, DarkSoldier wrote:
At 8/24/11 07:01 AM, MrSaint wrote: Thinking of getting New Super Mario Bros on the Wii. People say that hours of brotastic fun are guaranteed. Though if I will want to play multiplayer, I'll have to cash out for another Wii Controller.
I already have the DS version of the game, so I don't know if it's worth buying the Wii version too? I was thinking of buying the Wii version recently but I think I'm going to wait until the price drops a bit (currently still $60).

And one more game that got me hyped, really really hyped. Skyward Sword. Fuck yeah, this beast will be incredible, I am so sure of it. I have no doubt that Nintendo will make this one of the best yet. It uses Motion Plus though, but the upside is, that it's sold with a copy of the game, so it's all cool.
I didn't know you get a Motion Plus with it. That's pretty neat, I'll finally have another one for my second Wiimote. Lot of good games coming out for Nintendo consoles this holiday season (LOZ: SS, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, etc.).

I also had New Super Mario Bros. for my DS, but some chick borrowed it from me and I never got it back. The main difference is the multiplayer and a few new power ups. And World 9. But I guess I'll have to wait for the price to drop as well.

I am really hyped about Skyward Sword and I guess I'll snatch Mario Kart if I have a chance.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Aug. 26th, 2011 @ 06:00 PM Reply

Awesome! I hope it didn't cost you too much, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it anyhow.

Nope only 15 bucks pretty nice deal

Haven't had much time to play it though because of my grandpa's passing away I've been either staying with my family at my Grandmother's house or at my girlfriend's which has subdued so much time I'm almost not recognizing my own house. lulz
Aw :(

Hopefully things will turn out for the best.

Thankyou still haven't played a video game in nearly 2 weeks and doesn't look like it's gonna happen soon. Still gotta take care of a lot of things like funeral and such. Anyways I'm sure the game is great!

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Aug. 29th, 2011 @ 03:42 AM Reply

Why does everyone at college seem to have an N64? :D

Sig by FB - AMA

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club Aug. 30th, 2011 @ 02:27 AM Reply

At 8/24/11 06:40 PM, Auz wrote: Well Bahamut told me it was never released in Europe, so... fuck :(

What's the big deal? The only way you can get it nowadays is by buying on eBay or from individuals. The fact it was not released in Europe doesn't restrain you from owning it, right? Or maybe your SNES consoles are different than ours? I doubt it though...

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Sep. 1st, 2011 @ 05:18 AM Reply

At 8/26/11 06:00 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
Nope only 15 bucks pretty nice deal

Yeah indeed. I know the European version is $50 at least since it is so rare.

At 8/29/11 03:42 AM, ZJ wrote: Why does everyone at college seem to have an N64? :D

Cause they all grew up with it?

At 8/30/11 02:27 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 8/24/11 06:40 PM, Auz wrote: Well Bahamut told me it was never released in Europe, so... fuck :(
What's the big deal? The only way you can get it nowadays is by buying on eBay or from individuals. The fact it was not released in Europe doesn't restrain you from owning it, right? Or maybe your SNES consoles are different than ours? I doubt it though...

Well, I don't know if it's the same for the SNES, but usually the American copies of games aren't compatible with the European consoles. I remember having an American version of Goldeneye 007 once and it just didn't fit into the N64 slot.

I also remember many people having a European PS1 here who (illegally) rebuilt it so it could play American versions of games too, but the American games would often only be playable in black and white.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Sep. 1st, 2011 @ 10:17 AM Reply

At 9/1/11 05:18 AM, Auz wrote::

Well, I don't know if it's the same for the SNES, but usually the American copies of games aren't compatible with the European consoles. I remember having an American version of Goldeneye 007 once and it just didn't fit into the N64 slot.

I also remember many people having a European PS1 here who (illegally) rebuilt it so it could play American versions of games too, but the American games would often only be playable in black and white.

Ah I've noticed this conversation you guys have been having about Earthbound for awhile and sorry for ignoring up until this point. Well, Mother was released in Japan which was so sucessful is spawned a sequel Earthbound (also known as Mother 2 in Japan) it was also on the GBA but that was only in Japan as well. So the console versioin (SNES) was released in both Japan and North America although I don't think there was a European version. There was also a Mother 3 for GBA released in 2006 in Japan.

Anyways to your original problem with the North American version possibly not working on a European SNES, well I know you live in Europe but only most of western Europe uses a different design which is the Super Japanese Famicon design if I'm not mistaken although the other parts of Europe share the original model released a year later there. So, the Original Japanese version, the original north american version and the North American Redesign are all fully backwards compatable with eachothers games. Original PAL Version and the Super Famicon Jr. are the ones that tend not to work well with other regional copies of the games.

Past (1985-2006)
Still wishing to get my hands on a Super Nintendo my family has been more into the rule where you get one console per generation so were spending more money on games then consoles as it is. For the 4th Generation we got a Genesis so meh. I decided to go through all my NES games and fully complete each and every one of them. Last night I fully completed Bigfoot (damn that game hurts the fingers) and I beat a Pro Tournament on Blades Of Steel. Now I'm on Captain Skyhawk which really tends to be bothersome and the game mechanics really don't work as well as they should. Anyways the default high scores were so high but now not including the first two slots my name has cleared that list. Also been having loads of fun with Duck Hunt recently my Nintendo Zapper is in such good condition in comparison to my treatment of it.

Present (2007-2011)
I have nearly completed Twilight Princess and Metroid: Other M after days upon days of not really giving much of a care about them. Metroid: Other M is such a great game I don't see what everyone has to complain about. The 3DS launched with a pretty crappy library but their quickly working on what looks like it'll be a great future library for 3DS owners. I should be getting the chance to own one this month after I go back to school (5 more days dammit). I racked up my many Gamecube games and realised there's only two games on the entire shelf of Gamecube games that I have not completed. Legend Of Zelda Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine. I know it's embarassing not to have beaten these instant classics.

Future (2011-Future)
Looks like there will be one more great DS game coming our way to possibly claim the title of my favorite DS game (Bowser's Inside Story) and that game is Kirby's Mass Attack. Looks fairly interesting although I personally cannot wait for Kirby Returns To Dream Land. Star Fox 64 3D is another amazing upcoming game I really wished it had an original brand new storyline to make it an all new chapter in the Star Fox saga but what can you do? Kirby Returns To Dream Land looks like an exciting 4 co-op mode playing game. Skyward Sword just keeps getting more and more exciting. Kirby Returns To Dream Land has now set a release date: October 24th. Also the Wii U looks like it will have great mechanics and such it's just starting to grow upon me more and more. When it was first announced I was all that interested nor excited.

The Nintendo Club

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Sep. 1st, 2011 @ 04:06 PM Reply

So, question of the day: What grown man is buying a Waluigi costume from the store? Why wouldn't they opt to make their own or go for a more popular character like Mario or Luigi?

The Nintendo Club

Sig by FB - AMA

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Sep. 14th, 2011 @ 09:28 AM Reply

I've beaten Final Fantasy V (GBA version) today.

Enjoyable Final Fantasy game in my opinion. It doesn't really stand out in the series, but I had fun playing it and I think it had some interesting things in the gameplay. For instance I loved the job classes system they used for this one. Also, the game is much longer than I expected. It took me around 37 hours to get to the final boss and there aren't even that many sidequests in the game.

Anyway, if you have some spare time and feel like playing a fun RPG, this is one that I would recommend.

At 9/1/11 04:06 PM, ZJ wrote: So, question of the day: What grown man is buying a Waluigi costume from the store? Why wouldn't they opt to make their own or go for a more popular character like Mario or Luigi?

I can't imagine anyone being an actual fan of Waluigi =/

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to The Nintendo Club Sep. 14th, 2011 @ 10:13 AM Reply

At 9/14/11 09:28 AM, Auz wrote:
At 9/1/11 04:06 PM, ZJ wrote: So, question of the day: What grown man is buying a Waluigi costume from the store? Why wouldn't they opt to make their own or go for a more popular character like Mario or Luigi?
I can't imagine anyone being an actual fan of Waluigi =/

Same here but it would be real nice if he had his own game where it kind of explained where he came from. Wario got his own series and Walugi seems to be a bigger hit in the jokes than Luigi since he only appears in spin off games sadly. at least one game where is the only character would be nice I guess. Would at least give a bit of backstory to him rather than us just seeing him as the weird brother of Wario who rarely shows up.

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club Sep. 15th, 2011 @ 12:09 AM Reply

At 9/14/11 10:13 AM, SCTE3 wrote: Same here but it would be real nice if he had his own game where it kind of explained where he came from. Wario got his own series and Walugi seems to be a bigger hit in the jokes than Luigi since he only appears in spin off games sadly. at least one game where is the only character would be nice I guess. Would at least give a bit of backstory to him rather than us just seeing him as the weird brother of Wario who rarely shows up.

Think about all the time it took before Luigi even got a shot at this... I mean... he's been around since the very beginning of Mario, and was always looked upon. Now who the fuck is Waluigi? We know that Wario is the opposite of Mario, an evil Mario if you will. Then we get... Waluigi. The same concept as Wario, but without the originality. He's an evil Luigi. He's like... the side-kick of a caracter who was created as an "evil-copy" of another caracter... or the evil copy of a side-kick caracter. Can you get any less important than that? :P

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Sep. 15th, 2011 @ 06:17 AM Reply

At 9/15/11 12:09 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Can you get any less important than that? :P

Don't forget the fact that he got his start in a fucking tennis game. So, he didn't even start out in a normal Mario game. He's always been stuck in the spin-off titles.

Sig by FB - AMA

BBS Signature
LuigiBot
LuigiBot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Sep. 15th, 2011 @ 07:35 AM Reply

I'm really sad Nintendo lost Rare.

Fuck, Banjo Threeie was just about to be made on the gamecube, until rare was bought by microsoft

MFW i saw that poster of that one monster game for the xbox and seeing the rare logo on it,

I use smileys when im clinically depressed =3

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Sep. 16th, 2011 @ 04:28 PM Reply

At 9/15/11 07:35 AM, LuigiBot wrote: I'm really sad Nintendo lost Rare.

Fuck, Banjo Threeie was just about to be made on the gamecube, until rare was bought by microsoft

MFW i saw that poster of that one monster game for the xbox and seeing the rare logo on it,

I agree. Rare was one of the best game developing companies out there in the N64/PS1 era. They were for a large part responsible for giving the N64 a great games library and I think the Gamecube really suffered from the fact that Rare wasn't making games for it. It really missed (proper) sequels to Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong Racing, Jet Force Gemini, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark etc.

BBS Signature
Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Sep. 16th, 2011 @ 05:01 PM Reply

At 7/19/11 11:53 AM, Auz wrote:
At 7/18/11 11:10 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: So I started playing Earthbound again. The SNES is still and will always be the best gaming system by Nintendo :)
Oh that's a game I should definitely check out someday. If I can get my hands on it that is...

Jealous???

I got this for free lol

The Nintendo Club

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to The Nintendo Club Sep. 16th, 2011 @ 05:16 PM Reply

At 9/16/11 05:01 PM, Elfer wrote:
At 7/19/11 11:53 AM, Auz wrote:
At 7/18/11 11:10 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: So I started playing Earthbound again. The SNES is still and will always be the best gaming system by Nintendo :)
Oh that's a game I should definitely check out someday. If I can get my hands on it that is...
Jealous???

I got this for free lol

Very much so. I think the game came with a few scratch and sniff cards too when it was released though right? Never owned it on SNES but I have watched a few playthroughs of it. Great game. Still have yet to see one audio portal entry correctly do a cover of the Giygas theme. They all say Giygas cover but it's simply a cover of the final Pokey battle. :-(

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club Sep. 16th, 2011 @ 07:22 PM Reply

At 9/15/11 06:17 AM, ZJ wrote: Don't forget the fact that he got his start in a fucking tennis game. So, he didn't even start out in a normal Mario game. He's always been stuck in the spin-off titles.

Pathetic :P

At 9/16/11 05:01 PM, Elfer wrote: Jealous???

I got this for free lol

Damn! I got the game, so I'm not jealous, but who gave this to you?

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Sep. 16th, 2011 @ 07:46 PM Reply

At 9/16/11 07:22 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Damn! I got the game, so I'm not jealous, but who gave this to you?

I got it from a friend of mine quite a few years back (8?). He thought it was broken, but really it just needed a good cleaning.

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to The Nintendo Club Sep. 16th, 2011 @ 08:24 PM Reply

At 9/16/11 07:46 PM, Elfer wrote:
At 9/16/11 07:22 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Damn! I got the game, so I'm not jealous, but who gave this to you?
I got it from a friend of mine quite a few years back (8?). He thought it was broken, but really it just needed a good cleaning.

And since you're a good friend, you thought it was not necessary to give it back to him when you realised that :)

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Sep. 17th, 2011 @ 04:59 AM Reply

At 9/16/11 05:01 PM, Elfer wrote:
At 7/19/11 11:53 AM, Auz wrote: Oh that's a game I should definitely check out someday. If I can get my hands on it that is...
Jealous???

I got this for free lol

YES! 0.0

I've been looking around on the internet for a bit. Even the used versions of the game go for $130+ apparently.

BBS Signature
Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to The Nintendo Club Sep. 17th, 2011 @ 07:58 AM Reply

At 9/16/11 08:24 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: And since you're a good friend, you thought it was not necessary to give it back to him when you realised that :)

He didn't have a SNES any more and didn't really want it back. It was also not nearly as valuable at the time.

If I ever sold it for cash I'd probably send some to him, but it's such a friggin' classic.

Also Auz: The price might drop in a bit, I think there was a price spike the last few months when it was revealed that the game wasn't being released on virtual console (again), unless of course the hopes of virtual console were suppressing the price.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer

Sig by FB - AMA

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Sep. 26th, 2011 @ 04:55 AM Reply

At 9/17/11 07:58 AM, Elfer wrote: Also Auz: The price might drop in a bit, I think there was a price spike the last few months when it was revealed that the game wasn't being released on virtual console (again), unless of course the hopes of virtual console were suppressing the price.

That is likely to increase the price, but even if it drops a bit, I still think it's going to be much for a video game. I think I'd rather spend that money on other things.

At 9/25/11 02:24 PM, ZJ wrote: One of the coolest Nintendo-related things you will see today.

Lol! That's pretty awesome.

I do wish they showed a little bit more at the making of video. Like footage from the ground where they were building.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Nintendo Club Sep. 26th, 2011 @ 10:27 AM Reply

What's the most you guys ever spent on a video game? For me it was Donkey Kong Country 70 bucks I got it the day it came to my closest retailer. I now see that's way to much as the game stands around 40 now at all my local retailers but at the time I didn't think it was THAT bad.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Nintendo Club Sep. 26th, 2011 @ 12:14 PM Reply

At 9/26/11 10:27 AM, tyler2513 wrote: What's the most you guys ever spent on a video game? For me it was Donkey Kong Country 70 bucks I got it the day it came to my closest retailer. I now see that's way to much as the game stands around 40 now at all my local retailers but at the time I didn't think it was THAT bad.

If I remember correctly the standard price for N64 games was about 60 euros when I was young. I don't think I've ever paid more for a video game than that. A couple of months ago I bought Conkers Bad Fur Day for 42 euros which is the most I've spent on a video game in the past 7 years or so.

BBS Signature