00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiichigoInu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

787,557 Views | 8,817 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-18 15:30:32

At 7/18/11 02:48 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Finished up the art and flash requests. Now to work on the long list of audio.....

i finished at art requests(that was difficult) while my dad was sleeping,took a shower,now to finish audio before flash,since i can interpret audio much better than the other two.

Sig Links. Links in Sig. I dunno.

"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-18 15:40:31

At 7/18/11 03:31 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 7/18/11 03:30 PM, NimblekidX wrote:
At 7/18/11 02:48 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Finished up the art and flash requests. Now to work on the long list of audio.....
i finished at art requests(that was difficult) while my dad was sleeping,took a shower,now to finish audio before flash,since i can interpret audio much better than the other two.
I got a little over 20 left to go in audio.

i have nothing to do today,so i'll get all of these finished up lickety split.(The Rite reference)

"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-18 17:33:01

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-18 18:01:46

At 7/18/11 05:45 PM, SCTE3 wrote: 195 points for the week!
1 missed sig
all that's left is the extra audio to do

Jesus Christ i havent gotten through half of the audio(typical beginner behavior)
-needs to work harder- GRAHHH!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-18 18:23:48

Reviewed all flashes and some art.

Btw guys I have a question: I already reviewed "Robotic Heart" before (when he was submitted), let's say I would like to review all the submissions above, then it will not be considered?

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-18 18:34:53

Hi RRC!

Another poor song left unreviewed by the harsh but true audio portal welcome commity, so I guess the heroes of the RRC will save my damsel...

...Whatever, lol, here's the song:

It's a PIRATE SONG (dear god), so yeah, I warned you guys...

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-18 19:26:07

At 7/18/11 06:45 PM, SCTE3 wrote: You get points for it, you just don't get the extra point for the review not having "Review Request Club" at the bottom of it is all.

sweet. i was about to say the same for Girlsteps' "North Face".

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-18 20:43:46

hi all reviewers, im ESTAR48, im musician and i want you guys to review these 3 submissions, i will be glad if you do :D

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 32969

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 32967

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 32395

Only the champions and winners click the link :P

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-18 21:09:04

Hey folks.

I'm back, after a long haitus, with a review request.

It's a pretty mellow acoustic tune

Cheers.

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-18 21:28:38

At 7/18/11 01:51 PM, SCTE3 wrote: All for one and one for all am I right?

Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno!

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-19 01:29:07

thanks sct :D, now if there were only more people in the group...

HI HOW ARE YOU?

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-19 01:36:16

Could any of you guys review my new song called Exhausted Bass link below this line of text.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-19 02:46:32

It has taken me some time to work up the nerve to ask (for some unknown reason), but can I join the Review Request Club? I like to critique people's work

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-19 05:09:10

At 7/19/11 02:46 AM, Xenophaje wrote: It has taken me some time to work up the nerve to ask (for some unknown reason), but can I join the Review Request Club? I like to critique people's work

Lol why would you be nervous to ask? xP

Anyways, your reviews look great overall. Just remember that when you review for the club you've got to make the reviews a little detailed - not just one or two liners. And while it's not obligatory, splitting your reviews into paragraphs will be nice too.

So, you can get to work on the last requests list and when you think you've done enough reviews, just post your points in here (you can find the points system at the top of this page) and I'll add you to the club. The current requests list is pretty big since I was abroad, couldn't update, and long story short I didn't manage to update for one week, so those requests are from last week and the week before last.

Have fun reviewing!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-19 06:52:14

Oh god, I can't believe people are starting to finish up. I've got some time left, though, I'll still finish it up.

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-19 09:31:37

was wondering if i could get a review perhaps? thanks.

i9incher- chiptune happiness

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-19 10:47:41

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-19 13:30:20

At 7/19/11 07:29 AM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 7/19/11 06:52 AM, Soapbubble wrote: Oh god, I can't believe people are starting to finish up. I've got some time left, though, I'll still finish it up.
Just takes some time is all. Also happy 6 year anniversary to me for being a member this long on the site, wicked!! Do the extra audio today and then some more I guess.

Happy NG-birthday again mate (:

I figure I might request a flash for review from the portal once a week, just so our reviewers can get some variation.

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-19 14:20:45

Hi guys! Nice thing you've got going there. Would love it if you took time to go over these to (:

Cheers

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-19 18:58:01

Would I be able to switch one of my review requests for another or is that not allowed? Also, I'd like to join.

uwu

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-19 20:00:55

At 7/19/11 07:06 PM, SCTE3 wrote: You can switch out at any time during the week.

Ok. In that case I'd like to switch "My Bits" with

: As for joining check the reviews of me, SoapBubble, Coop, Haggard, or SuperSteph54 for example reviews.
So the formula I'm getting for reviews is two paragraphs, about 5-6 sentences each? One for things you liked and one for things that could be improve?

uwu

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-19 20:06:39

At 7/19/11 08:00 PM, SomeGuyInSomePlace wrote: So the formula I'm getting for reviews is two paragraphs, about 5-6 sentences each? One for things you liked and one for things that could be improve?

Yep, you hit the nail on the coffin. You don't have to strictly follow that (especially if you begin writing a lot of reviews - eventually you'll find that keeping to a strict pattern will limit your review structures) but it's a great way to write a helpful review that lets the artist know what he did well in and what he could work harder on.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-19 20:33:46

At 7/19/11 08:06 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Sum things :O

Ok, cool. I'll keep that in mind. So I'm in?

uwu

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-19 20:51:18

Just wondering boys,but why dont you review a bit harder on the submissions? i know some artists might be new,but nonetheless,i judge everyone's work very hardly,regardless of the content or character of the work. i have never given a 10.that doesn't sound soo grand now,but after a few weeks in the RRC,i'll have close to a couple hundred reviews.

so tell me,why you guys so easy on everyone?

the only reason i judge so hard on them is to give constructive criticism and give an encouraging push to strive,and work harder and better.

example:i see SCTE and Soap consistently giving 8/9s,while on some submissions,me giving 5s~7s.

i may be a new member,but im not trying to force you guys to judge harder. im just asking why you dont.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-19 20:52:48

NOTE - READ THESE RULES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST. THEY ARE AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST AND THEY HAVE NEW IMPORTANT RULES!

Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread. This thread is meant to give the club a fresh start and make it a pleasant place to stay. In order to do this, it goes without saying that you must follow the regular BBS rules and read the C&C Advice Thread before posting if you are new to this forum.

This club aims to increase the exposure of the most under-rated Newgrounds music, art and flash artists. The other major purpose of the club is to offer the Newgrounds artists high quality feedback so they can constantly improve their work.

To the requesters:
Every Newgrounds user is allowed to request a review as soon as he submitted something. To get your work reviewed, don't post here without thinking but follow these few rules:

- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Make no more than 3 Flash and Art requests between two updates (that's one week), and no more than 3 Audio Requests between 5 updates (that's four weeks).
- Please respond to reviews, reviewers like it and some of them are statwho... oh wait, interested in stats.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you requested, or if you requested more than 1 Audio submission, you may not see reviews on your second submission up until 3 weeks after you requested, and you may not see reviews on your third submission up until 4 weeks after you requested.
- Do NOT request without posting a link, be kind, reviewers are not robots.
- Do NOT simply say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.
- Do NOT request reviews for a submission with over 50 reviews.
- Do NOT request reviews for spam. Spam is only there to annoy, not to be critically analyzed.
- Unless you are a club member, only request reviews for YOUR OWN submissions.

To the reviewers:
If you want to join the club and complete requests, simply post in the thread saying you would like to join. Then, regular members will go through your reviews and determine if they are good enough to be part of the club. Your reviews are required to be helpful, developed and well-organised. If you need help with writing good reviews, read Fro's guide to writing helpful reviews.

Once you are accepted, you can start reviewing stuff. If you are a new member of the club, once you understand how the point system works, please post - one or two days before the update - the total points you've earned during the week. This is considered as a sort of application form, and if you fail to do so, you will NOT be added to the club.

Points System:
List updaters will keep track of each member's points in order to build a list. You don't need to post your points before each update but you can keep track of your score on your own so any error can be fixed. This is how points are counted:

5 points for a review on a requested submission (movie, game, art, or audio).
1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review.
3 points for posting at least once throughout the two weeks.
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post).
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates.

Club Updates:
Each Sunday or Monday, a list of all the members is created, counting up their points, featuring various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions in that list, you will get points for them accordingly in the following members' update, around a week later.

Don't forget the lists are built and updated by humans so it may be possible the update is delayed due to various real life reasons. If it ever occurs, don't get mad; calm down and wait :).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Should we have an FAQ?
I don't know. It kinda seems like overkill.

Why a new thread?
The main idea was to give the club a new and fresh start. Since the old one was flooded by requests and not updated any more, the RRC regulars thought creating a new thread would be best for the club.

Should I link to the club in my forum signature?
There's no obligation to do so, but it's certainly appreciated. Remember that you can put a high number in place of the page number in the URL and if that page doesn't exist yet, Newgrounds will take you to the latest page, whatever it is. For example, "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/107 2042/999" will take you to the latest page of this club.

RRC Signature?
Yes, at the end of each review, if you want you can write down 'Review Request Club'. There is no obligation to do so, but you'll get +1 point if you put the RRC signature in your review. You can add anything you want to it, E.G.: *Review Request Club*, |Review Request Club|, -Review Request Club-, etc, but as long as 'Review Request Club' is clearly written, you will get the point. You are also allowed to add the sig in any reviews other than requests in this club, as long as you are a club member yourself. It's all the more exposure for the club, and it's very much appreciated.

+1 point if I put the RRC signature in my review... I'm not sure if I get it correctly.
You gain 6 points for a review on a request with "Review Request Club" in the end of it, as opposed to 5 points if you hadn't added the signature at the end. If it's still not clear, read this.

Does the Review Request Club review for non-NG stuff?
No. It must be an NG submission. If you have a non-NG submission which you would like us to review, then use your common sense and upload it to NG. Also, we will only review using the 'Write a Review' method on submissions. We won't send reviews by PM, review in your newspost or review in any particular thread of yours.

Do I have to review all the requests?
No you don't have to, just do your best :). Though completing them all will give you 7 extra points.

Which requests should I review?
If you want to get points for the next member's update, look for the latest requests list in the club thread and review the requests from that list. If you review any requests from various posts in the thread which would have been posted after the latest requests list, you will be getting points for the member's update after the next one.

can u review allz mah flashz guise? kthxbai.
No.

If you have more questions, feel free to post about it in the thread or PM a member and if your question is frequently asked, it'll be added to the FAQ.

---

That's all about the club, though this new version of the club couldn't be opened without mentioning the old thread regulars who have made it a great place to spend time. Kudos to Freelance-Magician for creating the original club and to FattyWhale for maintaining it for so long. Thanks also to Sonofkirk for starting this new thread and doing many updates.

Have fun!

Useful links: RRC - The point system, clarified, Fro's Guide to Writing Helpful Reviews, Fro's Guide to Writing Good Reviews

Resources: Old Review Request Club thread, Club info, Google.

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-19 20:56:05

At 7/19/11 08:51 PM, NimblekidX wrote: Just wondering boys,but why dont you review a bit harder on the submissions? i know some artists might be new,but nonetheless,i judge everyone's work very hardly,regardless of the content or character of the work. i have never given a 10.that doesn't sound soo grand now,but after a few weeks in the RRC,i'll have close to a couple hundred reviews.

so tell me,why you guys so easy on everyone?

the only reason i judge so hard on them is to give constructive criticism and give an encouraging push to strive,and work harder and better.

example:i see SCTE and Soap consistently giving 8/9s,while on some submissions,me giving 5s~7s.

i may be a new member,but im not trying to force you guys to judge harder. im just asking why you dont.

My reviews aren't objective, they're subjective, I don't try to be nice and I don't try to be mean. I just review according to what I hear/see.

IMO, the score doesn't matter too much, it's the review itself that matters. I'd honestly just not give a score if I could, because I find it so hard to give a proper score. It doesn't matter how long they've been around to me.

Also not my fault people request tracks I like so much (:

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-19 21:12:21

At 7/19/11 08:33 PM, SomeGuyInSomePlace wrote: Ok, cool. I'll keep that in mind. So I'm in?

Sure thing! You can get started on the list but don't forget to make all your RRC reviews as helpful as you can without making them too long.

At 7/19/11 08:51 PM, NimblekidX wrote: Just wondering boys,but why dont you review a bit harder on the submissions?

It's probably just because of the way people decide on their review score. For instance, if, right now, I review a track which has a few flaws but sounds particularly well-made, I'd give it a 7, whereas if I reviewed the track before, when I was less harsh, I'd probably give it a 9 or 10, since I had different scoring standards at the time, even though the review itself would probably be very similar in terms of content.

Everyone has their different style of reviewing. Give the submission the score you feel it deserves, even if you think it deserves a lower score than what the other reviewers may have decided on. And you shouldn't worry too much about the score anyway - it's the review itself that counts.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-19 21:22:06

At 7/19/11 09:12 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Everyone has their different style of reviewing. Give the submission the score you feel it deserves, even if you think it deserves a lower score than what the other reviewers may have decided on. And you shouldn't worry too much about the score anyway - it's the review itself that counts.

Wise words from a wise person.

i myself dont worry about the normal voting score,i worry about the review score,simply because i feel it's more powerful in a sense that the user who listened in decided to stick around and tell you their opinion.reviews are very appreciated by all,im sure,which is one of the reasons i wanted to be a member. i want to help people!

thanks for replying to my question guys,im going back to work on finishing the audio/extra audio.

Question-why is it called "extra audio?" is it just more audio?

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-19 21:46:05

At 7/19/11 08:51 PM, NimblekidX wrote: so tell me,why you guys so easy on everyone?

In all of my reviews, I have never given anyone lower than a 6-7. This, I think, is primarily because only the people who really put the quality time and effort into their creations bother to request reviews for them. These are people who really value the feedback of others, and a mutual respect is formed between creator and reviewer. Most often, I don't waste my time giving harsh reviews to something I don't like, thereby identifying myself to some as a jerk. Anyone who puts up a piece-of-crap submission either doesn't care or is trolling. Take me, for example. For each of my submissions, there is a certain point or element of which I am proud, and want to share with everyone. I take reviews to heart, and try to incorporate those new ideas into my next piece. I've only heard pretty good stuff on this thread so far, and so there is no need for low scores.

TL DNR, I know. Sorry to get all philosophical on you, but there you have it.

Response to Review Request Club 2011-07-20 03:42:21

Hey peoples, the three people tha hae reviewed already have said that my song is awesome but I'm not entirely convinced yet because I'm surprised they liked it enough to give 9-10.

- If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot.

- Being organised is for people who are too lazy to look for their stuff.