Popularity

ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 7th, 2011 @ 10:14 PM Reply

Am I going to get kicked out if I'm painfully honest about my ratings? I give everything a 5 but I feel if I think something is a 1, 2, 3, or 4 then I think I gotta rate is that or I'm lying to the artist and then my review isn't as strong to them..

If a lot of people see anything above a 6, they assume they did great.

BBS Signature
ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 7th, 2011 @ 10:16 PM Reply

and I meant I vote everything 5, not rate it all 5...

but the 1, 2, 3, 4 was for the rating system of 1-10.

BBS Signature
Knuckstrike
Knuckstrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 8th, 2011 @ 02:02 AM Reply

At 12/7/11 10:14 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote: Am I going to get kicked out if I'm painfully honest about my ratings? I give everything a 5 but I feel if I think something is a 1, 2, 3, or 4 then I think I gotta rate is that or I'm lying to the artist and then my review isn't as strong to them..

If a lot of people see anything above a 6, they assume they did great.

No, certainly not. I have given a few ratings below five (even a 1 once), and it doesn't matter. At all.
But most of the time, if a person wants its flash/audio/art reviewed, he/she put some time in it.

Voting 5 on every flash is a bad habit though.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.
Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature
ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 8th, 2011 @ 08:45 AM Reply

At 12/8/11 02:02 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: No, certainly not. I have given a few ratings below five (even a 1 once), and it doesn't matter. At all.
But most of the time, if a person wants its flash/audio/art reviewed, he/she put some time in it.

Voting 5 on every flash is a bad habit though.

Ahh, I vote 5 on every audio, not flash, but to be honest if I don't wanna give a flash a 5 I usually just don't vote. I'd rather not lower someone's scores.

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 8th, 2011 @ 10:07 AM Reply

At 12/7/11 10:16 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote: and I meant I vote everything 5, not rate it all 5...

but the 1, 2, 3, 4 was for the rating system of 1-10.

As far as voting or reviewing should go, you should always vote or score fairly. There should be no exceptions. If you choose to vote on the submissions, think was it really good, really bad or somewhere in between. Vote according to what you feel it deserves, don't just vote 0 or 5, depending on which way you wish to swing it.

Similarly, with reviews, don't give it a 10, because it's above average - save that for the cream of the crop and give it what you feel it deserves. Don't assume that the author is a conceited prick and would only find that you have issue with their work if you gave them 4 points lower than the average of 9. Give them the benefit of the doubt that they will read each and every review that is left for each piece. Again, score what it deserves.

Olympic standard B/Per *** Review Request Club
News
Post Stats Here!

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 8th, 2011 @ 11:38 AM Reply

At 12/8/11 10:07 AM, Coop wrote:
Similarly, with reviews, don't give it a 10, because it's above average - save that for the cream of the crop and give it what you feel it deserves.

This pretty much. I rarely ever give users a 10 on their content. I do tend to give review averages of 5-9 though.

Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 8th, 2011 @ 11:51 AM Reply

You old vets are going to kick me, but I'm slowly going to upload all my movies again. LOL SORRY, please review them again and I'll be sure to respond. Here's two for this week.

BBS Signature
Venks
Venks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 8th, 2011 @ 12:04 PM Reply

Like I made this game a couple years ago and I'm suddenly getting all this traffic from Newgrounds, but no one really seems to be commenting on it.
What do you people think of this game?

BBS Signature
samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 8th, 2011 @ 11:53 PM Reply

I'd like to see if you guys could review this piece...

• Opening Theme 2
    Opening Theme 2 by samulis

Click to listen.

Score
    3.66 / 5.00
    Type
    Loop
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

Also, I have an art piece. If you could do that too, it would be awesome. :)

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/samul is/roman-forum-full

My Music - Game Dev./Music Tutorials - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 9th, 2011 @ 12:15 AM Reply

NOTE - READ THESE RULES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST. THEY ARE AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST AND THEY HAVE NEW IMPORTANT RULES!

Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread. This thread is meant to give the club a fresh start and make it a pleasant place to stay. In order to do this, it goes without saying that you must follow the regular BBS rules and read the C&C Advice Thread before posting if you are new to this forum.

This club aims to increase the exposure of the most under-rated Newgrounds music, art and flash artists. The other major purpose of the club is to offer the Newgrounds artists high quality feedback so they can constantly improve their work.

To the requesters:
Every Newgrounds user is allowed to request a review as soon as he submitted something. To get your work reviewed, don't post here without thinking but follow these few rules:

- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Make no more than 3 Flash and Art requests between two updates (that's one week), and no more than 3 Audio Requests between 5 updates (that's four weeks).
- Please respond to reviews, reviewers like it and some of them are statwho... oh wait, interested in stats.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you requested, or if you requested more than 1 Audio submission, you may not see reviews on your second submission up until 3 weeks after you requested, and you may not see reviews on your third submission up until 4 weeks after you requested.
- Do NOT request without posting a link, be kind, reviewers are not robots.
- Do NOT simply say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.
- Do NOT request reviews for a submission with over 50 reviews.
- Do NOT request reviews for spam. Spam is only there to annoy, not to be critically analyzed.
- Unless you are a club member, only request reviews for YOUR OWN submissions.

To the reviewers:
If you want to join the club and complete requests, simply post in the thread saying you would like to join. Then, regular members will go through your reviews and determine if they are good enough to be part of the club. Your reviews are required to be helpful, developed and well-organised. If you need help with writing good reviews, read Fro's guide to writing helpful reviews.

Once you are accepted, you can start reviewing stuff. If you are a new member of the club, once you understand how the point system works, please post - one or two days before the update - the total points you've earned during the week. This is considered as a sort of application form, and if you fail to do so, you will NOT be added to the club.

Points System:
List updaters will keep track of each member's points in order to build a list. You don't need to post your points before each update but you can keep track of your score on your own so any error can be fixed. This is how points are counted:

5 points for a review on a requested submission (movie, game, art, or audio).
1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review.
3 points for posting at least once throughout the two weeks.
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post).
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates.

Club Updates:
Each Sunday or Monday, a list of all the members is created, counting up their points, featuring various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions in that list, you will get points for them accordingly in the following members' update, around a week later.

Don't forget the lists are built and updated by humans so it may be possible the update is delayed due to various real life reasons. If it ever occurs, don't get mad; calm down and wait :).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Should we have an FAQ?
I don't know. It kinda seems like overkill.

Why a new thread?
The main idea was to give the club a new and fresh start. Since the old one was flooded by requests and not updated any more, the RRC regulars thought creating a new thread would be best for the club.

Should I link to the club in my forum signature?
There's no obligation to do so, but it's certainly appreciated. Remember that you can put a high number in place of the page number in the URL and if that page doesn't exist yet, Newgrounds will take you to the latest page, whatever it is. For example, "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/107 2042/999" will take you to the latest page of this club.

RRC Signature?
Yes, at the end of each review, if you want you can write down 'Review Request Club'. There is no obligation to do so, but you'll get +1 point if you put the RRC signature in your review. You can add anything you want to it, E.G.: *Review Request Club*, |Review Request Club|, -Review Request Club-, etc, but as long as 'Review Request Club' is clearly written, you will get the point. You are also allowed to add the sig in any reviews other than requests in this club, as long as you are a club member yourself. It's all the more exposure for the club, and it's very much appreciated.

+1 point if I put the RRC signature in my review... I'm not sure if I get it correctly.
You gain 6 points for a review on a request with "Review Request Club" in the end of it, as opposed to 5 points if you hadn't added the signature at the end. If it's still not clear, read this.

Does the Review Request Club review for non-NG stuff?
No. It must be an NG submission. If you have a non-NG submission which you would like us to review, then use your common sense and upload it to NG. Also, we will only review using the 'Write a Review' method on submissions. We won't send reviews by PM, review in your newspost or review in any particular thread of yours.

Do I have to review all the requests?
No you don't have to, just do your best :). Though completing them all will give you 7 extra points.

Which requests should I review?
If you want to get points for the next member's update, look for the latest requests list in the club thread and review the requests from that list. If you review any requests from various posts in the thread which would have been posted after the latest requests list, you will be getting points for the member's update after the next one.

can u review allz mah flashz guise? kthxbai.
No.

If you have more questions, feel free to post about it in the thread or PM a member and if your question is frequently asked, it'll be added to the FAQ.

---

That's all about the club, though this new version of the club couldn't be opened without mentioning the old thread regulars who have made it a great place to spend time. Kudos to Freelance-Magician for creating the original club and to FattyWhale for maintaining it for so long. Thanks also to Sonofkirk for starting this new thread and doing many updates.

Have fun!

Useful links: RRC - The point system, clarified, Fro's Guide to Writing Helpful Reviews, Fro's Guide to Writing Good Reviews

Resources: Old Review Request Club thread, Club info, Google.

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Writer
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 9th, 2011 @ 07:39 AM Reply

At 12/6/11 09:13 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Member's Update #110
[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
01 ) 8518 | 1327 / 2664 | 049.81% || 105 | 17 / 22 | 077.27% | Coop
02 ) 8331 | 1292 / 2668 | 048.43% || 033 | 05 / 22 | 022.73% | Haggard

I was hoping to do better than this, but I had stuff to do. This week doesn't look too good either. I was away for three days. Let's see how many requests I can review during the week end...

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 9th, 2011 @ 08:57 AM Reply

I wonder if my beat would've stayed on the frontpage Hip-Hop portal if I hadn't given someone a 5...

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 9th, 2011 @ 12:05 PM Reply

At 12/9/11 08:57 AM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote: I wonder if my beat would've stayed on the frontpage Hip-Hop portal if I hadn't given someone a 5...

Probably would but there will always be zero bombers who hit zero on your work for no reason at all.

ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 9th, 2011 @ 12:17 PM Reply

At 12/9/11 12:05 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Probably would but there will always be zero bombers who hit zero on your work for no reason at all.

Yea I understand that, but I gave this dude a big list of reasons why I voted 5 and some ways to fix them but he was just "blabla your wrong my beat is fine blabla your only right about the drum blabla harsh review blabla blabla blabla blabla blabla blabla im best producer ever" lmao xD so I figured that might've been the reason. :/ But oh well, I kind of understand his point, a 5 might've been a bit harsh but I wasn't just making up reasons to give it a 5 (that's what he said I did) lol. This review stuff is tougher than I thought :P

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 9th, 2011 @ 12:24 PM Reply

At 12/9/11 12:17 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote: Yea I understand that, but I gave this dude a big list of reasons why I voted 5 and some ways to fix them but he was just "blabla your wrong my beat is fine blabla your only right about the drum blabla harsh review blabla blabla blabla blabla blabla blabla im best producer ever" lmao xD so I figured that might've been the reason. :/ But oh well, I kind of understand his point, a 5 might've been a bit harsh but I wasn't just making up reasons to give it a 5 (that's what he said I did) lol. This review stuff is tougher than I thought :P

After seeing your review, it all seems legit and also I doubt SkyeWintrest would even consider zero bombing. He doesn't like it much either if I remember correctly. That and he is a member here. Or at least he still needs to do a review this week to stay in. I need to re add Gimmick next week too since I took him off by mistake when I thought he asked for leave but didn't.

ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 9th, 2011 @ 12:43 PM Reply

At 12/9/11 12:24 PM, SCTE3 wrote: After seeing your review, it all seems legit and also I doubt SkyeWintrest would even consider zero bombing. He doesn't like it much either if I remember correctly. That and he is a member here. Or at least he still needs to do a review this week to stay in. I need to re add Gimmick next week too since I took him off by mistake when I thought he asked for leave but didn't.

He is!? I didn't even know, I only know of a few members, the ones that usually post in here.

BBS Signature
Game-Composer
Game-Composer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 9th, 2011 @ 02:28 PM Reply

Just wondering if anyone could review this.

• Sonic Remix: Tropical Resort
    Sonic Remix: Tropical Resort by Game-Composer

Click to listen.

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

SantoNinoDeCebu
SantoNinoDeCebu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Programmer
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 9th, 2011 @ 08:50 PM Reply

Hey,
I wouldn't mind some feedback for my latest game if you guys wouldn't mind! ;)

Cheers!
J

SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 10th, 2011 @ 02:57 AM Reply

• S:c Angry Wasp
    S:c Angry Wasp by SymbolCymbal

Click to listen.

Score
    3.85 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dubstep
    Popularity

hey guys Thank you so much for continually reviewing the SERIOUS amount of audio that has come into your midst.
i would really appreciate some feedback on this track.. i always treasure your opinions

SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 10th, 2011 @ 06:45 PM Reply

Yes, I am a member here.

Also, if you really want to complain about the review response, could you PM me instead of doing it here? I would be perfectly happy to reply to complaints you might have, I've had it happen to me before where someone gave a response to my review that I did not enjoy.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 10th, 2011 @ 06:47 PM Reply

Also, I don't zerobomb people for that. I did check out your song though and debated on reviewing it while responding to your review. I decided not to, because I admit, I wasn't in the best mood at the time I wrote the response. Better to give an unbiased opinion.

Stuff.

BBS Signature
dj-Jo
dj-Jo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 11th, 2011 @ 12:42 AM Reply

Have fun with these :3

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?
Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

BuggMusic
BuggMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 11th, 2011 @ 12:50 AM Reply

Could you please review this? Thanks :)

• Serenade (Bugg)
    Serenade (Bugg) by BuggMusic

Click to listen.

Score
    4.32 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity

ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 11th, 2011 @ 05:18 PM Reply

At 12/10/11 06:45 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: Also, if you really want to complain about the review response, could you PM me instead of doing it here?

Yea, sorry, I didn't realize you were a member or I would have lol.

BBS Signature
SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 11th, 2011 @ 06:17 PM Reply

Well, I'd just rather not hijack the thread. Even if I weren't a member, I obviously come here often enough either way, so...

Oh, btw, SCTE3, I managed several reviews this week, might squeak out another tonight.

Stuff.

BBS Signature
EoD696
EoD696
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 11th, 2011 @ 06:26 PM Reply

Request: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 60412 :D

durn
durn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 11th, 2011 @ 06:46 PM Reply

Hey gang,

I uploaded a new song the other day and would love to get your opinions. Please go have a listen! :)

• Seasons {durn}
    Seasons {durn} by durn

Click to listen.

Score
    4.34 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Trance
    Popularity

Thanks,
durn

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 12th, 2011 @ 01:51 PM Reply

I hope that we can draw a big black line under the incident between members here and move on. I'm not in the mood to let this thread go to shit, so down to business. I might get another review or two done tonight, with this the most productive day of the week for me.

I'm over 50% again, so rolling on :)

Olympic standard B/Per *** Review Request Club
News
Post Stats Here!

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Dec. 12th, 2011 @ 01:53 PM Reply

At 12/12/11 01:51 PM, Coop wrote: I hope that we can draw a big black line under the incident between members here and move on. I'm not in the mood to let this thread go to shit, so down to business. I might get another review or two done tonight, with this the most productive day of the week for me.

Yay, let's not be arguing here anyways. We're all here to give reviews to those who need them. :-)

I'm over 50% again, so rolling on :)

I plan to do reviews today then update very late tonight or early in the morning tomorrow.