00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ruthless3r just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

785,935 Views | 8,817 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-11 14:18:10

Yeah, now that's what I call a comeback! A great change from last week. We have five... yes, five, new members, including Sequenced who's an experienced audio reviewer, SeeD419 who did all of the reviews, Domo who rejoined because he missed us all so much, MakingFunGames who did a good amount of reviews and Makeshift who plans on reviewing more now that his internet connection is working fine. Some of these didn't post their points, but heck, we need more members, so I thought that by adding them everyone wins. Right?

Now then, more good news, because we all love good news. The stats are looking good; we have quite a high Average per Member stat, and also, I can safely say that all the audio requests got at least 2 reviews, with a lot of them having 3 reviews and some going up to even 4 reviews. Last but not least, Domo did a lot of reviews, even though he didn't meet his 100% streak expectation. So yep, great update!

The only bad news I can think of is that we left out 32 sigs, mostly from SeeD419 who isn't writing sigs in his reviews so we can stop those nasty audio peoples from finding this club :P. Lol jk. I am after all a nasty audio person too. D:

Some worse bad news would be that we lost a member, Soapbubble. Too bad he only stayed for a little while, but heck, maybe he'll come back in a few months, again :D.

Other than that, we're doing really well. Keep up the good work, everyone, and enjoy the update!

Gotta love writing these essays before updating :3.

--

Member's Update #56
[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
01 ) 6854 | 1071 / 1517 | 70.60% || 015 | 02 / 27 | 007.41% | Coop83
02 ) 6796 | 1062 / 1518 | 69.96% || 021 | 03 / 27 | 011.11% | Haggard
03 ) 3579 | 0553 / 1489 | 37.14% || 003 | 00 / 27 | 000.00% | Fro *
04 ) 2792 | 0431 / 1397 | 30.85% || 003 | 00 / 27 | 000.00% | Supersteph54
05 ) 1937 | 0312 / 0571 | 54.64% || 009 | 01 / 27 | 003.70% | sixflab
06 ) 0874 | 0129 / 1108 | 11.64% || 003 | 00 / 26 | 000.00% | Celx-Requin *
07 ) 0145 | 0027 / 0027 | 100.00% || 145 | 27 / 27 | 100.00% | SeeD419
08 ) 0144 | 0023 / 0205 | 11.22% || 006 | 01 / 27 | 003.70% | ThePigeonMaster
09 ) 0129 | 0021 / 0027 | 77.78% || 129 | 21 / 27 | 077.78% | Sequenced
10 ) 0120 | 0019 / 0086 | 22.09% || 009 | 01 / 27 | 003.70% | Spysociety
11 ) 0113 | 0019 / 0028 | 67.86% || 113 | 19 / 27 | 070.37% | Domo
12 ) 0086 | 0014 / 0027 | 51.85% || 086 | 14 / 27 | 051.85% | MakingFunGames
13 ) 0015 | 0002 / 0027 | 07.41% || 015 | 02 / 27 | 007.41% | Makeshift

The stars indicate for how long the user has been inactive in this club. "Inactive" means, that user hasn't gained any points by reviewing OR by posting.
*: User has been inactive for the last two weeks
**: User has been inactive for the last four weeks
***: User has been inactive for the last six weeks
****: User has been inactive for the last eight weeks

If you are inactive for more than six weeks AND if your completion rate falls below 20%, OR if you are inactive for more than eight weeks you are excluded from the list. You may rejoin this club, but your points will be lost.

Statistics:
*Requests This Week: 27
Total Requests All Time: 1539
Reviews Made This Week: 91
Total Reviews All Time: 5331
Average Per Member: 7.00
Average Per Request: 3.37
Sigs Forgotten: 32

*New to the List: MakingFunGames, Domo, Sequenced, SeeD419 and Makeshift
Leaving the List: Soapbubble

*All Requests Completed:
SeeD419

--

GUIDELINES/THREAD INFO

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-11 14:19:33

Crap, indent fail. I'll go fix that in the spreadsheets...

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-11 14:52:36

At 10/11/10 02:18 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: The only bad news I can think of is that we left out 32 sigs, mostly from SeeD419 who isn't writing sigs in his reviews so we can stop those nasty audio peoples from finding this club :P. Lol jk. I am after all a nasty audio person too. D:

lol!! XD

I'll put then in next time around.

Member's Update #56
07 ) 0145 | 0027 / 0027 | 100.00% || 145 | 27 / 27 | 100.00% | SeeD419
*All Requests Completed:
SeeD419

Well, I'd say off to a good start at least ;)

At 10/11/10 02:19 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Crap, indent fail. I'll go fix that in the spreadsheets...

Looks like it was the epic 100.00% XD

I suppose the real question is...how long can I make that last? o_O Who knows.

Thanks for the update Steph!

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-11 16:05:53

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-11 21:08:56

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-12 03:59:05

It's been a while guys, and since my last post, i have made quite a bit of music, and i wish i could post them all to be reviewed, but i wont, since i'm nice like that :P

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-12 04:03:04

Where is the request list?

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-12 08:17:40

At 10/12/10 04:03 AM, Domo wrote: Where is the request list?

Back on this page my dear child.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1072 042/127

Anyway, I agree with the statement about the not adding sigs to audio submissions. Maybe this will prevent the new savages from requesting 10,000 submissions a day and give us some time to actually review things. :P

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-12 12:39:35

At 10/11/10 02:18 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Yeah, now that's what I call a comeback! A great change from last week. We have five... yes, five, new members

Indeed great news.

Member's Update #56

Thanks for the update!

[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
01 ) 6854 | 1071 / 1517 | 70.60% || 015 | 02 / 27 | 007.41% | Coop83
02 ) 6796 | 1062 / 1518 | 69.96% || 021 | 03 / 27 | 011.11% | Haggard

Right, I said I would try to get some more reviews done, haven't I? Well, I failed, because I didn't get any more reviews done...
I need to do some audio reviews to make up for the loss I had over the last few weeks. :/

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-12 15:59:39

Got two audio submissions here for you guys...
One was already uploaded but then taken down... Feel free to review it again though:

This one was up too, but completely redone and much better.

I look forward to the reviews if any, and I appreciate it.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-13 18:50:49

One audio submission, a dance track with some thoughtful production and built with emotion and story... check it out!

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-13 20:31:51

I have two Fahrenheit 451 comics I submitted about 8 months ago... Never got a review or anything, and was wondering how I did. So, if you wouldn't checking them out:
1 of 2
2 of 2

All were done for an English project last school year... took a long time (up to 8 hours) and went through multiple CS4 crashes.

So I liek chocolate milks.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-14 05:10:36

Such an interesting game. Pity that nobody understood it. Review it please.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-14 08:12:51

Droid Grids: Beta 0.16: Significant Update
Previous installments to this project, were aimed at A.I. and technical enhancements.
Beta 0.16 is more geared towards gameplay elements and I hope you find it fun! :)

Please Review and rate the game at: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 7591

New Features
* Radar
* Navigation HUD arrows to help you find downed turrets and the other player (co-op mode).
* Enemies spawn more rapidly as you progress.
* Turrets only respawn if you go to their specified ports and spend cash on them.
* Numerous, helpful in game messages.
Bug Fixes
* Camo mines are no longer triggered by turrets, nor do they explode the second that player 2 deploys them!
* Sound only plays when you are in range, of the source.
* Previously at the end of the game; the player got points for all the enemy units still alive onscreen as well! This has been corrected!

Check out the demo for Droid Grids

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/vi ew/561794

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-14 21:43:47

I would like a review for my tracks if at all possible.
"Down Low"
"Robodance"
"Bulletproof Remix"
Thanks so much!

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-14 21:59:37

If I could get this song reviewed that would be awesome. http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 64667 . Thanks for giving up your time to do this for people.http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/l isten/364667

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-15 03:16:01

Would anyone mind reviewing this song:

I'm looking for some pointers on how you guys would find it better. Hope to have this COMPLETE by Halloween.!!!
thanks guys. I appreciate the help.

Sig=DJ REN

PSN ID: soul_reaper5

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-15 09:12:17

It's my first time making a simple two chord guitar song so I'd like some feedback.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-16 06:19:58

I'm going to attempt to be an active member of this club, as I recently had all of my reviews deleted and I really need to build up the review count.

I reviewed Kwing's flash, any suggestions too help me improve on my reviews?

"Pros:
It's a fun and unique approach on the normal and overdone maze games. It doesn't look like it would be very challenging at first, in fact, it looked like the easiest maze game ever, but I was deceived. ;) My favourite part is the even more challenging cursorless option.

Cons:
It's a little lacking in the graphic department though, and it's quite bland and boring. It lacks any colours once so ever. I really didn't like how when you clicked, you lost all of your points. I understood the shakey cursor, losing all of your points when you right clicked, but that seems like a little much. I assume their is some reasoning behind it though, perhaps too make it even harder? Another thing is, although it may just be the fact that the cursor is suppose to deceive you, as mentioned in the description, it seems like my cursor jumped towards wall sometimes while playing.

Fun: +5
Uniqueness: +5
Graphics: -2
Annoyances: -2"

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-16 06:21:01

At 10/16/10 06:19 AM, Jolly wrote: I'm going to attempt to be an active member of this club, as I recently had all of my reviews deleted and I really need to build up the review count.

Oh, and also could I get some advice on reviewing audio? I really suck at it.

Maybe it's just not for everybody.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-16 06:26:32

At 10/16/10 06:19 AM, Jolly wrote: I'm going to attempt to be an active member of this club, as I recently had all of my reviews deleted and I really need to build up the review count.

Make :Improvements: and give it a good 2 or 3 sentences and that looks pretty good.

Not telling you to change anything but t the bottom where you rate it based on certain things I did way differently.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-16 06:29:50

At 10/16/10 06:26 AM, Domo wrote: Make :Improvements: and give it a good 2 or 3 sentences and that looks pretty good.

Oh, I forgot to do that.. :(

I also forgot to put [Review Request Club]. ;_;

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-16 06:31:43

At 10/16/10 06:29 AM, Jolly wrote: I also forgot to put [Review Request Club]. ;_;

Its not mandatory its just if you want to get an extra point on the roster so adding it now would be pretty useless untill your on the list.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-16 08:39:26

NOTE - READ THESE RULES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST. THEY ARE AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST AND THEY HAVE NEW IMPORTANT RULES!

Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread. This thread is meant to give the club a fresh start and make it a pleasant place to stay. In order to do this, it goes without saying that you must follow the regular BBS rules and read the C&C Advice Thread before posting if you are new to this forum.

This club aims to increase the exposure of the most under-rated Newgrounds music, art and flash artists. The other major purpose of the club is to offer the Newgrounds artists high quality feedback so they can constantly improve their work.

To the requesters:
Every Newgrounds user is allowed to request a review as soon as he submitted something. To get your work reviewed, don't post here without thinking but follow these few rules:

- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Make no more than 3 Flash and Art requests between two updates (that's one week), and no more than 3 Audio Requests between 5 updates (that's four weeks).
- Please respond to reviews, reviewers like it and some of them are statwho... oh wait, interested in stats.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you requested, or if you requested more than 1 Audio submission, you may not see reviews on your second submission up until 3 weeks after you requested, and you may not see reviews on your third submission up until 4 weeks after you requested.
- Do NOT request without posting a link, be kind, reviewers are not robots.
- Do NOT simply say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.
- Do NOT request reviews for a submission with over 50 reviews.
- Do NOT request reviews for spam. Spam is only there to annoy, not to be critically analyzed.
- Unless you are a club member, only request reviews for YOUR OWN submissions.

To the reviewers:
If you want to join the club and complete requests, simply post in the thread saying you would like to join. Then, regular members will go through your reviews and determine if they are good enough to be part of the club. Your reviews are required to be helpful, developed and well-organised. If you need help with writing good reviews, read Fro's guide to writing helpful reviews.

Once you are accepted, you can start reviewing stuff. If you are a new member of the club, once you understand how the point system works, please post - one or two days before the update - the total points you've earned during the week. This is considered as a sort of application form, and if you fail to do so, you will NOT be added to the club.

Points System:
List updaters will keep track of each member's points in order to build a list. You don't need to post your points before each update but you can keep track of your score on your own so any error can be fixed. This is how points are counted:

5 points for a review on a requested submission (movie, game, art, or audio).
1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review.
3 points for posting at least once throughout the two weeks.
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post).
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates.

Club Updates:
Each Sunday or Monday, a list of all the members is created, counting up their points, featuring various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions in that list, you will get points for them accordingly in the following members' update, around a week later.

Don't forget the lists are built and updated by humans so it may be possible the update is delayed due to various real life reasons. If it ever occurs, don't get mad; calm down and wait :).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Should we have an FAQ?
I don't know. It kinda seems like overkill.

Why a new thread?
The main idea was to give the club a new and fresh start. Since the old one was flooded by requests and not updated any more, the RRC regulars thought creating a new thread would be best for the club.

Should I link to the club in my forum signature?
There's no obligation to do so, but it's certainly appreciated. Remember that you can put a high number in place of the page number in the URL and if that page doesn't exist yet, Newgrounds will take you to the latest page, whatever it is. For example, "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/107 2042/999" will take you to the latest page of this club.

RRC Signature?
Yes, at the end of each review, if you want you can write down 'Review Request Club'. There is no obligation to do so, but you'll get +1 point if you put the RRC signature in your review. You can add anything you want to it, E.G.: *Review Request Club*, |Review Request Club|, -Review Request Club-, etc, but as long as 'Review Request Club' is clearly written, you will get the point. You are also allowed to add the sig in any reviews other than requests in this club, as long as you are a club member yourself. It's all the more exposure for the club, and it's very much appreciated.

+1 point if I put the RRC signature in my review... I'm not sure if I get it correctly.
You gain 6 points for a review on a request with "Review Request Club" in the end of it, as opposed to 5 points if you hadn't added the signature at the end. If it's still not clear, read this.

Does the Review Request Club review for non-NG stuff?
No. It must be an NG submission. If you have a non-NG submission which you would like us to review, then use your common sense and upload it to NG. Also, we will only review using the 'Write a Review' method on submissions. We won't send reviews by PM, review in your newspost or review in any particular thread of yours.

Do I have to review all the requests?
No you don't have to, just do your best :). Though completing them all will give you 7 extra points.

Which requests should I review?
If you want to get points for the next member's update, look for the latest requests list in the club thread and review the requests from that list. If you review any requests from various posts in the thread which would have been posted after the latest requests list, you will be getting points for the member's update after the next one.

can u review allz mah flashz guise? kthxbai.
No.

If you have more questions, feel free to post about it in the thread or PM a member and if your question is frequently asked, it'll be added to the FAQ.

---

That's all about the club, though this new version of the club couldn't be opened without mentioning the old thread regulars who have made it a great place to spend time. Kudos to Freelance-Magician for creating the original club and to milinko959 for maintaining it for so long. Thanks also to Sonofkirk for starting this new thread and doing many updates.

Have fun!

Useful links: RRC - The point system, clarified, Fro's Guide to Writing Helpful Reviews, Fro's Guide to Writing Good Reviews

Resources: Old Review Request Club thread, Club info, Google.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-16 08:43:18

Sorry for the double post.

Yeah, Jolly, the review looks good!

As for reviewing audio, if you're not a regular audio reviewer or an active audio submitter, then I doubt it's going to be easy to write helpful reviews on audio at first, since opinions on audio submissions can change depending on the person. Just review the song, mention what you liked and what you didn't, and suggest how to improve. So like if you think the melody of a song is catchy, then mention it, but if you also think that the ending to the song sounds really weird, then mention it and try and think of a way which will help the artist improve the ending.

Good luck reviewing :).

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-16 13:34:22

At 10/16/10 06:21 AM, Jolly wrote: Oh, and also could I get some advice on reviewing audio? I really suck at it.

Maybe it's just not for everybody.

lol if you ask me man, I think it's hard to critique somebodies reviewing style. I mean, you can look at all the top reviewers, and they all do it completely differently. Just do whatever feels right, use categories if it helps you feel more organized.

I'm bad at audio to, so just like what steph said, I just kinda state the obvious, mention whether I liked it or not, how much effort I think went into it, beginning, middle, end can be critiqued, different melodies you hear and notes. In one song I mentioned I didn't like the high pitched notes, you know, stuff like that. You can critique the bass lines and drum lines as well.

All in all though, I think we all feel opinionated more about one piece than another. So if you really don't have anything else to say on a certain piece, that's just the case, lol. Happens to me all the time. I don't think a review has to necessarily be long to be helpful in all cases, but I can write at least a paragraph about any content.

Hope this helps =)

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-16 15:29:03

Mind dropping a review? :)

It's an electro-ish track with a Rhodes on top.
I got stuck when i didn't know what to add/change to the song. So i uploaded it because of that.
Hopefully with your guys input i can edit it and reupload it with some ideas. So please help meh! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-16 18:04:21

Looking for constructive criticism:

Please note that there's a message for reviewers in the "author comments" section.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-17 00:55:34

Thanks to QuikFox for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-17 13:56:22

Hey, you're going to have to forgive me for my complete lack of contribution. School has been rough lately, it was much easier to contribute to this thread during summer, when I had nothing to do.

I know I'm off the list yet again, but maybe this is a sign that I lack the commitment that is required for this business. I don't want to just keep disappearing and re-appearing, that would be disrespectful to all of you. Maybe I'll just do some freelance reviewing.

"The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool." -Stephen King