NOTE - READ THESE RULES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST. THEY ARE AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST AND THEY HAVE NEW IMPORTANT RULES!
Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread. This thread is meant to give the club a fresh start and make it a pleasant place to stay. In order to do this, it goes without saying that you must follow the regular BBS rules and read the C&C Advice Thread before posting if you are new to this forum.
This club aims to increase the exposure of the most under-rated Newgrounds music, art and flash artists. The other major purpose of the club is to offer the Newgrounds artists high quality feedback so they can constantly improve their work.
Every Newgrounds user is allowed to request a review as soon as he submitted something. To get your work reviewed, don't post here without thinking but follow these few rules:
- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Make no more than 3 Flash and Art requests between two updates (that's one week), and no more than 3 Audio Requests between 5 updates (that's four weeks).
- Please respond to reviews, reviewers like it and some of them are statwho... oh wait, interested in stats.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you requested, or if you requested more than 1 Audio submission, you may not see reviews on your second submission up until 3 weeks after you requested, and you may not see reviews on your third submission up until 4 weeks after you requested.
- Do NOT request without posting a link, be kind, reviewers are not robots.
- Do NOT simply say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.
- Do NOT request reviews for a submission with over 50 reviews.
- Do NOT request reviews for spam. Spam is only there to annoy, not to be critically analyzed.
- Unless you are a club member, only request reviews for YOUR OWN submissions.
If you want to join the club and complete requests, simply post in the thread saying you would like to join. Then, regular members will go through your reviews and determine if they are good enough to be part of the club. Your reviews are required to be helpful, developed and well-organised. If you need help with writing good reviews, read Fro's guide to writing helpful reviews.
Once you are accepted, you can start reviewing stuff. If you are a new member of the club, once you understand how the point system works, please post - one or two days before the update - the total points you've earned during the week. This is considered as a sort of application form, and if you fail to do so, you will NOT be added to the club.
List updaters will keep track of each member's points in order to build a list. You don't need to post your points before each update but you can keep track of your score on your own so any error can be fixed. This is how points are counted:
5 points for a review on a requested submission (movie, game, art, or audio).
1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review.
3 points for posting at least once throughout the two weeks.
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post).
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates.
Each Sunday or Monday, a list of all the members is created, counting up their points, featuring various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions in that list, you will get points for them accordingly in the following members' update, around a week later.
Don't forget the lists are built and updated by humans so it may be possible the update is delayed due to various real life reasons. If it ever occurs, don't get mad; calm down and wait :).
Should we have an FAQ?
I don't know. It kinda seems like overkill.
Why a new thread?
The main idea was to give the club a new and fresh start. Since the old one was flooded by requests and not updated any more, the RRC regulars thought creating a new thread would be best for the club.
Should I link to the club in my forum signature?
There's no obligation to do so, but it's certainly appreciated. Remember that you can put a high number in place of the page number in the URL and if that page doesn't exist yet, Newgrounds will take you to the latest page, whatever it is. For example, "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/107 2042/999" will take you to the latest page of this club.
Yes, at the end of each review, if you want you can write down 'Review Request Club'. There is no obligation to do so, but you'll get +1 point if you put the RRC signature in your review. You can add anything you want to it, E.G.: *Review Request Club*, |Review Request Club|, -Review Request Club-, etc, but as long as 'Review Request Club' is clearly written, you will get the point. You are also allowed to add the sig in any reviews other than requests in this club, as long as you are a club member yourself. It's all the more exposure for the club, and it's very much appreciated.
+1 point if I put the RRC signature in my review... I'm not sure if I get it correctly.