00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

782,665 Views | 8,814 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-17 14:01:44

Like mrty, school's been rough for me too. So yeah that means I haven't had time to update today, since I've been working non-stop till late hours at night.

Can anyone do the requests list this time round please? I'll try not to make it a habit to ask people to do my dirty work, but until the homework I get calms down a bit, I'm afraid I can't be as active as I want to be.

Sorry :(.

By the way PabMo, I'm an audio-mod.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-17 14:14:17

Not looking forward to the next update. When I was sick I had no time to review and when I was fine I was to lazy. Sorry. I was sick for about 4 days which ruined my week long break. More reviewing when the request list comes out.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-17 14:32:24

Hello again!!
Could you review these, please?

It's Raining Water
The End

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-17 18:43:32

I didn't got any RRC reviews to the submission which I requested.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-17 19:06:22

At 10/17/10 02:01 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Can anyone do the requests list this time round please? I'll try not to make it a habit to ask people to do my dirty work, but until the homework I get calms down a bit, I'm afraid I can't be as active as I want to be.

I would totally help you out and do this for you, I'm just not sure what method you use. Do I just need to find the last submission from the last list and make the new one based on each request after that? And how many requests do you limit to each list?

Sorry, I'd totally make one for you but I don't want to screw it up without knowing how you format it :/

At 10/17/10 06:43 PM, Spysociety wrote: I didn't got any RRC reviews to the submission which I requested.

You must not have been on the list for some reason...aren't you a member here?

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-17 20:37:21

Well well well... what do we have here! I havnt requested anything from you guys in... how long has it been... 5 months? i bet you guys dont even remember me >=D Oh well then. Time for something productive eh?

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-18 01:00:35

Hi guys, I worked very hard on this and I really need a review because no one is responding to me in my art thread.

River of Self-Thought

Need a Review? Go to Review Request Club

Also please look at my art!

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-18 04:41:34

Hi guys, I'm requesting to be a member of this club.

I am generally careful to be constructive, thoughtful and concise in my feedback, and never rude.
Most of the reviews in my profile have been rated helpful by other newgrounds users...

Check out the demo for Droid Grids

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/vi ew/561794

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-18 05:03:28

At 10/18/10 04:41 AM, glider521al wrote: Hi guys, I'm requesting to be a member of this club.

I am generally careful to be constructive, thoughtful and concise in my feedback, and never rude.
Most of the reviews in my profile have been rated helpful by other newgrounds users...

Your reviews look fantastic, but you're going to have to be a bit more active to actually participate in a club...doesn't look like you've been very active at all since you signed up. You don't have a single b/p point and only 6 reviews to your name.

I suppose a reply to this post to ensure you aren't just a fly-by couldn't hurt your chances.

I'd consider myself an active reviewer, although I'm relatively new to this club and probably a tad too active here ;) I'm still trying to find out how a lot of things work so I can help out.

If anybody here knows where to start/end the request list and how many to do, let me know and I can take care of it while steph is busy with life ;) I wouldn't mind helping I just need to know, lol.

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-18 07:42:24

Well, I'm in an undergrad university course (2nd year computer science), so I can't be active every day.

However, I was hoping to gain recognition for the occassional reviews that I do post, As I tend to spend a decent amout of time fleshing them out.

At 10/18/10 05:03 AM, SeeD419 wrote:
At 10/18/10 04:41 AM, glider521al wrote: Hi guys, I'm requesting to be a member of this club.

Your reviews look fantastic, but you're going to have to be a bit more active to actually participate in a club...doesn't look like you've been very active at all since you signed up. You don't have a single b/p point and only 6 reviews to your name.

I suppose a reply to this post to ensure you aren't just a fly-by couldn't hurt your chances.

I'd consider myself an active reviewer, although I'm relatively new to this club and probably a tad too active here ;) I'm still trying to find out how a lot of things work so I can help out.

If anybody here knows where to start/end the request list and how many to do, let me know and I can take care of it while steph is busy with life ;) I wouldn't mind helping I just need to know, lol.

Check out the demo for Droid Grids

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/vi ew/561794

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-18 10:42:49

Thanks for offering to help out, SeeD.

Basically you start the requests list by writing down Flash Requests, under it Audio Requests, under it Art Requests, and under that Extra Audio Requests, underlining them all. Then, go to the last requests list posted in the thread, and add the requests accordingly to the list. Also, there's an Extra Audio Requests system. I explained to Domo how it works in a PM, so I'll just copy/paste it here:

Let's say someone posts 3 audio requests. You put the first of the three in the Audio Requests and the other 2 in the Extra Audio Requests. So basically, the Extra Audio Requests are solely there to make sure that there's one audio request per audio artist in the Audio Requests section, not two or three of the same artist. Then, in every requests list, make sure that you copy the extra audio requests of the last requests list to the Audio Requests of the one you're doing.

Finally, there's the tricky part of the requests list. Because of the rule of 3 Audio Requests per month, you've got to look through the other requests lists that were posted this month, and if you see anyone who posted more than 3 Audio Requests in a week, then don't add the other Audio Requests.

Yeah I'm terrible at explaining, if you still don't understand it, then tell me. And sorry again for asking someone to do it.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-18 15:01:51

hey long time no see, here's the song

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 63304

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-18 15:51:58

Sorry to add another song to the list but I'd like to have this one reviewed.

Thanks is advance! :D

Purveyor of fine/good-enough art

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-18 15:54:24

At 10/18/10 03:51 PM, W3R3W00F wrote: Sorry to add another song to the list but I'd like to have this one reviewed.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 69968

*in... >_> I don't know why I managed to type "is" instead. :P

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-18 15:57:04

At 10/18/10 03:54 PM, W3R3W00F wrote:
At 10/18/10 03:51 PM, W3R3W00F wrote: Sorry to add another song to the list but I'd like to have this one reviewed.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 69968
*in... >_> I don't know why I managed to type "is" instead. :P

*how I managed. -.- I need typing therapy.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-18 17:55:09

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-18 18:48:36

At 10/17/10 06:43 PM, Spysociety wrote: I didn't got any RRC reviews to the submission which I requested.
You must not have been on the list for some reason...aren't you a member here?

Yes, I am a member here and I request this submission:

And didn't got any reviews, please can you guys help out!?

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-19 09:00:17

At 10/11/10 02:18 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Member's Update #56
[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
01 ) 6854 | 1071 / 1517 | 70.60% || 015 | 02 / 27 | 007.41% | Coop83
02 ) 6796 | 1062 / 1518 | 69.96% || 021 | 03 / 27 | 011.11% | Haggard

Saddening. Perhaps I can put some more effort in and get this backlog cleared... Well, only one way to deal with that, I suppose.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-19 12:25:20

Oh dear god...Hopefully this is correct. Here we go.

Updated Requests list

Flash Requests:(6)
Deathracers by MakingFunGames
Newgrounds Portal Radio by Spysociety
The Bastard Game by Kwing
Droid Grids Beta v0.16 by glider521al
(16-bit) Russio by Surn
Facebook Game by PabMo

Audio Requests:(36)
Reactor 7, by Phyortek
Suia-hausmaster, by superuberinsaneausm
leipzig, by horsebugger
.:Horror in the Playhouse:., by camoshark
-:.Sleeping Darkness.:- by Hojima Garu (garlagan)
The Guilty, by Pure-Metal-UTA
Froth Forest, by Skeepsis
TL - Breaking the Oblivion, by TeHLoY
[R] Megaphone, by Jirohbomb
[S] Otherside, by Screch
[39]Revolution[39]by flight39
Moon - Agamoka, by Agamoka
El3ctr0 Maniac, by DavidRx
Carry around fate - TTC CHG, by Calamaistr
.:The Awakening:., by GronmonSE
LuxAternea(RequiemForADream), by Cimba
A Little Goes A Long Way, by Kirbyfemur
Unofficial Sega Genesis Theme, by Mariojinx
Death2emos Ft. Slaughterizer, by EpicFail
p4c - Fallout, by p4c
"Down Low" By GV14982
My Violent EndBy Donnynoir
(E-E) Exorcist Theme (Remake), by Everlasting-Elements
The Fear (Rah), by Rahmemhotep
Empty Life, by Skeepsis
Cello Test (WIP), by Zendra
Space Whale (rough Draft), by Space-Whale
-[ Sad Electro ]-, by FlamingFirebolt
The House Mouse v2.0, by KieranNG
AF - Breath (Alfa Mix), by aliaspharow
Painful_Fantasies by [Box-killa]
Within grasp, by W3R3W00F
Big Red - Ice By Big Red (tingtonger)
Big Red - Little Man By Big Red (tingtonger)
I want to fly (R-Mix) By Osman BienAime (RetromanOMG)
Decessus (PRE) By TheUprising1

Art Requests:(7)
Walkinator by Tateos
Fahrenheit 451 Comic: 1 of 2 By Ben (Iplaygames)
Fahrenheit 451 Comic: 2 of 2By Ben (Iplaygames)
It's Raining Water by MasterMerol
The End by MasterMerol
River of Self Thought By Joshsouza
Sparta Poster By Blounty

Extra Audio Requests:(12)
Stickerbrush Symphony (DKC2xM), by Pure-Metal-UTA
Memories of the Stars Metal!!!, by Pure-Metal-UTA
Red whale jumps - TTC CHG, by Calamaistr
Sanake's execution - TTC CHG, by Calamaistr
.:Uncertainty:., by GronmonSE
The Hour, by Kirbyfemur
Mother (Re-Up), by EpicFail
Robodance by GV14982
(Submission Deleted) Bulletproof Remix by Gv1482
~Alfa~ Broken Flow, by aliaspharow
YHOF - Sunshine WIP, by Agamoka
YHOF - Chaoz Fantasy Remix, by Agamoka

People who have exhausted their 3 audio requests a month are:
tingtonger
Calamaistr
Pure-Metal-UTA
Agamoka

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-19 12:54:19

At 10/19/10 12:25 PM, SeeD419 wrote: Oh dear god...Hopefully this is correct. Here we go.
Flash Requests:(6)
Audio Requests:(36)
Art Requests:(7)

Not directed against you (thanks for helping out!), but somehow I do hope you made an error somewhere... this list looks discouraging. :(

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-19 14:54:34

I want you guys to review this art piece, please:

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/hacse v/prometheus

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-19 16:55:35

If anybody has the time to review my new song. I'd appreciate it. :)

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-19 20:12:05

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-19 20:31:48

NOTE - READ THESE RULES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST. THEY ARE AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST AND THEY HAVE NEW IMPORTANT RULES!

Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread. This thread is meant to give the club a fresh start and make it a pleasant place to stay. In order to do this, it goes without saying that you must follow the regular BBS rules and read the C&C Advice Thread before posting if you are new to this forum.

This club aims to increase the exposure of the most under-rated Newgrounds music, art and flash artists. The other major purpose of the club is to offer the Newgrounds artists high quality feedback so they can constantly improve their work.

To the requesters:
Every Newgrounds user is allowed to request a review as soon as he submitted something. To get your work reviewed, don't post here without thinking but follow these few rules:

- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Make no more than 3 Flash and Art requests between two updates (that's one week), and no more than 3 Audio Requests between 5 updates (that's four weeks).
- Please respond to reviews, reviewers like it and some of them are statwho... oh wait, interested in stats.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you requested, or if you requested more than 1 Audio submission, you may not see reviews on your second submission up until 3 weeks after you requested, and you may not see reviews on your third submission up until 4 weeks after you requested.
- Do NOT request without posting a link, be kind, reviewers are not robots.
- Do NOT simply say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.
- Do NOT request reviews for a submission with over 50 reviews.
- Do NOT request reviews for spam. Spam is only there to annoy, not to be critically analyzed.
- Unless you are a club member, only request reviews for YOUR OWN submissions.

To the reviewers:
If you want to join the club and complete requests, simply post in the thread saying you would like to join. Then, regular members will go through your reviews and determine if they are good enough to be part of the club. Your reviews are required to be helpful, developed and well-organised. If you need help with writing good reviews, read Fro's guide to writing helpful reviews.

Once you are accepted, you can start reviewing stuff. If you are a new member of the club, once you understand how the point system works, please post - one or two days before the update - the total points you've earned during the week. This is considered as a sort of application form, and if you fail to do so, you will NOT be added to the club.

Points System:
List updaters will keep track of each member's points in order to build a list. You don't need to post your points before each update but you can keep track of your score on your own so any error can be fixed. This is how points are counted:

5 points for a review on a requested submission (movie, game, art, or audio).
1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review.
3 points for posting at least once throughout the two weeks.
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post).
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates.

Club Updates:
Each Sunday or Monday, a list of all the members is created, counting up their points, featuring various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions in that list, you will get points for them accordingly in the following members' update, around a week later.

Don't forget the lists are built and updated by humans so it may be possible the update is delayed due to various real life reasons. If it ever occurs, don't get mad; calm down and wait :).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Should we have an FAQ?
I don't know. It kinda seems like overkill.

Why a new thread?
The main idea was to give the club a new and fresh start. Since the old one was flooded by requests and not updated any more, the RRC regulars thought creating a new thread would be best for the club.

Should I link to the club in my forum signature?
There's no obligation to do so, but it's certainly appreciated. Remember that you can put a high number in place of the page number in the URL and if that page doesn't exist yet, Newgrounds will take you to the latest page, whatever it is. For example, "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/107 2042/999" will take you to the latest page of this club.

RRC Signature?
Yes, at the end of each review, if you want you can write down 'Review Request Club'. There is no obligation to do so, but you'll get +1 point if you put the RRC signature in your review. You can add anything you want to it, E.G.: *Review Request Club*, |Review Request Club|, -Review Request Club-, etc, but as long as 'Review Request Club' is clearly written, you will get the point. You are also allowed to add the sig in any reviews other than requests in this club, as long as you are a club member yourself. It's all the more exposure for the club, and it's very much appreciated.

+1 point if I put the RRC signature in my review... I'm not sure if I get it correctly.
You gain 6 points for a review on a request with "Review Request Club" in the end of it, as opposed to 5 points if you hadn't added the signature at the end. If it's still not clear, read this.

Does the Review Request Club review for non-NG stuff?
No. It must be an NG submission. If you have a non-NG submission which you would like us to review, then use your common sense and upload it to NG. Also, we will only review using the 'Write a Review' method on submissions. We won't send reviews by PM, review in your newspost or review in any particular thread of yours.

Do I have to review all the requests?
No you don't have to, just do your best :). Though completing them all will give you 7 extra points.

Which requests should I review?
If you want to get points for the next member's update, look for the latest requests list in the club thread and review the requests from that list. If you review any requests from various posts in the thread which would have been posted after the latest requests list, you will be getting points for the member's update after the next one.

can u review allz mah flashz guise? kthxbai.
No.

If you have more questions, feel free to post about it in the thread or PM a member and if your question is frequently asked, it'll be added to the FAQ.

---

That's all about the club, though this new version of the club couldn't be opened without mentioning the old thread regulars who have made it a great place to spend time. Kudos to Freelance-Magician for creating the original club and to milinko959 for maintaining it for so long. Thanks also to Sonofkirk for starting this new thread and doing many updates.

Have fun!

Useful links: RRC - The point system, clarified, Fro's Guide to Writing Helpful Reviews, Fro's Guide to Writing Good Reviews

Resources: Old Review Request Club thread, Club info, Google.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-19 21:44:17

Finally, a new list, even though it's kind of dicouraging!

Wich, of course, means a new song to review from my inexhaustable list of songs!!

Hope you all enjoy, it's a standard bossa with one of my written solos.

Also, good luck with the reviewing...

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-20 00:34:13

At 10/19/10 12:54 PM, Haggard wrote: Not directed against you (thanks for helping out!), but somehow I do hope you made an error somewhere... this list looks discouraging. :(

lol tell me about it. I've been busy all day working, so I haven't had a chance to do anything yet. Tomorrow I think will be busy for me as well, but yeah that list is all the requests from the last list up to the point of the one I posted, which is what I gathered I was supposed to do. If that's the case, yes, lol, that list is correct. I asked if there was a cutoff limit for amount of requests and never got an answer one way or the other so I'm assuming that there isn't.

Oh well, I suppose it's amazing for your review count. I'll try and knock all of them out when I have some spare time. On a positive note many more flash and art requests compared to last week! =)

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-20 04:13:08

Yet again no update. Really sorry, everyone, I've been very busy with school stuff.

And that requests list is massive :C. Thanks for making it, SeeD, sorry I gave you so much to do.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-20 17:51:18

Hey i just think i finished a song, although it does need mastering but i just wonder what other people might like about it.

It has been reviewed by someone else but that was before i had some big changes in the song it's less boring so to say!

Ranter - The Chase Ride

Thanks alot!

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-20 22:10:29

Sorry but school just caught up to me and I need to get some school work done.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-10-21 10:05:30

I admittedly wasted a lot of time yesterday playing games. I clicked on a flash game to see what it's like, and got addicted to it since I hadn't played any games for months.

But now I'll make sure that any free time I have will be spent finishing that update.

Sorry :(.

BBS Signature