New Topic Respond to this Topic
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-16 12:10:43 Reply

At 8/16/11 10:43 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: As always, SCTE3 and Soapbubble continued their long 100% streak with SkyeWintrest managing another 100%. Great job to Soapbubble for reviewing all of the requests in such a limited time period, and I also think SkyeWintrest deserves a mention for writing such detailed and helpful reviews and being able to continue his 100% streak at the same time.

Congrast to SkyWintrest, good reviewing!! Nice to see SoapBubble got the streak still even though he may be unable to review this week.

03 ) 4226 | 0650 / 0699 | 092.99% || 136 | 21 / 21 | 100.00% | SCTE3

Going up toward 5,000 points, fun.

05 ) 1152 | 0179 / 0179 | 100.00% || 136 | 21 / 21 | 100.00% | Soapbubble
07 ) 0267 | 0041 / 0055 | 074.55% || 136 | 21 / 21 | 100.00% | SkyeWintrest

Good work with the streak.

Request Reviews // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-16 13:42:21 Reply

At 8/16/11 10:43 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: So, while we haven't really reached any milestones this week, the stats are great - better than last week's. We got even closer to 5.00 as an Average Per Request, probably due to the fact that Coop and Haggard made a great comeback this week by each doing 11 reviews.

Ha. Looks like both of us wants to keep the total percentage above 50%. I also did most of the reivews yesterday. I just figured since I sit in front of the PC all day anyway I can also do some reviews. And I also realized that I don't really have to "get into the mood" for reviewing. Just listening to a song or watching a flash and then type down what I think about it. It isn't that hard and is done in a couple of minutes. Maybe I can make "reviewing a flash/song a day" a daily routine. ^^

Member's Update #95
[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
01 ) 7765 | 1208 / 2343 | 051.56% || 069 | 11 / 21 | 052.38% | Coop
02 ) 7607 | 1179 / 2348 | 050.21% || 068 | 11 / 21 | 052.38% | Haggard
03 ) 4226 | 0650 / 0699 | 092.99% || 136 | 21 / 21 | 100.00% | SCTE3

Well, I managed to get at least 50% done. I really want to keep my total ratio above 50%, so I better start reviewing more often.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-16 13:46:42 Reply

At 8/16/11 01:45 PM, sontuk wrote: Okay, not really sure what to do, but I'll review everything and see what happens.

Just post points when you have reviewed what you wish to review for the week. Only need to do it for the first week.

BBS Signature
Knuckstrike
Knuckstrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-16 14:02:00 Reply

I'd like to join the club, mainly because I think I'm not reviewing enough, and I'd like to gain some feedback on my reviews. That mainly because I want to practise my English.

I should read some english books, but I'm too lazy for that, so I'll review instead.

I'll probably stick to flash reviewing, because I don't know much about music and art. You'll see my flash reviews are more detailed, more helpful and generally longer than my music and art reviews. Not to mention that I have way more flash reviews. But I'll see how addicting reviewing is.
So I'll just review some of the submissions SCTE3 posted 5 posts back, right? (or even better, all of them)
And then, next week, post how many reviews I made of the submissions, if I'm correct.

At 8/16/11 12:07 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
Audio Requests (14)
~SW~ Keeper of the Dead By SWINT (SkyeWintrest)
Sea of Destiny By Archmage (TheBellmaker)

(...)

Extra Audio Requests (3)
~SW~ Keeper of the Dead- Voice By SWINT (SkyeWintrest)
Solving Murderous Intent By CheckeredZebra

Also, what's the difference between Audio and Extra Audio Requests?

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.
Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-16 14:09:11 Reply

At 8/16/11 02:02 PM, Knuckstrike wrote: I'd like to join the club, mainly because I think I'm not reviewing enough, and I'd like to gain some feedback on my reviews. That mainly because I want to practice my English.

That's always cool, I enjoy reading some feedback on my reviews as well, makes me happy knowing they read and responded to them rather than just submitting them and wanting reviews.

I should read some english books, but I'm too lazy for that, so I'll review instead.

That could help too I think.

I'll probably stick to flash reviewing, because I don't know much about music and art. You'll see my flash reviews are more detailed, more helpful and generally longer than my music and art reviews. Not to mention that I have way more flash reviews. But I'll see how addicting reviewing is.

That's cool with us. The only thing though is you could possibly try to improve your art and audio reviews, look at the reviews of other members for examples of how to review them. Audio you could review how each instrument sounds and how it makes the beat flow or sound bad. As for art you could review it on how well you think it looks and what you think they could possibly add to it as well.

So I'll just review some of the submissions SCTE3 posted 5 posts back, right? (or even better, all of them)

Yes indeed.

And then, next week, post how many reviews I made of the submissions, if I'm correct.

No, just read the post at top, you post the points for the first week and you are good to go for the next update.

Also, what's the difference between Audio and Extra Audio Requests?

Since we tend to get many, many audio review we limit it to three per week. One that can go on the main list and the other one or two go on the extra list of audio since we usually have way more of them than anything else on the list. You don't get points for reviewing the extra audio but it is not a bad thing if you do.

BBS Signature
DonCarrera
DonCarrera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-16 16:39:54 Reply

And now for an experiment in chipsine sound design:

• Concept 2 (Sound Design!)
    Concept 2 (Sound Design!) by DonCarrera

Click to listen.

Score
    3.54 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Miscellaneous
    Popularity

Used one 16-bit sine, no external VSTs or effects, and plenty of in-DAW technical crap. Fair (taking the previous into consideration) but critical and constructive reviews would really be appreciated.

satanicpotatoe
satanicpotatoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-16 18:09:58 Reply

Here is a song I would like to have some feedback ;)

• Over the mountain
    Over the mountain by satanicpotatoe

Click to listen.

Score
    4.36 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

Thanks!!!!

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-17 10:04:20 Reply

Every request has been reviewed.

BBS Signature
descara
descara
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-17 10:19:09 Reply

I've been working on my mixing and mastering lately and I'd love some feedback on the production on this track! Sometimes I feel there's a slightly annoying quality to the strings (almost like the sound of a coarse bow), but I don't know if it's something like a weird resonance in the reverb or just me going crazy.

Other thoughts are of course also much welcome, though in retrospect the writing is perhaps somewhat uninspired.

• Lamentation by the Sea
    Lamentation by the Sea by descara

Click to listen.

Score
    2.18 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-17 10:24:07 Reply

NOTE - READ THESE RULES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST. THEY ARE AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST AND THEY HAVE NEW IMPORTANT RULES!

Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread. This thread is meant to give the club a fresh start and make it a pleasant place to stay. In order to do this, it goes without saying that you must follow the regular BBS rules and read the C&C Advice Thread before posting if you are new to this forum.

This club aims to increase the exposure of the most under-rated Newgrounds music, art and flash artists. The other major purpose of the club is to offer the Newgrounds artists high quality feedback so they can constantly improve their work.

To the requesters:
Every Newgrounds user is allowed to request a review as soon as he submitted something. To get your work reviewed, don't post here without thinking but follow these few rules:

- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Make no more than 3 Flash and Art requests between two updates (that's one week), and no more than 3 Audio Requests between 5 updates (that's four weeks).
- Please respond to reviews, reviewers like it and some of them are statwho... oh wait, interested in stats.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you requested, or if you requested more than 1 Audio submission, you may not see reviews on your second submission up until 3 weeks after you requested, and you may not see reviews on your third submission up until 4 weeks after you requested.
- Do NOT request without posting a link, be kind, reviewers are not robots.
- Do NOT simply say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.
- Do NOT request reviews for a submission with over 50 reviews.
- Do NOT request reviews for spam. Spam is only there to annoy, not to be critically analyzed.
- Unless you are a club member, only request reviews for YOUR OWN submissions.

To the reviewers:
If you want to join the club and complete requests, simply post in the thread saying you would like to join. Then, regular members will go through your reviews and determine if they are good enough to be part of the club. Your reviews are required to be helpful, developed and well-organised. If you need help with writing good reviews, read Fro's guide to writing helpful reviews.

Once you are accepted, you can start reviewing stuff. If you are a new member of the club, once you understand how the point system works, please post - one or two days before the update - the total points you've earned during the week. This is considered as a sort of application form, and if you fail to do so, you will NOT be added to the club.

Points System:
List updaters will keep track of each member's points in order to build a list. You don't need to post your points before each update but you can keep track of your score on your own so any error can be fixed. This is how points are counted:

5 points for a review on a requested submission (movie, game, art, or audio).
1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review.
3 points for posting at least once throughout the two weeks.
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post).
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates.

Club Updates:
Each Sunday or Monday, a list of all the members is created, counting up their points, featuring various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions in that list, you will get points for them accordingly in the following members' update, around a week later.

Don't forget the lists are built and updated by humans so it may be possible the update is delayed due to various real life reasons. If it ever occurs, don't get mad; calm down and wait :).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Should we have an FAQ?
I don't know. It kinda seems like overkill.

Why a new thread?
The main idea was to give the club a new and fresh start. Since the old one was flooded by requests and not updated any more, the RRC regulars thought creating a new thread would be best for the club.

Should I link to the club in my forum signature?
There's no obligation to do so, but it's certainly appreciated. Remember that you can put a high number in place of the page number in the URL and if that page doesn't exist yet, Newgrounds will take you to the latest page, whatever it is. For example, "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/107 2042/999" will take you to the latest page of this club.

RRC Signature?
Yes, at the end of each review, if you want you can write down 'Review Request Club'. There is no obligation to do so, but you'll get +1 point if you put the RRC signature in your review. You can add anything you want to it, E.G.: *Review Request Club*, |Review Request Club|, -Review Request Club-, etc, but as long as 'Review Request Club' is clearly written, you will get the point. You are also allowed to add the sig in any reviews other than requests in this club, as long as you are a club member yourself. It's all the more exposure for the club, and it's very much appreciated.

+1 point if I put the RRC signature in my review... I'm not sure if I get it correctly.
You gain 6 points for a review on a request with "Review Request Club" in the end of it, as opposed to 5 points if you hadn't added the signature at the end. If it's still not clear, read this.

Does the Review Request Club review for non-NG stuff?
No. It must be an NG submission. If you have a non-NG submission which you would like us to review, then use your common sense and upload it to NG. Also, we will only review using the 'Write a Review' method on submissions. We won't send reviews by PM, review in your newspost or review in any particular thread of yours.

Do I have to review all the requests?
No you don't have to, just do your best :). Though completing them all will give you 7 extra points.

Which requests should I review?
If you want to get points for the next member's update, look for the latest requests list in the club thread and review the requests from that list. If you review any requests from various posts in the thread which would have been posted after the latest requests list, you will be getting points for the member's update after the next one.

can u review allz mah flashz guise? kthxbai.
No.

If you have more questions, feel free to post about it in the thread or PM a member and if your question is frequently asked, it'll be added to the FAQ.

---

That's all about the club, though this new version of the club couldn't be opened without mentioning the old thread regulars who have made it a great place to spend time. Kudos to Freelance-Magician for creating the original club and to FattyWhale for maintaining it for so long. Thanks also to Sonofkirk for starting this new thread and doing many updates.

Have fun!

Useful links: RRC - The point system, clarified, Fro's Guide to Writing Helpful Reviews, Fro's Guide to Writing Good Reviews

Resources: Old Review Request Club thread, Club info, Google.

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-17 11:39:56 Reply

At 8/16/11 10:43 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: So, while we haven't really reached any milestones this week, the stats are great - better than last week's. We got even closer to 5.00 as an Average Per Request, probably due to the fact that Coop and Haggard made a great comeback this week by each doing 11 reviews. Max amount of RRC reviews on one request was 6.

*stetches* Yeah, that was a good few days of reviewing. Let's see if I can keep it up.

[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
01 ) 7765 | 1208 / 2343 | 051.56% || 069 | 11 / 21 | 052.38% | Coop
02 ) 7607 | 1179 / 2348 | 050.21% || 068 | 11 / 21 | 052.38% | Haggard

I don't think my week's average has been this high for months, if not years. Well, with a lot of Flash requests for the week, I should be able to maintain the pace.

Should...

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
DreamEater
DreamEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-17 14:46:18 Reply

This is a great idea guys, I can't believe I didn't find out about it sooner! :D

Anyway, I would really appreciate some feedback on my new remix of Mr Fiji Wiji's original track "Bazzsaw"

• [Fiji] Buzzsaw (Dj Sonik Rmx)
    [Fiji] Buzzsaw (Dj Sonik Rmx) by XsakuX

Click to listen.

Score
    4.05 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    House
    Popularity

I kinda feel like this track has been unjustly zero-bombed by noobs, and would like a second opinion from some people who matter.

Thanks so much everyone, Long Live RRC! :D

DreamEater
DreamEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-17 18:22:47 Reply

At 8/16/11 12:07 PM, SCTE3 wrote: 28 requests for the week. I had a couple of clock day submissions from yesterday to the list since as most of them had high scores, there were quite a few good pieces and they got very few reviews. Also I started college classes yesterday, fun. Enjoy the requests for the week.

Done & Done

A lot of these were really great!
Awesome work everyone! :D

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-17 18:51:49 Reply

At 8/17/11 06:22 PM, XsakuX wrote: Done & Done

A lot of these were really great!
Awesome work everyone! :D

Sweet, nice work! If you're interested in joining, don't forget to post the points you've earned for the week. The points system can be found in the opening post or at the top of this page - just give yourself 6 points for every review with a Review Request Club signature, 5 points for every review without one, 7 points for reviewing all the requests and 3 points for posting throughout the week.

If you do this, you'll be added to the list of members and won't need to post your points anymore because I'll be taking care of them and all the others' points with my ever so handy spreadsheets :D.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
DreamEater
DreamEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-17 18:53:11 Reply

Kay so my bad guys, I didn't realize you have to be "Accepted" into your club.
So I guess now would be a good time to ask?

May I Join?

Dj-Zexus
Dj-Zexus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-17 18:53:25 Reply

• 666 - Supadupafly (Remix)
    666 - Supadupafly (Remix) by Dj-Zexus

Click to listen.

Score
    2.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dance
    Popularity

I accidentally deleted the last track I requested. :c
Sorry about that, guys. <3

DreamEater
DreamEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-17 18:55:08 Reply

Haha damn Supersteph, crazy timing!

DreamEater
DreamEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-17 19:03:23 Reply

158pts as of now; did some work today ;D

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-17 19:13:16 Reply

At 8/17/11 06:55 PM, XsakuX wrote: Haha damn Supersteph, crazy timing!

Well, I'm glad my mind-reading skills came in handy.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Soapbubble
Soapbubble
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Audiophile
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-18 06:18:42 Reply

Oh god, 28 reviews and I just got internet today. I'm not sure I can make it, not considering this is the first week at uni and I've barely been in my flat this entire time. A lot of drinking and a lot of meetings with the student organizations and the university/classes.

I'm back, I guess.

Birdinator99
Birdinator99
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-18 11:19:12 Reply

• Mario Kart 64 -- Title (Remix)
    Mario Kart 64 -- Title (Remix) by Birdinator99

Click to listen.

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

Please tell me I'm not breaking the rules -- I can't remember how often I post here!

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-18 11:29:43 Reply

At 8/18/11 06:18 AM, Soapbubble wrote: Oh god, 28 reviews and I just got internet today. I'm not sure I can make it, not considering this is the first week at uni and I've barely been in my flat this entire time. A lot of drinking and a lot of meetings with the student organizations and the university/classes.

Heh, I got tech college classes, mostly night classes though. If you get time to review then try to do a decent amount in one session.

BBS Signature
MeteorManMike
MeteorManMike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-18 12:33:15 Reply

H0ly crap, just got back to 28 reviews to do, and 3 to respond to (which were all well thought out and helpful, btw). I saw that Spy isn't part of the club anymore, does this mean the game is off???

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-18 12:46:01 Reply

At 8/18/11 12:33 PM, MeteorManMike wrote: H0ly crap, just got back to 28 reviews to do, and 3 to respond to (which were all well thought out and helpful, btw).

You got enough time to do them all.

I saw that Spy isn't part of the club anymore, does this mean the game is off???

Probably not, he did say he was working on a collaboration piece for Madness Day.

BBS Signature
PatriotClock
PatriotClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-18 16:38:53 Reply

Can I get some reviews up in here?

<3

BBS Signature
KKSlider60
KKSlider60
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-18 17:17:41 Reply

Hey guys! It's been a pretty long while.
I'm writing you to say that I'm deleting my comic strips from NG, and since you've been nice enough to review them I just wanted to warmly thank you for your impressions. :D
I'll be seeing you in another long while and keep up the awesome work! =D
KKS

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-18 17:19:18 Reply

At 8/18/11 05:17 PM, KKSlider60 wrote: Hey guys! It's been a pretty long while.
I'm writing you to say that I'm deleting my comic strips from NG, and since you've been nice enough to review them I just wanted to warmly thank you for your impressions. :D
I'll be seeing you in another long while and keep up the awesome work! =D
KKS

Now I'm going to feel like I wasted time writing you a review. Oh well, I'm not going to cry over it or anything, have gotten used to it over time mostly because I can write a nice review for an audio artist and they turn around and remove it for some reason.

BBS Signature
Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Art Lover
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-18 21:48:49 Reply

Hey people, I just wanted to pop in and thank you in the name of ReNaeNae, myself and all the other co-authors for your wonderful reviews on "The Very Hungry Luid".

This crew is really a big win for the NG community.

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-18 21:55:29 Reply

At 8/18/11 09:48 PM, Luwano wrote: Hey people, I just wanted to pop in and thank you in the name of ReNaeNae, myself and all the other co-authors for your wonderful reviews on "The Very Hungry Luid".

This crew is really a big win for the NG community.

Indeed, if only more flash artists heard about us.

BBS Signature
ESTAR48
ESTAR48
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Review Request Club 2011-08-18 22:22:00 Reply

Can i join?

Only the champions and winners click the link :P