Be a Supporter!

Review Request Club

  • 298,850 Views
  • 8,915 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 02:12 AM Reply

Alright! Managed to start reviewing things today. Yaaaay. Just all but one of the audio reviews to go! I also am hoping to get another song for you guys to poke and prod at this week. Should be able to work on it a lot tomorrow - got over 6-7 hours of travel, so I can fiddle with it on my laptop. I may also be able to get some awesome acoustic guitar in there, courtesy of my younger cousin! Woohoo! (\o/)

Even if I can't manage to get it up by the next update, I hope you enjoy the ambient song I put up.


Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
Soapbubble
Soapbubble
  • Member since: Jun. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Audiophile
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 03:13 AM Reply

I only have today and tomorrow to finish up the list, found out I wont have internett till Monday again, and I wont be sitting in front of the computer till laaate on Monday. That's late my time, which is between 7 and 9 hours ahead of the US.


AFK

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 43
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 10:58 AM Reply

At 8/10/11 03:13 AM, Soapbubble wrote: I only have today and tomorrow to finish up the list, found out I wont have internett till Monday again, and I wont be sitting in front of the computer till laaate on Monday. That's late my time, which is between 7 and 9 hours ahead of the US.

I know how that feels. You just feel as if you are missing out on a lot of things.

Soapbubble
Soapbubble
  • Member since: Jun. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Audiophile
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 11:54 AM Reply

At 8/10/11 10:58 AM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 8/10/11 03:13 AM, Soapbubble wrote: I only have today and tomorrow to finish up the list, found out I wont have internett till Monday again, and I wont be sitting in front of the computer till laaate on Monday. That's late my time, which is between 7 and 9 hours ahead of the US.
I know how that feels. You just feel as if you are missing out on a lot of things.

Yeah. I know there's no pressure on me for finishing it up, but I've had a 100% streak going for a looong time now, and I don't want it to end. I'm gonna clean the house and pack my stuff today, and we'll see if I can't get the rest done this evening and tomorrow.

Even worse, I'm not even sure if I'll be around for Clock Day! :<


AFK

SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 12:43 PM Reply

Aw, that stinks about having only today and tomorrow to finish them - especially with so many audio requests...

I know how that kind of thing feels, it's quite annoying. :| Hope you manage it!


Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
GirlStep
GirlStep
  • Member since: Jul. 12, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 01:15 PM Reply

Newest song. I would appreciate some feedback please :)

  • EF - WIP (GS vs TI remix)
    EF - WIP (GS vs TI remix) by GirlStep

    Click to listen.

    Score
    4.49 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dubstep
    Popularity
    36 Views


X Sentinel & GirlStep - Obelisk <-- please take a listen! :3

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Writer
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 04:16 PM Reply

At 8/8/11 01:26 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Member's Update #94
[#] [Total] [Total Stats] [Total Ratio] || [Gain] [Weekly Stats] [Weekly Ratio] [Username]
01 ) 7696 | 1197 / 2322 | 051.55% || 015 | 02 / 17 | 011.76% | Coop
02 ) 7539 | 1168 / 2327 | 050.19% || 021 | 03 / 17 | 017.65% | Haggard
03 ) 4090 | 0629 / 0678 | 092.77% || 112 | 17 / 17 | 100.00% | SCTE3

Thanks for the update Steph. Nice work, as usual.

I've managed a pretty poor showing this time, but in readiness for next update, I've already doubled my output. Let's see if I can make use of the forthcoming free time to take a few steps again. I'm fed up of haemorrhaging reviews, so I'd better start writing new ones, to replace them.

That and I want to stay at above 50% for a little while longer.

At 8/8/11 01:42 PM, SCTE3 wrote: I left off the Villainous and the Mario Collab requests as they both over 50 reviews on them making them invalid to be added to the list.

These are flash, right? If so, I'd still add them to the list. Even if it does increase the workload, we need flash to review.

That's my two pence.


Olympic standard B/Per *** Review Request Club
News
Post Stats Here!

BBS Signature
Soapbubble
Soapbubble
  • Member since: Jun. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Audiophile
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 05:05 PM Reply

At 8/10/11 04:16 PM, Coop wrote:
These are flash, right? If so, I'd still add them to the list. Even if it does increase the workload, we need flash to review.

That's my two pence.

I agree on this, I'm pretty certain that some people do few reviews because there's so much audio and so little flash/art. Maybe raise that max amount of reviews by 25 or so?


AFK

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 43
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 05:18 PM Reply

At 8/10/11 05:05 PM, Soapbubble wrote:
At 8/10/11 04:16 PM, Coop wrote:
These are flash, right? If so, I'd still add them to the list. Even if it does increase the workload, we need flash to review.

That's my two pence.
I agree on this, I'm pretty certain that some people do few reviews because there's so much audio and so little flash/art. Maybe raise that max amount of reviews by 25 or so?

I shall keep this in mind for the future. However putting a cap on the amount of reviews to be submitted by those wanting reviews each week kind of seems bad because less users would request content. I don't think we even hit over 25 very often unless it's summer vacation.

KKSlider60
KKSlider60
  • Member since: Dec. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 11th, 2011 @ 02:52 AM Reply

Hey guys, first time I request some "Art" reviews ;D
I just uploaded some drawings (I'll put the rest tomorrow) and I would greatly appreciate if some pious soul leaves a comment while passing by them. I don't expect to have them all reviewed of course. xD The first upload is this: http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/kksli der60/kks-who-cares-right

As I said before, expect the last three drawings tomorrow, two pencil-made and one pen-made. The pencil drawings are basically tests, as I've never worked with more than two pencil types in a single sketch. They're 2B's and 2H's.
Enjoy and thanks :)

Soapbubble
Soapbubble
  • Member since: Jun. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Audiophile
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 11th, 2011 @ 09:26 AM Reply

Hardcore review hour is a go! I've got one hour to finish up these reviews. Wish me luck!


AFK

KKSlider60
KKSlider60
  • Member since: Dec. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 11th, 2011 @ 09:58 AM Reply

At 8/11/11 09:26 AM, Soapbubble wrote: Hardcore review hour is a go! I've got one hour to finish up these reviews. Wish me luck!

Good luck mate :) Hope you get your weekly 100%

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 43
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 11th, 2011 @ 10:42 AM Reply

At 8/10/11 11:54 AM, Soapbubble wrote:
Even worse, I'm not even sure if I'll be around for Clock Day! :<

I missed clock day two years in a row. Oh well.

Morph94
Morph94
  • Member since: Jun. 16, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 11th, 2011 @ 01:41 PM Reply

  • It All Comes Together- Air
    It All Comes Together- Air by Morph94

    Click to listen.

    Score
    4.02 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Ambient
    Popularity
    48 Views

Review, please!


BBS Signature
Soapbubble
Soapbubble
  • Member since: Jun. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Audiophile
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 11th, 2011 @ 02:01 PM Reply

At 8/11/11 10:42 AM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 8/10/11 11:54 AM, Soapbubble wrote:
Even worse, I'm not even sure if I'll be around for Clock Day! :<
I missed clock day two years in a row. Oh well.

I just want a higher B/P rank so my vote counts more. Then I'll start actually voting 0 on all the shit that pops up in the portal.

I've still got 4 or so left, but I might, MIGHT be able to finish them tonight. Just gotta finish packing my stuff.


AFK

Soapbubble
Soapbubble
  • Member since: Jun. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Audiophile
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 11th, 2011 @ 06:11 PM Reply

I fucking did it! Who da man!?

Now, sleep. See you guys on Monday or whenever I get internet at my new place.

Cheers :>


AFK

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 43
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 11th, 2011 @ 06:34 PM Reply

At 8/11/11 06:11 PM, Soapbubble wrote: I fucking did it! Who da man!?

Now, sleep. See you guys on Monday or whenever I get internet at my new place.

Cheers :>

Cheers and farewell for the weekend mate. Looks like you just did what I do from time to time which is tackling the full list in one day. Nice work.

Step
Step
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 11th, 2011 @ 06:48 PM Reply

At 8/11/11 06:11 PM, Soapbubble wrote: I fucking did it! Who da man!?

You da man!

Nice work.


Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
xxxZigZagxxx
xxxZigZagxxx
  • Member since: Nov. 9, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 11th, 2011 @ 09:38 PM Reply

  • Ignite This!
    Ignite This! by xxxZigZagxxx

    Click to listen.

    Score
    3.88 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dance
    Popularity
    61 Views
  • OH YES...
    OH YES... by xxxZigZagxxx

    Click to listen.

    Score
    4.14 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    R&B
    Popularity
    124 Views


BBS Signature
Kaneda-X
Kaneda-X
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 11th, 2011 @ 11:09 PM Reply

I'd like to join and become a reviewer. Though I somewhat doubt my current batch of reviews available to look at are not up to snuff length-wise, I feel fairly confident in my abilities to right extremely competent reviews if given the motivation or knowledge the author will read my criticisms.

Thanks.

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 43
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 12th, 2011 @ 08:39 AM Reply

NOTE - READ THESE RULES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST. THEY ARE AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST AND THEY HAVE NEW IMPORTANT RULES!

Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread. This thread is meant to give the club a fresh start and make it a pleasant place to stay. In order to do this, it goes without saying that you must follow the regular BBS rules and read the C&C Advice Thread before posting if you are new to this forum.

This club aims to increase the exposure of the most under-rated Newgrounds music, art and flash artists. The other major purpose of the club is to offer the Newgrounds artists high quality feedback so they can constantly improve their work.

To the requesters:
Every Newgrounds user is allowed to request a review as soon as he submitted something. To get your work reviewed, don't post here without thinking but follow these few rules:

- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Make no more than 3 Flash and Art requests between two updates (that's one week), and no more than 3 Audio Requests between 5 updates (that's four weeks).
- Please respond to reviews, reviewers like it and some of them are statwho... oh wait, interested in stats.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you requested, or if you requested more than 1 Audio submission, you may not see reviews on your second submission up until 3 weeks after you requested, and you may not see reviews on your third submission up until 4 weeks after you requested.
- Do NOT request without posting a link, be kind, reviewers are not robots.
- Do NOT simply say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.
- Do NOT request reviews for a submission with over 50 reviews.
- Do NOT request reviews for spam. Spam is only there to annoy, not to be critically analyzed.
- Unless you are a club member, only request reviews for YOUR OWN submissions.

To the reviewers:
If you want to join the club and complete requests, simply post in the thread saying you would like to join. Then, regular members will go through your reviews and determine if they are good enough to be part of the club. Your reviews are required to be helpful, developed and well-organised. If you need help with writing good reviews, read Fro's guide to writing helpful reviews.

Once you are accepted, you can start reviewing stuff. If you are a new member of the club, once you understand how the point system works, please post - one or two days before the update - the total points you've earned during the week. This is considered as a sort of application form, and if you fail to do so, you will NOT be added to the club.

Points System:
List updaters will keep track of each member's points in order to build a list. You don't need to post your points before each update but you can keep track of your score on your own so any error can be fixed. This is how points are counted:

5 points for a review on a requested submission (movie, game, art, or audio).
1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review.
3 points for posting at least once throughout the two weeks.
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post).
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates.

Club Updates:
Each Sunday or Monday, a list of all the members is created, counting up their points, featuring various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions in that list, you will get points for them accordingly in the following members' update, around a week later.

Don't forget the lists are built and updated by humans so it may be possible the update is delayed due to various real life reasons. If it ever occurs, don't get mad; calm down and wait :).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Should we have an FAQ?
I don't know. It kinda seems like overkill.

Why a new thread?
The main idea was to give the club a new and fresh start. Since the old one was flooded by requests and not updated any more, the RRC regulars thought creating a new thread would be best for the club.

Should I link to the club in my forum signature?
There's no obligation to do so, but it's certainly appreciated. Remember that you can put a high number in place of the page number in the URL and if that page doesn't exist yet, Newgrounds will take you to the latest page, whatever it is. For example, "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/107 2042/999" will take you to the latest page of this club.

RRC Signature?
Yes, at the end of each review, if you want you can write down 'Review Request Club'. There is no obligation to do so, but you'll get +1 point if you put the RRC signature in your review. You can add anything you want to it, E.G.: *Review Request Club*, |Review Request Club|, -Review Request Club-, etc, but as long as 'Review Request Club' is clearly written, you will get the point. You are also allowed to add the sig in any reviews other than requests in this club, as long as you are a club member yourself. It's all the more exposure for the club, and it's very much appreciated.

+1 point if I put the RRC signature in my review... I'm not sure if I get it correctly.
You gain 6 points for a review on a request with "Review Request Club" in the end of it, as opposed to 5 points if you hadn't added the signature at the end. If it's still not clear, read this.

Does the Review Request Club review for non-NG stuff?
No. It must be an NG submission. If you have a non-NG submission which you would like us to review, then use your common sense and upload it to NG. Also, we will only review using the 'Write a Review' method on submissions. We won't send reviews by PM, review in your newspost or review in any particular thread of yours.

Do I have to review all the requests?
No you don't have to, just do your best :). Though completing them all will give you 7 extra points.

Which requests should I review?
If you want to get points for the next member's update, look for the latest requests list in the club thread and review the requests from that list. If you review any requests from various posts in the thread which would have been posted after the latest requests list, you will be getting points for the member's update after the next one.

can u review allz mah flashz guise? kthxbai.
No.

If you have more questions, feel free to post about it in the thread or PM a member and if your question is frequently asked, it'll be added to the FAQ.

---

That's all about the club, though this new version of the club couldn't be opened without mentioning the old thread regulars who have made it a great place to spend time. Kudos to Freelance-Magician for creating the original club and to FattyWhale for maintaining it for so long. Thanks also to Sonofkirk for starting this new thread and doing many updates.

Have fun!

Useful links: RRC - The point system, clarified, Fro's Guide to Writing Helpful Reviews, Fro's Guide to Writing Good Reviews

Resources: Old Review Request Club thread, Club info, Google.

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 43
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 12th, 2011 @ 08:42 AM Reply

At 8/11/11 11:09 PM, Kaneda-X wrote: I'd like to join and become a reviewer. Though I somewhat doubt my current batch of reviews available to look at are not up to snuff length-wise, I feel fairly confident in my abilities to right extremely competent reviews if given the motivation or knowledge the author will read my criticisms.

Thanks.

Your more recent flash reviews and your audio reviews seem to be alright. Just need to remember that 5 sentences is the most you should ever include in a paragraph and when starting on a new subject of what you are discussing about the flash it is usually a good idea to start a new paragraph.

As for art reviews, they could use a bit of a work. Check out Soapbubble, Supersteph54, Coop. Haggard, or my reviews for example of art reviews.

51lver
51lver
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 12th, 2011 @ 10:23 AM Reply

First game I ever got sponsored

A gadget I decided to make displaying the time in 3 different ways :)

Kaneda-X
Kaneda-X
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 12th, 2011 @ 01:02 PM Reply

At 8/12/11 08:42 AM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 8/11/11 11:09 PM, Kaneda-X wrote: I'd like to join and become a reviewer. Though I somewhat doubt my current batch of reviews available to look at are not up to snuff length-wise, I feel fairly confident in my abilities to right extremely competent reviews if given the motivation or knowledge the author will read my criticisms.

Thanks.
Your more recent flash reviews and your audio reviews seem to be alright. Just need to remember that 5 sentences is the most you should ever include in a paragraph and when starting on a new subject of what you are discussing about the flash it is usually a good idea to start a new paragraph.

As for art reviews, they could use a bit of a work. Check out Soapbubble, Supersteph54, Coop. Haggard, or my reviews for example of art reviews.

I've never actually attempted to do an art review. Occasionally I like to glance through the 'Adult' Section of the Art Portal and make little comments that don't make any attempt at actually critiquing the work. I will be sure to look at the users mentioned for the proper way of doing an art review.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 12th, 2011 @ 01:13 PM Reply

Man when I joined "review request club" I expected there to be more flash. Nothing but audio, most of the time it feels like im just repeating what I said in my last review. There is so much more depth I can put into flash than reviewing audio....

WizMystery
WizMystery
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 12th, 2011 @ 01:17 PM Reply

  • Phlegmatic Undergroan
    Phlegmatic Undergroan by WizMystery

    Click to listen.

    Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Ambient
    Popularity
    8 Views

This is my first serious attempt with a sampled/recorded ambient piece. Since I'm not familiar with the genre I really need to know what people think about it. I'm hoping to incorporate ambiance into my normal, melodic pieces.

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 43
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 12th, 2011 @ 01:32 PM Reply

At 8/12/11 01:13 PM, sweet21 wrote: Man when I joined "review request club" I expected there to be more flash. Nothing but audio, most of the time it feels like im just repeating what I said in my last review. There is so much more depth I can put into flash than reviewing audio....

Yea, then again, those who do submit flash don't seem to check out the forums too often it seems.

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Writer
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 12th, 2011 @ 03:36 PM Reply

At 8/10/11 05:18 PM, SCTE3 wrote: I shall keep this in mind for the future. However putting a cap on the amount of reviews to be submitted by those wanting reviews each week kind of seems bad because less users would request content. I don't think we even hit over 25 very often unless it's summer vacation.

I'm not trying to be a killjoy over this, I just want to make sure that the fair share of flash comes up for review, I mean we're not being douches and getting things to review like There She Is, or Crush The Castle, because that would be overkill, but if there's things out there that we can review and we'll get responses for as well (preferred!), we can all come to some sort of arrangement.


Olympic standard B/Per *** Review Request Club
News
Post Stats Here!

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 43
Musician
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 12th, 2011 @ 04:02 PM Reply

At 8/12/11 03:36 PM, Coop wrote:
At 8/10/11 05:18 PM, SCTE3 wrote: I shall keep this in mind for the future. However putting a cap on the amount of reviews to be submitted by those wanting reviews each week kind of seems bad because less users would request content. I don't think we even hit over 25 very often unless it's summer vacation.
I'm not trying to be a killjoy over this, I just want to make sure that the fair share of flash comes up for review, I mean we're not being douches and getting things to review like There She Is, or Crush The Castle, because that would be overkill, but if there's things out there that we can review and we'll get responses for as well (preferred!), we can all come to some sort of arrangement.

Kind of reminds me of how we had a spotlight review section a long time ago. Users who got 100% could recommend some flash that they thought was underrated for the crew to review. Should we try to bring that back or simply allow members to post some flash content (preferably under 50 reviews you know, so that they can get some good exposure as well) and allow them to request at least 2 per week? I think that would be a nice start anyways.

Kaneda-X
Kaneda-X
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Review Request Club Aug. 12th, 2011 @ 04:24 PM Reply

Just curious, but when will I know that I'm a part of this club?