00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

777,869 Views | 8,816 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-31 19:33:12

Mrty writes

Some very good points

no I want you to review me...and will try to be better about it...sorry

Bipolar Smiley: (:(

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-31 19:59:56

Sorry for not reviewing a lot this week but I was quite busy IRL because of my birthday. Oh well, I managed to get 7 points. Extremely low, I know.

Next week I'm going to review a bit more.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-07-31 23:51:49

NOTE - READ THESE RULES, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST. THEY ARE AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST AND THEY HAVE NEW IMPORTANT RULES!

Hello! Welcome to the new Review Request Club thread. This thread is meant to give the club a fresh start and make it a pleasant place to stay. In order to do this, it goes without saying that you must follow the regular BBS rules and read the C&C Advice Thread before posting if you are new to this forum.

This club aims to increase the exposure of the most under-rated Newgrounds music, art and flash artists. The other major purpose of the club is to offer the Newgrounds artists high quality feedback so they can constantly improve their work.

To the requesters:
Every Newgrounds user is allowed to request a review as soon as he submitted something. To get your work reviewed, don't post here without thinking but follow these few rules:

- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Make no more than 3 Flash and Art requests between two updates (that's one week), and no more than 3 Audio Requests between 5 updates (that's four weeks).
- Please respond to reviews, reviewers like it and some of them are statwho... oh wait, interested in stats.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you requested, or if you requested more than 1 Audio submission, you may not see reviews on your second submission up until 3 weeks after you requested, and you may not see reviews on your third submission up until 4 weeks after you requested.
- Do NOT request without posting a link, be kind, reviewers are not robots.
- Do NOT simply say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.
- Do NOT request reviews for a submission with over 50 reviews.
- Do NOT request reviews for spam. Spam is only there to annoy, not to be critically analyzed.
- Unless you are a club member, only request reviews for YOUR OWN submissions.

To the reviewers:
If you want to join the club and complete requests, simply post in the thread saying you would like to join. Then, regular members will go through your reviews and determine if they are good enough to be part of the club. Your reviews are required to be helpful, developed and well-organised. If you need help with writing good reviews, read Fro's guide to writing helpful reviews.

Once you are accepted, you can start reviewing stuff. If you are a new member of the club, once you understand how the point system works, please post - one or two days before the update - the total points you've earned during the week. This is considered as a sort of application form, and if you fail to do so, you will NOT be added to the club.

Points System:
List updaters will keep track of each member's points in order to build a list. You don't need to post your points before each update but you can keep track of your score on your own so any error can be fixed. This is how points are counted:

5 points for a review on a requested submission (movie, game, art, or audio).
1 point for writing "Review Request Club" at the bottom of a requested review.
3 points for posting at least once throughout the two weeks.
5 points for referring a new member (must mention you in first post).
7 points for reviewing all requests/recommendations between two updates.

Club Updates:
Each Sunday or Monday, a list of all the members is created, counting up their points, featuring various stats and posting a list of requested submissions. Assuming you review the submissions in that list, you will get points for them accordingly in the following members' update, around a week later.

Don't forget the lists are built and updated by humans so it may be possible the update is delayed due to various real life reasons. If it ever occurs, don't get mad; calm down and wait :).

Frequently Asked Questions:

Should we have an FAQ?
I don't know. It kinda seems like overkill.

Why a new thread?
The main idea was to give the club a new and fresh start. Since the old one was flooded by requests and not updated any more, the RRC regulars thought creating a new thread would be best for the club.

Should I link to the club in my forum signature?
There's no obligation to do so, but it's certainly appreciated. Remember that you can put a high number in place of the page number in the URL and if that page doesn't exist yet, Newgrounds will take you to the latest page, whatever it is. For example, "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/107 2042/999" will take you to the latest page of this club.

RRC Signature?
Yes, at the end of each review, if you want you can write down 'Review Request Club'. There is no obligation to do so, but you'll get +1 point if you put the RRC signature in your review. You can add anything you want to it, E.G.: *Review Request Club*, |Review Request Club|, -Review Request Club-, etc, but as long as 'Review Request Club' is clearly written, you will get the point. You are also allowed to add the sig in any reviews other than requests in this club, as long as you are a club member yourself. It's all the more exposure for the club, and it's very much appreciated.

+1 point if I put the RRC signature in my review... I'm not sure if I get it correctly.
You gain 6 points for a review on a request with "Review Request Club" in the end of it, as opposed to 5 points if you hadn't added the signature at the end. If it's still not clear, read this.

Does the Review Request Club review for non-NG stuff?
No. It must be an NG submission. If you have a non-NG submission which you would like us to review, then use your common sense and upload it to NG. Also, we will only review using the 'Write a Review' method on submissions. We won't send reviews by PM, review in your newspost or review in any particular thread of yours.

Do I have to review all the requests?
No you don't have to, just do your best :). Though completing them all will give you 7 extra points.

Which requests should I review?
If you want to get points for the next member's update, look for the latest requests list in the club thread and review the requests from that list. If you review any requests from various posts in the thread which would have been posted after the latest requests list, you will be getting points for the member's update after the next one.

can u review allz mah flashz guise? kthxbai.
No.

If you have more questions, feel free to post about it in the thread or PM a member and if your question is frequently asked, it'll be added to the FAQ.

---

That's all about the club, though this new version of the club couldn't be opened without mentioning the old thread regulars who have made it a great place to spend time. Kudos to Freelance-Magician for creating the original club and to milinko959 for maintaining it for so long. Thanks also to Sonofkirk for starting this new thread and doing many updates.

Have fun!

Useful links: RRC - The point system, clarified, Fro's Guide to Writing Helpful Reviews, Fro's Guide to Writing Good Reviews

Resources: Old Review Request Club thread, Club info, Google.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-01 05:15:47

new link, you do me the reviews on this flash? I would like to hear the opinion of most people!

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-01 07:03:21

At 7/31/10 07:59 PM, ThePigeonMaster wrote: Sorry for not reviewing a lot this week but I was quite busy IRL because of my birthday. Oh well, I managed to get 7 points. Extremely low, I know.

Personally I just review as much as I wish and not worry about points, as they don't serve any real purpose. If you are reluctantly forcing yourself to do reviews, I wouldn't suggest that. We are all here to help people and have fun while at it.

"The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool." -Stephen King

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-01 08:09:30

ROIGHT, here's the request list. Done in superspeedy time as I'm leaving in 15 minutes and have. Not. Packed. xD

Pretty good week this week; the clock crew's absence have meant that the flash numbers are very low, but the art sections looking healthier than ever!

The next member's update I'll be going will be on Sunday 8th. As that is when I'll be back! Have a good week, y'all!

FLASH REQUESTS [2]
Err, a monster? by ZeroGravity
Save your life 3 THE END by ugolegend94

AUDIO REQUESTS [18]
Jeans On the Desk by spartacusxerox
Rock ' Rollshow by ranter
Clouds are raving remix WIP by Agamoka
The Vegan Zombies by Reptiore
Salsa con Carne by camoshark
(FMC) -=Moving On=- by FunkmasterCatking
Kw- 10:14 PM EST by Kaizerwolf
Lizard Blues by The-Hobo-Dude
The Sun Is Up! I'm So... by PabMo
Battle of east trine - TTC CHG by Calamaistr
A new day is rising by jpgregorio
Apathy by MonkeyV
ThePigeonMaster's THeme by Sonofkirk
Runner (Previes) {Dj-Abbic} by DjAbbic
Harmony Dissonance by Kirbyfemur
Hell Cruiser by MobiusIII
Big Red & AOK - Fish Tits by tingtonger
Follow Me [Alt One Four] by aryts0krat

ART REQUESTS [6]
Surprise by up-a-notch
Late At Night by up-a-notch
Mr.McGee by up-a-notch
Me in Chibi by lgnxhll
Self portrit the wall by klik
Gone with the Wind by Spysociety

EXTRA AUDIO [7]
You Just Move by spartacusxerox
--Cold Misty Morning by spartacusxerox
Unsquare by camoshark
Arabes by camoshark
In a nutshell -TTC CHG by Calamaistr
Once Profound by Kirbyfemur
Teh Danger Song by MobiusIII

NOTE:
Requesters who have exhausted their 3 audio requests per month limit are:
Cimba
Hikigane
Mans0n
superuberinsaneausm
borntodj167
aryst0krat
EpicFail
KieranNG
spartacusxerox
camoshark

Please wait til next month before requesting again.

Requesters who have exhauster their 3 flash/art requests per update limit are:
up-a-notch

Please wait til...now! Before requesting again. :)

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-01 08:23:16

At 8/1/10 07:03 AM, mrty wrote:
At 7/31/10 07:59 PM, ThePigeonMaster wrote: Sorry for not reviewing a lot this week but I was quite busy IRL because of my birthday. Oh well, I managed to get 7 points. Extremely low, I know.
Personally I just review as much as I wish and not worry about points, as they don't serve any real purpose. If you are reluctantly forcing yourself to do reviews, I wouldn't suggest that. We are all here to help people and have fun while at it.

Yeah I know what you mean.I forced reviews down my throught last week to complete all the request but this week I won't do as much.ill at least try to get all art,flash and a few audio reviews in but that's all

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-01 10:38:02

I'd like to request the following:

I only have one comment. The John Madden Commentary 2 is an improvement that I made based off of your guy's reviews for the first one. If you personally think it's an improvement then please give it a higher score then you did last time. Apparently Coop thought it was a step down as he gave me a lower score on this one. :P

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-01 12:16:21

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-01 14:14:43

At 7/31/10 06:24 PM, Animith wrote:
At 7/31/10 05:35 PM, SayYourGoodbyes wrote: Hey, I'd appreciate if you guys could review my art. No specific picture, and I don't care if you don't review all 4 of them. One is good enough.

Thank you!
If you want reviews, we actually have to ask you to be more specific than "any" :P
Post a LINK to the ones you want reviewed here and we'll do that for you :P You can submit up to 3 requests every week. :)

Oh my bad.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/sayyo urgoodbyes/olivia-wilde
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/sayyo urgoodbyes/angelina-jolie
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/sayyo urgoodbyes/megan-fox

There's my 3 requests for the week. Thanks all.

well, like, you couldn't, like, find it because, like, you're dumb, god

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-01 17:37:53

At 8/1/10 07:03 AM, mrty wrote: Personally I just review as much as I wish and not worry about points, as they don't serve any real purpose. If you are reluctantly forcing yourself to do reviews, I wouldn't suggest that. We are all here to help people and have fun while at it.

lol, I'm not such a statwhore. I just pointed that since I just made 2 reviews.
I wanted to do more but my birthday was on my way :P

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-01 19:14:00

(!) I get scared everytime from Domo's "you have been banned from the bbs forever!". I'm like, what?

Thanks for inducting me into the club. Much appreciated. Really enjoy being in this club, and hoping to get a 100% this time round. Thanks for welcoming me and treating me as your own.

I'll try and love you all as much as I can. Have a gr8 week, all, and know that love is real!

-SpXer-

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0." | Review Request Club | New Rating System

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-01 20:42:51

Uhh... sorry for double posting, but you don't have to review your own submissions, right? You still get 100% if you don't, right? Hehe :)

Oh, and plus, do you have to review the extra submissions for it to count as 100%, or does that count til next week? Thanks you.

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0." | Review Request Club | New Rating System

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-02 02:10:31

At 8/1/10 05:37 PM, ThePigeonMaster wrote: lol, I'm not such a statwhore. I just pointed that since I just made 2 reviews.

No of course, that's not what I meant.

I wanted to do more but my birthday was on my way :P

Happy birthday in advance.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-02 07:25:02

At 8/1/10 07:14 PM, spartacusxerox wrote: (!) I get scared everytime from Domo's "you have been banned from the bbs forever!". I'm like, what?

'i changed it.Ive been meaning to change my sig I just forget.Its just a little thing I made

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-02 08:46:38

I'm baaaack. Man, I'm all good to go now. Two days of not doing anything felt great on me. I'll review some of these this evening, but I'll be going away in not too long again, for the next weekend. I just hope I can get 100 %.

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-02 09:29:59

At 8/1/10 08:42 PM, spartacusxerox wrote: Uhh... sorry for double posting, but you don't have to review your own submissions, right? You still get 100% if you don't, right? Hehe :)

Oh, and plus, do you have to review the extra submissions for it to count as 100%, or does that count til next week? Thanks you.

You do not have the extra request for 100% but it is still good to do so.I asked that question not to long ago

Also welcome to the club.I hope you have a great enjoyment on this club.i have only been in this club for a month but still love it

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-02 10:04:26

Could you review this?

Hi, I'm a teenager who draws. Call me Wocky.

My deviantArt | My Tumblr | My Pixiv

----

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-02 16:30:33

Hey there, Reviewers. Here is another submission from me.

Should be my last audio for a while, so you might not hear from me again for some time. Anyway, enjoy my audio and leave reviews please :).

<Decky>

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-02 17:49:11

Hi, I would like reviews on this video:

It's a tribute to that flash that seems like spam BUT I was trying to focus more on imitating the timing and the art, so I wouldn't exactly consider it spam.

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-02 19:40:43

Thanks so much for everyone that reviewed my piece but I would be great if you could review my latest submission.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/mabel ma/doubles13-first-contact

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-02 22:13:05

come on animith =D you know you miss my music!

hit a review for me will ya? xP

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-03 01:20:06

Smaller list than usual this time around. I really should of started on it already but went out today. I'll be back on the reviews later on today. I figure those audio guys would fancy some of them.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-03 01:55:55

OMG new list, and I haven't even finished the old one. Could be kinda hard now with my side jpb, but I see what I can do.

At 8/1/10 08:09 AM, Animith wrote: FLASH REQUESTS [2]
AUDIO REQUESTS [18]
ART REQUESTS [6]

Same old... too many audio requests. :(

NOTE:
Requesters who have exhausted their 3 audio requests per month limit are:

Oh my god. 10 users already?

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-03 07:43:58

Watch how I contribute NOTHING to EVERY thread I post in!

My downloadable music | My art.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-03 10:44:14

What happened to the last week's update? I thought it would be posted either yesterday or the day before.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-03 15:06:00

re: look at this please
myy best art

need programmers for game. pm me if your interested.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-03 17:50:40

Bad news - Wont be able to review much, if anything. Computer is having a nervous breakdown, it seems, and I can't access any computers till I get a new one. I've only got a PDA.

Seems like my streak wont be a very long one ):

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-04 01:36:15

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?

Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

Response to Review Request Club 2010-08-04 01:48:04

At 8/3/10 10:44 AM, mrty wrote: What happened to the last week's update? I thought it would be posted either yesterday or the day before.

Animith said something about it on the last page. Since she went on vacation this week she would only make the new list and then do a points update for both lists after she gets back. Most likely it will be on either sunday the 8th or monday the 9th.