00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kiritobaka just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

School Attack Story

50,323 Views | 245 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 03:22:08

At 3/23/09 03:14 AM, Esn wrote:
At 3/23/09 02:34 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/23/09 02:24 AM, RageVI wrote: "newgrounds.com, which is used for sharing music files and user-created animations"

That's better than social networking site, right? I guess they're getting a little warmer!
Most people will never really understand what NG is... I don't even think most people here do. I'll try to sum it up with a front page blurb some day.
Here's my attempt (based on my experience over 5 years):

Newgrounds is an open artistic community that is made up of artists AND non-artists, leaning toward "non-artists" and with a huge grey area between the two extremes.

Well said. Here's mine.

Newgrounds is a community based website consisting of animation, games and music created by the community itself.

BBS Signature

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 03:25:32

Newgrounds is a Cock Joke with a music portal to.

|- I'm on a Boat - Collab -|- List -|- AS3 -|- Game Poll -|

BBS Signature

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 03:27:49

HAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

At 3/23/09 02:21 AM, Evark wrote: NG still exists?

I hope your day will be as bright as the sun!

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 03:31:28

I Was the second poster of that thread. I Had no idea what was about to happen.

SUBMITTING A SIRTOM FLASH RIGHT NOW!!!

BBS Signature

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 03:35:15

Newgrounds is a metaphysical pool of adventure laying in the mystic mountains of cyberspace, inhabited by contemporary internet subcultures.

Also, lmao arsonism
He should've moved to Australia

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 03:45:29

Kudos to Rig for catching up all the information about sirtom93. I guess we won't see sir sirtom for a loooong time.

Let's see the good side of this: This site is mentioned in many site news over the internet which members are really careful and responsible enough to call the authorities when there's an emergency.

Cool.

BBS Signature

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 03:45:48

At 3/23/09 02:59 AM, Rig wrote: You're one of the people I was talking about when I said that there are still groups on the internet who still believe "what happens online stays online". Look up a few articles about the relationship between the internet and "real life", it might do you good.

SHIT, MAYN, BETTER WATCH MY FUCKIN' TAIL OR DIS NICCA BE CALLIN' DA POPO UP ON MY SORRY ASS FO FO FO SHO.

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 04:00:02

WHat is newgrounds you ask?

Newgrounds is an online community of programmers, designers, gamers, flash artists, and many different groups of online messaging posters. Is has millions of unique users who all work together by voting and reviewing eachothers work. It even has a level system for how many times you have voted.

Because of this envirment, users interact with eachother and collaborate to create various movies and games. Other just chat.

Newgrounds.. is... JESUS CHRIST.

Join us on wednsdays sermon.

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 04:22:06

At 3/23/09 02:19 AM, TomFulp wrote: Anyone following our forums or the NG Tweets already knows, but this past week, Rig and fellow NG users thwarted a potential school attack!

I'm giving Kudos to deckheadtottie for this, as he was the initial whistle blower.

Tom, can you give him at least one whistle point for this?

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 04:25:54

Update: Failed to achieve friends.

References: Total Facebook friends: 13

BBS Signature

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 04:30:47

That NY Times article is excellent. It's nice to see NG get in the press for something good again.

Rig for users of the year? =D I'M TAKING BETS NOW.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 04:40:10

I don't get it, sirtom is such a productive NG author, why would he do such a desperate thing?

Yeah, I think he was joking.

my furry stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 05:13:13

I worked hard on it. It won an award! It's like the third award I've won in the 8~ish years I've been on NG. I still have that little diploma thing and T-shirt I won from that calculator I made ages ago.

I used to be relevant.

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 05:17:59

lolskies thank god for the internet once again the people who date pixel's ave saved us lolskies thats pretty kwl newgrounds saved a school its weird to lol

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 06:07:34

At 3/23/09 06:03 AM, deckheadtottie wrote: "On Tuesday morning, we received an anonymous [that's me] call suggesting that one of our students may be planning to do damage to the school. We immediately passed that message to the police."

http://frog.attleboroughhigh.norfolk.sch .uk/index.phtml?d=224865

No front page credit for for poor ol' Joe, though. :(

Don't worry Joe, I will always love you, you're the Booster Gold of Newgrounds which makes you infinity awesome.

Also, I loved how the little twat posted a fucking KMFDM video in response to one of your posts. What is with that band and stupid kids trying to attack schools? It really showed that he was a fairy.

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 06:22:16

At 3/23/09 02:22 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/23/09 02:21 AM, Evark wrote: NG still exists?
And it will long after Digg. :)

Woah, let's not get cocky now. Digg is pretty important.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 06:25:15

As long as a school attack is prevented, everything works out fine.

The deeper you delve, the more strategizing is involved.

BBS Signature

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 06:33:03

At 3/23/09 02:19 AM, TomFulp wrote:
The latest is this NY Times article, which landed on the front page of the Digg Bubble and scored plenty of snarky comments from Diggers who didn't know NG still exists.

NG will long live, tweeter will be nuked, and digg will be ripped apart... by me :)

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 06:44:14

Joking or not i think Sirtom should of had the common sense to just not say (nor show the pictures he did) of what he may or may not of had planned. This day and age is a scary time and people saying things like that deserve to be taken down. I'm sure there will be people that disagree with what i'm saying. I'm sure there will be people that agree. None the less whats done is done. As Mr Fulp said hopefully he finds the help he needs or he learned a HUGE lesson.

Much luv NG.

Wyldfyre1

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 06:45:55

I feel sad that he felt he had to go that far. I am glad no one got hurt though. I think he needs some help before it is too late.

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 06:48:21

Thank God this moron was caught. We don't need any more school killings.

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 06:58:34

At 3/23/09 02:23 AM, GayDorf wrote: pretty sure sirtom was joking.

He had like a knife and gas at school though didn't he?

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 07:08:39

I do hope that nothing similiar like this will never happen again, that Newgrounds wouldn't get any possible bad popularity, because of media twisting stories around. At least this attack was actually reported, because if it wasn't, that would have meant some really bad stuff to Newgrounds.

Just thinking of average media guys reading the article Sirtom started...

But about that digg Tom posted...

terracottapai said:

Everyone knows Newgrounds is soooo 2004.

That guy seriously doesn't know what he is talking about. Seriously.
Newgrounds > YouTube or any other similiar site that started coming up around 2004

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 07:10:36

creative

At 3/23/09 04:17 AM, Piss wrote: That threat was just a diversion. The real thing is set to happen very soon.

Ah, fuck.

I hope your day will be as bright as the sun!

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 07:22:06

At 3/23/09 07:08 AM, Shadowii2 wrote: I do hope that nothing similiar like this will never happen again

I second that. I've been hearing concerns about the 10th anniversary of the Columbine shooting in April. It's actually pretty scary thinking about it. Someone could just copy-cat it out of the blue, you never know.

Let's live our lives please.

BBS Signature

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 07:25:21

At 3/23/09 02:23 AM, GayDorf wrote: pretty sure sirtom was joking.

From the looks of the article, I think he wasn't

BBS Signature

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 07:42:54

At 3/23/09 06:07 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: Also, I loved how the little twat posted a fucking KMFDM video in response to one of your posts. What is with that band and stupid kids trying to attack schools? It really showed that he was a fairy.

Yet another trend started by Columbine.

NO PITY FOR THE MAJORITY

wolf piss

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 07:51:31

At first when you said Norfolk, I thought that you ment Virginia. But no, it's Montreal.

"Some people say 'Fanfiction is gay'. I disagree. It is a measure of your extensive creative prowess and imagination. The people who say it's gay, don't have either."

BBS Signature

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 08:21:57

I've already said it so many times before, but joking or not Sirtom got what he deserved for doing what he did. If it was a joke he took it way too far, if it wasn't then he certainly fails at burning down a school, damn I could do a better job at it with two sticks and some flint. Most likely he's just all messed in the head and wanted some attention, he should get the help he needs.

Now onto the more pressing issue of the Digg users having a dig (DO HO HO) at Newgrounds. Cheek of them, this is the greatest Animation, Games and Audio site on the internet, they're just a bulletin board of mostly crap links. I guess certain people stopped coming here when it evolved onto more advanced animation and games beyond 'Osama in a blender', but I see that as a good thing.

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature

Response to School Attack Story 2009-03-23 08:34:12

At 3/23/09 02:25 AM, ZekeySpaceyLizard wrote: fuck him.

Yesss let the angry flow through you

also, dicks.