Reviews for "Knightin'"

I didn't get to far, the 1/2 heart on a forced respawn kinda killed it for me. I can't back track to farm for health and being a one hit kill constantly isn't too fun for me. Plus I don't know if I'm losing gold by needing more hearts constantly. Need the choose when to save so when I'm doing well I can save then, not when I'm about to K/Oed and entering a room of pure death cause I made mistake along the way.

Wolod responds:

I'll add an option to disable autosave between floors. Or maybe it will be better to restore half of the heath upon respawn? I'll have to decide.

the game screen is way too big, changing the volume (with F2-4 on my keyboard) skips the introduction

Wolod responds:

There is a standalone version with windowed mode option (640x360). Yes, intro can be skipped with the any key on the keyboard. There is nothing too interesting on the intro screen anyway :D

Well, it's certainly basic. Nothing above and beyond my expectations. I do have a few small gripes with it, though. First, never... NEVER should the player need a key to access another key. For this reason, the first level puzzle is completely superfluous. Technically speaking, you can bypass it entirely and lose nothing in the long run. (I know I did when I got frustrated by knowing the puzzle solution but not knowing how or where to input it.)

Second, you wanna know how to break the game? Dash horizontally through a door... yeah, that's all. More often than not, a glitch will occur where your position is displaced on the map. You'll appear to move over one screen, but it will put you back into the room you just came from. And if you try to move up or down a floor after the fact, well... more often than not, you'll end up getting yourself stuck in the wall of the "secret" room on Level 2 (the staircase going from floor 2 to 3 is on the left-hand wall, and there's no door on that side in that particular room). Because of this, it's easy to ruin any save file because climbing any set of stairs automatically saves your game. In other words, you're hard-locked and any progress you made can be thrown out.

Third, and somehow this is the most annoying factor to me, is the Ghost Amulet. I expected my character to flicker or go temporarily transparent while invincible, but without keeping a keen eye on the icon in the top right, I have no idea how much longer my invincibility period lasts.

All in all... it was okay. The whole QR code aspect of the puzzle solving was just stupid, both because it essentially allows you to cheat and because there's no easy way to read a QR code from a Flash game... and even then, the hints were vague. It could've been worse, but it left a lot to be desired.

Wolod responds:

Well, that's a very detailed review. Thanks for pointing out that bug. You depicted it so thoroughly that now it'll be much easier to localize and fix it. Going to fix it soon. Also you complained about Ghost Amulet. Character flashes with white color while invincible. This effect is made by a simple WebGL shader. If you haven't seen it then your browser doesn't support WebGL.

A really good game, but at my first try i couldn't pass the second floor because i used my key on the other door and i couldn't get a second one because of the QR code and the one that i could buy i used on the first floor. Beside that, the game looks great and the music is really nice to hear

Wolod responds:

Glad that you liked the game. Codes contain puzzle solutions, but there is another way to solve them. Alternative hints look like little square holes on the floor. Hints for the first puzzle are located in the bottom room, between QR code room and room with the downstairs. There are 12 blue symbols in the second puzzle, just like the quantity of the rooms on the floor. Some of the rooms on this floor are marked with a hint and some are not. Use these hints and you'll solve it in no time.

why cant i just play this game?? it such a great looking and sounding game, witty and well made, but than there is a QR dynamic that doesn't even work and makes the whole game unplayable . wasted data downloading a QR app and wasted time getting my hopes up . and yes i understand there are 12 tiles and 12 buttons, and tried 37 different things and still nothing. really pulled a skyward sword on this one

Wolod responds:

You should know that codes contain solutions, but there are hints that look like a small square holes on the floor in case if you want to figure out puzzle yourself. Some rooms contain these holes while others not. Light the tiles that have the same position as the rooms with the hints on the floor's map. Now you can solve it in no time.
Also QR codes are completely optional and puzzles as well. You don't need them to complete the game. So your unplayable argument doesn't make sense at all.