Reviews for "Knightin'"

Very good! I like it so much
I personally feel the player a bit slow but I still like it!

Thanks a lot!

I really enjoyed this. QR codes worked just fine for me. I also noticed the hints in the map. I would like to see more. I docked you a half star because a) yeah... the character movement is a little slow and b) the boss wasn't challenging in the least bit. Otherwise 4.5 stars!

What did you use to make this? Any libraries, tech, etc? Love the Zelda-ish dungeon design.

Wolod responds:

Thanks! Glad that you enjoyed Knightin'! I'm a huge fan of early Zelda games myself. Game was made with Construct 2 engine. Graphics were drawn in paint.NET

Very cool! It was fun to play a little game that reminded me a bit of Zelda. It'd be nice to see a sequel of this game with several different bosses, more items, and some other characters. Perhaps even a plot!

On the other hand, if you ever make an extended version of this game then it'd be cool to get a stronger version of each item. A razor sharp sword that could fire projectiles every few seconds, an aegis shield that creates a magical barrier to protect all our sides (but recharges for a moment each time it blocks a hit for us), a sprint ring that lets us dash further, and a wraith amulet that protects us for twice as long.

Wolod responds:

Thanks! Glad that you enjoyed Knightin'!

I was planning to implement upgraded sword and shield, but I didn't have enough time to do it. These features will be definitely included in the extended version.

QR code doesnt even work
you walk WAY too slow (quit after getting the shield) dont give me the sad excuse of "b-but you get a dash ability later" yeah well, its still bad game design if half of the comments imply this is putting people off the game

Wolod responds:

Use alternative hints if QR codes don't work for you. They're not the only way to solve puzzles. Each room is less than 320x180 pixels. You'll be skipping tiles if I increase walking speed much. On the other hand I can speed up the character by 5-10%, but I doubt that anyone will notice much difference.

Great game, but the QR code thing doesn't work. Even trying to figure out for myself, the first was easy but the second one was impossible. At least make something easy for the first levels.

Wolod responds:

Thanks for the feedback! There are only 3 floors, so there's not much space for a smoother difficulty curve. I tested QR codes readability with built-in scanner on my xiaomi phone and it worked fine. I'll try to help you to solve second puzzle. Alternative hints look like little square holes on the floor. There are 12 blue symbols in the second puzzle, just like the quantity of the rooms on the floor. Use these hints and you'll solve it in no time.