Reviews for "Knightin'"

Pls give us a fancy ending

Wolod responds:

I'll think about that :) In a sequel perhaps?

fukin amazing

Thank you!

My absolute favorite, I crave more! The style and feel of this game is everything a player desires out of an adventure game, it feels extremely Zelda-like in the best ways possible. I can't stop playing it over and over, thank you!

Wolod responds:

First of all I'm very glad that you enjoyed my game. Going to release its much longer sequel on Steam very soon (expect free demo on Newgrounds). And I started a new little game for Pixel Day. Hope it won't disappoint you. Comments like this inspire me to create more and better games. Thank you very much!

Its a good start, just kinda lacking. Though knowing that this game is the base demo I have good hopes for it.
Edit: I think I've figured it out after replaying it. Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap is one of my favorite games of all time. So by all accounts I should love this game, however I don't. I can't help but feel like this is a demo to Minish Cap, an alpha. The main problem with the game is the repetitive music. It's not bad at all, just repetitive. Another problem is how much the difficulty spikes when going to the third floor its just too high. Why is the shield in this game so bad? You can't use it to position your character into a more advantageous spot you'd just get hit while trying. I'd recommend fully ripping off Minish Cap's use of a shield, fixed aim in one direction. Even if the shield is garbage in regular combat I expected to need it for the boss. Spoiler I didn't need it. This is my final nit pick, make it so every item found in the dungeon is used against the boss. The only exception to this would be items bought from the shop. I hope this helps, since I want to see more of this style of game.

Wolod responds:

Thanks a lot for this detailed review!
I'm a big fan of old 2D Legend of Zelda games too. Minish Cap had the most beautiful pixel art in the whole series and the growing/shrinking mechanics were brilliant!
Yep, this game isn't perfect. I created it in 16 days and music was made in the last hours before the Pixel Day. I hate the repetitiveness of the main dungeon theme too. I'm working on Knightin'+ right now and I can assure you that it will have completely reworked soundtrack. I'm going to improve the shield usability too in that sequel. And there'll be at least one boss fight where shied will be very useful.
Thanks again for your feedback, it was very helpful. Time to play Minish Cap again on my trusty emulator in order to remind myself how the shield was implemented there ;)

pretty good game, music is a bit repetitive but the gameplay is quite good like a mix of binding of isaac and the original legend of zelda

Wolod responds:

Thanks a lot! Sequel with much more diverse soundtrack is almost done. Expect a demo on Newgrounds soon ;)