Reviews for "Knightin'"

This has amazing pixel graphics, and it has that awesome retro rpg feel to it

Wolod responds:

Thanks a lot! I've put much effort into this game :)

nice dungeon game. very zelda esque. i enjoyed the game play, but i wish there was a description for items before you buy them in the store. also, ive played many games over my life and the boss was easy for me but i could see how a younger audience wouldnt be able to time the fall of the "almost dragon" and get killed rather quickly. art = good but white on yellow paper was really hard to read. music = good but could be a tad longer before it loops. controls = loved the ability to use my xbox controller. overall 4/5 last note, you gotta get a better ending. i was let down more than laughing at the joke

Wolod responds:

Thank you for a very informative review!

The player character should move in all eight directions, limiting movement when the enemies characters don't adds an unnecesary level of dificulty to the game. It's not about having good reflexes but about tiptoing the right angle to hit the enemy from. This is a control limitation that hinders the game.

Wolod responds:

You actually can move diagonally. But attack works only in 4 directions indeed. Yeah, I was too lazy to draw additional attack animations.

It's Zelda, but not as good. You can get any version of the classic Zeldas on emulator for free for any digital platform, or one of the countless modded versions that add new content. I like your work ethic and inspiration, but you should exceed the original title not bow down to it. Or, at least make a distinctive enough title that stands on its own. Cool waste of about two minutes, but that's about it. Thanks for showing your game and I hope you get better. Have a great life.

Wolod responds:

I dreamt of making my own little Zelda. My dream came true. I'm satisfied with what I managed to achieve in 16 days I've spent developing it. Best wishes to you too.

Fine game, although *******SPOILERS******** the BOSS could have a frenzy mode without being very difficult even then. We didn't get to investigate his treasure though... Would be real fun if it was some gold and rotten, reeking underpants that he'd puke up :[]
I spawned in a room with four eye-devils and turrets with only a half life, that was hard! Still fun, a good challenge - and health was somehow added to the respawn even though I kept dying after finding health loot, a good solution. SECOND PUZZLE was very hard, I had to look in the comments [see room layout - find the "0-markings"]. It wasn't totally logical, as the first puzzle was way too easy and seemed to follow just a no-brainer symmetrical pattern. If most people can figure it out alone though, then all the better reward. Liked the humor in the game, but would like if it was more pronounced in other characters, like the clerk, even without words - such as symbols.
Good luck on future games, I'll try more of yours :]

Wolod responds:

Thanks for the feedback! It was a pleasure to read your review.
I was adding puzzles right before the deadline. So I hadn't much time to make a smooth difficulty curve. And I realized that most of the players won't be attentive enough to find hints. That's the reason why I decided to leave solutions inside the game. I hid them in the qr codes to make things a bit more challenging :)
Going to add a feature you'll definitely like: restore part of health (half of the whole pool maybe) upon respawn.
And I'm very glad that you liked my jokes and decided to try my other games. Hope you'll like some of them ;)