Reviews for "Return to the Playhouse"

yes!! thank you for opening the darkest corners of free animation world!

Artfully bizare and brazenly depraving as always! Disturbing and intriguing at the same time, and incredibly detailed. Nice work.

-cd-

Wow, I feel I need a shower after watching this.

That's not weird is it?

Definitely interesting.

Wonderfully bizarre and unnerving. What really rattles my puzzler is the tremendously fine balance in the relationship between sex, death and morality. There's a bleeding edge portrayal of each which flirts with one another in a continuously engaging manner that is generally not explored so freely in other works (or at least, none that I've come across).

I'm genuinely intrigued. After watching your Patron, it seems I'm going to have to jump on the bandwagon. There's a certain twisted beauty behind the thin thread that strings all of the aforementioned elements together and I can't quite put my finger on how you accomplish this magic.

I will say this much though... This definitely smacks of soul food. You are one of the very few people I believe when they claim that something they've wrought is 'from the soul'.

Cheers,
-CO

emily-youcis responds:

Thanks a lot for taking the time to analyze this and exploring the themes. It's so much better than the usual 'woah wtf that wuz weird dood lol wutf.'
I appreciate that you can recognize that this was a labor of the bleeding heart, and comparable to delicious food.
Much Gratitude for you jumpin on that Patreon bandwagon! Oh Jolly Gee, I'll see you in there!

That was SO incredibly weird!