Reviews for "Phoenotopia"

This game is preety Epic. Has a Legend Of Zelda feel to it :)

Awesome Game!!!

100% was a worthwhile challenge.
Combat was a bit clunky.

This is the best flash game of the year! And it's even better than some console games I've played! Is there a player's guide I can see, 'cause I got only 24% completion. Great work for your first game. All my friends tell me that flash entertainment is dead, and this is a classic example of how wrong they are.

Whew, I love this game~ I remember playing it 2 years ago when it just came out~(I only beat it recently because I grew a lot of patience towards 66 lol)

The game mechanics are easy and quick to learn ^^ (though I suck at aiming) but otherwise once you get used to the items it isn't hard to fight bosses and monsters
The story is amazing and I really can't wait for the sequel~ I love how much detail you put into NPC dialogue and mini quests you could do with some~
The medals are relatively easy to get (though I'll never get speed run because of how much of a completionist I am)

Overall, I love this game a lot and spent many hours replaying the game because it is just that great (I think if I can replay a game over and over without tiring of the story then it means you, the creator, did something right)
Looking forward to future works and am here to support! ^^

I have to praise the creator, musicians and everyone who worked on this game for putting together such amazing experience. The story, the characters, the music... Everything is great. As soon as I started I thought it was going to be fun, but my expectations were surpassed.

The amount of secrets and optional quests is very pleasing. Not holding the player's hand in the game is appreciated as well. You only need to actually play, think and investigate to move forward, which ends up with the player caring more for the characters and story. That's good. The Metroidvania style is something I'm very fond of, too.

Difficulty was right, punishing at times, but not a problem if you don't rush through it. I believe this game follows a few "gaming rules" to teach the player something or give them time to learn it themselves before cranking up the difficulty.

Very few games make me feel sort of... sad? When I finish them because they are just so good in every way and this was one of them. I think last time I felt it was after finishing Uncharted 2. Anyway amazing game.

Long review, but this game really does deserve some praise.