Reviews for "Phoenotopia"

Great game loved the game play although i had wished that the tools could be aimed or fired with the mouse. ran into one bug unfortunately, i had to restart my computer and when it came back up my saved was reverted from stage 3 to my first save losings all my progress

If I may say so, this is one of the, if not the, best games on Newgrounds. The compelling story and the graphics really pull this one together. The fighting system is a little hard though (jumping backwards, no forward slash, high mortality rate, couldn't get the aiming right sometimes, BEES xD, etc.) which makes the replayability kinda small. With that said, I really wish I would have finished it, but my data got erased right at the great wall for some reason :(... Great job everyone, hoping for a sequel!

Please, please, pleeeeeeeeeeeeease make a sequel!

I love this old school-like games, it makes me feel nostalgic. Also the story is splendid- Keep up the good work :)

Great game, made me think of the Legend of Zelda a bit. Fun gameplay and nice pixel art.

Also really cool that you even put in support for the Xbox 360 controller! Works really well, too.

There are a few annoyances that I'd like to mention.

One little thing that bothers me is the frogs. They are really hard to hit, especially since the movement is a bit rigid for combat.

There is one small bug: In the options menu (space), there is a button that says 'get save password' but clicking it does absolutely nothing.

**SPOILERS from here on**
There were a few major frustrations. The first frustration is the first boss. When it sucks you toward it, there are water bubble enemies that get sucked towards the same direction, but you can't hit them and walk away from the boss at the same time. Jumping works only sometimes, but if those bubbles and prickly fruits are all around you, it oftenly results in getting hit anyway.

There is one thing you really have to change. In the first dungeon, if you walk past the boss door and go through a regular door, you come into a room with a bunch of frogs in water. If you fall into the water there, you spawn RIGHT NEXT TO A FROG with water to the left and right of you, making it almost impossible to do anything, and soon I was dead.
Especially here it's hard to hit the frogs in the first place, because they jump out of the water and there are several of them. If you're on a small platform with water on the other side as well, you CANNOT hit the frog and the only thing that can happen is that you fall into the water, then spawning right next to the frog again. I died many times in this room! :'(

Thank you for this wonderful game!