Reviews for "I Can't Escape"

Good golly, this is such a chilling game! The graphics on it are awesome, and the music is absolutely stunning! Every time it changed, I at first thought it was cool, then boy was it foreboding!

Jeez did the wall eyes creep me out! Heheh, reminded me a bit of Soul Edge.

I dont get how this is scary. is there a monster after some point or something? also, i see how your using the grid for motion, but it feels so clunky and awkward to walk/turn like that...

ugh

PEWDIEPIE NEEDS TO PLAY THIS I GOT SCARED SHITLESS!!!

davidmaletz responds:

That would be pretty awesome if he did! Maybe I should ask him...

So after a couple hours on this game. First The level seems to change after you get so far making it very difficult to back track and know you direction. Good for theme of the game bad for actual game play. If you had some way to lock the level in such as "after collecting so many keys the level locks into a design" I would enjoy it more or you could make it based on the eyes "where if they see you they start changing the level around and you can destroy them to start locking areas into certain designs."
Thematically the game was excellent. Nerve racking and extremely disorienting putting the player exactly where you appear to be wanting them.

No plot so can't review that aspect of the game.

Music and sound effect helped develop the theme and environment so full points on that.

So overall review is going with 4 stars. The only reason I am taking 1 star away is that you seemed to sacrifice on actual game play to increase the theme of the game. While the sacrifice is not terrible it does detract from the game and make it almost pointless to keep playing as by the end it just feels like I am just rolling the dice with the random level generator until it finally creates a path out. But other than that GREAT GAME!!!

Hah, i beat it, Pretty crazy game. i feel like it punishes you every time you don't pay attention. Was for sure i was gonna cry that last game... Great game though, very... Labrithy, wish there was like something chasing you though, to force a rush.