Reviews for "I Can't Escape"

THAT'S IT! i give up! you win Mr. i want to scare the crape out of you and did! its a vary good flash game, it reminds me of that old computer sleep screen where the computer placed you in a maze and the computer would simulate you going through it. Its like that but Saw gave it a make over. The only thing that i could really complain with out sounding like an a$$, is that there should have been more things to pop out at you. The thing that got me was that it sounded like some one was following me but there wasn't anyone there. i think it would have been cool too be walking along and start to hear some one, you look around only to catch a glimpse of it falls out of view, OR! have something wondering around the place that comes out once in a blue moon and if it touches you it would send you to a random place in the dungeon. Now this a fun game... i just don't think its as great as it could have been. keep up the good work :)

S.A. Follow the White ghost. i think it will lead you out.

Good game, overall. Graphics and music are top notch and the atmosphere is really good. However:
- Those hidden pits are pure evil. They're nearly invisible and there's nothing in-game that could possibly reveal their existence to the player. That means a lot of undeserved punishment and frustration for newcomers.
- The ghosts are even worse than the invisible pits. They have the tendency to pop-up on you passing through walls, often when you are mid-movement, and the player can't possibly prevent it any way. I think they would be better as atmospheric effects rather than enemies.
- The gameplay lacks urgency, which would increase tension and, in my opinion, will make the gameplay better.

So many secret passageways....so little time..

Creepy and interesting concept.
I played this for about 15 minutes, in a dark room with headphones and volume at max. But unfortunately, the game failed to give me what I expected.
I'm a huge fan of cheap jump scares and although this sets the mood for some, it doesn't actually deliver.
Other than that, it was pretty nostalgic - the maze screen saver revisited in a game format.
The sounds were pretty good and they got me covered in goosebumps as in Silent Hill.
The slow and painstaking movement and the lack of a clear direction to move in (or hints) made it unbearable to me.
Add a few jump scares and a faint notion of an exit, and you've got a great retro horror in your hands.
Huge scope for improvement. Best of luck and cheers !

I don`t think the keys work propperly, I saw a door with a ladder on the other side. (Untrapped and all)
But of course the door wouldn`t open. Then I went around the corner, and foud a key. I went to the dor with the ladder aigan, but it still didn`t open. Does the key work in another way than I think it does, or is it a bug? At least I think you can just run into the door when you got a key, then it will open.
Also, if you could add it somewhere so that we can see how many keys we got, that would have been great.
Overall, I love the game, I was actually planning making a similar game myself sooner or later with a slightly diffrent mechanic. This scared me A LOT the first time, then it was like scary and all, but something`s missing.

davidmaletz responds:

Hehe, it's no bug - some doors cannot be unlocked with keys, and some people think the keys don't do anything at all! The keys do something, but it might not be exactly what you'd expect!

No HUD necessary for this game, you're meant to be lost and confused. You can try to keep track of everything in your head, but that will likely only make you more lost and confused! The game is definitely scariest the first time, if you're starting to get used to the game, you should try to escape (see this post: http://www.indiedb.com/games/i-cant-escape/news/can-you-escape ).