Reviews for "Zombocalypse"

Great game

I wouldve gaven it atleast a 9 but who in there right mind calls a sniper rifle "sniper gun" Ugh that just irriated the hell outta me!!! ITS A SNIPER RIFLE!!! You will not hear anyone refer to a sniper rifle as a sniper gun....GRRRRRRR

Spend long hours on this one

This is a fairly simple game, but the killing gets you hooked on it for hours. Although I feel that there are things that could be improved.

The upgrades to the weapon only adds to their ammo clip. Sure, it helps from the beginning of game to mid game. Once you get to 3000+ kills, the amount of zombies pouring out is pretty overwhelming for the ammo clip given. Added damage should be included.

To add on top of that, the zombies' life gets longer as you progress with the killings. At 3000+ kills, to kill a normal zombie, it'll take me 3 hacks of the machete. At this point of time, machete is pretty much my main weapon because I ran out of bullets really fast (The zombies can take alot of bullets by then) and I have issues with some of the guns.

There are weapons with too long cooldowns, it does not feel so in mid game. But when it's at the latter part of the game, Shotguns and Sniper Rifles are useless. Actually, I stopped picking up Sniper Rifles since mid-game.

Sniper Rifles are slow, and they do not really penetrate much, roughly only about 3-4 zombies? And their barrels are so long, I cannot shoot enemies in front of me. This is a big deal in later parts of the game. This is the worst weapon in the game.

Miniguns are useful despite them having long barrels like Sniper Rifles, they really could dent the population of the zombies on your screen. The bad thing is, they slow you down, way too much in my opinion. It's really impossible to run away from the Running Zombies once one of them bites you. You gotta lose that Minigun or summon help from above. Which sucks really since they do not drop that often. At least in my experience.

No matter how skillful one is with the machete, you'll still find yourself relying on the weapon crates. As the stage progress, it takes too many slashes of the machete to kill a zombie. Either the machete's swing speed/damage should be heightened.

To be fair, I did not get the last 3 weapons unlocked, maybe those final 3 weapons are God-like? And the hordes don't look so overwhelming anymore.

sniper gun?

Great game, but seriously... it's a sniper rifle, or rather, sniper rifle has a better ring to it. Content, achievements, weapons and everything else is nice!

amusing to say the least

I liked it, but it could have been awesome if you could rank up and then had to pay to unlock the weapons or something. My only real complaint is that if somehow the zombies got close enough to hit you when you had the sniper rifle or mini gun you had to run away to get them into a kill zone, and with the mini gun you couldn't run fast enough, especially with the purple ones. I laughed every time it said "sniper gun" haha good work overall.

I love me some zombie games but...

There were a couple things i noticed that if they had been changed would have received 10/10. As claysts pointed out the sniper rifle and minigun were useless on zombies that were right up on you. This lead to several deaths that I just had to grit my teeth and take because I literally couldn't kill my attackers. A possible melee alt-fire would have solved this problem or maybe a 'drop weapon' button so you could wipe out your machete and kill closer up enemies. Next, not that this is a bad thing per se, I found an exploit where, while you have the sniper rifle equipped if you fired in one direction and quickly hit the opposite direction it would fire one bullet in both directions. This was very useful in my sniper technique where I would just stand in the middle and spam fire to clear the edges of zombies. A different upgrade system might have been better, again like claysts said. Overall good game enjoyed the minecraft and solid snake skins quite a bit in my experience :)