Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "The Rise of a Knight"

Are you kidding me? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?

This is amazing! You came up with this all by yourself? Give yourself a pat on the back. This is one of the deepest storylines I've ever seen in a flash game. The graphics could do a little work, but that's just a minor tweak to made later on. This is just friggin' amazing, and I can't wait for a sequal.

Thanks a lot!
I dont know if I'll be able to make the graphics much better because of my skills and I also have to think of how the game will run on the internet. More and better graphics can cause it to lag very much. Im so glad you liked the storyline, and Im currently working on a sequel...

ehhh

ehhh its a okay game but ive played better

SeethingSwarm responds:

Okay. Cool that you kinda liked it...

Good

Its pretty good but it doesnt quite have enough variety as far as things like weapons go.

Thanks for the review!
Yup, only one sword. I agree that upgrades would have made this game much more fun, but I was pressured by time and filesize. Glad you liked!

Cool

If you wait for the monster to strike than attack with the quick slash, you'll be able to beat the game easily. Use the super move when ever you can in a boss battle and whenever you want when walking around.When's the third coming?

SeethingSwarm responds:

Thanks. Great that you liked the game!
The Third? This was the first one! A sequel is currently under construction...

Good

The game and gameplay has a good story, enemies, and attacks. I think this is a good game, in general. On an unrelated note: did anybody else notice how much of a douche the guard was? He's on an important mission, and he's being noble and such, but he always double-crosses non-human characters in the dialogue. Usually, the double-cross is promising not to kill them in exchange for info, and then killing them anyway.

SeethingSwarm responds:

Who said the guard was perfect or even a good guy? Humans arent perfect in real life, I wanted to make it a bit different than the usual game where the main character is always a goody tooshoes. This is medieval times where people are not as "civilised" as we are, and they see goblins as a menace.

Anyway, sorry you didnt like that. The guard is just doing what he thinks is best. Sometimes he is a bit unmerciful, but comparing to what they did to the other guard and also how important the princess is, I think his actions can be justified. I mean, he's under a LOT of stress. There's always the factor that he can also see his situation in the game as an opportunity. If he can rescue the princess, there might be big rewards. I'll let the gamer decide on what goes on in the guard's head.

Thanks for the review and Im glad you liked the game!