Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "The Rise of a Knight"

great

what more can I say?
Maybe put more moves and the ability to take weapons from your enemies, like in Achilles?
When will you make the sequel?

SeethingSwarm responds:

I've just played Achilles today for the first time. It got boring quickly, but there are some really good concepts and ideas and I can see how many people will find pleasure out of it. I am busy making the sequel and taking all of the reviews in consideration. It might take a long time for the sequel to be finnished. The Rise of a Knight took quite a few months!

Thanks for the review! Glad you liked it!

haha,,

first let me say the cheat here... all melee(exept for the bosses ofcourse) attackers can be easilly killed just by holding the fast attack button from afar thus making the game easier and lessening the thrill... but that doesnt make it easy^^, and not thrilling,, ummm, one more thing here is it is just a hack and slash game, and just like the other reviewers say, no upgrades, no other weapons, no combos, haha but on the other hand i think you guys are just making it realistic at some point, like how will it have upgrades and other weapons, but still, that would make the game greater,, ummm, dont worry about the stun effect-when-you-got-hit thing like the others hates, i think it is for the balance of the game,, haha, i'll wait for the rise of a knight 2... and im not expecting it alone^^...

SeethingSwarm responds:

I think for the sequel I will change it so that you can still attack while being hurt, but maybe not with all attacks. The combat system needs a makeover, because too many people have had problems with that. Im not the best coder at all, but I think I have improved a lot and can make the sequel more exciting and enjoyable...

Thanks for the review. Glad you liked the game!

Its pretty fun

I lke it but its missing something.

SeethingSwarm responds:

Okay, cool that you liked it. Hopefully I can somehow provide that missing thing when the sequel comes out...

excellent

very good game.

Thank you!

Nice work

Really Good game, the only thing i can say is that you should fix one problem which was the only one i could find with the game that was in grimwood forest these 2 wolves came at me at different times so that there attacks bisected eachothers interval and i got caught and couldnt move or attack because the attacks came so fast and thats the only reason i gave it a 9 the only thing i can think of to fix that is to make it so that u can still attack while being attacked but really good animations and gameplay just an over all good job

SeethingSwarm responds:

I thinks its a very good idea to be able to still attack while being hurt. Thanks for that one! I'll keep that inconsideration for the sequel. Thanks for the review and the high scrore! Glad you liked it!