00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JohnDickard just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club

75,768 Views | 619 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-10-12 22:51:55

Still can't get over how beautiful this tune is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mhnhxDt_
7E

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-10-18 18:34:39

Big time bass head (can never seem to get bored of DnB), part time producer (I do what I can with what I have). Some of my favorites include: Calyx, Dieselboy, Black Sun Empire, Concord Dawn, Venetian Snares, Photek, Bassnectar, and Cyberoptix

-Just a few of my favorite tracks

"Sabotage" Cyberoptix

"Frictional Nevada" Venetian Snares

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-10-23 20:01:48

Big tune from the new Shogun Audio album, Way of the Warrior:

Foreign Concept & Bringa - Cemetery

If you're into dark DnB I'd highly recommend this album.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-10-25 13:39:39

Page 30 Playlist

I'm getting a little thread management OCDF I think, so I'm putting up all the recommendations from the last page on here all in one place so they're easier to find / direct other people to. In personal news, I've been working as bar supervisor now for about 6 weeks at quite a large club in Manchester, and we've secured the contract with Hit & Run which is probably the biggest / best night in manc for dubstep and drum & bass, it's been going for about 5 years and consistently books some great electronic music talent. Which essentially means that I'm now getting free access to this awesome night and getting a sick drum & bass / dub soundtrack to work to every week ;)

Anyway!!! Enough rabbiting on. Here's some new tracks from me and the best from the last few months.

Drum & Bass

Alix Perez - Contradictions

Balaclava - NuTone

Foreign Concept & Bringa - Cemetery [HD]

At 10/23/11 08:01 PM, NEVR wrote: Big tune from the new Shogun Audio album, Way of the Warrior:

This is sick mate.

Jungle

Congo Natty Ft Top Cat - Police In Helicopter

Cotti & Doctor - Rise the Temperature

Visonary - Soundboy Burial (Benny Page Remix)

Dubstep

The Others - Planet X

Soap Dodgers - The Four

(One of my favourite tunes at the moment!)J:Kenzo - The Roteks

Cyberoptics - Sabotage

Other

reggae / dubstep / electronic music festival Outlook
Venetian Snares - Frictional Nevada
Boto - Tentacle Wounds

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-10-25 13:41:44

At 10/25/11 01:39 PM, Fim wrote: Page 30 Playlist

I'm getting a little thread management OCDF *

* Sad state of affairs when you can't type OCD correctly :((

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-10-26 17:26:26

Gonna try to see Borgore on Saturday, but we'll see how things go. The friends I'm going with only like UKFdubstep stuff... and they don't like Borgore... so...

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-10-26 17:43:37

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-10-27 00:31:53

At 10/25/11 01:39 PM, Fim wrote:
Cyberoptics - Sabotage

Glad you mentioned this. I sometimes feel like I'm the only person whose ever listened to Cyberoptics. Very underrated imo, especially since Skrillex and UKF dubstep seems to take all the attention.

Also, I think I posted that same link when I joined the club.

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-10-27 10:29:44

At 10/27/11 12:31 AM, Psil0 wrote:
At 10/25/11 01:39 PM, Fim wrote:
Cyberoptics - Sabotage
Glad you mentioned this. I sometimes feel like I'm the only person whose ever listened to Cyberoptics. Very underrated imo, especially since Skrillex and UKF dubstep seems to take all the attention.

Also, I think I posted that same link when I joined the club.

Yeeeeh mate I stole that link from you, it's alright ;) I try and collect all the best tunes from each page and organise them in a single post on the next page.

I completely agree tbh, in the last few years the type of dubstep has been put into the mainstream has sadly been the crappiest UKF sort of shit :(

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-10-31 20:00:17

saw pendulum last weekend... uhh... shit sucked tbh.

bad times all around, fucking kandi kids sitting on the floor getting light shows going rughdjsgdshdsj with their eyes rolling back in their head.

didn't even stay for borgore.

starting to hate socal raves. you uk guys got it so much better from what i've seen.

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-10-31 20:10:20

At 10/25/11 01:39 PM, Fim wrote: This is sick mate.

Last I checked the whole album was up on YouTube. Cemetery is probably my personal favourite from the album but they're all stompers to be fair. Prime Shogun tunes.

At 10/31/11 08:00 PM, Rallard wrote: saw pendulum last weekend... uhh... shit sucked tbh.

lol fuck that

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-11-08 06:53:48

Camo and Krooked - Cross the Line (feat. Ayah Marar)

Some pretty good stuff my friend linked me to earlier today.

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-11-14 21:48:03

This one baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Kryptic Minds - Badman VIP (HQ Mixcut)

SBTRKT - Wildfire

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-11-15 15:24:56

I didn't know this club existed :)

Well i personally don't see much in DnB apart from it's the bastard son of Jungle.
And Dub step...1 in every 1,000 tunes i hear i like...

But now Jungle!

We all know the big names, Congo Natty, Cutty Ranks JOhnny Jungle etc etc.

But who likes it a bit harder?!!!

Yes? Well here it is.

Tip of the iceberg.

It's such a shame when i go to clubs and all i get is morbid Dub-Step or weak, repetative DnB. I need something i can truly go fucking bat shit crazy too , and this is my fix.

Piss

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-11-17 17:59:29

At 11/15/11 03:24 PM, mansellscore wrote: I didn't know this club existed :)

Well i personally don't see much in DnB apart from it's the bastard son of Jungle.
And Dub step...1 in every 1,000 tunes i hear i like...

But now Jungle!

We all know the big names, Congo Natty, Cutty Ranks JOhnny Jungle etc etc.

But who likes it a bit harder?!!!

Yes? Well here it is.

Tip of the iceberg.

It's such a shame when i go to clubs and all i get is morbid Dub-Step or weak, repetative DnB. I need something i can truly go fucking bat shit crazy too , and this is my fix.

At least you're lucky enough to hear some drum and bass. Over here in the states, it's all about Dubstep, House, and Electro. Out of the 10 or so raves I went to this year, I only heard any form of breakbeat music once and it was a very short set of DnB.

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-11-20 10:08:47

At 11/17/11 05:59 PM, Psil0 wrote:
At least you're lucky enough to hear some drum and bass. Over here in the states, it's all about Dubstep, House, and Electro. Out of the 10 or so raves I went to this year, I only heard any form of breakbeat music once and it was a very short set of DnB.

Odd, we are both swamped with everything but what we want.

I can sort of see DnB dying now over here, well at least in my town.
It's slow, but innevitable seen as Dub-Step is taking over everything.
Wonder what the next sub-genre to fall off of these will be??

But fuck it all, Jungle isn't dead and that's what i care about.

Piss

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-11-20 11:58:16

At 11/20/11 10:08 AM, mansellscore wrote:
At 11/17/11 05:59 PM, Psil0 wrote:
Odd, we are both swamped with everything but what we want.

I can sort of see DnB dying now over here, well at least in my town.
It's slow, but innevitable seen as Dub-Step is taking over everything.
Wonder what the next sub-genre to fall off of these will be??

But fuck it all, Jungle isn't dead and that's what i care about.

Nah, DnB won't die. It's always kind of been under the radar when compared to the other electronic genre. I think dubstep will slowly fade though. It might seem strong, but that's mostly because it caught fire quickly. It doesn't have the sustainability that DnB (and Jungle) have. And that's mostly because those two maintain and build a consistent fanbase over time rather than catching as a fad (which dubstep is now turning into).

Also, no genre of music ever truly dies.

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-11-20 15:45:22

At 11/20/11 11:58 AM, Psil0 wrote:
Nah, DnB won't die. It's always kind of been under the radar when compared to the other electronic genre. I think dubstep will slowly fade though. It might seem strong, but that's mostly because it caught fire quickly. It doesn't have the sustainability that DnB (and Jungle) have. And that's mostly because those two maintain and build a consistent fanbase over time rather than catching as a fad (which dubstep is now turning into).

Also, no genre of music ever truly dies.

I was exagerating a bit.

You're right, no Genre ever truly dies.
And yes, Dubstep did catch quickly and effectivly on the scene.
Unfortunately because it is so damn main stream and fad like, when i go to the select couple of events and gigs i want to it's flooded with chav twats and pretty boys who think they are boss.
Shame, ruins the atmosphere most of the time.

I agree also and have been saying you can feel Dub's' flop coming in your waters.
I feel it's running out of places to go, RnB, Club, Rap/Hip-Hop and even Indie are all dipping their fingers in.

This one i feel is a little
Hybrid.

Bong Ra is heavy shit.

Piss

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-11-20 15:48:12

At 10/31/11 08:00 PM, Rallard wrote: saw pendulum last weekend... uhh... shit sucked tbh.

bad times all around, fucking kandi kids sitting on the floor getting light shows going rughdjsgdshdsj with their eyes rolling back in their head.

starting to hate socal raves. you uk guys got it so much better from what i've seen.

Pfff...I saw Pendulum live around 3 and 1/2 years ago. They were actually pretty good back then.
But slowly they got milked, slipped into the main stream and began to love providing what was expected to stay drowning in the money.

Piss

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-11-26 09:28:58

At 11/20/11 03:45 PM, mansellscore wrote:
This one i feel is a little
Hybrid. Bong Ra is heavy shit.

I'm feeling this one bruv!!

I've been listening to a load of experimental shit recently, so this is going to be a little bit of a weird playlist. But anyaywayway -

Mumdance - Smasher

P-Money - Blackberry (UK Grime)

todd edwards - never far from you - I'd usually NEVER post any house music in this thread, but this is a slick tune, and imo genre is definitely secondary to whether or not the tune is good or not.

COMPA - BEGINNING This is some dubstep that my mate's been making, he's got sets on rinse FM and shit so it's getting semi big exposure, from all the mates I've got that produce I'd put him easily at the top, but have a listen and see what you think.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-11-28 12:34:24

At 11/20/11 03:48 PM, mansellscore wrote:

Pfff...I saw Pendulum live around 3 and 1/2 years ago. They were actually pretty good back then.
But slowly they got milked, slipped into the main stream and began to love providing what was expected to stay drowning in the money.

I think Rob Swire wanted to get away from just being DnB and develop into more electronic rock (like they did). It really has nothing to do with money (even if you think it). Pendulum going to electronic rock opened them up to a larger fanbase. I mean it's hard to be extremely original when your sound is confined to the boundaries one of genre and you're bound to lose fans within that genre if you try something new (since most DnB enthusiasts tend to be purists).

Honestly, I like Pendulum. But I'd never consider them DnB (at least not after Hold Your Colour). They still have DnB elements, but overall they're electronic rock.

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-12-01 22:02:55

Well i've gone through most of the tunes in here now.

Mannn i had to go get my system and hook it up to my laptop for some of these, fucking heavy guys i like.

Anyone do Raggacore in here? I beleive it's the subgenre of jungle and Breakcore combined.
It's like crack man and i've taken an insurance out on my pipe.

And shit what more could you want?

Side note: I went to The Dirty Weekender in Bangor,WAles this Aughust gone, Nikki Blackmarket vomitted all down himself. And FuntCase fuckkkking dropped it.

Piss

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-12-03 23:28:30

SUM SADURDAI NYT RUM AND BRASS MOOSIK FO YA EARHOWLS BWWWWWAAAAAAAAR

Skeptical - Process of Elimination

Noisia - Soul Purge ft. Foreign Beggars

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-12-09 12:52:09

Found this article today, Who Killed Dubstep? it's one of the better analytical blogs that I've read about the subject, and includes the line Slowly but surely, we're moving in to something that sounds like dubstep, but basically has none of the elements that defined the genre to begin with. which I think is a very perceptive point.

Recently I thought of the metaphor of dubstep being like a child; when it first started out it was something that you cared about and everything they did was new and special, but it has since grown up into a grotty spoilt teenager, and it's started wearing stupid clothes, and hanging out with the wrong crowd, and even though deep down you still love it, you're ashamed at the way its perceived by the majority of society. :(

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-12-11 20:40:37

Invested in some half-decent headphones for making tunes with. Just started a nice little jump up tune with a sample from 'No Country for Old Men'.

When I've finished my current job (xmas eve) I'll hopefully have enough time to get my shit together and finish some of my works-in-progress, and then create a soundcloud account to link you guys to.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-12-15 12:10:46

At 12/11/11 08:40 PM, NEVR wrote: Invested in some half-decent headphones for making tunes with. Just started a nice little jump up tune with a sample from 'No Country for Old Men'.

I'm sure there's already a dub tune that used that sample :)
DZ - Old Timers

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-12-15 19:09:02

At 12/15/11 12:10 PM, Fim wrote:
At 12/11/11 08:40 PM, NEVR wrote: Invested in some half-decent headphones for making tunes with. Just started a nice little jump up tune with a sample from 'No Country for Old Men'.
I'm sure there's already a dub tune that used that sample :)
DZ - Old Timers

Different sample bro. I ripped a few different samples from the coin toss scene.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-12-22 09:35:48

At 12/15/11 07:09 PM, NEVR wrote:
DZ - Old Timers
Different sample bro. I ripped a few different samples from the coin toss scene.

Cool beans :) Let us know when you've finished it and I'll lend it my ears

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-12-23 20:00:50

At 12/22/11 09:35 AM, Fim wrote:
At 12/15/11 07:09 PM, NEVR wrote:
DZ - Old Timers
Cool beans :) Let us know when you've finished it and I'll lend it my ears

Yeah I haven't had much time to work on my shit lately, employment sucks all the time out of my life. I'll post some of my tunes when I've pulled them together a bit more.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2012-01-01 05:06:17

BadKlaat - Freq Skank

Proper tune. Skanking like a badman.