00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ParallaxDraw just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club

75,637 Views | 619 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-07 16:45:50

UKF is really starting to irritate me :(

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-07 17:25:05

At 12/7/10 04:41 PM, SineRider wrote:
Awesome man. I really enjoyed the mala and synkro tunes. Checking out more by them. I really like this style of dubstep so much more than the typical flithstep/brostep. It probably helps I'm a huge fan of ambient music.

no worrys bruda :) I'm the same, I used to listen to alot of aphex twin and the like before I ever heard dubstep. I don't think you can completely discredit all of that heavier dubstep because there is the odd decent track, but this is the main sort of dubstep I listen to thesedays.

Also think you might like starkey

At 12/7/10 04:42 PM, Syztm wrote:
Great read, and a really good point you brought up.
Let's hope this doesn't continue, since dubstep is a great genre. It should stay relatively underground though.

aye, I don't think there's alot you can do to keep something underground once it's been promoted somewhat by the mainstream, I'm not totally pessimistic tho, we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-07 17:39:53

At 12/7/10 05:25 PM, Fim wrote: no worrys bruda :) I'm the same, I used to listen to alot of aphex twin and the like before I ever heard dubstep. I don't think you can completely discredit all of that heavier dubstep because there is the odd decent track, but this is the main sort of dubstep I listen to thesedays.

Well I didn't mean I hated it. When I'm in the right mood, I can't get enough of it. I especially like Koan Sound and Bar 9. Also, Aphex Twin is my all time favorite artist. So much inspiration from him. By the way, your name always makes me think of the song Flim by him.

Also think you might like starkey

That was pretty cool. I have heard of starkey before, but haven't heard much. I like the syntheic sound of that song. Kind of an analogue-like sound.

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-11 21:16:27

BENJI B'S GUIDE TO DUBSTEP
Benji B takes you on a musical journey through dubstep, from Oris Jay to Magnetic Man..

This is definitely recommended for any Dubstep fan (old and new!). Featured on BBC's alternative music station BBC Radio 1Xtra, 10 years of Dubstep packed into 120 minutes. It's actually an awesome listen, chronologically starting year by year with tracks from Horsepower Productions and Kode 9, to Skream and Benga etc. upto Chase and Status, Coki, Plastician to modern dubstep.

The tracklisting is on the link below, but when the link changes to accomdate for the current week, here it is on Pastebin.

LISTEN ( You have 7 days )

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-12 08:35:02

At 12/11/10 09:16 PM, Jon wrote:

thank you for that!

At 12/7/10 05:39 PM, SineRider wrote:

loving your name.

You laughing at me? YOU LAUGHING AT THE BEST!

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-12 16:23:45

I REALLY loved getting blazing some dubstep.

Fave songs: Krunkstep - shifta
Sunlight - modestep

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-13 16:26:02

At 12/11/10 09:16 PM, Jon wrote: BENJI B'S GUIDE TO DUBSTEP
LISTEN ( You have 7 days )

Fuck me, I havent heard a mix this tight for a long time. It's like a "who's who" of dubstep, I like the fact he's mixed it in chronological order, you can really appreciate how the sound has progressed. Good find man! You know if there's a place I can download this?

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-13 19:12:41

semi relevant :) borgore plays drums

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-13 19:20:38

At 12/13/10 04:26 PM, Fim wrote: Fuck me, I havent heard a mix this tight for a long time. It's like a "who's who" of dubstep, I like the fact he's mixed it in chronological order, you can really appreciate how the sound has progressed. Good find man! You know if there's a place I can download this?

http://hotfile.com/dl/88846167/883ed30/1 f4999624e7097e58c550f10d8ad063e.rar.html

Password: afterpre.com

Haven't tested it, downloading now. Assuming it's the right one. Else, look for a tutorial to rip radio from the BBC iPlayer, this should be alright, though.

I agree, I loved hearing the evolution of the sound.

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-13 19:22:19

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-13 19:32:51

Triple Post, confirmed for genuine :).

Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-13 22:48:49

At 12/13/10 07:20 PM, Jon wrote: http://hotfile.com/dl/88846167/883ed30/1 f4999624e7097e58c550f10d8ad063e.rar.html

Password: afterpre.com

Whoa, awesome. Downloading right noa

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-14 09:01:14

At 12/13/10 07:12 PM, Fim wrote: semi relevant :) borgore plays drums

i always loved borgore's epic drums in his tunes.

don't know why but never have i got bored of borgore's dubstep tunes

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-14 18:27:02

At 12/13/10 07:32 PM, Jon wrote: Triple Post, confirmed for genuine :).

cheers for that bro :)

At 12/14/10 09:01 AM, Bendt wrote:
i always loved borgore's epic drums in his tunes.

He used to drum in a death metal band apparently.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO LISTEN TO THIS. N-Type - Early Door Jaw

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-14 23:41:33

Just heard this songtoday. Oh man is it intense

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-15 06:22:51

Listening to All 3 Volumes of Skreams "Freeizm" packs, never got round to it before, some nice chilled remixes and unreleased tracks from over the years..

I really underrate Skream. The only other tracks I had from him is Raw Dogz (bomber!) and the Pow 2011 remix.

As far as I'm aware, Borgore is still drumming in the band Shabira with fellow producer tomba.

At 12/14/10 09:01 AM, Bendt wrote: don't know why but never have i got bored of Borgore's dubstep tunes

Meh, his stuff gets really samey after a while, but I think listening to Borgore is great for introducing someone to Dubstep before easing into more material.

At 12/14/10 06:27 PM, Fim wrote: EVERYONE NEEDS TO LISTEN TO THIS. N-Type - Early Door Jaw

Woahhh, nice track! Gonna find a download of that now. Thanks for the posting. On that subject, where do you guys usually go about for getting your tracks?

At 12/14/10 11:41 PM, SineRider wrote: Just heard this songtoday. Oh man is it intense

Ohhhh the bass on that is nice and deep! Will be keeping an eye on this producer

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-15 12:48:01

At 12/15/10 06:22 AM, Jon wrote:
Woahhh, nice track! Gonna find a download of that now. Thanks for the posting. On that subject, where do you guys usually go about for getting your tracks?

If you want to download tunes.
also this

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-15 14:56:51

Arr, I use mrtzcmp3, it's very convenient, not just for Dubstep and Breakbeat, too. Cheers for the second link, I'll give it a whirl.

Sometimes I check Squitty Bubbler for some free tracks, but mostly use Warez-DnB

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-15 22:40:07

At 12/15/10 06:22 AM, Jon wrote:
As far as I'm aware, Borgore is still drumming in the band Shabira with fellow producer tomba.

Meh, his stuff gets really samey after a while, but I think listening to Borgore is great for introducing someone to Dubstep before easing into more material.

This.

It's strange at the diversity of backgrounds that dub artists have come from, as far as I'm aware, ikonika and stenchman used to be massive moshers before they came onto the dubstep scene.

I'll give you all a little gem here, if you go on www.zamzar.com/url, paste the url of any youtube video, click on convert to mp3, enter your email, and it will send you the mp3 of any track on youtube. It's highly handy.

As for getting hold of good tracks you just to do your homework, listen to a few mixes every now and then, I've actually got a couple of DJ mates who send good stuff my way, and there's a couple of channels that are good to follow on de yootuube majority of these are dnb/ dub channels

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-19 20:10:34

The awkward moment when TC - Where's My Money (Caspa Remix) comes on at a club and no one likes it anymore except for the wannabes...

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-20 05:03:09

At 12/19/10 08:10 PM, Jon wrote: The awkward moment when TC - Where's My Money (Caspa Remix) comes on at a club and no one likes it anymore except for the wannabes...

hahaha "omg I love dubstep have you heard of rusko??"

Just booked myself my accommodation for bloc weekend! Line up looking even shweeetah than last year! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-22 09:44:17

Is this not also a JUNGAL thread? :D

It's snowing here in the UK and I just discovered whilst shuffling my ipod that walking around in knee deep snow while listening to jungle is a surprisingly enjoyable contrast.

J Bostron - One Love
Serial Killaz feat. Cornell Campbell - Mash You Down
Jacky Murda and Rcola-Soundboy gone (feat Jah Mason)
Hose - Don & Dupes

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-22 16:45:15

Aye, give one up for Breakbeat and Jungle!

How do you guys feel about "drumstep"? Which is essentially 140bpm Dubstep sped up to 160-170bpm (DnB tempo)

as far as i know it's a fan-made term, but I think it's awesome as fuck..

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-23 07:22:08

Arrrgh, meant to be seeing Camo & Krooked with Cookie Monsta tonight, C&K are stuck in Austria because of the recent shitty weather.

Good news is that DJ Hazard is replacing him, but still, was pumped for C&K....

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-23 07:34:06

At 12/23/10 07:22 AM, Jon wrote: Good news is that DJ Hazard is replacing him, but still, was pumped for C&K....

Him?! Them.

Here's some tunes to make up for that lame mistake (DnB)

`Arno Cost & Arias - Magenta (Camo & Krooked Remix)
Shimon & Sparfunk - The Smoker (Tantrum Desire Remix)
Heist - Try To Repair
Heist is actually giving this track away for FREE. Download link HERE.

Although personally I don't like Try To Repair as much as his other stuff, but hey, it's free.

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-23 10:26:16

At 12/22/10 04:45 PM, Jon wrote: Aye, give one up for Breakbeat and Jungle!

How do you guys feel about "drumstep"? Which is essentially 140bpm Dubstep sped up to 160-170bpm (DnB tempo)

as far as i know it's a fan-made term, but I think it's awesome as fuck..

thanks for ignoring the post i made about drumstep. (:
dubstep has a half time beat and dnb has a four on the floor pattern.
drumstep is the half time on the tempo of dnb. (160 - 180bpm)

sorry for reposting this

krookz - Welcome to jurassic parkRusko - Hold On (feat. Amber Coffman) (Sub Focus Remix)

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-23 19:44:45

Friend just sent me JCB - Embracing Solitude. Song was perfect to sit back and relax to after sitting in traffic for hours.

Not enough liquid in this club!!!

(I could be wrong, I haven't even clicked any links.)

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-23 23:45:14

At 12/23/10 07:44 PM, Rallard wrote: Friend just sent me JCB - Embracing Solitude. Song was perfect to sit back and relax to after sitting in traffic for hours.

Holy shit. I'm in love. That song is so lush...

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-24 08:18:28

Cookie Monsta killed it last night... fuck..

At 12/23/10 10:26 AM, Bendt wrote: thanks for ignoring the post i made about drumstep. (:

Lol sorry, man

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2010-12-24 11:21:46

At 12/24/10 08:18 AM, Jon wrote: Cookie Monsta killed it last night... fuck..

At 12/23/10 10:26 AM, Bendt wrote: thanks for ignoring the post i made about drumstep. (:
Lol sorry, man

don't worry about it man

a friend of mine introduced me to this producer called 'pretty lights'
he makes really cool and relaxed music
Pretty Lights - Finally Moving

you can download his albums for free on his website.

BBS Signature