00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lilwilbug just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club

75,635 Views | 619 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-15 08:44:05

Friction's set from Innovation 2009 is up on dnbshare.com, and it's fucking AMAZING. I was there in Barcelona and experienced it firsthand.

There's a great double drop of Paint it Black (Sigma) and If We Ever (High Contrast) at about 33:45.

I think I'm going to Fabric tonight too for the 10th birthday celebration, assuming I can get guestlist.

Good drum and bass times :D

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-19 09:06:24

At 10/15/09 08:44 AM, NEVR wrote: Friction's set from Innovation 2009 is up on dnbshare.com, and it's fucking AMAZING. I was there in Barcelona and experienced it firsthand.

Nice mix there, I dont use dnbshare much but ye this is a solid track.

There's a great double drop of Paint it Black (Sigma) and If We Ever (High Contrast) at about 33:45.

I think I'm going to Fabric tonight too for the 10th birthday celebration, assuming I can get guestlist.

Good drum and bass times :D

I am very verrry jealous :P

It's still on my to do list to visit fabric sometime, problem is that I'm many miles away in sunny mancheester, I'm thinkin I could meet up with sister who goes uni in London. It's got such a reputation.

Anyone got any seriously big tunes to show me?? I'm getting mind meltingly bored here I need some new tunes.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-19 09:29:03

At 10/19/09 09:06 AM, Fim wrote: Anyone got any seriously big tunes to show me?? I'm getting mind meltingly bored here I need some new tunes.

Matrix & Futurebound - Hold On

High Contrast - Ready For The Weekend

Or if you want more dirty jump-up tunes:

Hazard - Killers Don't Die

Original Sin - Overfiend (personal favourite)

Tantrum Desire - Dreamscape

You may have heard some or all of these, but they're some of the ones I'm loving at the moment. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-19 09:35:06

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-20 15:16:08

At 10/19/09 09:35 AM, NEVR wrote: Oh also:

Sub Focus - Vapourise

Yeh I got all those tunes man :P thanks anyway

I downloaded the sub focus essential mix and he used about half of them aswell. Tis a good mix
you might like this I cant remember if I uploaded it here before but it's some reeeel swweet bare chilled dnb
alix pereze forsaken

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-20 20:48:58

At 10/20/09 03:16 PM, Fim wrote: alix pereze forsaken

Yeah I know that tune, Alix Perez is good but a lot of my mates aren't into his stuff.

One of my mates reps for Fabric and went to Alix Perez's album launch on October 9th, and because he's a rep he gets to hang out in the DJ booth. He said Alix Perez was coked off his face the entire night, lmao.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-21 03:46:08

At 10/19/09 09:29 AM, NEVR wrote:
At 10/19/09 09:06 AM, Fim wrote: Anyone got any seriously big tunes to show me?? I'm getting mind meltingly bored here I need some new tunes.
Matrix & Futurebound - Hold On

I posted that on page 4. It got played all the time when I was on holiday.

As an aside, do you guys rate hip hop breaks much? I've really been getting into it the past few weeks. I have some tracks I'd like to share, although I'll wait til I get a response to this post before I do, in case that sub-genre isn't welcome here.

he's jus' a rascal...

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-21 12:52:34

At 10/21/09 03:46 AM, DizzeeRascal wrote:

Hip Hop break isn't that like Hip Hop beats but without the rap?

You laughing at me? YOU LAUGHING AT THE BEST!

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-21 12:59:12

At 10/20/09 08:48 PM, NEVR wrote: One of my mates reps for Fabric and went to Alix Perez's album launch on October 9th, and because he's a rep he gets to hang out in the DJ booth. He said Alix Perez was coked off his face the entire night, lmao.

Yeh my sister has a mate who does all the face paint down in fabric, and she gets special VIP passes etc. it doesnt suprise me in the slightest that Alix Perez was fucked :P I guess that's what it's like in most of the artists in the dnb/ dub scene. Or just the dance scene in general.

At 10/21/09 03:46 AM, DizzeeRascal wrote: As an aside, do you guys rate hip hop breaks much? I've really been getting into it the past few weeks. I have some tracks I'd like to share, although I'll wait til I get a response to this post before I do, in case that sub-genre isn't welcome here.

I guess what you mean is the background beat that MCs spit over? Correct me if I'm wrong, I would say that has alot in common with dubstep anyway, because it evolved from the grime/ garage scene, and alot of MCs spit over dubstep dont they.
I'm not very clued up on hip hop breaks specifically, but I like abit of break. Even some of the old dizze rascal backing tunes is pretty good :P like I luv you, stand up tall, even fix up look sharp.
Yeh I would love to hear some of the stuff you been making.
PLUS! any other tunes you guys are feelin at the moment, I always like to here new fresh stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-21 14:18:31

I got some tunezzzzz.

Borgore's such a nasty bastard. :3
Hammertime.
I know it's olddd.

Hoping on some good DnB/Dub party this weekend.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-21 15:09:20

At 10/21/09 02:18 PM, Bendt wrote: I got some tunezzzzz.

Borgore's such a nasty bastard. :3
Hammertime.

I'm pretty sure that's "The Drop" by Unitz, Hammertime sounds something like this

I know it's olddd.

Hoping on some good DnB/Dub party this weekend.

Some pretty essential dub tunes there ;)

I don't mean to brag at all, (well maybe a little bit) but I'm seeing on Saturday a pretty mint line up including

Thrasher
SOLD OUT / 21:30 - 05:00
Modeselektor [ Live ]
Skream
Benga vs Caspa
Rusko [ Live ]
Martyn
Joker
Room 2 Hosted by Hoya:Hoya
The Gaslamp Killer
Daedelus
Rustie
Mary Anne Hobbs
Dam Funk
Nosaj Thing
Illum Sphere
Jonny Dub
Jon K [ Friends & Family/ Eyes Down ]
Samrai & Platt [ Swing Ting ]

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-21 17:47:08

At 10/21/09 03:09 PM, Fim wrote:
I don't mean to brag at all, (well maybe a little bit) but I'm seeing on Saturday a pretty mint line up including

Thrasher
SOLD OUT / 21:30 - 05:00
Modeselektor [ Live ]
Skream
Benga vs Caspa
Rusko [ Live ]
Martyn
Joker
Room 2 Hosted by Hoya:Hoya
The Gaslamp Killer
Daedelus
Rustie
Mary Anne Hobbs
Dam Funk
Nosaj Thing
Illum Sphere
Jonny Dub
Jon K [ Friends & Family/ Eyes Down ]
Samrai & Platt [ Swing Ting ]

Shiiiiiitt, Rusko, Skream, Caspa, I just jizzed man.
You staying 'till 5? :D

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-22 04:48:57

At 10/21/09 05:47 PM, Bendt wrote: Shiiiiiitt, Rusko, Skream, Caspa, I just jizzed man.
You staying 'till 5? :D

Yeh I should be doing, last time I went WHP I only stayed till 4, but that night it was relentless drum & bass and it got abit samey, plus it was getting empty :P
But this is the best night at the WHP by far so it should get packed out, I think it has sold out aswell so I'm definetly staying untill 5, funny thing is that I'm in work in the morning at 6.30 haha ;P

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-22 11:29:05

At 10/22/09 04:48 AM, Fim wrote:
I'm in work in the morning at 6.30 haha ;P

Haha, good luck with that.
I always stay late and if there aren't a lot of people we go sit somewhere, where we can still hear the music and drink some beer or puff puff pass. :D
Just chillin.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-22 22:47:49

Hey, I'm posting looking for some advice. What would you call music that combines the beats of aggressive drum n' bass, with the wobble of dubstep? I'm no expert on the whole UK grime/Dn'B scene, so I might sound like an idiot when asking things.

Also, The drop at 00:53 broke my face

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-23 15:39:58

At 10/22/09 10:47 PM, TheWhatsit wrote: Hey, I'm posting looking for some advice. What would you call music that combines the beats of aggressive drum n' bass, with the wobble of dubstep? I'm no expert on the whole UK grime/Dn'B scene, so I might sound like an idiot when asking things.

Jump up exaaample

Also, The drop at 00:53 broke my face

ofc !! :D

borgore is mental dubstep filthage. I think he's been classed as 'gorestep' but thats just a novelty genre imo

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-24 20:07:29

At 10/21/09 12:59 PM, Fim wrote:
I guess what you mean is the background beat that MCs spit over? Correct me if I'm wrong, I would say that has alot in common with dubstep anyway, because it evolved from the grime/ garage scene, and alot of MCs spit over dubstep dont they.
I'm not very clued up on hip hop breaks specifically, but I like abit of break. Even some of the old dizze rascal backing tunes is pretty good :P like I luv you, stand up tall, even fix up look sharp.
Yeh I would love to hear some of the stuff you been making.
PLUS! any other tunes you guys are feelin at the moment, I always like to here new fresh stuff.

Hip hop breaks can come in a variety of forms. In many ways it is similar to more conventional dubstep, but there are often too many lyrics for it to be classified as such.

Apologies. After re-reading what I realsed I was unclear. I haven't personally made any tunes, I was mainly wondering if anyone else was into it as a genre and would like to hear some tracks.

In any case, here's some hip hop breaks for you:

KRS1 Attacks (can't find the Krafty Kuts remix on youtube yet)

Chase and Status ft.Kano - Against all odds

On another note am going to Matter on the 18th Dec to see the Stanton Warriors. Should be sick.

he's jus' a rascal...

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-01 22:22:51

Been listening to Dubstep for a while now, check out Excision, he put on a sick mix at Shambhala this year.

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-02 00:47:58

Meeeean, just came across this. Somebody here would have heard of 16bit yeah?

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-02 01:32:01

At 11/2/09 12:47 AM, thecokebitch wrote: Meeeean, just came across this. Somebody here would have heard of 16bit yeah?

Yeee! Skism - The Blank (16 Bit Remix) is my current favorite dub tune! Love 16 Bit :D

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-02 03:13:07

Yeah 16 bit kickass.

If you havnt already, i recommend downloading their milky pie mix from:
http://www.dubstepforum.com/16bit-the-mi lky-pie-mix-t102652.html

Its fucking sick.

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-02 13:32:41

I just found a new, awesome Dubstep style.
It's a mix of very different styles + Dubstep. It's House, Electro, DnB and Dubstep.

Hostage - I get high.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-02 16:42:16

At 11/2/09 01:32 PM, Bendt wrote:
Hostage - I get high.

Eh, I'm not digging the sound of that, that sort of style is more for other people... Not me, it's cool though, I like it a bit.

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-02 19:09:12

At 11/2/09 04:42 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 11/2/09 01:32 PM, Bendt wrote:
Hostage - I get high.
Eh, I'm not digging the sound of that, that sort of style is more for other people... Not me, it's cool though, I like it a bit.

The beginning is gay, and the vocals tend to become a little bit annoying. But there's one part where you can clearly hear the wobble and with a great beat.
I know why you don't like it.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-03 09:30:20

VVV VV V V V V VVVV Nice to see some fresh interest in the club! I've not posted on here in a while

At 11/2/09 03:13 AM, thecokebitch wrote: Yeah 16 bit kickass.

If you havnt already, i recommend downloading their milky pie mix from:
http://www.dubstepforum.com/16bit-the-mi lky-pie-mix-t102652.html

Cheers for that link, am listening to it now. Have seen 16 bit live a while ago and he ripped the place apart :P when he dropped Chainsaw Challigraphy there was a mosh pit

At 11/2/09 01:32 PM, Bendt wrote: Hostage - I get high.

I'll admit, I'm not so much into my fidget house, but I do like this. Reminds me of AC slater

ANYWAYS
BIG NEWS

On halloween I went to one of them illegal raves, this one was some way out of town (had to get a taxi) in an industrial warehouse. I'm guessing about 2000 people turned up, alot of them dressed up, lots of slutty girls :P some drum&bass , dubstep and even a live band.

I've done a little research and I've found a vid on youtube. The sound quality isnt very good but the picture is, and you get a feel for how big it was and how many people showed up link

Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-03 09:43:20

At 11/1/09 10:22 PM, EpicFail wrote: Been listening to Dubstep for a while now, check out Excision, he put on a sick mix at Shambhala this year.

Excision & Datsik - SWAGGA#

cant remember if I've posted this up here or not.

Been digging this for ages, it's the most filthiest of filthy filth

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-03 09:44:34

At 11/3/09 09:43 AM, Fim wrote:
At 11/1/09 10:22 PM, EpicFail wrote: Been listening to Dubstep for a while now, check out Excision, he put on a sick mix at Shambhala this year.

Some of this is on the mix that he did at Shambhala this year, I fucking love it.

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-03 10:11:04

At 11/3/09 09:44 AM, EpicFail wrote:
At 11/3/09 09:43 AM, Fim wrote:
Some of this is on the mix that he did at Shambhala this year, I fucking love it.

you might like this, it's by the guy who he collobed with in swagga southpaw

what's Shambhala?

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-03 12:01:16

At 11/3/09 10:11 AM, Fim wrote:
you might like this, it's by the guy who he collobed with in swagga southpaw

what's Shambhala?

http://www.shambhalamusicfestival.com/

It's like a festival / rave. Full of good music and psychadelics.

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-11-03 18:19:59

>>Fim
Yeah that rave looks fucking badass, wish we had shit like that here in nzl. Instead theres these fuckdup gay psy trance onces that bohemian people go to. I like it how that rave is all speakers and lights and no homo theme.

Yeah excision is the filth too, his bear trap remix is fucking soooo bogan.