00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club

75,673 Views | 619 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-12 11:39:24

Dammmnn, been listening to a lot of pre Hold Your Colour Pendulum lately, currently listening to Jungle Sounds Mix :)

It makes me sad that Pendulums next album won't be DnB orientated. Oh well, at least we still have their old stuff.

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-13 06:20:52

Listening to a lot of Datsik, Vex'd and Broken Note lately, I'm being drawn in the dubstep world again. And i like the feeling. Just wish there were more places to go out to and be devoured by the bass, too bad my town is so underdeveloped on that subject.
Anyway,some sick stuff.
Firepower
Smatbomb

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-13 07:04:07

At 1/11/11 08:21 PM, Jon wrote:
At 1/11/11 07:54 PM, SineRider wrote: Isn't Rusko producing Britney Spears new album?
Sadly.

God help us all...

Anyways, recently got turned on to dubstep, looking for some fresh upcoming artists to listen to.

Preffer some of the heavier/dirtier tracks to them chill out 'faux'step tunes radio has been trying to ram down my throat.

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com

Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-13 13:23:57

At 1/13/11 07:04 AM, SkeletonGimp wrote: Anyways, recently got turned on to dubstep, looking for some fresh upcoming artists to listen to.

Preffer some of the heavier/dirtier tracks to them chill out 'faux'step tunes radio has been trying to ram down my throat.
At 1/13/11 06:20 AM, Azmodeuz wrote: Listening to a lot of Datsik, Vex'd and Broken Note lately, I'm being drawn in the dubstep world again. And i like the feeling. Just wish there were more places to go out to and be devoured by the bass, too bad my town is so underdeveloped on that subject.

Depends on your taste, I'd say just find a DJ that you like and download a few of their mixes, they generally have good taste in whatever subgenre of dub you're into.

If you like the heavier Datsik end of the spectrum, you might like Vaski, borgore, 16bit, and 501, riskoteque and bar9

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-13 19:21:50

Thanks for the recommendations man, I love 16 bit, so I'm guessing I'l like the others as well :)
Also, forgot to mention one of my favourite artists, Apotheist.

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-14 08:21:39

At 1/13/11 01:23 PM, Fim wrote:
Depends on your taste, I'd say just find a DJ that you like and download a few of their mixes, they generally have good taste in whatever subgenre of dub you're into.

If you like the heavier Datsik end of the spectrum, you might like Vaski, borgore, 16bit, and 501, riskoteque and bar9

I shall look into these groups tonight when I have a moment, thanks :)

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com

Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-14 18:22:14

I came across this

apparently I'm clever enough to declare myself as a dumbass

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-16 14:24:00

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-18 11:39:21

dunno if anyone here's enciclopedic about their dnb, actually, dunno if anyone even visits this page anymore haha. but I heard a tune that got dropped last night and I can't for the life of me remember who it's by and it's reeeeally annoying me.
It's a d nb track, and its got alot of deep eeire swirling bass that sounds like 43-49 seconds of this, very very similar sound.

Anyone could help me out with it would be greatly appreciated.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-18 12:52:06

At 1/18/11 11:39 AM, Fim wrote: It's a d nb track, and its got alot of deep eeire swirling bass that sounds like 43-49 seconds of this, very very similar sound.

I hate it when you can't remember a track, but ehh I dunno man judging by the description it's pretty vague, lol.

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-18 13:14:19

ahhhhh my mate found it :)

hate it when you can't remember the name of a tune it's so annoying!! this was it

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-19 20:20:35

If it's nice we post it twice! :))) Synkro - Angels

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-21 12:39:27

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-22 12:15:14

I'm somewhat interested in giving these genres a chance. To save me trawling back through the thread, is anyone willing to give me a short list of recommended artists I could check out?

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-23 19:36:53

At 1/22/11 12:15 PM, Dean wrote: I'm somewhat interested in giving these genres a chance. To save me trawling back through the thread, is anyone willing to give me a short list of recommended artists I could check out?

yeh mate hooked you up to some good things on de msn ;)

The Constellations - Setback (Starkey Remix)
watch out chaps, call the fire brigade there's a mediafire(320)

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-23 19:40:50

Regarding the Dubstep Awards, Ramadanman is atop a lot of the lists.

Is it wrong that I've never heard of him/them?

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-24 12:29:16

Friend just told me Netsky's confirmed for the rave I'm going to.

There's no offical lineup yet but if this is a sign of things to come... FUCK YEAH.

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-24 15:53:02

At 1/23/11 07:36 PM, Fim wrote: yeh mate hooked you up to some good things on de msn ;)

Thanks again for that. I gave all the songs you linked me to a listen over and most of it's not too bad. I'm surprised that I can tolerate the genre. It's something that I was always sceptical of in the past.

Once my Spotify hours increase again I'll look for some more stuff by those artists, assuming they're on there. Sadly Spotify is being a bitch and not seeming to be giving me any more hours of playtime.

I've took quite a liking to The Prodigy. I never thought I'd say that, but it's finally happened.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-24 16:16:45

At 1/22/11 12:15 PM, Dean wrote: I'm somewhat interested in giving these genres a chance. To save me trawling back through the thread, is anyone willing to give me a short list of recommended artists I could check out?

Literally skimming my iTunes and picking random tracks:

DnB:

Pre Hold Your Colour Pendulum
Heist - Unicron / Iyacon / Survivor
Delta Heavy - Space Time
DJ SS - We Came To Entertain (Sub Zero Remix)
Camo & Krooked - Edge of Mind EP (pretty much all of C+K's stuff is awesome)
DJ Fresh - Kryptonite (album)
Netsky - Netsky (album)
Original Sin - 3000 Miles / Bastard Killer / Pimp, Don't Limp / Back For More
The Prodigy - Voodoo People (Pendulum Remix)
Deadmau5 - Ghosts N' Stuff (Sub Focus Remix)
Cutline - Die For You (Shock One Remix)
Doctor P - Sweet Shop (Camo & Krooked vs Friction Remix)

Dubstep: (are you after bass driven Dubstep or the high pitched stuff?)

Benga & Coki - Night
Cookie Monsta - Ginger Pubes / Bliss / Optimus Prime
Crissy Criss - Soap Dodger / Fackin Hell
Dismantle - Deep Thought
DJ Fresh - Gold Dust (Flux Pavillion Remix)
Dodge & Fuski - Go Nuts
Flux Pavillion - I Can't Stop / Got 2 Know
Funtcase - Gorilla Flex / 50 Calibre
Joker - Tron
Magnetic Man - MAD / Certified Banger
Noah D - Seeerious
Pendulum - The Island Part II
Reso - Beasts In The Basement
Skream - Raw Dogz / Gather Round Skream has released four free packs this year one two three four
Tomba - Choke On Coke VIP / Come Out and Play
Trolley Snatcha - SlowDown / Scattah / here I Go
Vermin - Slugchild

ENJOY.

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-24 16:28:52

At 1/24/11 04:16 PM, Jon wrote: are you after bass driven Dubstep or the high pitched stuff?

I honestly have no idea. I'm trying to find new interests, so I'll happily give both a chance.

ENJOY.

THANKS JON!

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-24 19:59:00

At 1/24/11 04:28 PM, Dean wrote: I honestly have no idea. I'm trying to find new interests, so I'll happily give both a chance.

I think with Dubstep is best to find the generic stuff (Doctor P, Borgore etc.) then, once you're craving more, head to different artists and just experiment with an open mind.

With Drum and Bass, I started with Pendulum's Hold Your Colour, then moved forward to their new album(s) before curiously heading to there pre-HYC stuff and finding artists who make great Liquid Drum and Bass. Same as Dubstep, experimented and found new artists similar to the Pendulum sound.

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-25 15:28:05

At 1/23/11 07:40 PM, Jon wrote: Regarding the Dubstep Awards, Ramadanman is atop a lot of the lists.

Is it wrong that I've never heard of him/them?

Neither have I and I don't think he deserves all that credit and all those nominees.
Sorry, maybe it's just my opinion and taste in music. But he isn't that good to deserve all those votes.
He probably has a lot of friends.
Best producer should definetly go to Flux, most of his tracks are the baws.
He touches a track and it turns into gold.
Na, i'm just exaggerating.
ANYWAAYYYSSSSSS, I REALLY ENJOYED THIS OFFICE DUBSTEP REMIX.
Made me laugh and it is done very well.
Also i've been enjoying Zed's dead lately, well.. actually for a while now.
but it seems they are getting quite a name on the dubstep scene.

FEAR
GET THE FUCK DOWN
Also this.

You laughing at me? YOU LAUGHING AT THE BEST!

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-25 15:49:57

I'm in the process of listening to Skream's self titled album and I'm about midway through. It's a lot more... calming, I guess, than the type of music that I usually listen to. It makes quite a nice change.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-25 17:30:11

At 1/25/11 03:49 PM, Dean wrote: I'm in the process of listening to Skream's self titled album and I'm about midway through. It's a lot more... calming, I guess, than the type of music that I usually listen to. It makes quite a nice change.

Yeah, calming/chilling Dubstep is pretty cool. Check out Joker - 80s / Holly Brook Park / Tron

if you like the calmer stuff. If you get into it I guess eventually you'll want to build up to the bigger stuff.

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-26 01:22:46

ramadanman is the shit mate, he's so much more of a musician than most other DJs, gota hand it to him he's been smashing it this year. I wholeheartedly agree with the decision to vote Youngsta as best DJ in that pole as well, have seen him 3 times in 2010 and each time he was unbelievable.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-26 06:56:32

At 1/26/11 01:22 AM, Fim wrote: ramadanman is the shit mate, he's so much more of a musician than most other DJs, gota hand it to him he's been smashing it this year. I wholeheartedly agree with the decision to vote Youngsta as best DJ in that pole as well, have seen him 3 times in 2010 and each time he was unbelievable.

Dah! I'm missing out, then! I'll give ramadanman a whirl after college is finished today.

Also, I'm going to NASS festival this year. Only a few DJs have been announced so far, more at the end of Feb. If any other Brits reading this are going down, it'd be awesome to meet up there!

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-26 06:59:10

At 1/26/11 06:56 AM, Jon wrote: Also, I'm going to NASS festival this year. Only a few DJs have been announced so far, more at the end of Feb. If any other Brits reading this are going down, it'd be awesome to meet up there!

End of Jan, even. Presumably there'd be more later, though.

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-26 21:46:58

At 1/26/11 06:59 AM, Jon wrote:
At 1/26/11 06:56 AM, Jon wrote: Also, I'm going to NASS festival this year. Only a few DJs have been announced so far, more at the end of Feb. If any other Brits reading this are going down, it'd be awesome to meet up there!
End of Jan, even. Presumably there'd be more later, though.

Aye, for a 2 day festival that line up is looking a bit bare :P What they have atm looks pretty decent, Dj Hype is an absolute legend, he is the godfather of drum&bass.

I'm reaaaally hoping to go outlook this year, but I have 2 main problems, the first being money, and the second being I have a horrible fear of flying, and the festival's in Croatia :/

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-26 22:14:57

At 1/26/11 09:46 PM, Fim wrote:
I'm reaaaally hoping to go outlook this year,

pppppppppppppppppppppppppfffffffffffffff fffffffffffffftttttttt http://www.outlookfestival.com/lineup/a-
z-artists/

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-26 22:24:24

I'd like to get suggestions of stuff that would be somewhat similar to what Skrillex does. A kind of mix of Electro and Dubstep. K thx bros!