00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pqndabear34 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club

75,771 Views | 619 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-06 13:52:41

Saw this guy last night. Easily one of the best dub nights I've been to in a loooong time, appleblim, aagaaain. It was at a really understated club tucked away in the middle of town, with an immense soundsystem and a select crowd of really down to earth people, no posers.

It's a good consolation for the fact I'm pretty much only gona be able to go out on saturdays now due to me new jobby :( it's abit of a shame cos there's 2 very good nights in Manchester on mondays and thursdays which I'm now not gona be able to go to.

At 3/5/11 05:07 PM, Rallard wrote: I'm sorry.

Fuck. I'm actually in the rare position of agreeing with what rusko is saying :/ Agree with you aswell Jon, he can't have that much credibility to say what he says after linking up with britney. Plus, the guy has been guilty of making the sort of dubstep he's ranting against here.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-09 11:29:24

The 2011 Drum and Bass Awards RESULTS:

BEST D&B DJ
WINNER ANDY C
2ND FRICTION
3RD DJ HYPE

BEST D&B LYRICAL MC
WINNER MC EKSMAN
2ND HARRY SHOTTA
3RD SKIBADEE

BEST CROWD HYPE MC
WINNER SKIBADEE
2ND EKSMAN
3RD IC3

BEST LIQUID DJ
WINNER NETSKY
2ND HIGH CONTRAST
3RD DANNY BYRD

BEST D&B TECH DJ
WINNER SPOR
2ND NOISIA
3RD FRICTION

BEST OLDSKOOL DJ
WINNER KENNY KEN
2ND NICKY BLACKMARKET
3RD MICKY FINN

BEST OLDSKOOL MC
WINNER MC BASSMAN
2ND MC FEARLESS
3RD MC DETT

BEST DUBSTEP DJ/PRODUCER
WINNER NERO
2ND RUSKO
3RD DOCTOR P / SKREAM

BEST FEMALE DJ
WINNER DJ STORM
2ND MISS REPRESENT
3RD ANNIE MAC

BEST FEMALE MC
WINNER DEEZIM
2ND LADY MC
3RD LADY BLAZER

BEST RADIO SHOW
WINNER FABIO & GROOVERIDER BBC RADIO ONE
2ND BAILEY 1XTRA
3RD HYPE KISS100

BEST PRODUCER/S
WINNER CHASE & STATUS
2ND NETSKY
3RD CAMO & KROOKED

BEST BREAKTHROUGH PRODUCER/S
WINNER NETSKY
2ND CAMO & KROOKED
3RD MAJISTRATE

BEST BREAKTHROUGH DJ
WINNER NETSKY
2ND CAMO & KROOKED
3RD MAJISTRATE

BEST BREAKTHROUGH MC
WINNER NUTCRACKA
2ND MESSY
3RD EVIL B

BEST INTERNATIONAL ARTIST
WINNER NETSKY
2ND DJ MARKY
3RD NOISIA

BEST LIVE ACT
WINNER CHASE &STATUS
2ND PENDULUM
3RD DIRTYPHONICS

BEST PROMOTER
WINNER HOSPITALITY
2ND INNOVATION
3RD SLAMMIN VINYL

BEST CLUB NIGHT
WINNER HOSPITALITY
2ND RAM
3RD PLAYAZ

BEST EVENT OF 2010
WINNER HOSPITALITY BRIXTON
2ND INNOVATION IN THE SUN
3RD TRIGGA'S BIRTHDAY BASH

BEST FESTIVAL OF 2010
WINNER SLAMMIN VINYL WESTFEST
2ND GLOBAL GATHERING
3RD CREAMFIELDS

BEST RECORD STORE/ONLINE
WINNER CHEMICAL RECORDS
2ND REDEYE RECORDS
3RD BM SOHO

BEST INTERNET RADIO STATION
WINNER KOOL FM
2ND DNB RADIO
3RD BASSDRIVE

BEST LABEL
WINNER HOSPITAL
2ND RAM
3RD PLAYAZ

BEST TRACK
WINNER SUB FOCUS with RUSKO - HOLD ON REMIX
2ND DIE & INTERFACE with BRIGHT LIGHTS
3RD MAJISTRATE with STEP UP

BEST MAGAZINE/ONLINE
WINNER K MAG
2ND ATM
3RD DRUM & BASS ARENA

BEST ALBUM
WINNER ANDY C with NIGHTLIFE
2ND NETSKY with NETSKY
3RD DANNY BYRD with RAVE DIGGER

LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
WINNER DJ SS

BEHIND THE SCENES AWARD
WINNER EASTMAN

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-09 13:11:57

Shame Friction didn't win best D&B DJ, he's a madman.

Eksman is a sick MC as well, I met him at Innovation in the sun 2009, he was pretty high haha.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-09 14:25:30

Pretty watertight decisions on most of them awards, although Andy C winning best DJ came as no surprise to me :P

At the risk of sayin I told you so!

At 2/14/11 01:06 PM, Fim wrote:
DDDddddaaayumm, that's hefty. Pretty much every big name in dnb is on that, what are you predictions for the awards aspect of it? I'd strongly suspect Andy Cs gona win best DJ again for the 4th time in a row or whatever :P

And btw, here's the belated results from dubstepforum.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-09 15:01:08

At 3/9/11 11:29 AM, Jon wrote: BEST TRACK

Ugh.

Anyways I think I might have to see Netsky now... dude won so many awards, Jesus.

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-11 11:43:12

At 3/9/11 03:01 PM, Rallard wrote:
BEST TRACK
Ugh.

Aaaaye terrible choice that, didn't agree with that decision. Although to be fair, I don't think I could pick a definitive favourite of a entire year.

At 3/5/11 12:47 PM, Jon wrote:
I've been digging 2006-09 stuff from Sukh Knight, Jakes and Chimpo lately.

I think you should listen to another mix of his, it's all reggae and I know it's strictly suitable for this club but everyone loves abit o reggae :P I put it on this morning on my way to work and by the time I got there I was in a sterling mood. Plus, any dubstep listener worth their salt appreciates the influence dub had on the genre, anyway, this is a fabulous mixx
chimpo.

Hope everyone has a good weekend :)

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-15 17:05:15

Participation/ Challenge time!

I fee like we've got a devout enough following to do this properly, it's just abit of fun :) I completely stole this concept from a fb group ha but it's got a duel purpose of getting me some new tunage of which i'm in dire need of ;P please fill this out and I'm interested to read your answers, what is your favourite -

What is your favourite dnb tune at the moment?
What is your favourite dnb that reminds you of summer?
A tune from your favourite dnb artist?
What's you favourite oldskool dnb tune?

What's your favourite dubstep tune of 2007?
The first dubstep tune you ever heard?
What's your current favourite dubstep tune?
What's you favourite chilled dubstep tune?

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-15 18:23:53

I know I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to DNB and dubstep, so most of this stuff you've probably already heard. Regardless, I think I'll do this anyways.

At 3/15/11 05:05 PM, Fim wrote: What is your favourite dnb tune at the moment?

Blame ft. Ruff Sqwad - On My Own (Drum & Bass Mix)

Bachelors of Science - Spanish Sun (Bungle Remix). I was actually listening to this when I checked the thread, and even the youtube uploader lists it as a "perfect summer tune," heh.

Tough one, I don't have a favorite DNB artist so pass.

The Prodigy - Voodoo People (Pendulum Remix)

Playing the newbie card again here, not sure what was released then.

Something by Rusko. I thought the genre was horrible initially, like the recorded sounds of gundam wings/transformers having sex. After my friend played dubstep every single day in his car, I eventually grew to love it.

Tough one. I honestly don't know.

Blue Foundation - Eyes On Fire (Zeds Dead Remix)

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-16 05:33:02

At 3/15/11 05:05 PM, Fim wrote: Participation/ Challenge time!

Even though I do still listen to some DnB and dubstep (though mainly DnB) I still don't feel like I know enough of it to answer these questions. Maybe the responses from others will help me out a little.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-16 16:39:52

Went to a pretty sweet rave last night, they played mostly drum and bass. I'm annoyed because there's this one track I absolutely loved and couldn't remember what the sample was, but I remember thinking "I'll Google that later" (in a more wasted manner).

At 3/15/11 05:05 PM, Fim wrote: What is your favourite dnb tune at the moment?

According to Last FM, my most played DnB track this week is Pendulum - Salt In The Wounds, so statistically I guess that would be it.

Heist - Unicron reminds me of Summer 2010. Mhmm, good memories.

John B - Numbers (Camo & Krooked remix)
Netsky - Secret Agent
Original Sin - Step On

I don't think it counts as oldskool because it's from 2003, but it's around the time I was introduced to Drum & Bass so idk I guess my roots are kinda there.

Pendulum - Vault

Nothing comes straight to mind, but no doubt something by Skream

see above

Hatcha & Lost - Why So Serious

Submotion Orchestra - Finest Hour (Planas Remix)

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-17 20:44:27

Doctor P was in Birmingham this past weekend with others. Opinions of Doc P aside, he left with this potential banger of a probablenew track.

Spoiler alert: It samples the tetris music. I think that's why I like it.

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-17 22:39:32

I have to ask: why do so many people hate Doctor P? It seems like he has a good live DJ set and his music is at the very least exciting, so why?

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-18 13:40:48

What is your favourite dnb tune at the moment?

Either Sub Focus - Airplane or Pendulum - Witchcraft

Pendulum - The Island Part II

Dunno

Skrillex - Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites

Skrillex - Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites (Bare Noise Remix)

Bar 9 - Piano Tune

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-18 13:53:59

At 3/17/11 10:39 PM, Rallard wrote: I have to ask: why do so many people hate Doctor P? It seems like he has a good live DJ set and his music is at the very least exciting, so why?

I guess it's because when Sweet Shop became huge for some reason about a year after it's release (?!) among the mainstream, it brought in a huge influx on new fans. I think the dubstep subculture didn't take to kindly to these new "fake" fans of fake dubstep (which I guess wasn't helped by Rusko becoming.. well.). So maybe the stigma is just attached to Doctor P?

The people I've talked to who don't like him and his style say that there's no real sub bass, defeating the purpose of dubstep.

Meh. I like him. His tunes are bit hit and miss but he's pretty good live.

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-18 14:28:21

sup gingercunts,

download this guy's album. it's glitch hop, but I promise you it is worth it.
this album has more electronic sounds compared to pretty lights.

You laughing at me? YOU LAUGHING AT THE BEST!

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-19 10:51:37

So Skream is currently going on a mad rant on Twitter:

I_Skream Oliver Jones
Brostep is such a shit term...Its only used by people who are failures in music.....Looking at this im probably gonna have absolute grief...
27 minutes ago

I_Skream Oliver Jones
Just fir the record i aint associated with "brostep" lol i just think its an absolute ridiculous term
23 minutes ago

I_Skream Oliver Jones
The only people who use the term are people who listen to "deep" dubstep and are "heads"..But dont know about Log On Rmx by Horsepower
20 minutes ago

I_Skream Oliver Jones
I cant wait for all the "heads" to get envolved...."we only like tunes that sound like mala but are nowhere near as good"
16 minutes ago

I_Skream Oliver Jones
the thing is the people moaning are breading stuff they dont understand #theirirrelivant stop begging Madslinky
12 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I_Skream Oliver Jones
#youwasntthereduringthestuggle
11 minutes ago

I_Skream Oliver Jones
its cool to get envolved when its popular but you werent there when there was shows at Plastic People and it was only producers there
10 minutes ago

I_Skream Oliver Jones
struggle sounds drastic, but it kinda was
9 minutes ago

I_Skream Oliver Jones
This is a ignorant div http://dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=
1&t=188935

4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I_Skream Oliver Jones
There was never a definition for what 'dubstep' was...And now there seems to be.....
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

At 3/18/11 02:28 PM, Bendt wrote: download this guy's album.

Cool, I'll download it now!

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-19 12:22:16

At 3/17/11 10:39 PM, Rallard wrote: I have to ask: why do so many people hate Doctor P? It seems like he has a good live DJ set and his music is at the very least exciting, so why?

What Jon said, I think Doctor P is a bit of a scapegoat for the whole genre of dubstep that seems to focus more on the 'sound' rather than the music, and seems to attract the brostep crowd. I'm being totally hypocritical here because I have seen him play and he was pretty good.

At 3/19/11 10:51 AM, Jon wrote: So Skream is currently going on a mad rant on Twitter:

haha good old skream :P

shame that there's so much self hatred, pretentiousness and superiority in the dubstep scene now, that shit is really toxic. I guess it comes with the territory of an ever expanding following, I agree with some of what he's saying, especially about dubstep once being a undefined genre, and now it definitely has had some limits imposed on it.

At 3/18/11 02:28 PM, Bendt wrote: sup gingercunts, download this guy's album.

Am 3 songs in and it's pretty decent so far, nice find :)

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-20 07:01:09

Just recently got into that kind of Uplifting Drum n' Bass in the Style of Netsky - Smile or Nero can't take it. Can anyone recommend some good uplifting tunage like that?

Besides that, did anyone hear the new song by Drumsound and Bassline Smith - Freak, that's a damn bomb it is!

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-20 09:52:02

At 3/20/11 07:01 AM, Decibel wrote: Just recently got into that kind of Uplifting Drum n' Bass in the Style of Netsky - Smile or Nero can't take it. Can anyone recommend some good uplifting tunage like that?

Can't go wrong with netsky, see what you think of these

System - Mystic Relaxation
Lenzman - Masquerade

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-20 14:35:03

First one isn't very good, the second one, well.

TUUUUNNEEEEE!

Wow :P

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-20 22:52:14

Went to a rave on Saturday and my time spent at the DnB/Dubstep stage was... eh... pretty mediocre. Jakwob was amazing, save for the fact that he played three Rusko songs I've heard a million times now (including "Hold On" Subfocus Remix, ugh). My friends and I switched up stages a few times after that (somehow ended up in the trance stage at one point -- fuckin' awful), then once we were back in the DnB stage Noisia was on.

... He had the worst, hands down, the WORST MC I've ever had the displeasure of listening to. First he'd be like, "HEEEEY, LEMME HEAR YOU GUYYYSSSS, NOOO-SIII-AAAA" and the crowd was like, "meh, noisia," and he'd keep saying "I CANT HEAR YOU!!!!" and then his rapping was so incomprehensible it was like listening to a retarded manchild murmur into the mic. I don't know where all you British folk keep your good MCs, but they sure as hell aren't visiting my area.

Datsik came up next and was all right; didn't bother to stay the whole time though, but it wasn't anything really impressive.

It was a pretty good event but nothing amazing. Even ecstasy couldn't blind me from some of the shittier DJs, Noisia in particular, so I'mma give it a 7/10 and continue to be jealous of the Brit's superior DnB/Dubstep scene. :(

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-21 10:33:02

At 3/20/11 10:52 PM, Rallard wrote: TL;Actually Did Read

I'm starting to be let down by Noisia actually.

What I can't believe is, Datsik wasn't impressive, really?

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-21 10:50:43

At 3/21/11 10:33 AM, Decibel wrote: What I can't believe is, Datsik wasn't impressive, really?

Sadly no. Not saying he was bad or anything, but he was so average my friends and I opted to go to another stage.

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-21 13:42:12

At 3/20/11 10:52 PM, Rallard wrote: Went to a rave

eh what can you do, some nights are not as good as the others. You really do need to nip across to the UK at some point we got the formula down over here for the most part :P as for MCs I think it's an acquired taste, some of them do need to calm down with the amount they chat over the music.

At 3/21/11 10:33 AM, Decibel wrote:
What I can't believe is, Datsik wasn't impressive, really?

Can't remember if I've already mentioned this in this thread but I saw datsik recently and I was massively underwhelmed by him, he played a very very average set.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-21 18:59:39

At 3/20/11 09:52 AM, Fim wrote: System - Mystic Relaxation
Lenzman - Masquerade

Love them both. Liquid DnB is incredible comedown music. My predominant choice when it comes to listening to liquid always always always seems to be Netsky - Memory Lane. MmMmm that is a tune and a half.

At 3/20/11 10:52 PM, Rallard wrote: Went to a rave

Ahhh, sorry to hear that, man. It's never good when raves turn shit. I remember one particularly bad one I went to closed with DJ Hazard (who I was very hyped for) - he played an incredibly mediocre set and the crowd were just awful. It turned into pushing and shoving instead of raving. It wasn't helped that my comedown came very early and I ended up standing to the side and watching.

Hazard made up for it next time I saw him and destroyed it, so all is well.

Anywho, the concept of dubstep and dnb dubplates really annoy me when there isn't a leak of one. I refuse to have any Dub/Dnb tune under 320kbps and radio DJs and poor quality clips is one big tease

:(

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-21 20:18:27

At 3/21/11 06:59 PM, Jon wrote: Ahhh, sorry to hear that, man. It's never good when raves turn shit.

It wasn't shit by any means, average yes, but there were a few standouts including Jakwob. I regret not seeing Netsky but I was so out of it I just sort of shuffled along to wherever my friends were going.

I was so tired by the end of the night that when I crashed at 4 am, I didn't get up until 2pm the next day. I think my body is getting too old for drugs or something, so I'll probably stick to alcohol next time. Seems to me I was a lot more energetic and enjoyed the music a lot more before I took my rolls.

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-21 21:11:07

Refracture - Lucid Dream (awesome bass)

At 3/21/11 08:18 PM, Rallard wrote: It wasn't shit by any means, average yes, but there were a few standouts including Jakwob. I regret not seeing Netsky but I was so out of it I just sort of shuffled along to wherever my friends were going.

Ahh, fair enough! Following my friends is what I tend to do, too - unless I'm REALLY enjoying the DJ. Nothing is worse than losing everyone you're with at a rave, haha.

I was so tired by the end of the night that when I crashed at 4 am, I didn't get up until 2pm the next day.

Sounds like a pretty good deal! 10 hours sleep is a dream after a night. When I went out last night I only had 4 hours sleep before I was woken up by a phone call.

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-22 12:32:48

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-22 12:39:09

At 3/22/11 12:32 PM, Fim wrote: DRUM & RIDICULOUS BASS

--

Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-24 14:44:52

New material from indisputably one of the pioneers and originators of dubstep, and in my opinion one of the most consistent, original and talented producers in electronic music. You're gona need to put up with kode9 talking a little through this because it's ripped off a mix, but it will officially get released on monday so I'm sure you can get a clean version off mediafire or whatever then. Enjoy!

Burial - Stolen Dog
Burial - Street Halo

BBS Signature