00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club

75,680 Views | 619 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-09-22 13:03:49

At 9/22/09 10:35 AM, Bendt wrote:
At 9/22/09 03:59 AM, Fim wrote:
Looks epic!
Dude, Untitled last Saturday was I think one of the biggest dubstep party's of the year here in Belgium.

I mostly enjoyed Hijack (Hijack's remix of Eastern Jam was pure awesomeness!) and Seven.

Btw, there were a lot of people also on Untitled from the Netherlands to Ghent who all came to Antwerp for one party.

Untitled vid!

Am loving that video!! Skream always crowdsurfs, he is such a drama queen :P

kinda reminds me of Ape at the Apollo, it was a big rave in a huge theatre with about 2000 people with - Skream. Rusko. Shy FX. The Bug. Diplo on the line up. I would like to travel around europe and america maybe to see what the dubstep scene is like outside the UK.

but anyways, who did you see at Untitled? And do you think I should go to this night in liverpool :P?

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-09-22 14:51:53

At 9/22/09 01:03 PM, Fim wrote:

I think you should go, but are you going alone?

Those who I saw:
Chef
Seven
Hijak -> loved him the most.
Dice & Kastor
Goldorak & Solpher

You laughing at me? YOU LAUGHING AT THE BEST!

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-09-23 09:22:47

At 9/22/09 02:51 PM, Bendt wrote:
At 9/22/09 01:03 PM, Fim wrote:
I think you should go, but are you going alone?

No I should be going with a couple of friends, my ex goes Liverpool uni aswell so I might be meeting up with her, I might just go down and stay in a travel lodge.

Those who I saw:
Chef
Seven
Hijak -> loved him the most.
Dice & Kastor
Goldorak & Solpher

That is a good line up there. yeh I love Hijak ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-09-24 14:29:45

At 9/23/09 09:22 AM, Fim wrote:

So did you go?

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-09-24 19:06:47

At 9/24/09 02:29 PM, Bendt wrote:
So did you go?

The even isnt untill November 7th. I've got a while to decide if I want to go and make sure I'm not working that night etc, it looks like I will probably be going :)

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-09-25 09:25:16

At 9/24/09 07:06 PM, Fim wrote:
At 9/24/09 02:29 PM, Bendt wrote:
So did you go?
The even isnt untill November 7th. I've got a while to decide if I want to go and make sure I'm not working that night etc, it looks like I will probably be going :)

Haha cool, sadly I can't go to Stealth Bombers next weekend.
Because my parents are kind of pissed at me for coming back home very late from Untitled.

Like I could help it that it was an awesome party.

Tho' Stealth Bombers isn't exactly Dubstep but more DrumnBass.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-09-26 00:39:38

It is 5.38am

I have just come back from The Warehouse Project.

Just saw -
Goldie
DJ Marky & Dynamite MC
High Contrast
London Elektricity
Logistics
Danny Byrd
Synkro & Indigo
Alix Perez
DJ Kentaro
Tayo
Zed Bias
Distance
Rich Reason

Feel absoluetly shattered, but it was a solid night. Loads of great people raving out to some awesome drum & bass and dubstep. Also one of my favourite manchester MCs did a set ;)

night night

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-09-26 09:03:14

At 9/26/09 12:39 AM, Fim wrote: It is 5.38am

Haha, I always hate that feeling when you come back from parties, your ears still peeping of the massive bass sounds of that party, you're drunk but then when you get into your bed. (:

Feels great.

But then the morning after.. shiiiiiit.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-09-26 19:09:30

Yoooo,
I wanted to ask you guys something, what do you do on raves?
1. Are you the more quiet type, that more likely wants to enjoy the music, rather then just brainless dancing to it.
2. Are you a raver that doesn't give a shit about anyone, and just wants to party as hard as he/she can on this awesome music.
3. Are you the stoner who just stands still (see 1) or who dances (see 2) and smoke his blunt?

I would be a combination of the three, 1 probably at the beginning, definitely 2 and 3 if I have the money to buy ganj before a party.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-09-26 19:42:41

At 9/26/09 07:09 PM, Bendt wrote:

Forgot the pic.

Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-09-26 22:09:23

At 9/26/09 07:09 PM, Bendt wrote: Yoooo,
I wanted to ask you guys something, what do you do on raves?

Love that pic haha :P

It's weird how across the world the stereotype of someone who is into dance/ dnb/ dub is somebody who takes drugs, and I got to admit that kinda attitude is typical in england. We get people who are MCing on stage smoking weed, and I've not been to a dubstep night ever where there hasnt been some form of drug taking. I remember seeing an interview with Skream where he said that after he's finished making a track he'd go away and smoke and joint then come back and listen to the track to hear it from his audiences perspective.

As for your question, it depends on the rave for me.
If it is an illegal rave I tend to have planned it alot and generally bring some snacks and my own beers and I dont really go that mental, I tend to just enjoy the adventure of going to a random location and enjoying the music, plus you get loads of fun stuff you didnt expect happening which is fun, I usually just enjoy the music and dont tire myself out too much because I know I've got a long trip home when it's over, usually illegal raves keep going untill very late the next day.
I dont smoke weed anymore but I know alot of type 3 people who just go to shows and get fucked. If i'm at a legal party/ event/ rave I'm usually most of 2, usually I go to see a big artist and when they drop a good tune I go abit mental :P especially if it's one I know :P I get my skank on. There are even moshpits at some dubstep shows I been to, bar9, stenchman, borgore, cookie moster. etc

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-09-27 17:50:10

At 9/26/09 10:09 PM, Fim wrote:
Love that pic haha :P

It's weird how across the world the stereotype of someone who is into dance/ dnb/ dub is somebody who takes drugs

It's just waaaay chiller when you have smoked some ganj and then listen to that heavy wobble bass. (:
Tho' I'm not into taking LSD or Speed.

an illegal rave

I've never been to an underground rave, only big DnB/Dubstep bashments.

Stuff.

So the essence is you pic 2, amirite? :D

Anyway,
Why did you stop smoking ganj?

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-09-27 22:58:52

At 9/27/09 05:50 PM, Bendt wrote:
It's weird how across the world the stereotype of someone who is into dance/ dnb/ dub is somebody who takes drugs
It's just waaaay chiller when you have smoked some ganj and then listen to that heavy wobble bass. (:
Tho' I'm not into taking LSD or Speed.

Speed? Speed is a pretty moderate drug in my opinion, it's basically pure adrenaline, not much of a buzz when you take it and it's generally pretty cheap.

an illegal rave
I've never been to an underground rave, only big DnB/Dubstep bashments.

illegal is the best, it's free and there are so many awesome people there. Plus it's illegal :P

Stuff.
So the essence is you pic 2, amirite? :D

Anyway,
Why did you stop smoking ganj?

Long story, it didnt do me any good because the weed I could get hold of was too strong. It just turned me into abit of a vegetable. Plus when your stoned you dont want to do anything besides sit on the sofa and eat food which was abit boring. Plus it's alot of money. I started smoking when I was 13, gave it up when I was about 17, alot of my friend still smoke it though.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-09-28 11:07:39

At 9/27/09 10:58 PM, Fim wrote:
Long story, it didnt do me any good because the weed I could get hold of was too strong. It just turned me into abit of a vegetable. Plus when your stoned you dont want to do anything besides sit on the sofa and eat food which was abit boring. Plus it's alot of money. I started smoking when I was 13, gave it up when I was about 17, alot of my friend still smoke it though.

Haha, but that just the awesomeness of being stoned, you feel everything better and you just lay there relaxing caring about nothing.
And then when someone says something completely idiotic that doesn't make any sense at all you think it's the funniest thing in the world.
And you laugh.

Never gonna do speed though, any other drug experiences.
I maybe wanna do shrooms one day.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-09-28 12:57:16

At 9/28/09 11:07 AM, Bendt wrote:
Haha, but that just the awesomeness of being stoned, you feel everything better and you just lay there relaxing caring about nothing.
And then when someone says something completely idiotic that doesn't make any sense at all you think it's the funniest thing in the world.
And you laugh.

Never gonna do speed though, any other drug experiences.
I maybe wanna do shrooms one day.

Yeah I went through that phase man :) I think when smoking weed becomes all you want to do and all you think about, that's when you should stop. For me I was smoking an 1/8th a day for a long time, and it fucked with my head a little bit.
It turned me into abit of an asshole tbh. So I just cut it out completely, I still dont have a problem with peopel smoking it and I still reckon it should be legal but it's not something I do anymore.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-09-28 13:47:19

I see,
on this moment I'm somewhat in between, I'm trying not to be addicted and I don't need it necessarily but I can feel some sort of small urge for it.
Anyways when I turn 16, I get a pass from the government for 10 free trips with the train to anywhere in the BeNeLux.

And 2 other good friends also become 16 in the same month, so we said to each other we were going to Amsterdam in January.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-09-28 14:26:27

At 9/28/09 01:47 PM, Bendt wrote:
I see,
on this moment I'm somewhat in between, I'm trying not to be addicted and I don't need it necessarily but I can feel some sort of small urge for it.
Anyways when I turn 16, I get a pass from the government for 10 free trips with the train to anywhere in the BeNeLux.

And 2 other good friends also become 16 in the same month, so we said to each other we were going to Amsterdam in January.

It's a personal decision for everyone isnt it, I dont want to pressure you into quitting and similarly I dont think anyone should be pressured into smoking weed. It's a personal choice.

The weed in Amsterdan is in a leauge of it's own. My ex girlfriend's brother was best mates with a weed dealer, and apparently he rang him up from amsterdam to say that he'd had 2 drags on a spliff and was higher than he had ever been in his life in the UK, and he was a dealer!! It's super super strong over there.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-09-28 15:54:23

At 9/28/09 02:26 PM, Fim wrote:

Probably purple haze, I smoked that shit before.
My dealer is 18 and has a driver license, occasionally he drives to the border of the Netherlands and buys a whole lot.

Maybe in Amsterdam itself there are far more better sorts of weed, I'll see when I'm there.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-09-29 14:11:29

At 9/28/09 03:54 PM, Bendt wrote:
At 9/28/09 02:26 PM, Fim wrote:
Maybe in Amsterdam itself there are far more better sorts of weed, I'll see when I'm there.

This is a photo my mate took while he was over there, and yes, you do get a wide selection of different bud, it's like a candy shop for you stoners :P

Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-02 12:32:35

Finally! Unbanned.

Haha, those jars are awesome, a friend of mine also has such jars for his weed.

Almost every time, when I leave after a night chilling at his house, he lets me grab some of his weed jar.
Good time, good times.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-03 08:31:12

Finally! Unbanned.

I wondered where you where :P

Haha, those jars are awesome, a friend of mine also has such jars for his weed.

great for you man :P I hope you have a great time when you go!

Time for some oldschool big tunnnnnnes!!! I've not posted any in a while. I still can't get enough of these -
DUBSTEP WARNING MAY CAUSE YOUR EARS TO FALL OFF

Sukh Kinght - Diesel Not Petrol
Skism - BACK OFF (Clean)
Starkey - Gutter Music
Coki - Sponge Bob
Komonazmuk - Night Duluxe
Switchdubs - Dead Beat
Vaski - Murder

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-03 14:16:29

Shiiit.

I noticed that I never posted any dubstep songs in this thread.
Here are some songs I recommend.

Big ass Dubstep remix of famous dubstep songs Part 1. --> You'll automatically see the other parts if you want more.

Sick tune: Datsik - Mechano

I can't stop listening to this tune: Borgore -Saturday Night

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-04 07:55:02

At 10/3/09 02:16 PM, Bendt wrote: Shiiit.

I noticed that I never posted any dubstep songs in this thread.
Here are some songs I recommend.

Big ass Dubstep remix of famous dubstep songs Part 1. --> You'll automatically see the other parts if you want more.

Very good mix!! I like excision very much, he's a canadian producer I think, and he's been making some solid tracks over the years. Nice horrible nasty bass :P

If you want some other really decent mixes head over to rinse.fm

Sick tune: Datsik - Mechano

Big tunes. Datik is godly.

I can't stop listening to this tune: Borgore -Saturday Night

I saw Borgore a couple of weeks back, he absolutely blew the place up, there was buckets of sweat and people where starting moshpits and shit :D

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-04 18:29:22

At 10/4/09 07:55 AM, Fim wrote:
Very good mix!! I like excision very much, he's a canadian producer I think, and he's been making some solid tracks over the years. Nice horrible nasty bass :P

Haha, I knew you would like it.
The complete mix is 80 minutes long.
Still didn't got to part 8. :/

I saw Borgore a couple of weeks back, he absolutely blew the place up, there was buckets of sweat and people where starting moshpits and shit :D

I once been in a moshpit, didn't came out well.
I took some hits, but I can't fight when I just smoked.
But it was fun. :D

At 7/6/09 06:35 PM, NEVR wrote:
Ed Rush & Optical - Chubrub (drops at about 1:28, listen with extra bass ;P)

I loove that beat, and I made a trippy movie on that song.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-05 00:11:10

Was going to have a mix-up at my mate's flat today, but one of his decks is on the fritz. :((((

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-08 12:09:40

At 10/5/09 12:11 AM, NEVR wrote: Was going to have a mix-up at my mate's flat today, but one of his decks is on the fritz. :((((

mixing is alot of fun ! I wish I had a spare grand so I could get some of my own :P
It's such an expencive hobby

At 10/7/09 09:09 PM, Daddy-L-Jackson wrote: May I join? I'm relatively new to DnB and DubStep, though I'm not really good with any artists or anything. But in general, it's pretty awesome music, especially with a subwoofer.

Sure thing man! We're not picky about who joins this club.
It's a shame there's not more of a dubstep following on newgrounds, but it is a scene that's gathering momentum and hopefully more people will get to hear about it with time,
what sort oof dubstep/ dnb are you into?

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-08 12:29:12

Totally irrelivant link I thought you guys might like, "Russian Rave in a Forest".

Kinda reminds me of the illegal raves I go to, except they're not playing dnb/ dubstep. I don't actually know what to call it. maybes pys/ trance? happy hardcore?

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-08 13:44:00

AIIIIIGHT.

This kid is in my class and makes dubstep songs.

It's good, but not my style of dubstep.

He got his first label last week.

LevelShifter.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-12 12:13:18

At 10/8/09 01:44 PM, Bendt wrote: AIIIIIGHT.
LevelShifter.

I duno, there seems to be alot of similar artists like him floating about at the minute, I guess because it is relivetly easy to download some software and start making your own dubstep tunes. But good on him if he managed to get himself signed. That's a pretty big achievement.

I like most sub genres outside of the gimmicky shit like clownstep. But particularly I like Dark DnB, Liquid Funk/Athmospheric DnB, the original Jungle stuff, as well as stuff like "Drill n Bass" (Hate the term) and Breakcore (Not exactly the same as DnB, but it's roots are in dnb)
As for DubStep, not anything in particular, though I prefer it without rappers and Grime influences.

Don't get me started on MCs, I think almost all the time that they ruin the DJs set, I have a couple of really well mixed Youngsta mixes on my ipod, and there's a really shitty MC chatting on about absolutely nothing the whole way through, he totally ruins it.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2009-10-13 09:58:20

Last night was HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE

Managed to catch Starkey, Sukh Knight, Stenchman, & Synkro in a really good club in town. All my favourite dub artists beginning with S !!

It was Starkey's Manchester debut and he flew out all the what from Philadelphia to do the set, was a siiick knight ;)

BBS Signature