00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted EoBad supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List

543,360 Views | 5,452 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-06 01:56:22

At 5/5/08 07:47 PM, Bahamut wrote: He really needs to like things that are Lemonparty-less.

Or else seeing Lemonparty wherever he looks.

I know if I loved Lemonparty more than anything else on this world, I'd be seeing it everywhere. It's rather disappointing that his imagination isn't very..... strong.

But isn't it fun when 999999th and 1000000th make posts every now and again? :)

No. #;-}>

Meh, can't complain if you like FF.

If only iscrulz would adopt your diplomatic attitude.

Then again, things like your sigpic... probably make things difficult for him.

No, you hate it. ;)

DON'T TELL ME WHAT I THINK ABOUT THINGS. I'LL SHOW YOU.

No, I just wanted to post more. At least 10 a day will do for me. Most of them from this forum, that is. :)

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

Have you watched it NOW?!
Nope, still haven't. WILL SOON.
If you don't watch it soon... >:(

If I don't..... then what?

He demands a link for proof.

Tell him I don't have one, as I only saw the Lemonparty in the game when watching someone playing it in person. So I don't know where to see it online. He'll just have to play the game to 100%.

Isn't it obvious?

Nope.

Yes, but I had to tell him to say that, because he intended to mention fishing games.

Expert? Fuck that for now!

Heh.

The final solo gets me close to being kicked off. :(

Practice, practice, practice!

I've got 5 stars on everything in hard except like 4-5 songs I have 4 stars on.

I know ONE of the tough spots for One is Fast Solo A. Damn, I find it a bitch on Medium, but even more of a bitch on Hard. :(

A bitch on medium? Yes, you need more practice. Nothing is a bitch on medium. Except getting 100% on FCPREMIX or TTFAF or One or Raining Blood, I suppose. #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-06 13:07:00

At 5/6/08 01:56 AM, gfoxcook wrote:

Better than me getting booed off while trying the first 'mosh' part of Raining Blood on Easy :(

I'm up to 5 stars on every song on easy except Raining Blood now. I got it up to 4 yesterday, so maybe the 5 is beckoning...

I know ONE of the tough spots for One is Fast Solo A. Damn, I find it a bitch on Medium, but even more of a bitch on Hard. :(
A bitch on medium? Yes, you need more practice. Nothing is a bitch on medium. Except getting 100% on FCPREMIX or TTFAF or One or Raining Blood, I suppose. #;-}>

I'm having enough troubles with Medium and guess what? I've got as far as Lou's Inferno on Medium. That means the setlist is:

Raining Blood :(
Cliffs of Dover :)
Number of the Beast :)
One :)
The Devil Went Down to Georgia >:)

Who knows. If I can get as good as 5* on easy with Slayer (Hell, at least they're more metal that Trivium), I might even try it on Medium, just to see my senses flayed alive.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-06 16:46:22

At 5/5/08 07:47 PM, Bahamut wrote: He really needs to like things that are Lemonparty-less.

So you're encouraging his love towards Lemonparty even more? Do you realise that doing that will only make him hate everything non-Lemonparty even more? :(

But isn't it fun when 999999th and 1000000th make posts every now and again? :)
No. #;-}>

Of course it's fun. ;) It's a shame we don't see them very often.

Meh, can't complain if you like FF.
If only iscrulz would adopt your diplomatic attitude.

Would he be happy if I blurred the word shite on the sig?

No, you hate it. ;)
DON'T TELL ME WHAT I THINK ABOUT THINGS. I'LL SHOW YOU.

You hate it
You hate it
You hate it
You hate it
You hate it
You hate it
You hate it

No, I just wanted to post more. At least 10 a day will do for me. Most of them from this forum, that is. :)
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

Yes... :p

If you don't watch it soon... >:(
If I don't..... then what?

I'll, erm...Kill you? That's the threat I always get from Omega.

Tell him I don't have one, as I only saw the Lemonparty in the game when watching someone playing it in person. So I don't know where to see it online. He'll just have to play the game to 100%.

He did complete the game 100% and didn't even see it then. He still thinks you're a liar.

Isn't it obvious?
Nope.

LOVE TEH LEMONPARTY!

Yes, but I had to tell him to say that, because he intended to mention fishing games.

MTE.

I will, but not tonight. And besides, I should be giving other games a chance.

The Fast Solo A on medium is a bitch, not the whole song overall.

At 5/6/08 01:07 PM, Coop83 wrote:
Better than me getting booed off while trying the first 'mosh' part of Raining Blood on Easy :(

lmao. I was like that on the first day playing Guitar Hero III, but eventually, I managed to play most of those notes properly.

I'm up to 5 stars on every song on easy except Raining Blood now. I got it up to 4 yesterday, so maybe the 5 is beckoning...

How much do you hate Slayer?

I'm having enough troubles with Medium and guess what? I've got as far as Lou's Inferno on Medium. That means the setlist is:

Raining Blood :)

YAY!

Yay.

YAY!

YAY!

YAY! That is such a great setlist. It's the best IMO, but the songs, I wish I could be able to play any song on Guitar Hero III.

Hell, at least they're more metal that Trivium

BOAT! RUDDER! STRANGE! MOUNTAIN!

Ah, I still love that video. :')

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-08 21:20:06

Mosh Part A IS the tough part of Raining Blood, though. On any difficulty.

It's an example of the EARLY "impossible solo" in a metal song on GH. Most "impossible solos" are later in songs, but not in Raining Blood.

Now... practically getting booed offstage while doing it on EASY... indicates you need practice, practice, practice... to the TENTH power, perhaps. #;-}>

I missed the "on easy" when reading that sentence at first, so I was thinking "surely he means medium or easy..." at first. Heh. #;-}>

Well, at least you stuck a smiley of some sort on all of those except for teh Raining Bloods.

Who knows. If I can get as good as 5* on easy with Slayer (Hell, at least they're more metal that Trivium), I might even try it on Medium, just to see my senses flayed alive.

Sure you can. I didn't have a 5 star on that song on easy on my first try, trust me. It was once I was conquering Medium that I went back and PERFECTED every song on Easy. Then went back to Medium, and found I could break a lot of my records on Medium way easier.

The best way to play any GH is to start out easy, go harder and harder, but don't be afraid to step back down a level when stuff gets tough. It's not that playing Easy is direct prep for playing Medium. But the secret to GH is you have to know the songs inside and out. The timings, the rhythms, etc. etc.... and while Easy is kinda... shitty, in that it doesn't even have you play HALF the notes in some parts, you can still hear the song and get familiar with it. Get nice and cozy with it, each and every playthrough of each and every song.

At 5/6/08 04:46 PM, Bahamut wrote:
So you're encouraging his love towards Lemonparty even more? Do you realise that doing that will only make him hate everything non-Lemonparty even more? :(

If there's Lemonparty everywhere he looks, then there won't BE any non-Lemonparty for him to hate, get me?

Ehhhh.

Posts on those accounts are just like posts on gfoxclock. They're posts not on gfoxcook. Now, I know I'm not going for 10k anymore, but have you noticed my postcount lately? I've posted more in 2008 already than I ever posted in 2007 or 2006 (separately, I mean... but maybe soon even combined).

DON'T STOP THE MOMENTUM!

I think if you changed it to "the shite," that would be even better.

You hate it
You hate it
You hate it
You hate it
You hate it
You hate it
You hate it

Your hate makes me stronger.

Still haven't watched it. UH OH!

He did complete the game 100% and didn't even see it then. He still thinks you're a liar.

Now he's the liar. There's no way he's completed the game 100%.

The Fast Solo A on medium is a bitch, not the whole song overall.

Well of course, but all it takes is one or two small portions of a song to be insane for the song itself to be a bitch, IMO. Raining Blood and One are perfect examples.

Raining Blood :)
YAY!
Yay.
YAY!
YAY!
YAY! That is such a great setlist. It's the best IMO, but the songs, I wish I could be able to play any song on Guitar Hero III.

Cliffs of Dover is a great little guitar instrumental, but it so doesn't fit in. I noticed your "yay" wasn't so excited right there. #;-}>

I love tiers 2, 3, and 6 the most, I think. 8 is great for Number of the Beast, of course... but One and Raining Blood are more... reminders of past and future frustrations... than enjoyable songs for me nowadays. #;-}>

Tier 7 would be so awesome if it wasn't for the Slipknot and the Disturbed.

The Queens of the Stone Age, Muse, and Living Colour songs... are probably the best three-song-in-a-row cluster in the whole GHIII library. It's just too bad the first two songs on tier 7 are so... BLECK.

Difficulty-wise, and "fittingness" wise, I think one of those two (the one that's so freakin' tough on Expert mode, can't remember which one) should be swapped with Cliffs of Dover.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-09 04:11:36

At 5/6/08 04:46 PM, Bahamut wrote:
lmao. I was like that on the first day playing Guitar Hero III, but eventually, I managed to play most of those notes properly.

I can play most of the properly now, I'm about 2% shy of 5-starring it and unlocking another guitar. I'm getting worried about playing it on Medium though :P

More than Triviium or however the fuck you're supposed to spell them :P

I 4*ed Cliffs of Dover last night first time out. I might get as far as the Devil Went Down to Georgia tonight, depending on how drunk I get at this 21st Birthday party I'm off to :P

At 5/8/08 09:20 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 5/6/08 01:07 PM, Coop83 wrote: Better than me getting booed off while trying the first 'mosh' part of Raining Blood on Easy :(
Mosh Part A IS the tough part of Raining Blood, though. On any difficulty.

It's an example of the EARLY "impossible solo" in a metal song on GH. Most "impossible solos" are later in songs, but not in Raining Blood.

I've heard about an achievement where you get through a song 90%+ and you get booed off stage. I can't even get that wrong, as I wasn't going to get 5* for Raining blood on this one run through and I just haemorrhaged all of my great sound and found that I'd failed at 89% >:(

Well, at least you stuck a smiley of some sort on all of those except for teh Raining Bloods.

Well, Number of the Beast is great and so is TDWDTG. I'd have preferred if they had selected 'Hit The Lights' as the solo is absolutely insane and I'd have something harder to play than Raining Blood or TTFAF :P

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-09 14:11:12

At 5/6/08 04:46 PM, Bahamut wrote: So you're encouraging his love towards Lemonparty even more? Do you realise that doing that will only make him hate everything non-Lemonparty even more? :(
If there's Lemonparty everywhere he looks, then there won't BE any non-Lemonparty for him to hate, get me?

Ohh yeah, I see now. ;) OK, have fun then.

Ehhhh.

Posts on those accounts are just like posts on gfoxclock. They're posts not on gfoxcook. Now, I know I'm not going for 10k anymore, but have you noticed my postcount lately? I've posted more in 2008 already than I ever posted in 2007 or 2006 (separately, I mean... but maybe soon even combined).

I know, but posts from your alts are still great, most especially 999999th and 1000000th. Also, DeviI might pay a visit to this thread. :)

Well fuck that. Either I blur it or I keep it as it is.

You hate it
You hate it
You hate it
You hate it
You hate it
You hate it
You hate it
Your hate makes me stronger.

I HATE GTAIV!

Stonger now? #;-}>

ALRIGHT, THAT'S IT! >:(

He did complete it 100%. I saw him reaching 100% and he wasn't impressed. Why? THERE WAS NO FUCKING LEMONPARTY!

Cliffs of Dover is a great little guitar instrumental, but it so doesn't fit in. I noticed your "yay" wasn't so excited right there. #;-}>

My sister calls it crap, because it's "too random". XD

They should have been replaced with awesome METAL bands.

METAL = Not Slipknot or Disturbed
Awesome METAL = Certainly not Slipknot or Disturbed and certainly not monotonous bland crap like 99% of death metal.

At 5/9/08 04:11 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 5/6/08 04:46 PM, Bahamut wrote: lmao. I was like that on the first day playing Guitar Hero III, but eventually, I managed to play most of those notes properly.
I can play most of the properly now, I'm about 2% shy of 5-starring it and unlocking another guitar. I'm getting worried about playing it on Medium though :P

Meh, I've already 5-starred it on Easy twice. :)

Also, yes you should worry about Raining Blood on Medium. It's pretty tough, but not as ridiculous as Hard or Expert (obviously).

Trillian. :P

I 4*ed Cliffs of Dover last night first time out. I might get as far as the Devil Went Down to Georgia tonight, depending on how drunk I get at this 21st Birthday party I'm off to :P

Which version do you have? PS3? Xbox 360? Wii?

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-10 05:48:34

At 5/9/08 02:11 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 5/6/08 04:46 PM, Bahamut wrote: lmao. I was like that on the first day playing Guitar Hero III, but eventually, I managed to play most of those notes properly.

Stop rubbing it in!

Also, yes you should worry about Raining Blood on Medium. It's pretty tough, but not as ridiculous as Hard or Expert (obviously).

I skipped it... for now. I just 5-starred Number of the Beast and 4-starred One - the last solo cost me dearly. Now I'm officially "Medium-Rare", which is allegedly better than my girlfriend :)

My girlfriend's brother has the XBOX version. If a PS3 gets cheap enough, of I get duped / coerced into buying a Wii, I might get my own copy, I suppose :P

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-11 01:53:30

At 5/9/08 04:11 AM, Coop83 wrote: I can play most of the properly now, I'm about 2% shy of 5-starring it and unlocking another guitar. I'm getting worried about playing it on Medium though :P

Awesome, you're almost there, then. Good luck on that guitar-unlock.

LOL!

Just be thankful no GH games have Trivium in them, eh?

You're gonna beat Medium, then?

I've heard about an achievement where you get through a song 90%+ and you get booed off stage. I can't even get that wrong, as I wasn't going to get 5* for Raining blood on this one run through and I just haemorrhaged all of my great sound and found that I'd failed at 89% >:(

Oh noeeeee... I wouldn't know about that achievement stuff, as I only have PS2 and Wii GHs.

Well, Number of the Beast is great and so is TDWDTG. I'd have preferred if they had selected 'Hit The Lights' as the solo is absolutely insane and I'd have something harder to play than Raining Blood or TTFAF :P

Most expert players of GH3 say that the "which is toughest" contest in GH3 is between TTFAF and TDWDTG, actually. Very few of them have problems with Raining Blood or One, it seems.

TDWDTG was very very tough to beat Lou on on Hard, for me. I can only imagine how tough it will be on Expert (but before I can find out, I gotta conquer One and Raining Blood on Expert, of course).

At 5/6/08 04:46 PM, Bahamut wrote: So you're encouraging his love towards Lemonparty even more? Do you realise that doing that will only make him hate everything non-Lemonparty even more? :(
Ohh yeah, I see now. ;) OK, have fun then.

You're the one responsible for brainwashing him, not I. I just tried to inspire you to do so. #;-}>

I know, but posts from your alts are still great, most especially 999999th and 1000000th. Also, DeviI might pay a visit to this thread. :)

Don't worry, they'll be back... when the time is right.

Keep it as is, then. iscrulz would probably think you'd secretly replaced it with something far worse if you blurred it.

I HATE GTAIV!

Stonger now? #;-}>

:::shrugs:::

He did complete it 100%. I saw him reaching 100% and he wasn't impressed. Why? THERE WAS NO FUCKING LEMONPARTY!

He wasn't looking hard enough.

It's like finding all the graffiti spots in GTA: San Andreas... not an easy task to spot it all.

Meaning the fretting is? It's quite a tricky finger-picker, but I can do decently on Expert on it, so it ain't that tough. I have to strum a lot of the supposed-to-be-hopos, though.

Awesome METAL = Certainly not Slipknot or Disturbed and certainly not monotonous bland crap like 99% of death metal.

Yeah. That woulda made tier 7 the greatest EVAR.

At 5/9/08 11:34 PM, BonusStage wrote: i'm pissed greg, i want to learn how to use dodges/shields/grabs in brawl but i don't know how to like LEARN to incorporate them into my tactiiiiiiiiiccccccccccsssssssss

I'm not the right person to talk to, as I haven't incorporated them that much into my own tactics, except for in the final 1P battle vs. that bastard final boss guy, Taboo or Tabu or whatever the hell his name is.

At 5/10/08 05:48 AM, Coop83 wrote: Stop rubbing it in!

More like... strumming it in!!!

I skipped it... for now. I just 5-starred Number of the Beast and 4-starred One - the last solo cost me dearly. Now I'm officially "Medium-Rare", which is allegedly better than my girlfriend :)

Bad-ass.

My girlfriend's brother has the XBOX version. If a PS3 gets cheap enough, of I get duped / coerced into buying a Wii, I might get my own copy, I suppose :P

DUPED OR COERCED? Wii = lovely. ;_;

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-12 03:34:48

Man, this had become Guitar Hero discussion central.... maybe that killed it.

On a more on-topic line of discussion.... Bahamut's latest update for the resumption of teh 10k+ list issssssssssssss.... end of May.

That'd be less than 3 weeks away now. ANYBODY ELSE MILDLY EXCITED? #;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-12 15:30:09

At 5/10/08 05:48 AM, Coop83 wrote:
Stop rubbing it in!

I 5-STARRED RAINING BLOOD TWICE ON EASY MODE LOL!

I skipped it... for now.

'Cause you hate it, right? :P

I just 5-starred Number of the Beast and 4-starred One - the last solo cost me dearly.

On Medium? Heh, I've 5-starred One, but not The Number of the Beast just yet.

Oh right. I think the Wii version would be better to get, although downloadable tracks aren't available for it yet. >:(

At 5/11/08 01:53 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 5/9/08 04:11 AM, Coop83 wrote: More than Triviium or however the fuck you're supposed to spell them :P
LOL!

I think it's spelt Trium, as in an old mobile phone. But why the fuck do Trivium show up here?!

Uhh, I think GH2 does, but only as a downloadable song.

TDWDTG was very very tough to beat Lou on on Hard, for me. I can only imagine how tough it will be on Expert (but before I can find out, I gotta conquer One and Raining Blood on Expert, of course).

On Career Hard mode, I'm on Tier 7 and fuck, the only song I've been able to play is Distrubed's.

At 5/9/08 02:11 PM, Bahamut wrote: Ohh yeah, I see now. ;) OK, have fun then.
You're the one responsible for brainwashing him, not I. I just tried to inspire you to do so. #;-}>

How am I responsible for that?

Don't worry, they'll be back... when the time is right.

Which could be years time. :P

Keep it as is, then. iscrulz would probably think you'd secretly replaced it with something far worse if you blurred it.

But then he won't see what was blurred.

I HATE GTAIV!

Stonger now? #;-}>
shrugs:::

FUCK GTAIV!

WATCHED IT NOW?!?!

He wasn't looking hard enough.

It's like finding all the graffiti spots in GTA: San Andreas... not an easy task to spot it all.

He even did that, still no Lemonparty.

Meaning the fretting is?

The song.

Yeah. That woulda made tier 7 the greatest EVAR.

Here are some songs that I think would have been good replacements for those two songs (these are all GH custom videos, yay):

Stratovarius - Speed of Light
Anthrax - Among the Living
Megadeth - Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
Dream Theater - Erotomania

At 5/12/08 03:34 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Man, this had become Guitar Hero discussion central.... maybe that killed it.

No, I just didn't feel like doing much posting yesterday.

On a more on-topic line of discussion.... Bahamut's latest update for the resumption of teh 10k+ list issssssssssssss.... end of May.

Indeed. :)

Everyone else should be.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-13 18:40:56

R.I.P. 666BahamutPyro69XXX

04/01/2008 to 05/13/2008

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-14 20:49:35

At 5/13/08 06:40 PM, iscrulz wrote: R.I.P. 666BahamutPyro69XXX

04/01/2008 to 05/13/2008

Damn, I knew this was going to happen eventually. I mean, another alt going around acting like another betty (that or the picture the alt had)? I guess Wade didn't like that at all. Oh well, at least he didn't go and wipe out most of the 'Bahamut' accounts like he once did when deleting some of Afro_Stud's alts. :(

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-14 23:03:11

At 5/12/08 03:30 PM, Bahamut wrote: I 5-STARRED RAINING BLOOD TWICE ON EASY MODE LOL!

HOW INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT!

Wha-wha-whatttttt? Number of the Beast is easier than One. That makes no sense!

Oh right. I think the Wii version would be better to get, although downloadable tracks aren't available for it yet. >:(

That's the one downside, yes.

DOESN'T COUNT.

On Career Hard mode, I'm on Tier 7 and fuck, the only song I've been able to play is Distrubed's.

Weirdness. I mean, it's not the hardest on tier 7 or anything, but it's not the easiest, either.

On Hard, I'd say 3's and 7's and Knights of Cydonia are easiest. To pass, I mean.

I don't even remember, man. I don't even remember.

WHO ARE WE TO QUESTION THE WISDOM OF THE SPECIAL USER IDS?!?!?

That's my point. He'll be assuming the worst then, and his abuse of you will KNOW NO END.

FUCK GTAIV!

I'd love to, but it ain't a woman.

WATCHED IT NOW?!?!

Ummm.....

Would it help if I lied? #;-}>

I said it was LIKE that, I didn't say it was equivalent.

Meaning the fretting is?
The song.

So the fretting in the song? #;-}>

I wasn't talking about the fretting/notes of another song, dagnabit.

Here are some songs that I think would have been good replacements for those two songs (these are all GH custom videos, yay):

Stratovarius - Speed of Light
Anthrax - Among the Living
Megadeth - Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
Dream Theater - Erotomania

I can safely say that yes, any of those would have been better than the two crappieces we had at the start of tier 7, yes. I'm not a huge Anthrax or Megadeth fan, but they're light years ahead of the aforementioned crappieces.... and the other two, from what I've heard, is very melodious metal, so that would fit right in with the likes of Knights of Cydonia and Cult of Personality, methinks.

Everyone else should be.

Well they damned well better say so, or else I'll assume they ain't... and then there'll be HELL TO PAY.

At 5/12/08 06:11 PM, BonusStage wrote:
At 5/11/08 01:53 AM, gfoxcook wrote: I'm not the right person to talk to, as I haven't incorporated them that much into my own tactics, except for in the final 1P battle vs. that bastard final boss guy, Taboo or Tabu or whatever the hell his name is.
I'm just so sad about it, i mean, certian level 9's like metaknight and fox have huge chances of kicking my ass due to their sheer ability to dodge.

Level 9s? You mean CPUs on the strongest difficulty level? I don't think (aside from the multi-man brawl enemies, where of course you have no say) that I've ever faced above a 7 or 8. I A-SCARED OF TEH 9s.

especially
that fucker
diddy kong
ugh

Heh. He's one fast lil' scrambler, I'll give him that. And his final smash is annoying as hell in a 4P wifi match.

04/01/2008 to 05/13/2008

:::salutes:::

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-15 19:31:51

At 5/14/08 11:03 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 5/12/08 03:30 PM, Bahamut wrote: I 5-STARRED RAINING BLOOD TWICE ON EASY MODE LOL!

INDEED IT IS!

I guess I should retry The Number of the Beast on medium then.

Nope, only got 4 star. Fucking hammer on-less solo! >:( That's what I really hate about medium mode. Some solos don't let you use hammer-ons at all.

That's the one downside, yes.

Fuck you Activison. Give us the downloadable songs already!

DOESN'T COUNT.

I'm afraid it does count. It's a song you can actually get, unlike using Custom Songs to play whatever you want.

Weirdness. I mean, it's not the hardest on tier 7 or anything, but it's not the easiest, either.

Well, I find it pretty hard.

On Hard, I'd say 3's and 7's and Knights of Cydonia are easiest. To pass, I mean.

Knights of Cydonia, yes, up until the middle part which fucks me up too much. I'd say Disturbed's was the easiest since I've managed to pass that one.

For making Luke think Lemonparty is everywhere or something like that.

WHO ARE WE TO QUESTION THE WISDOM OF THE SPECIAL USER IDS?!?!?

THEY'LL TAKE YEARS TO COME AGAIN!

That's my point. He'll be assuming the worst then, and his abuse of you will KNOW NO END.

He already knows what it is. Blurring it will make him feel better.

FUCK GTAIV!

GTAIV SUCKS!

WATCHED IT NOW?!?!
Ummm.....

You've got to be honest. Lying won't help you.

I said it was LIKE that, I didn't say it was equivalent.

But he still found no Lemonparty. Quit saying there is Lemonparty. Luke is getting mad at you now.

I'm not a huge Anthrax or Megadeth fan, but they're light years ahead of the aforementioned crappieces....

But do you like their songs that have been featured on the Guitar Hero games?

and the other two, from what I've heard, is very melodious metal, so that would fit right in with the likes of Knights of Cydonia and Cult of Personality, methinks.

Yay, someone agrees with my choice of Tier 7 setlist. Too late to replace Slipknot and Disturbed on GHIII now (with the exception of custom track, that is), I just hope those songs will be added on GHIV. Seriously, they need to give other metal bands a chance.

Everyone else should be.
Well they damned well better say so, or else I'll assume they ain't... and then there'll be HELL TO PAY.

Hmm, I've been experiencing server errors and slow loading problems again. :(

04/01/2008 to 05/13/2008
salutes:::

Speaking of deleted alts, I heard betty is banned for good now.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-17 17:19:14

At 5/15/08 07:31 PM, Bahamut wrote:
INDEED IT IS!

(NOT)

I guess I should retry The Number of the Beast on medium then.

... uh.. yeah. Definitely.

Nope, only got 4 star. Fucking hammer on-less solo! >:( That's what I really hate about medium mode. Some solos don't let you use hammer-ons at all.

So? Just fret and strum fast, man! YOU CAN DO IT.

Besides, some of the hard parts in One have very little HOPO potential on Medium or Hard, but on Expert they finally show their true HOPOy form.

I can't understand how you're having problems with the solo in NOTB on Medium. PRACTICE, I guess.

Eh. The original songlist is so damned good, I don't even mind that much. The only thing that would piss me off is if I heard some of the best songs from GH1, GH2, and GH:80s were available for DL into GH3 on XB360 + PS3... then I'd be ANGARY. Otherwise? Eh.

Aerosmith + GH4 will be out soon enough, and as long as Nintendo (it's not just Activision's fault, man) + Activition can get that shit sorted out by GH4, all will be well.

WiiWare just debuted on Monday 5/12, so Nintendo should be able to shift their focus to getting 3rd party DLable content going soon, let's hope.

:::DLed Defend Your Castle for my Wii for 500 Wiipoints... Woot woot!:::

I'm afraid it does count. It's a song you can actually get, unlike using Custom Songs to play whatever you want.

Can't get it for my PS2, so doesn't count for me.

Besides, I was just joking, I don't even know what Trivium is like, I was just playing along with you guys in sharing your distaste for them, because I don't have anything better to do when it comes to Trivium discussions on the BBS. #;-}>

Yet it's the ONLY song out of 4.. soon to be 5... that you can pass?

Knights of Cydonia, yes, up until the middle part which fucks me up too much. I'd say Disturbed's was the easiest since I've managed to pass that one.

You mean the ascending/descending 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3-4 10 note parts? And then the GALLOPING TRIPLETS as the songchart calls them? They're only really hard on Expert mode. On Hard, Galloping Triplets is fine. Just.... practice.

The end 2 minutes is the same thing in Hard and Expert, so it's tough (mostly because of how long it lasts, not in and of itself).

I had a hard-assed time ever FCing Knights of Cydonia on Medium, but I finally got it done. I can't FC it on Hard, but I can certainly 5-star it easy on Hard. On Expert, I 5-star it about half the times I play it, and since it's one of my top-3-played songs... that means yeah, it's not exactly a pushover on Expert. Plus I just can't super-strum that flawlessly yet. I still needs more practice on getting the timing right of long stretches of superstrum (i.e. super-fast alt-strumming).

For making Luke think Lemonparty is everywhere or something like that.

Oh, because you could help the rest of us encourage him to adopt that sort of attitude and therefore be happy all the time instead of being pissed off all the time.

(You may think that would suck all the fun out of the account at that point, but trust me... then you'll be pissing OTHER people off with Luke butting into threads and talking about the lovely Lemonparty he sees everywhere in his blissful fantasy zone... rather than pissing people off with Luke butting into threads and complaining about all the lovely Lemonparty he DOESN'T see everywhere... see? It's a WINNAR either way #;-}>)

If you feel that way, WTF are you asking for my opinion for, then? DO IT, THEN. Wotev. #;-}>

FUCK GTAIV!
GTAIV SUCKS!

That'd be great if it did, but it ain't a woman.

WATCHED IT NOW?!?!
Ummm.....

Okay, then I still haven't watched it. ;_;

TBH, I've asked my gf if she wanted to watch it a couple times, but both times she was busy doing other stuff. She's a big Futurama fan, too, though, so I'm waiting to watch it with her. Some night this week when she gets home from work and we don't have House or NCIS or etc. etc. to watch, I'll suggest it again, okay?

But he still found no Lemonparty. Quit saying there is Lemonparty. Luke is getting mad at you now.

........................ FEAR

Ehhh... Not as much as I like the Iron Maiden and Dio and of course Ozzy/Sabbath etc. etc. songs. But better than those two shitpiles by far.

Yay, someone agrees with my choice of Tier 7 setlist. Too late to replace Slipknot and Disturbed on GHIII now (with the exception of custom track, that is), I just hope those songs will be added on GHIV. Seriously, they need to give other metal bands a chance.

That'd be cool.

But also, more Dio + Iron Maiden + Ozzy/Sabbath. #;-}>

Same here. Last night I had like 3 error pages. Actual pages. It blew.... Had to constantly reload shit. I far prefer having to click on a vote or post button again a couple times to get a vote or post to go through... than having to reload entire pages.

Especially when I've opened up 10 movie pages, or 10 threads to read... and half of them are error pages. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

And deleted?

I ask, because my profile's news post had reached 91 comments, and it shrunk to 90 a day or two ago. I figured one of the trollposts I don't delete got deleted along with its account. WHOOPS.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-18 19:24:20

At 5/17/08 05:19 PM, gfoxcook wrote: And deleted?

I ask, because my profile's news post had reached 91 comments, and it shrunk to 90 a day or two ago. I figured one of the trollposts I don't delete got deleted along with its account. WHOOPS.

Speaking of deleted...

I reviewed a single flash this morning, to go up to 722 after a few days at 721.... and was gonna hold there for the update, then start reviewing again en masse...

And a few hours later, I see that my review total is back to 721... AND MY RESPONSE TOTAL IS DOWN TO 286. It had been at 287 for days and days.

A flash I reviewed on 1/20/08 (which was submitted that same day) was just deleted today, 5/18, for whatever reason.

Suck. ;_;

So I reviewed another to get back to 722, but I doubt it'll get a response. SUCK.

I woulda reviewed Bahamut's new flash instead, but that was submitted long after I reviewed.... I'll review his next, though, before my next 15-review streak on his other stuff. #;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-18 19:47:44

At 5/17/08 05:19 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
INDEED IT IS!
(NOT)

'TIS!

I could, but not just yet. Besides, it would have been much easier if you could hammer-on the solo.

I can't understand how you're having problems with the solo in NOTB on Medium. PRACTICE, I guess.

Practice, UGH! I hate that fucking word!

Eh. The original songlist is so damned good, I don't even mind that much. The only thing that would piss me off is if I heard some of the best songs from GH1, GH2, and GH:80s were available for DL into GH3 on XB360 + PS3... then I'd be ANGARY. Otherwise? Eh.

I just hate missing out on bonuses.

Aerosmith + GH4 will be out soon enough, and as long as Nintendo (it's not just Activision's fault, man) + Activition can get that shit sorted out by GH4, all will be well.

I still blame Activision. They should spend more time fixing this shit rather than making pointless annual Tony Hawk games.

WiiWare just debuted on Monday 5/12, so Nintendo should be able to shift their focus to getting 3rd party DLable content going soon, let's hope.

Yeah, I hope so. Speaking of WiiWare, I heard it comes out in Europe in 2 days time (well, tomorrow since it's 19th now). :)

Can't get it for my PS2, so doesn't count for me.

Oh, fair enough then. BUT, if you had an Xbox 360, then it would count.

Besides, I was just joking, I don't even know what Trivium is like, I was just playing along with you guys in sharing your distaste for them, because I don't have anything better to do when it comes to Trivium discussions on the BBS. #;-}>

Trivium = Metallica wannabe emo music.

Yet it's the ONLY song out of 4.. soon to be 5... that you can pass?

Yes it is. :(

You mean the ascending/descending 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3-4 10 note parts? And then the GALLOPING TRIPLETS as the songchart calls them? They're only really hard on Expert mode. On Hard, Galloping Triplets is fine. Just.... practice.

STILL HARD on HARD!

(You may think that would suck all the fun out of the account at that point, but trust me... then you'll be pissing OTHER people off with Luke butting into threads and talking about the lovely Lemonparty he sees everywhere in his blissful fantasy zone... rather than pissing people off with Luke butting into threads and complaining about all the lovely Lemonparty he DOESN'T see everywhere... see? It's a WINNAR either way #;-}>)

Don't worry, Luke only intends to post in the Wi/Ht? forum. If he posts elsewhere, he'll be banned, just like Trish.

If you feel that way, WTF are you asking for my opinion for, then? DO IT, THEN. Wotev. #;-}>

There, I kinda blurred it.

FUCK GTAIV!
GTAIV SUCKS!

GTAIV IS EXTREMELY TERRIBLE!

Okay, then I still haven't watched it. ;_;

TBH, I've asked my gf if she wanted to watch it a couple times, but both times she was busy doing other stuff. She's a big Futurama fan, too, though

I'm pretty sure she isn't. :P

Ehhh... Not as much as I like the Iron Maiden and Dio and of course Ozzy/Sabbath etc. etc. songs. But better than those two shitpiles by far.

Heh, Shitknot.

That'd be cool.

Looks like Dream Theater are going to be on Guitar Hero IV!! :D

And since it said "a few progressive bands like Dream Theater", that could mean Opeth and Symphony X are likely to be on the game. This is giving me high hopes for the next game! :D

Same here. Last night I had like 3 error pages. Actual pages. It blew.... Had to constantly reload shit. I far prefer having to click on a vote or post button again a couple times to get a vote or post to go through... than having to reload entire pages.

Especially when I've opened up 10 movie pages, or 10 threads to read... and half of them are error pages. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Did the "Server upgrade" make a big difference? As far as I'm concerned, it's not helped the issue besides slightly reducing the errors and making the servers slightly faster. However, the site has been slow today. Oh, and more server errors.

And deleted?

Yes. No-one can use the name betty now.

At 5/18/08 07:24 PM, gfoxcook wrote: I woulda reviewed Bahamut's new flash instead, but that was submitted long after I reviewed.... I'll review his next, though, before my next 15-review streak on his other stuff. #;-}>

Yay! :) I look forward to those reviews.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-21 23:47:15

At 5/18/08 07:47 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 5/17/08 05:19 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
INDEED IT IS!
(NOT)
'TIS!

No, it's not. I just 5-starred Raining Blood on Hard FOUR times a couple days ago. THAT's difficult. #;-}>

My first time getting it up from 4-stars to 5-stars on Hard, in fact, was that night. I also managed to get my Take This Life up from 3-stars to 4-stars w/ ~244k score (damn, that song is hard on Hard)... and while my TTFAF is still at 3-stars on Hard, I got my high score up from 210k to 242k. 4-stars isn't too far off, I can make it.

I could, but not just yet. Besides, it would have been much easier if you could hammer-on the solo.

Some solos are easier that way (see Cult of Personality), but some solos don't really need it, IMO.

Practice, UGH! I hate that fucking word!

Heh.

I still blame Activision. They should spend more time fixing this shit rather than making pointless annual Tony Hawk games.

Heh.... true, dat.

Yeah, I hope so. Speaking of WiiWare, I heard it comes out in Europe in 2 days time (well, tomorrow since it's 19th now). :)

Have fun! Defend Your Castle is just like on NG... only better!

Yep, but I don't, so it won't. #;-}>

STILL HARD on HARD!

True. But not AS hard. #;-}>

Don't worry, Luke only intends to post in the Wi/Ht? forum. If he posts elsewhere, he'll be banned, just like Trish.

I see.

FUCK GTAIV!
GTAIV SUCKS!

... to not have teh secks with? I AGREE!

TBH, I've asked my gf if she wanted to watch it a couple times, but both times she was busy doing other stuff. She's a big Futurama fan, too, though
I'm pretty sure she isn't. :P

THhhhhhhhhhhhbpt.

WOOT WOOT!

And since it said "a few progressive bands like Dream Theater", that could mean Opeth and Symphony X are likely to be on the game. This is giving me high hopes for the next game! :D

Grooveh. I've also heard that it will feature Drum Hero compatibility.... AND.... "create your own songchart" modes!

If GH4 is gonna kick THAT much ass, it almost makes me consider passing over Rock Band (Which is coming out for the Wii in June), but we'll see...

Yes. No-one can use the name betty now.

I feel bad for the two or three Betty-named girls out there somewhere in the world who might want to signup for NG accounts.

Then again, most girls who signup for NG accounts are smart enough not to make account names with just their first name straight off the bat, so...

KEEP LOOKIN' FORWARD. I'm waiting for Auz to go on vacation to start, now, since he's gonna have that early update due to it, and presumably a late update (relatively) after it.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-22 12:51:54

Ah gfox, about my Pentalist updates, I've decided to run them on a site. I've not decided where exactly yet, but before starting these updates, I think it's best for you to see what the updates will look like and see if there's anything you don't like about it.

Does that sound good?

At 5/21/08 11:47 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 5/18/08 07:47 PM, Bahamut wrote: 'TIS!
No, it's not. I just 5-starred Raining Blood on Hard FOUR times a couple days ago. THAT's difficult. #;-}>

Alright alright. I just felt like arguing with that silly topic.

My first time getting it up from 4-stars to 5-stars on Hard, in fact, was that night. I also managed to get my Take This Life up from 3-stars to 4-stars w/ ~244k score (damn, that song is hard on Hard)... and while my TTFAF is still at 3-stars on Hard, I got my high score up from 210k to 242k. 4-stars isn't too far off, I can make it.

DAMN TAKE THIS LIFE! It really annoys me on Hard mode. Not only it's a different style of In Flames than to what I like, the beginning on hard mode is just annoying. It just kicks me off after 10 seconds.

Some solos are easier that way (see Cult of Personality), but some solos don't really need it, IMO.

You mean strum and fret solos are easier? Not for The Number of the Beast. But Cult of Personality, can't argue with that one.

Heh.... true, dat.

I mean, what if there were annual games for Super Smash Bros.? The quantities of the games would be bad. Now if Tony Hawk games were only made once or twice every generation, that would be acceptable. Same goes for WWE and FIFA games.

Heh, as soon as I read Defend Your Castle, I immediately thought of NG. :)

Yep, but I don't, so it won't. #;-}>

Well, Trivium still count as being on a Guitar Hero game.

Does it look better?

FUCK GTAIV!
GTAIV SUCKS!

GTAIV IS THE WORST GAME EVER!

WOOT WOOT!

Indeed. I'm getting excited for it now. If they'll be added, then I'm guessing Constant Motion will be added. Not their best song, but it's the likeliest one to be on there.

Grooveh. I've also heard that it will feature Drum Hero compatibility.... AND.... "create your own songchart" modes!

It's true. It's now going to have bass, drums AND vocals. And yes, you'll be able to create your own songs. Sucks that you can't add vocals, though.

If GH4 is gonna kick THAT much ass, it almost makes me consider passing over Rock Band (Which is coming out for the Wii in June), but we'll see...

Same here. As long as there's no ridiculous price for GH4 like Rock Band will be here (over £130 for the whole fucking thing and it's more expensive than in America. FUCK YOU EA), I'm certainly going to get it.

KEEP LOOKIN' FORWARD.

lol ok, I will.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-22 22:29:09

At 5/22/08 12:51 PM, Bahamut wrote: Ah gfox, about my Pentalist updates, I've decided to run them on a site. I've not decided where exactly yet, but before starting these updates, I think it's best for you to see what the updates will look like and see if there's anything you don't like about it.

Does that sound good?

Web updates are definitely the way to go, man. It's been a loooooooooooong long time since I posted a BBS update of a pentalist, as the archives clearly show on my site. #;-}>

Sure, sounds fine. Either link me to the updates on your webspace (if you have it yet) via PM.... or e-mail my gmail with the file itself if you no have teh webspace set up yet, and make sure to PM me that you've e-mailed it, cause I don't check my e-mail automatically too often.

At 5/18/08 07:47 PM, Bahamut wrote: 'TIS!

YOU SO CRAZY!

DAMN TAKE THIS LIFE! It really annoys me on Hard mode. Not only it's a different style of In Flames than to what I like, the beginning on hard mode is just annoying. It just kicks me off after 10 seconds.

Yeah, it's the back-and-forth two fingeriness.

I have to do the yellow-blues, the green-reds, AND the red-yellows all with just my index+middle fingers, meaning I have to move my hand all over the fretboard as opposed to only using it in my usual Hard or Expert hand position (index on green or red, the other three on yellow/blue/orange... only moving middle up to red if there's a green-red chord).

You mean strum and fret solos are easier? Not for The Number of the Beast. But Cult of Personality, can't argue with that one.

I mean that I personally have no problem strumming most solos.

Fretting some solos, sure. But the strumming is seldom my problem on solos. Just the fretting.

Sometimes, in fact, having to worry about HOPOing wrong (miss just one, and boom, you miss the 5 notes after it unless you're prepared to strum every time you screw up).... makes me just switch to ignoring HOPOs and strumming all of some tough solos.

NOT in Cult of Personality of course. Not all the time, at least. If there's a 4-note descending or ascending pattern, however... like in Cult at times or in Knights of Cydonia, I might strum the first note of the pattern... each time it comes up, even if all of the notes are HOPO-able. I'd rather strum, then HOPO three notes... strum, then HOPO three notes.... etc.

I mean, what if there were annual games for Super Smash Bros.? The quantities of the games would be bad. Now if Tony Hawk games were only made once or twice every generation, that would be acceptable. Same goes for WWE and FIFA games.

Whew.... (on behalf of Smash Bros' quality).

Damn straight! When I saw that on the Wii Shop channel, I was all... "NO WAY!"

I had 900 wii points sitting in my account, so I HAD to grab it for 500... I gotta get me some more 2000 point cards next time I go shoppin' at teh Best Buy, though.

Since the same guy made games like Stick RPG and Motherload... I wonder if anything else will be coming to WiiWare soon.

BUT NOT IN MY HOUSE, FEAR NOT.

Does it look better?

No.

... to avoid purchasing!

Indeed. I'm getting excited for it now. If they'll be added, then I'm guessing Constant Motion will be added. Not their best song, but it's the likeliest one to be on there.

I just hope and hope and hope that either Aces High or 2 Minutes to Midnight will be in GH4 as well. I think it's ridiculous that neither has been in a single GH yet with 4 they coulda been in so far (they wouldn't really belong in Aerosmith unless somehow Iron Maiden was inspired by them or ever toured with them #;-}>).

Speaking of Iron Maiden, they're playing in Houston tonight.

Well, not exactly. 40 miles north, at a really shitty suburban music venue, but.... eh. If they'd come downtown, I woulda considered going. #;-}>

It's true. It's now going to have bass, drums AND vocals. And yes, you'll be able to create your own songs. Sucks that you can't add vocals, though.

Eh. Instrumentals kick ass. See: the track right after the two Iron Maiden tracks I love above all others and just mentioned, on Powerslave. #;-}>

Same here. As long as there's no ridiculous price for GH4 like Rock Band will be here (over £130 for the whole fucking thing and it's more expensive than in America. FUCK YOU EA), I'm certainly going to get it.

Well, clearly they'll offer options, just like Rock Band does... get it with the full package... just with a guitar, just with the drums, etc.

Unless the guitar that comes with is super badass... I'll just be buying GH4+the drums, methinks.

I have a USB Wii mic from WiiBoogie (a somewhat lame game my mom got me for last Christmas), and I assume that'll work with GH4.

KEEP LOOKIN' FORWARD.
lol ok, I will.

Heh.

DON'T LOOK BEHIND YOU.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-25 21:22:55

At 5/22/08 10:29 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 5/22/08 12:51 PM, Bahamut wrote: Ah gfox, about my Pentalist updates, I've decided to run them on a site. I've not decided where exactly yet, but before starting these updates, I think it's best for you to see what the updates will look like and see if there's anything you don't like about it.

Does that sound good?
Web updates are definitely the way to go, man. It's been a loooooooooooong long time since I posted a BBS update of a pentalist, as the archives clearly show on my site. #;-}>

Posting them on the BBS would be impossible for me considering I'm not a BBS mod, therefore, not being able to get around the post-limit. If I were to post it on the BBS, I'd have to resort to posting with several alts. 0__0

Sure, sounds fine. Either link me to the updates on your webspace (if you have it yet) via PM.... or e-mail my gmail with the file itself if you no have teh webspace set up yet, and make sure to PM me that you've e-mailed it, cause I don't check my e-mail automatically too often.

I'll PM you the link once we're ready. We'll have to get cracking on it as soon as I see Casualty online sometime this week.

At 5/18/08 07:47 PM, Bahamut wrote:
YOU SO CRAZY!

Of course. I've always been crazy, random, odd and weird and I'm so fucking proud of it! :)

I mean that I personally have no problem strumming most solos.

Well I have, especially on The Number of the Beast and One. >:(

Whew.... (on behalf of Smash Bros' quality).

Yeah, I'm glad Nintendo know what to do and what not to do.

THANK YOU NINTENDO!

Damn straight! When I saw that on the Wii Shop channel, I was all... "NO WAY!"

I'll need some more Wii points and right now, I'm a bit tight on money. And besides, I should finish off all the other games I have before getting anything else.

BUT NOT IN MY HOUSE, FEAR NOT.

So they're not gonna ride bike in your house? :P

... to avoid purchasing!

Dunno why you added the word avoid there.

I just hope and hope and hope that either Aces High or 2 Minutes to Midnight will be in GH4 as well. I think it's ridiculous that neither has been in a single GH yet with 4 they coulda been in so far (they wouldn't really belong in Aerosmith unless somehow Iron Maiden was inspired by them or ever toured with them #;-}>).

ACES HIGH PLEASE! Fucking great song, they must add it onto GH4. If not, then they're likely to add Run to the Hills. Rock Revolution have already added that song onto their game.

Eh. Instrumentals kick ass. See: the track right after the two Iron Maiden tracks I love above all others and just mentioned, on Powerslave. #;-}>

TELL ME WHY I HAD TO BE A POWERSLAVE!

Well, clearly they'll offer options, just like Rock Band does... get it with the full package... just with a guitar, just with the drums, etc.

Guitar and drums would be enough for me.

lol ok, I will.
Heh.

DON'T LOOK BEHIND YOU.

Why? What's behind me?

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-26 14:09:54

At 5/25/08 09:22 PM, Bahamut wrote: Posting them on the BBS would be impossible for me considering I'm not a BBS mod, therefore, not being able to get around the post-limit. If I were to post it on the BBS, I'd have to resort to posting with several alts. 0__0

Yeah, or have massively-nerfed broken-up list postchains...

Or not have profile links on the usernames.

Or somethin'.

I'll PM you the link once we're ready. We'll have to get cracking on it as soon as I see Casualty online sometime this week.

Sounds like a plan.

Of course. I've always been crazy, random, odd and weird and I'm so fucking proud of it! :)

I thought that said "old" at first, and I was gonna say... "HUH? me and Recon and bila are the old folk around here, you whippersnapper!"

Well I have, especially on The Number of the Beast and One. >:(

Oh noes. ;_;

Well, I've heard from some that they find the solo on One easier in Expert than in Hard, because it's HOPOable in Expert, but you have to strum it on Hard.

Something to think about for you once you're good enough at Hard to go on to Expert.

I've 5-starred every damned song on Hard now except for One, TTFAF, The Way it Ends, and Take This Life (4-stars on all of those except 3-stars on TTFAF).

Goddamned bonus songs are harder than the main songs... (well, at least the bottom three are...)

I'll need some more Wii points and right now, I'm a bit tight on money. And besides, I should finish off all the other games I have before getting anything else.

I wish I lived by that attitude, but alas... I do not.

I'm seriously in the middle of like... 5 million games... that I care about finishing at some point. Don't even get me started on the ones I DON'T care about (add 10 more to the Gamecube and PS2 lists, then!)

Lemme think...

PS2:

Bully
GTA III
GTA: Vice City Stories (beat regular Vice City, at least)
GTA: San Andreas
Dragon Quest VIII
God of War
FFX
Okami (but never will, most likely... I now play it on the Wii)

Gamecube:

Super Smash Bros Melee
Zelda: Windwaker
Super Mario Sunshine
Paper Mario
Resident Evil 4 (as above, never will... have it for the Wii now as well)

Wii:

Mario Kart Wii (well, I finished all tracks/cups in Grand Prix, but I don't consider the game finished)
Super Smash Bros Brawl (finished the 1P mode with my gf all the way... but not sure if that counts, either)
GH3 (well... all I have left is some bonus songs on Expert, Raining Blood, One, and the duel with the devil... so close)
Super Mario Galaxy
Paper Mario Wii
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3
Fire Emblem Wii

Virtual Console:

Zelda: Ocarina of Time

DS:

FFXII Revenant Wings
Prof. Layton and the Curious Village

Trivium ain't gonna do anything in my house.

... to avoid purchasing!

Well, for one thing.... "GTA is the worst game ever.... to purchasing!" doesn't make a damned lick of sense, my friend.

ACES HIGH PLEASE! Fucking great song, they must add it onto GH4. If not, then they're likely to add Run to the Hills. Rock Revolution have already added that song onto their game.

RTTH would be okay, but I really really really want Aces High or 2 Minutes to Midnight first. Plus, Number of the Beast's already been in a GH game... when is a song from Powerslave gonna get on the main tracklist of a GH game, yanno? It's their best album, IMO (not that I have a ton of experience, I only have two of 'em, but.... I can't imagine there's one better than it).

Rime of the Ancient Mariner would be pretty badass, too, speaking of Powerslave songs.... Heh.

That would be my 4th choice from the Powerslave album. And the 5th choice would be track 3, Big 'Orra or whatnot. #;-}>

You won't need the guitar if you've kept yours from GH3. #;-}>

Unless you wanna lead/rhythm or lead/bass with someone else, of course, and they don't have a guitar as well.

lol ok, I will.
Heh.

DON'T LOOK BEHIND YOU.
Why? What's behind me?

:::shrugs:::

Just an obscure Greek mythology reference, 'tis all.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-26 14:20:22

WELCOME TO PAGE 123 OF YE OLDE PENTALIST TOPIC.

I think the previous page of this topic was the longest (in terms of actual "pagedowns" you'd have to do to get from the top to the bottom...

92 pagedowns with my particular browser settings and window size... holy.... freakin'... hell.

Let's try measuring it by a different standard:

gfox short post (1)
Bonus short post (1)
Bahamut long post (3)
Bahamut medium post (2)
gfox medium post (2)
Bahamut medium post (2)
gfox medium post (2)
Coop short post (1)
Bahamut long post (3)
gfox long post (3)
Coop medium post (2)
Bahamut long post (3)
Bonus super-short post (0.5)
Coop short post (1)
gfox long post (3)
gfox super-short post (0.5)
Bahamut long post (3)
Bonus short post (1)
iscrulz super-short post (0.5)
Bahamut super-short post (0.5)
gfox long post (3)
Bahamut long post (3)
gfox long post (3)
gfox short post (1)
Bahamut long post (3)
gfox long post (3)
Bahamut long post (3)
gfox long post (3)
Bahamut long post (3)
gfox long post (3)

Total postlength of page 122: 63
Average postlenght on page 122: 2.1

HOLY SHIT.

I'd like to thank myself, Bahamut, BonusStage, Coop83, and iscrulz for contributing to the page's insanity.

You my boys.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-27 21:07:15

... well, this page is apparently going to be SUPER slow moving. #;-}>

Bahamut, I have teh GOOD NEWS fer ya.

My gf and I saw Bender's Big Score last night! OMG.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-28 10:35:28

92 pagedowns? Lol, what kind of settings are you using? I needed just 44, with a monitor resolution of 1050 pixels high, which gives me a view port of say... 900 pixels? Too bad I didn't contribute to the page, but tbh I wasn't too interested in the discussions going on there. Also, what I'm doing here is just posting a regular short post on page 123, so this one won't be as awesome...

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-28 11:08:56

At 5/28/08 10:35 AM, Casualty wrote: 92 pagedowns? Lol, what kind of settings are you using?

I wondered too. I needed 43 or 42 (resolution of 1280 pixels high).
But I really don't know how this compares to other pages and other threads, as I usually don't count the pagedowns. :P

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-28 17:43:38

At 5/26/08 02:09 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 5/25/08 09:22 PM, Bahamut wrote: Posting them on the BBS would be impossible for me considering I'm not a BBS mod, therefore, not being able to get around the post-limit. If I were to post it on the BBS, I'd have to resort to posting with several alts. 0__0
Yeah, or have massively-nerfed broken-up list postchains...

Or not have profile links on the usernames.

Or somethin'.

No need to worry about that since the updates WILL be done on a website. :) I've PMed you the link, so you can see what the pentalists will look like. I look forward to your comments about the list.

Sounds like a plan.

Done and done.

I thought that said "old" at first, and I was gonna say... "HUH? me and Recon and bila are the old folk around here, you whippersnapper!"

Hahahaha, no. I can't be old NG-wise or real life age-wise. OK, maybe 4 years is quite a long time now, but I still don't feel this account is old enough to be considered old. ;)

Well, I've heard from some that they find the solo on One easier in Expert than in Hard, because it's HOPOable in Expert, but you have to strum it on Hard.

There's not much of a difference between hard and expert for the fast solo. The only difference in Fast Solo A is the near end of it.

I wish I lived by that attitude, but alas... I do not.

But I've not played much on the Wii recently. I might play on Mario Kart Wii with my sister later, though. :)

Lemme think...

Damn, too many games.

Trivium ain't gonna do anything in my house.

Good. I hate those bastards and so does Coop.

... to avoid purchasing!
Well, for one thing.... "GTA is the worst game ever.... to purchasing!" doesn't make a damned lick of sense, my friend.

It's the one game you must avoid.

Rime of the Ancient Mariner would be pretty badass, too, speaking of Powerslave songs.... Heh.

I think Rime of the Ancient Mariner would be too long for GH, though. ;)

That would be my 4th choice from the Powerslave album. And the 5th choice would be track 3, Big 'Orra or whatnot. #;-}>

And at the bottom are those three fillers. However, Flash of the Blade is still a damn good song.

You won't need the guitar if you've kept yours from GH3. #;-}>

I need a second guitar, though.

Why? What's behind me?
shrugs:::
Just an obscure Greek mythology reference, 'tis all.

Oh, nothing special then. XP

At 5/26/08 02:20 PM, gfoxcook wrote: I think the previous page of this topic was the longest (in terms of actual "pagedowns" you'd have to do to get from the top to the bottom...

You sure? I felt like we've had pages even longer than that.

I'd like to thank myself, Bahamut, BonusStage, Coop83, and iscrulz for contributing to the page's insanity.

You my boys.

You're welcome.

At 5/27/08 09:07 PM, gfoxcook wrote: ... well, this page is apparently going to be SUPER slow moving. #;-}>

Bahamut, I have teh GOOD NEWS fer ya.

My gf and I saw Bender's Big Score last night! OMG.

YES!! FINALLY! What did you think of it?

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-29 03:06:54

At 5/26/08 02:20 PM, gfoxcook wrote: WELCOME TO PAGE 123 OF YE OLDE PENTALIST TOPIC.

I think the previous page of this topic was the longest (in terms of actual "pagedowns" you'd have to do to get from the top to the bottom...

92 pagedowns with my particular browser settings and window size... holy.... freakin'... hell.

I smell a list coming on :P That stat is bizzare, considering that I'd never notice it - I use the mouse wheel, except on the main computer, which my brother has knackered the wheel.

At 5/27/08 09:07 PM, gfoxcook wrote: My gf and I saw Bender's Big Score last night! OMG.

Awesome. Waht did you think? Or was that the OMG, just to state complete dumbfoundedness about it.

At 5/28/08 11:08 AM, Haggard wrote: But I really don't know how this compares to other pages and other threads, as I usually don't count the pagedowns. :P

Amen to that. So are we going to try for a longer page of postage?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-31 14:19:30

Bahamut's very first Web Pentalist update is finally up! :D

This is my very first 2x10k pentalist update, so there may be mistakes here. Please forgive me for any errors contained on this list. I've done a lot to fix a lot of errors I've had today and it's been tough. Hopefully the next time won't be so much of a hassle.

NOTE: The only major changes from my update to gfoxcook's updates are that this is on a different site (duh) and reviews are now a combined total of flash reviews and audio reviews. Now it's slightly easier to reach 10k reviews. ;)

Welcome to: AshtonNextGen, Chumbawamba, FBIpolux, Haggard, Justin, Mendou, Muffin, Overtired, Sk8erGirl14 and someone-else!

Heinrich, iWalker, Phantom, RemRulzz, Seamonky, Sentio, TheSoulMan and Ventar are now triplelisted, while Cyberdevil is quadlisted! Now to wonder when Cyberdevil can get his lazy ass to make 10000 combined reviews! :P

Enjoy my first 2x10k pentalist update!

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2008-05-31 14:55:05

Hmm, it occurs to me that I've only got another 1,400 or so saves before I'll be classified as a 1x10k Newgrounds user, but another 2 years at least before I've 10,000 experience points, and never mind how long before 10k of anything else.