00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mekboybilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List

546,235 Views | 5,469 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-01 19:21:24

At 4/30/05 11:56 PM, gfoxcook wrote: And yes, Recon, XwaynecoltX, Crono, and myself will soon be triplelisted. _lightning_ would be as well if he'd only saved more movies on the portal by now. ;_;

Cool cool...

Glad to see a few oldies still doing this thing hehe...

Anyways not sure when ill get there but maybe soon like you say...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-01 19:23:32

At 5/1/05 01:23 AM, ReconRebel wrote: Well somebody is gonna have 10,000 experience points with tomorrow's deposit and that means being triple listed by next update!

Yeah baby!!

Cool congrats on that one Recon...

Im only rounding upto 9,500 exp soon, but anyways congrats on that one...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-02 01:54:04

damn,probably when i make triplelisted someone (~X~) will gain the pentalist by then,oh well at least im gaining in ranking ^_^

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-02 04:07:58

At 5/1/05 12:46 AM, BonusStageCompIeted wrote:
At 4/30/05 11:56 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Beh. Who cares all that much about hitting 10,000 posts?
*raises hand*

Heh. Well, maybe I misread a little bit of tone in your post that wasn't there, but with your comments about "at least I'm not 25ppd," I thought you were implying that you wanted to cut down on your postrate or something... I guess I misread that.

Meh the saves are always moving, and moving quite nicely too i got ~75 over the last two days and that is a LOT for me :P

75 over 2 days is pretty sweet, yes.

Defintely i'll get both, now about XP, yep, but that'll be ... a while

A while's never as long as it seems like it'll be.

reviews ........aaHahahaHAHAHAHAHAHahAHHAHAHAHAhAhAhAhahahahahahahahahhahaahah

Heh. Yeah... let me join in on that with ya (in reference to both your chances AND my chances of hitting 10k reviews)...

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.... hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... ahhhhh yes.

hahah maybe i should try to keep ahead of ramagi, THAT'D keep my ppd low XD

You ARE ahead of her, aren't you. I'm quite amazed, I would have guessed she'd blown by you by now.

hahaha you come up with some really weird COOL post counts gfox :P

8200 isn't necessarily "cool," I just stop at every 100 posts for a screenie and because I like teh -00 endings. :::shrugs:::

8181 was a COOL postcount. As was 1234 and 4321 and 6666 and all of those. I take screenies of all the xx00s AND of the "cool" postcounts. I have lots and lots of postcount screenies. #;-}>

At 5/1/05 01:23 AM, ReconRebel wrote: Thanks gfox. I noticed you're slowing down a bit with the overall point gains. Been busy lately?

It's been that way since early February, man. And yes, been busy for these past few months. Work, helping family out, etc. etc. No biggie. It's kinda hard to make NG b/p a super priority when you've got over 50k points and there's not much point in increasing any further except for your OCD and a sorta resistance to getting passed by very many people, if you can possibly prevent it. #;-}>

Update on the pentalist's progress in the NG FanNet: 47. NG 2x10k+ PENTALIST gfoxcook 22 38
I'm trying to click on the FanNet button at least once per day (I forget sometimes).

Like I said to schnee, it's no big deal if people don't click it every single day. I do that while I'm voting for another site (ADGBC) in the fannet, so it's easy for me to remember, as it's part of my multi-site depositing ritual, but I don't expect anyone else to be that faithful. #;-}> Like I said a few weeks ago, as well, I'd much prefer 30 people clicking once per WEEK than 3 or 4 people clicking once per day (which I get the feeling is pretty much what we've got goin' on now).

IOW, 22 in / 38 out (18 in / 25 out & 16 in / 21 out & 17 in / 30 out the last three weeks). Incredible improvement, guys!
Julie Andrews!

That flew right over my head. Is "incredible improvement, guys!" a quote of hers or something? #;-}>

You'd better hold him off as long as possible, lest I begin to fear for my (pentalist) life! #;-}>
Now how exactly am I supposed to hold off MPA? The guy is out of control. Do you have a M1 Abrams I can borrow for a few days?

Afraid not, but I do have a M2 Bradley you could use.

The stars at night, are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas!! Now if you'll excuse me I have to clean out my igloo.

LOL! Has a new ice age hit Vancouver? Last time I was there in the summer, it wasn't very igloo-friendly... #;-}>

Point taken, nonetheless.

Well somebody is gonna have 10,000 experience points with tomorrow's deposit and that means being triple listed by next update!

Yeah baby!!

Damn straight. I DID mention that you and _lightning_ would be adding 10k+ exp to your pentalist resumes next week in this week's update's notes, did you happen to notice? In any event... MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS, RECON! You're just about to 8000 posts as well. I'm gonna go ahead and fudge that for ya... and... there we go.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-02 04:18:57

At 5/1/05 05:48 AM, schneelocke wrote:
At 4/30/05 11:38 PM, gfoxcook wrote: You can never get too many saves too quickly. Just ask toocool!
Yeah - it turns out it was just one day, too. And in fact, my save ratio continues to drop; it was the highest (24,94% saves among my total points) in late mid-February, but it's dropped to 23,47% again already. It seems that it's due more to the submissions made when I'm on the portal, though; it doesn't seem to me that I miss saves more often than I miss blams.

That's a shame. I feel that my save ratio of ~66% is too low as it is... so I can only imagine what it feels like to have a save ratio that's dropping down towards 20%. ;_;

Heh. Until a month or so ago, I routinely used to be awake until 6 in the morning (or even later) - during those times, I actually managed to get gold a couple of times on the EGRL. Good ol' days. ^^ But seriously, it doesn't make you feel good to be up all night and sleep all day, so I'm gladly trading some points for feeling better.

I've only gotten gold a couple time as well. Split apart by many many months. I got green like 4 or 5 times, though. Those were fun (as I was beginning to think I'd never hit green last fall, but then I did so many times during late-November, through-December, early-January. That was my last big b/p spurt period.

Anyway, of course sleep is important. I just happen to delay it way too many nights-that-become-mornings. #;-}>

I get a different IP every time I connect to my ISP, so technically, I could vote more than that, but it would require manually dis-/reconnecting, which is a slight hassle.

Well, no need to do that. If you happened to disconnect and reconnect because of rebooting or something else that you needed to do (installing a new program, changing system settings, crash, etc. etc.) and then decided to click a second time that day, I certainly wouldn't complain, though. #;-}>

Anyhow, you're currently #24 in the FanNet list. ^^ It'd be quite cool if we could get you to stay there!

It would be, but it takes 40+ IN votes, IIRC, to be in the top 25 by Saturday. Around 6 IN votes per day on average. We're quite a ways off from that when a good week netted 22 IN votes. #;-}>

Yeah, but not everything in nature is related to the seasons. :)

Not directly, perhaps, but... even a rock sitting on the ground is affected by the seasons. It expands with heat, contracts with cold, can be smoothed and made smaller by rushing waters (that may be seasonal), and can even be split apart by water freezing inside a crack in its surface during the winter.

IMO, everything in nature is related to the seasons in some way, as everything in nature experiences the seasons. Well, except for, perhaps, shit at the bottom of the ocean. But for all I know, the seasons even affect stuff down there. And in any event, I don't think too many haikumasters write about seasonal/natural things going on at the bottom of the Pacific. Or hell, maybe they do. #;-}>

You did? Cool. ^^

Yep. 1988-1991. Three great years. I'd love to go back and see my old stomping grounds, but they're probably all different now (Kobe is where I lived, and it was hit by a destructive earthquake in the mid-90s, changing the face of that city forever).

Thanks - I'll need that. Either that or lots of time...

Or both!

At 5/1/05 07:21 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 4/30/05 11:56 PM, gfoxcook wrote: And yes, Recon, XwaynecoltX, Crono, and myself will soon be triplelisted. _lightning_ would be as well if he'd only saved more movies on the portal by now. ;_;
Anyways not sure when ill get there but maybe soon like you say...

Dude, you've got 8905 posts (to my 8204)... you're getting to 10,000 posts fairly soon (unless you stop posting).

And more importantly, you're at 9470 exp (as opposed to my 9260), and thus you're going to hit 10k exp and triplelist in less than 2 months. IOW, in mid-late June. That's when you'll get there, so enough of this "not sure when" bullcrap. #;-}>

At 5/2/05 01:54 AM, X-Naut wrote: damn,probably when i make triplelisted someone (~X~) will gain the pentalist by then,oh well at least im gaining in ranking ^_^

Well, 8160 exp, so... 184 days, or around the end of 2005. I'm not sure if X will be pentalisted by then or not. Depends on if he gets enough saves or not, as his posts and exp will almost certainly be above 10k by then (and he will thus be quadlisted, yes... pentalisted? We'll see).

In any event, your reviews and posts aren't exactly near 10k, so you're just going to have to gut it out and wait for the 10k exp (kinda like I've been doing, though I suppose I COULD have gone for 10k posts first if I really wanted to, but I just can't bring myself to post more than 10 ppd, so my exp is always increasing faster than my posts... it's just that simple).

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-02 06:04:30

At 5/2/05 04:18 AM, gfoxcook wrote: That's a shame. I feel that my save ratio of ~66% is too low as it is... so I can only imagine what it feels like to have a save ratio that's dropping down towards 20%. ;_;

20% of the total points, though - if I compare my saves to my blams, it's a bit better at least (30.65% right now). So it's not quite *that* bad yet, although I sure would like to get some more saves. >_>

I've only gotten gold a couple time as well. Split apart by many many months. I got green like 4 or 5 times, though. Those were fun (as I was beginning to think I'd never hit green last fall, but then I did so many times during late-November, through-December, early-January. That was my last big b/p spurt period.

*noddles* Same for me. ^_^

Anyway, of course sleep is important. I just happen to delay it way too many nights-that-become-mornings. #;-}>

Heh. Yeah, I used to do that, too, but I noticed I feel a lot better these days when I'm actually asleep at night.

Well, no need to do that. If you happened to disconnect and reconnect because of rebooting or something else that you needed to do (installing a new program, changing system settings, crash, etc. etc.) and then decided to click a second time that day, I certainly wouldn't complain, though. #;-}>

No problem, I'll do that... if I don't forget it, that is. ^^

It would be, but it takes 40+ IN votes, IIRC, to be in the top 25 by Saturday. Around 6 IN votes per day on average. We're quite a ways off from that when a good week netted 22 IN votes. #;-}>

*noddles* Right now, you seem to be down to #40, with 6/9 votes. Still not bad, though, I think - and as long as you stay on the first page, all's well anyway. ^^

IMO, everything in nature is related to the seasons in some way, as everything in nature experiences the seasons. Well, except for, perhaps, shit at the bottom of the ocean. But for all I know, the seasons even affect stuff down there. And in any event, I don't think too many haikumasters write about seasonal/natural things going on at the bottom of the Pacific. Or hell, maybe they do. #;-}>

Heh. Yeah, maybe they do - I have no idea myself really. ^_^ It certainly would be an interesting change, though.

Yep. 1988-1991. Three great years. I'd love to go back and see my old stomping grounds, but they're probably all different now (Kobe is where I lived, and it was hit by a destructive earthquake in the mid-90s, changing the face of that city forever).

*noddles* Still, cool. Out of curiosity, why'd you live there? ^^

Or both!

Or that, yes. ^^ BTW, do reviews written for movies that get blammed later count against your reviews score?

Það er margt sem myrkrið veit / minn er hugur þungur

Oft ég svarta sandinn leit / svíða grænan engireit

Í jöklinum hljóða dauðadjúpar sprungur

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-02 06:23:53

At 5/2/05 06:04 AM, schneelocke wrote: Or that, yes. ^^ BTW, do reviews written for movies that get blammed later count against your reviews score?

No, they don't. Which is a good thing, as people would probably be inclined to review spam on crap flash.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-02 07:21:55

At 4/18/05 10:22 AM, gfoxclock wrote: Status changes: No status gains at all this week, though ReconRebel is 20 exp from hitting the big 1-0-0-0-0 exp, and he'll be listed here along with _lightning_ next week, BET ON IT. ///

Oh so true. :)

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-02 07:33:29

At 5/2/05 06:23 AM, jonthomson wrote: No, they don't. Which is a good thing, as people would probably be inclined to review spam on crap flash.

OK, thanks. :)

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-02 18:04:37

I see a broke 60,000 points, good job self. Recon, won't you be my neighbor again? heh

Good to see you still keeping up on this gfox.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-03 23:38:40

At 5/2/05 06:04 AM, schneelocke wrote: 20% of the total points, though - if I compare my saves to my blams, it's a bit better at least (30.65% right now). So it's not quite *that* bad yet, although I sure would like to get some more saves. >_>

Oh, I thought you were referring to save-to-blam ratio. That's how I always calculated ratios for my top 50 blam and top 50 save lists, and Dogma continued that tradition.

30.65 S2B% sounds a whole lot better than 20, thanks for clearing that up.

0.667 S2B% / 1.500 B2S% is where I'm trying to head with my 22,222 save / 33,333 blam split (I already hit the 33333 blams.. just trying to get the saves up to 22222 now... I'm pulling a Toocool, IOW).

Heh. Yeah, I used to do that, too, but I noticed I feel a lot better these days when I'm actually asleep at night.

Well, we can determine from that that you're not a vampire. The tests on ME, OTOH, haven't come back yet... :::eyes move shiftily:::

*noddles* Right now, you seem to be down to #40, with 6/9 votes. Still not bad, though, I think - and as long as you stay on the first page, all's well anyway. ^^

Actually, I think I underestimated the #25 slot. More like 60 IN votes or so by the end of the week for that, I think. 9 or so IN votes per day on average.

And yep, I'm not too fussy about where on the first page my site is. First page is viewed by anyone who uses the fannet, whereas page 2 must be manually selected, and that is the ONLY reason I even care about the IN votes. #;-}>

My dad was working for an international valve company based in Houston during the 80s, and in 1988 the president of the Japanese branch died. In Japan, they don't just promote someone right away if he's not ready, so they needed someone else to step in and run things for a few years. So, my whole family got to move there for three years while my dad was working in that capacity.

At 5/2/05 07:21 AM, _lightning_ wrote:
At 4/18/05 10:22 AM, gfoxclock wrote: Status changes: No status gains at all this week, though ReconRebel is 20 exp from hitting the big 1-0-0-0-0 exp, and he'll be listed here along with _lightning_ next week, BET ON IT. ///
Oh so true. :)

Heh. 9990 exp... man, you been missing a lot of deposits lately? Didn't you used to be tied with Recon? He was at 10,000 the other day... in any event, hurry up and deposit at least ONCE more this week, and you'll PROVE that it's true. Right now you've got me kinda worried. #;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-03 23:39:45

At 5/2/05 05:00 PM, -Lauren- wrote: It's like this Mr. Fox, if i ever get above 25 ppd i'll like die, BUT, i am just fine with having 24.999 or something heh

Mr. Fox.... mmm hmmm. Okay, good to know about that 25 ppd death thingie. :::thinks of some way to trick Bonus into exceeding 25 ppd to find out if that's true:::

I wonder how toocool gets like 40 per day ever day, when like ... there are barely that many saves PERIOD per day, he's like Denvish with ONLY saves

Well, he doesn't get over 40 saves EVERY day, or else he would have passed me weeks and weeks ago, not just this past week, trust me. But yes, he's very skillful at not missing many saves per day. I'm trying my hand at his methods... THE TOOCOOL EXPERIMENT, conducted by teh gfox (saves only mode for the next week or so, until I get up to 22,222 saves!).

A while's never as long as it seems like it'll be.
OLD PROVERB 84950789340789435453098 by gfox

That's a whole lot. Why haven't I published a series of books containing my proverbs, damnit?!

I'm glad you agree on that with me ;)

But of course, the very notion was ridiculous.

hahaaha well i wasn't i guess only a couple days ago, and defintely shall be passed again this week until she burns out (if that's even possible :\)

Oh, so you and ramagi are trading the lead back and forth, are yas?

Posts aren't b/p, so until she goes a whole year at this rate (and therefore becomes ZAAL), I will continue to believe that a burnout is indeed possible. Whether it happens or not... remains to be seen.

hahahah that means you have 82 at least
correction you have .... 200 at least XD

150 or so, actually. Unfortunately I didn't start taking screenies till I hit 1000 (I didn't feel the 100s were important enough, or maybe I just wasn't in the habit yet), and from there to 2000, I only took them at 1000, 1337, 1500, 1666, 1700, 1776, 1800, 1836, 1900, 1969, 1977, and 2000. IOW, the "every 100" part didn't begin until 1700. From 1700 to 8200, I have one at every 100, plus all the other cool numbers. #;-}>

At 5/2/05 06:04 PM, MPA wrote: I see a broke 60,000 points, good job self. Recon, won't you be my neighbor again? heh

Good to see you still keeping up on this gfox.

No problem. Congrats on the 60k+ status and congrats on getting the UOTD today, man. SCREENILICIOUS!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-04 04:31:50

At 5/3/05 11:38 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Heh. 9990 exp... man, you been missing a lot of deposits lately? Didn't you used to be tied with Recon? He was at 10,000 the other day... in any event, hurry up and deposit at least ONCE more this week, and you'll PROVE that it's true. Right now you've got me kinda worried. #;-}>

How the hell did he pass me? I didn't miss any deposits all year!

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-04 04:52:16

At 5/4/05 04:31 AM, _lightning_ wrote:
At 5/3/05 11:38 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Heh. 9990 exp... man, you been missing a lot of deposits lately? Didn't you used to be tied with Recon? He was at 10,000 the other day... in any event, hurry up and deposit at least ONCE more this week, and you'll PROVE that it's true. Right now you've got me kinda worried. #;-}>

Sorry, man. But he did:

Recon: 10,010 / 10,429
lightning: 10,000 / 10,429

And I'm pretty sure that the deposit or deposits you missed was/were in April. Let's take a look at ramagi's top 500 exp update, eh?

103 103 0 9,710 9,990 280 Recon_Rebel
104 104 0 9,700 9,970 270 _lightning_

You gained 270 for the month, Recon gained 280. That might be affected by when you deposited on 5/1 (the day ramagi last updated the list) versus when HE deposited that day... but actually, you started the month 10 exp behind him--9700 vs 9710 (probably because you hadn't deposited yet), and ended it 20 behind him--9970 vs 9990... and now you're 10 behind him again... But he hasn't deposited today yet. He was at 10000 already two days ago (when I took a screenshot of him at 10000 exp on May 2nd), you see.

So, you're 20 behind him now. You must have missed 10 exp in March and then another 10 exp in April. It's a pretty safe bet you missed two deposits in the past two months, man. I dunno how you missed them, but it seems you did. ;_;

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-04 05:24:02

At 5/3/05 11:38 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Oh, I thought you were referring to save-to-blam ratio. That's how I always calculated ratios for my top 50 blam and top 50 save lists, and Dogma continued that tradition.

Oh, OK. ^^ Is there any information on what the total ratio for the portal is (i.e., how many flash submission there ever were, and how many flashes there are currently)?

30.65 S2B% sounds a whole lot better than 20, thanks for clearing that up.

No problem. Yeah, 20% saves (compared to your blams) would be quite low.

0.667 S2B% / 1.500 B2S% is where I'm trying to head with my 22,222 save / 33,333 blam split (I already hit the 33333 blams.. just trying to get the saves up to 22222 now... I'm pulling a Toocool, IOW).

A Toocool? ^^

Well, we can determine from that that you're not a vampire. The tests on ME, OTOH, haven't come back yet... :::eyes move shiftily:::

Hmm... if you're a fox AND a vampire, does that make you a flying fox (a kind of bat)? ^^

Actually, I think I underestimated the #25 slot. More like 60 IN votes or so by the end of the week for that, I think. 9 or so IN votes per day on average.

How is the ranking calculated, anyway? You're currently around #40, with 13/19 clicks; the site above you only has 13/13, though. o.o

And yep, I'm not too fussy about where on the first page my site is. First page is viewed by anyone who uses the fannet, whereas page 2 must be manually selected, and that is the ONLY reason I even care about the IN votes. #;-}>

Heh. Yeah, this kind of setup can cause some problems - it's just like with search engine results, too. The ones who're popular get onto the first page; the ones on the first page are the ones who get the most clicks; the ones who get the most clicks are (obviously) the most popular. Kind of a vicious circle.

My dad was working for an international valve company based in Houston during the 80s, and in 1988 the president of the Japanese branch died. In Japan, they don't just promote someone right away if he's not ready, so they needed someone else to step in and run things for a few years. So, my whole family got to move there for three years while my dad was working in that capacity.

Ah. ^^

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-04 06:04:43

At 5/4/05 05:24 AM, schneelocke wrote: Oh, OK. ^^ Is there any information on what the total ratio for the portal is (i.e., how many flash submission there ever were, and how many flashes there are currently)?

How many flash submissions there ever were is the number of the most recent submission to the portal. Just mouseover the topmost underjudgement entry in the 50 most recent list and that's the number of entries submitted. Right now, that entry is:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/235326
Right now: there have been 235,326 submissions to the portal so far.

The flashes currently in the portal can be seen either by clicking on the "statistics" link at the bottom of the portal--to get to:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/stats.html
Right now: 44,258,475 votes cast on 58,595 movies.

OR you can see how many protected entries there are currently by clicking on "view all" at the bottom of the top 50 listing--to get to:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/list.php?which=top50 and it should say how many total protected entries there are currently. Right now: Viewing 1-100 of 57,432.

Not sure why there's such a difference between 58,595 and 57,432. Perhaps whistled movies that are later deleted are included in the statistics link number but not in the "view all" page number.

A Toocool? ^^

Not getting any blams, period. I'm ignoring the total shit I'd normally give a zero and being a little more liberal with the 2's on stuff I might normally be split on whether to give a 1 or 2 to. I haven't hit 0 or 1 in over 24 hours now. #;-}>

Hmm... if you're a fox AND a vampire, does that make you a flying fox (a kind of bat)? ^^

WHO TOLD Y... I have no idea, really. ._.

How is the ranking calculated, anyway? You're currently around #40, with 13/19 clicks; the site above you only has 13/13, though. o.o

The ranking is only updated once per day, but the IN/OUT votes are current as of when you loaded the page. Thus, people can get out of order with respect to the people above them and below them during the day, but after midnight the rankings are reordered/resorted by IN votes alone (OUT votes don't matter, they don't even break ties... exp or signup does that, can't remember which).

Heh. Yeah, this kind of setup can cause some problems - it's just like with search engine results, too. The ones who're popular get onto the first page; the ones on the first page are the ones who get the most clicks; the ones who get the most clicks are (obviously) the most popular. Kind of a vicious circle.

Most popular OR have a legion of fans willing to click more than once per week. Like you guys! #;-}>

Anyway, I have a quick reply to a post you made over in B/P ranks 51+ because this is my last post for the ngiht, so I'm going to make it here since you'll likely see it just as fast, anyway:

At 5/4/05 05:31 AM, schneelocke wrote:
At 5/4/05 12:28 AM, BeFell wrote: These are easy enough to find and no database taxing profile opening... I miss D0GMA.=(

March 26-May 3
Cool, thanks. ^^ Any chance you'll also do the 51-100 section?

He made the top 50 list based on the top 50 b/p list. Since there's no 51-100 section of the official NG list (yet, at least), he can't exactly go beyond the top 50.

He'd have to start pulling profiles from Dogma's last update and noting the rank numbers and doing a hell of a lot more work. For the list he already made, what he had to do was take Dogma's last update, take the most recent NG official top 50 b/p list, then he found all 50 of those people on DOGMA'S update and subtracted the b/p numbers to come up with the increase over that period. Then divided by number of days in between for the pace and also did something to figure out the ranking changes up and down (not sure if that was manual or he rigged something in Excel or something).

Hope that answers your question just in case BeFell doesn't see it for awhile.

EDN!

Oh, and one last thing before I hit the sack:

I forgot to say before while discussing the deposits and lack thereof earlier, lightning: Congrats a ton on the 10,000 exp! It's a damned good achievement whether you hit it at the same time as Recon or not, yanno. A whole lot of your fellow Wi/Ht?ers are heading for the same mark, but you beat quite a lot of us to it, so be happy for that, at least. #;-}> Here, have a screenie!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-04 06:57:35

At 5/4/05 04:52 AM, gfoxcook wrote: So, you're 20 behind him now. You must have missed 10 exp in March and then another 10 exp in April. It's a pretty safe bet you missed two deposits in the past two months, man. I dunno how you missed them, but it seems you did. ;_;

Must be some weird bug becouse i sure didn't miss any, specialy not 2.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-04 07:16:17

At 5/4/05 06:04 AM, gfoxcook wrote: How many flash submissions there ever were is the number of the most recent submission to the portal. Just mouseover the topmost underjudgement entry in the 50 most recent list and that's the number of entries submitted. Right now, that entry is:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/235326

OK, thanks. :) I was mostly just wondering if you could directly translate that number - after all, user IDs are well above 1000000 already as well, even though there are only (so to speak) about 735000 users.

Not sure why there's such a difference between 58,595 and 57,432. Perhaps whistled movies that are later deleted are included in the statistics link number but not in the "view all" page number.

Thanks. ^^

Not getting any blams, period. I'm ignoring the total shit I'd normally give a zero and being a little more liberal with the 2's on stuff I might normally be split on whether to give a 1 or 2 to. I haven't hit 0 or 1 in over 24 hours now. #;-}>

Ah, OK. But you will blam stuff again once you reached 22222 saves, won't you? Otherwise, you'd probably quite quickly lose your #2 spot to MPA. :P

WHO TOLD Y... I have no idea, really. ._.

Heh. Admittedly, those bats don't actually eat blood, though, instead living off of fresh fruit mostly. ^^

The ranking is only updated once per day, but the IN/OUT votes are current as of when you loaded the page. Thus, people can get out of order with respect to the people above them and below them during the day, but after midnight the rankings are reordered/resorted by IN votes alone (OUT votes don't matter, they don't even break ties... exp or signup does that, can't remember which).

Mmm. OK, the "update once per day" makes sense, but OUT votes not having any effect at all whatsoever (not even dictating order in cases where the number of IN votes is the same) doesn't. Yet another area that Wade needs to work on, I guess. ^^

Most popular OR have a legion of fans willing to click more than once per week. Like you guys! #;-}>

Heh. I'd count that in under "popular", myself. ^_^

Anyway, I have a quick reply to a post you made over in B/P ranks 51+ because this is my last post for the ngiht, so I'm going to make it here since you'll likely see it just as fast, anyway:

OK.

He made the top 50 list based on the top 50 b/p list. Since there's no 51-100 section of the official NG list (yet, at least), he can't exactly go beyond the top 50.

He'd have to start pulling profiles from Dogma's last update and noting the rank numbers and doing a hell of a lot more work. For the list he already made, what he had to do was take Dogma's last update, take the most recent NG official top 50 b/p list, then he found all 50 of those people on DOGMA'S update and subtracted the b/p numbers to come up with the increase over that period. Then divided by number of days in between for the pace and also did something to figure out the ranking changes up and down (not sure if that was manual or he rigged something in Excel or something).

Hope that answers your question just in case BeFell doesn't see it for awhile.

*noddles* Yeah, that's what he'd have to do, but it wouldn't be a big problem. You can extract the user ids from D0GMA's last EGRL with a one-liner in Perl, and writing a few scripts that pull user profiles and extract data from them isn't hard, either.

The only real problem is that if you do things this way, you'll only catch people who already were in the EGRL when D0GMA posted it, so if you'd want to do a full EGRL update yourself, you'd still have to hunt down a bunch of new users; and the fact that you can't even be sure whether an empty spot just means that you didn't find the user yet or whether the relevant user does not actually HAVE a profile doesn't help, either.

I think what Wade really should do would be to do an automatic daily dump of all the information there is for all users into a single bzip2'd CSV file and make that one available for download. The file shouldn't be more than a few megabytes, so even if 1000 people download it each day, there wouldn't be any significant traffic (significant in terms of the total traffic that Newgrounds most likely sees each day, anyway); there wouldn't be any database load since the file's pregenerated; there wouldn't be any http server load since it'd only be a single request (as opposed to querying 735000 user profiles manually); and there wouldn't even be any disk load, since the file could simply be kept in and served from memory.

I do wonder if he ever considered doing that, but it seems that he's more leaning towards cracking down on lists and the like (or trying to, anyway) altogether, even though the only actual problem (namely, server load) could just as well be eased by a solution along these lines, too.

For that matter, it would also be nice if a number of other things were available in machine-readable form, too. The various top 50 lists are just one example; something I'd personally love to see would be an export of the current XP top (i.e., the number of XP the level 30 user(s) ha(s|ve)). You wouldn't have to return more than 5 digits (instead of a 10K HTML page) for the query, and it would really be so much nicer if you want to write a small tool that calculates things like "how long will it take me to get to level XYZ" or "how much VP will I have in X days" and so on.

EDN!

EDN?

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-04 22:37:57

At 5/2/05 06:04 PM, MPA wrote: I see a broke 60,000 points, good job self.

Nicely done MPA. You're now officially a double ranked Elite Guard Supreme Commander. It would be cool if they stuck a gold two somewhere on the badge to signify your status.

Recon, won't you be my neighbor again? heh

Not unless there's alcohol involved.

At 5/4/05 04:31 AM, _lightning_ wrote:
At 5/3/05 11:38 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Heh. 9990 exp... man, you been missing a lot of deposits lately?

You missed depositing on two different occasions _lightning_ (I've been watching your experience). I even missed a deposit myself a month ago which tied us in points for a short time. We'd be tied if was still watching your account for you.

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-05 22:37:40

At 5/4/05 06:57 AM, _lightning_ wrote: Must be some weird bug becouse i sure didn't miss any, specialy not 2.

Is it possible that when American Daylight Savings time began in early April, you missed a deposit because of the time change or something? And maybe you didn't realise you missed that one, and thus thought you only missed one AT MOST, but in fact missed two?

Cause I dunno, man, it's very unlikely that a glitch or bug hit you. The exp system is pretty damned reliable, unless NG goes down for a long time. And lately? NG hasn't gone down for huge periods of time. There were a few hours during the Load Balancer installation by Tim-the-9-post-admin. I think that's all.

At 5/4/05 07:16 AM, schneelocke wrote:
OK, thanks. :) I was mostly just wondering if you could directly translate that number - after all, user IDs are well above 1000000 already as well, even though there are only (so to speak) about 735000 users.

Yes, but over 1,200,000 accounts have been made. The fact that there are only around 736,000 users doesn't mean that's how many there's EVER been. That's how many there are right NOW, due to account deletions.

Just like the amount of flashes submitted and the amount of flashes protected is different because of flashes that got BLAMMED...

the total amount of accounts created and the CURRENT amount of accounts in existence... is different as well because of accounts that got... blammed. #;-}>

Thanks. ^^

In any event, let's just say around 58,000 saves out of 235,000 submitted movies/games means... 177000 blammed movies... and the percentage of total movies saved is... 24.68%

Not as bad as it could be, I suppose.

Ah, OK. But you will blam stuff again once you reached 22222 saves, won't you? Otherwise, you'd probably quite quickly lose your #2 spot to MPA. :P

I was considering getting to 33,333 and 33,333, but it's hard enough not voting to blam anything for just a week or so. I think it would be torture to not blam for a year or more (Which is how long it would take for me to get 33333/33333), so no... I'll be stopping the "no blams" policy once I hit 22222 saves, yes. Just want to show off my profile first. #;-}>

Heh. Admittedly, those bats don't actually eat blood, though, instead living off of fresh fruit mostly. ^^

Yes, but the stereotypes still persist. WE ARE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ALL THE TIM... er... damnit, I keep doing that.

:::backs out of the room:::

Mmm. OK, the "update once per day" makes sense, but OUT votes not having any effect at all whatsoever (not even dictating order in cases where the number of IN votes is the same) doesn't. Yet another area that Wade needs to work on, I guess. ^^

Out votes are people clicking a person's site link to go see their site. NG doesn't care how many people go OUT of NG to see users' pages (though the stat is listed, yes)... NG cares how many people click on the link ON YOUR SITE and thus come to NG through it and bring more traffic here to NG. #;-}>

That's why IN votes matter and out votes don't. Sad... but true!

Heh. I'd count that in under "popular", myself. ^_^

Well, relatively. But compared to David Firth's site, my pentalist webpage gets like... 0 traffic. #;-}>

*noddles* Yeah, that's what he'd have to do, but it wouldn't be a big problem. You can extract the user ids from D0GMA's last EGRL with a one-liner in Perl, and writing a few scripts that pull user profiles and extract data from them isn't hard, either.

Well, it turns out that BeFell WANTED to make a 51-100 like you wanted, but REMOVED beat him to it. So go check it out over in that topic if you haven't already. #;-}>

I think what Wade really should do would be to do an automatic daily dump of all the information there is for all users into a single bzip2'd CSV file and make that one available for download.

A stat-dump for each stat for people like Dogma who want to make pace-based lists with official NG data without having to use database-impacting programs is indeed part of the discussions about the potential new official NG stat lists. IOW, we've been discussing it with liljim, but... What the heck is a CSV file, though?

EDN?

End. I had more to say in my post, but wanted to make it clear that my reply to you was over, so you wouldn't be confused, and so other people would start reading if they'd zoned out of the reply to you. #;-}>

At 5/4/05 10:37 PM, ReconRebel wrote:
At 5/2/05 06:04 PM, MPA wrote: I see a broke 60,000 points, good job self.
Nicely done MPA. You're now officially a double ranked Elite Guard Supreme Commander. It would be cool if they stuck a gold two somewhere on the badge to signify your status.

Not so fast, Recon! If MPA was past 60,000 b/p, he'd not only have passed me months ago, but he'd be breathing down ramagi's neck. MPA was referring to his pentalist total, which includes his exp, posts, and reviews as well as his b/p, so... yeah. He's not quite to 60,000 b/p yet. #;-}>

He'll hit it before I will, though, even once I've started getting blams again (so yeah, schnee, that's not really a reason to resume getting blams, I'm screwed either way #;-}>).

At 5/4/05 04:31 AM, _lightning_ wrote: How the hell did he pass me? I didn't miss any deposits all year!
You missed depositing on two different occasions _lightning_ (I've been watching your experience). I even missed a deposit myself a month ago which tied us in points for a short time. We'd be tied if was still watching your account for you.

That's what I've been trying to tell him, but he doesn't seem to believe it. The proof is in your exp compared to his exp. ;_;

In any event, like I TRIED to say yesterday, the important part is that both of you are over the holy 10,000 amount in exp now, and that's an occasion to celebrate heartily! BREAK OUT THE ALE, BOYS!

And ye shall have some visitors soon! In the persons of XwaynecoltX, Crono, myself, and other Wi/Ht?ers that are speeding away towards 10,000 exp! #;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-06 01:24:28

At 5/5/05 10:37 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Not so fast, Recon! MPA was referring to his pentalist total, which includes his exp, posts, and reviews as well as his b/p, so... yeah. He's not quite to 60,000 b/p yet. #;-}>

I noticed that after I posted gfox but alas, there's no edit button (let's not get into the obvious reasons why).

At 5/4/05 04:31 AM, _lightning_ wrote: How the hell did he pass me? I didn't miss any deposits all year!
You missed depositing on two different occasions _lightning_
That's what I've been trying to tell him, but he doesn't seem to believe it. The proof is in your exp compared to his exp. ;_;

You got that right. I've also squeezed into the 102nd spot for experience. That Nite_Walker dude seems to be sleeping at the wheel (no complaints here). Gotta love it when people miss their deposits ^_^

Both of you are over the holy 10,000 amount in exp now, and that's an occasion to celebrate heartily! BREAK OUT THE ALE, BOYS!

Heh, that's the plan for tonight gfox even though I'm not celebrating my 10k experience. I just want to get hammered tonight while watching a good movie.

It's been a slow night on the portal for a Thursday.

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-06 03:37:50

At 5/6/05 01:24 AM, ReconRebel wrote: I noticed that after I posted gfox but alas, there's no edit button (let's not get into the obvious reasons why).

But of course. Always feel free, though, to make a new post with a major error corrected and to put a little note at the top along the lines of "mods please delete my error-containing post above this one"... it's not exactly an edit button, but it's the closest thing goin', eh? #;-}>

You got that right. I've also squeezed into the 102nd spot for experience. That Nite_Walker dude seems to be sleeping at the wheel (no complaints here). Gotta love it when people miss their deposits ^_^

Nite_Walker deposited quite often until he hit 10,000 exp. Then he stopped. For good, it seems.

If you haven't noticed his comments in his profile, I believe it says "SO I HIT 10,000!!! NOW WHAT?" IOW, he did it because it was the thing to do on NG, exp-wise, and now he doesn't see any point in continuing. So it's not so much that Nite_Walker is missing deposits... it's more that he's retired his account. #;-}>

For awhile he was ranked #100 in exp with 10,000 exp. That was pretty cool. Now you and jessica_ and _lightning_ and others have broken that, and we've got 100+ people with 10k exp. 104 or so, I believe. By the time I get to it, it's going to be more like 115 to 120 (I'm ranked #124 right now, but there's some slow-moving or completely-stopped people between me and you, so... I should be passing quite a few before I hit 10k in a couple months!).

Both of you are over the holy 10,000 amount in exp now, and that's an occasion to celebrate heartily! BREAK OUT THE ALE, BOYS!
Heh, that's the plan for tonight gfox even though I'm not celebrating my 10k experience. I just want to get hammered tonight while watching a good movie.

It's been a slow night on the portal for a Thursday.

Sounds good. What movie did you select?

Me, I had a busy day, job interview, tons of errands, insanity... plus I wanted to watch the Astros and Rockets games but didn't really have time to... (baseball? Loss... basketball? WIN!) BUT... on the up side, I DID get to have a nice Mexican dinner with my girlfriend for Cinco de Mayo... and I enjoyed some beer and margarita goodness. #;-}>

Anywho... I'm done for now. I'll see you guys back here on Saturday night when I watch my Rockets take on the Mavs in the final game of the series... GAME 7, SATURDAY NIGHT. Will we win or lose? Hmmm...

One thing's for sure: whatever the outcome, expect a fresh and tasty pentalist update to arrive around the same time as the game, late on Saturday! GOODNIGHT NOW.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-06 04:58:23

At 5/5/05 10:37 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Yes, but over 1,200,000 accounts have been made. The fact that there are only around 736,000 users doesn't mean that's how many there's EVER been. That's how many there are right NOW, due to account deletions.

Mmmm. Strange to think that more than 450000 accounts have been deleted, though. How does that happen? I'd be very surprised if that many people decided to delete their accounts when they lost interest in the site (as opposed to just leaving them and not coming back), and it'd be quite surprising if that many accounts got deleted due to policy violations, too.

Of course, stranger things have happened...

the total amount of accounts created and the CURRENT amount of accounts in existence... is different as well because of accounts that got... blammed. #;-}>

Silly. ^^

In any event, let's just say around 58,000 saves out of 235,000 submitted movies/games means... 177000 blammed movies... and the percentage of total movies saved is... 24.68%

Not as bad as it could be, I suppose.

No, certainly not, and it's quite near my own "saves" percentage, too (which was 24.61% last night). ^^

I was considering getting to 33,333 and 33,333, but it's hard enough not voting to blam anything for just a week or so. I think it would be torture to not blam for a year or more (Which is how long it would take for me to get 33333/33333), so no... I'll be stopping the "no blams" policy once I hit 22222 saves, yes. Just want to show off my profile first. #;-}>

:) Yeah, not being able to blam things must be hard. I've never done it, but there have been many submissions which weren't just bad, but also offensive, so blamming them was quite a satisfaction. ^_^

Yes, but the stereotypes still persist. WE ARE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ALL THE TIM... er... damnit, I keep doing that.

We all are. :P Just ask people what they think about wolves, and you'll hear all kinds of horror stories that don't have anything to do with reality. >_<

Out votes are people clicking a person's site link to go see their site. NG doesn't care how many people go OUT of NG to see users' pages (though the stat is listed, yes)... NG cares how many people click on the link ON YOUR SITE and thus come to NG through it and bring more traffic here to NG. #;-}>

That's why IN votes matter and out votes don't. Sad... but true!

Yeah, that makes sense, but OUT votes still *could* be used as a tie breaker in cases where sites have the same number of IN votes. Otherwise, why are they counted at all?

Well, relatively. But compared to David Firth's site, my pentalist webpage gets like... 0 traffic. #;-}>

Hmmm, yeah, but that's kinda like comparing your own computer to the Earth Simulator. >_> You just can't win.

Well, it turns out that BeFell WANTED to make a 51-100 like you wanted, but REMOVED beat him to it. So go check it out over in that topic if you haven't already. #;-}>

I have. :) I've gained 38 spots since D0GMA's last update (from 130 to 92 ^^), and with a bit of luck, I should be able to move further up, too. ^_^

A stat-dump for each stat for people like Dogma who want to make pace-based lists with official NG data without having to use database-impacting programs is indeed part of the discussions about the potential new official NG stat lists. IOW, we've been discussing it with liljim, but... What the heck is a CSV file, though?

Comma Separated Values. Very useful for exporting data, because you don't have to think about elaborate file formats, and also because it's quite easy to modify when necessary. ^^

End. I had more to say in my post, but wanted to make it clear that my reply to you was over, so you wouldn't be confused, and so other people would start reading if they'd zoned out of the reply to you. #;-}>

OK. ^_^

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-07 05:14:09

At 5/4/05 04:52 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Recon: 10,010 / 10,429

Haha thats a fun little race as it seems...

Congrats to both of you...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-07 23:54:20

Web Pentalist Mark XIII is uploaded and available.

Update on the pentalist's progress in the NG FanNet:

49. NG 2x10k+ PENTALIST gfoxcook 24 39

The 24 IN votes this week have totally blown away the previous weeks' scores (much like the Mavericks are sadly blowing the Rockets right out of the NBA playoffs this very moment). The IN votes for the past four weeks were: 22 18 16 17.

This is the first week in which the PentaList has never fallen off the front page, so the mission is finally accomplished. Sadly, it's a mission that must be renewed each and every week, but I'm very glad you guys were able to help me keep that sucker right there in the top 50 for one full week. It gladdens me heart, lemme tell yas! Thanks, everyone!

Anyway, I'm going to go and watch the end of the Houston Rockets' season right here. Depending on how much other crap I'm doing tonight online, I may or may not post more... if not, I'll be trying to get some in on Sunday night. ENJOY THE LIST UPDATE, PEOPLES!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-08 00:20:54

very nice update gfox. Looks like there's now six of us as triplelisted. That's so cool. It looks like Denvish is going to take away my 9th spot. But that's alright... i'm not very active right now because of school... I'm hoping to increase that review count though. I really want to reach that 4k review mark.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-08 00:37:05

Congratz to ReconRebel and_lightning_
I am sure both are happy.
I really have been gfollowign the recent exchange going on here.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-08 05:13:45

At 5/7/05 11:54 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Web Pentalist Mark XIII is uploaded and available.

Nice. ^^

This is the first week in which the PentaList has never fallen off the front page, so the mission is finally accomplished. Sadly, it's a mission that must be renewed each and every week, but I'm very glad you guys were able to help me keep that sucker right there in the top 50 for one full week. It gladdens me heart, lemme tell yas! Thanks, everyone!

That's cool, too! Let's make sure it stays there on the front page... and moves further up, too. Watch out, David Firth! ^^

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-10 20:20:45

looks like X-Naut will soon pass me on this list puting me in the #15 spot heh, anyways congrats X-Naut on that, im alot slower these days heh...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-11 07:17:40

pre-last-weekend stuff to schneelocke and XwaynecoltX alone:

At 5/6/05 04:58 AM, schneelocke wrote: Mmmm. Strange to think that more than 450000 accounts have been deleted, though. How does that happen? I'd be very surprised if that many people decided to delete their accounts when they lost interest in the site (as opposed to just leaving them and not coming back), and it'd be quite surprising if that many accounts got deleted due to policy violations, too.

Well, some accounts may not count due to other reasons, such as glitches or who knows what... only the admins do.

But I don't find it hard to believe that tens of thousands, and perhaps HUNDREDS of thousands of accounts are indeed gone forever. There are soooooooooooo many link spammers that have attacked this site both on the BBS and especially in reviews, over the past couple of years, man. Ever since Outwar hit it big.

Very few people actually ask admins to delete their accounts. It's mostly from rules violators that deletions happen, yes.

Silly. ^^

Silly me for jokingly referring to account deleting as "blamming," eh? I s'pose so. #;-}>

No, certainly not, and it's quite near my own "saves" percentage, too (which was 24.61% last night). ^^

Just what I was thinking, yes. You need to get your % up and over (instead of just below) the overall portal %, though, to be respectable at all. #;-}>

) Yeah, not being able to blam things must be hard. I've never done it, but there have been many submissions which weren't just bad, but also offensive, so blamming them was quite a satisfaction. ^_^

It actually didn't take too long to get used to, but it is quite frustrating to only average 15-20 points per day due to only getting saves and not having the time to be on the portal a lot of each day like Toocool often is...

He's already to 22240 or so, and I'm down at 22122 or so. He's gotten a 120+ save lead on me. I don't care so much about that, but I'd already be to 22222 and could restart blamming if I had saved as much the past two weeks as he has. And he was worried I'd catch up to him again during his exams last week. Pfft. #;-}>

We all are. :P Just ask people what they think about wolves, and you'll hear all kinds of horror stories that don't have anything to do with reality. >_<

Wolves and foxes are the downtrodden of teh canine community, yes. The former has a bloodthirsty pack-mentality reputation and the latter has a sneaky-crafty-evil-chicken-snatcher reputation. #;-}>

How on earth did we get onto the subject of foxes and wolves and bats, anyway. I claimed to be a vampire and you added that + fox being in my username together, I believe? Ahhhhhhh, off-topic wanderings.... how easily they happen.

Yeah, that makes sense, but OUT votes still *could* be used as a tie breaker in cases where sites have the same number of IN votes. Otherwise, why are they counted at all?

Just for the hell of it. And to be able to see whether a site is pushing traffic more to NG... or NG is pushing traffic more to the site. Most sites are the latter, as is my pentalist unfortunately... but some sites are the former, at least for periods of time.

Hmmm, yeah, but that's kinda like comparing your own computer to the Earth Simulator. >_> You just can't win.

Heh.

I have. :) I've gained 38 spots since D0GMA's last update (from 130 to 92 ^^), and with a bit of luck, I should be able to move further up, too. ^_^

Groooveeeeeeeeehhhhhh.

Comma Separated Values. Very useful for exporting data, because you don't have to think about elaborate file formats, and also because it's quite easy to modify when necessary. ^^

As yes... CSV... I think I should have known that. Seems very... naggingly familiar now, like I learned once and promptly forgot. #;-}>

Does that mean that such a file has absolutely no spaces or linebreaks in it? Just data + commas?

Said data can include nothing but numbers and decimal points, I presume?

At 5/7/05 05:14 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 5/4/05 04:52 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Recon: 10,010 / 10,429
Haha thats a fun little race as it seems...

Congrats to both of you...

Well, they were tied at exactly the same exp amount for like... hell, 2000 exp or something?

Maybe not quite that much. But anyway... yes, the gap is 20 now. Well, last I checked. I presume it still is the case.

BBS Signature