00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RozenShadow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Great idea

42,998 Views | 1,083 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 11:35:29

At 11/15/03 11:22 AM, thewasteofwebspace wrote: ...

So... i dont have to make my shop anyway?

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 11:44:42

At 11/15/03 11:22 AM, thewasteofwebspace wrote: well its 3:10am in the land of australaaalia. and im still poking around with my script. I cleaned the script a bit and im adding the diolouge system -- its going to be made so level makers only have to change the variables to completely change what the person says/looks like/name/items they sell/for what price.

so for this, theres a fun bit, which everyone is going to love -- i know i do.

I need a list of every . single . item . in . the . game. From quest items, to weapons, to powerups, EV-ER-Y-THING! I need to know how many slots to leave in the script for items and such. The way im making this code, we can use the same image for 2 or more different items twice. if u get me.

this means we also need some clarity on the quest itself. what do you need to do to get thru the gate, and defeat the great evils of darktween.

I also think 'tomorows nobodies' should be in the rpg somewhere, cuz they r kool. lol. check em out. "Make me some pancakes, pahllleaseee!" *thock* "biaaatch!!!" hehe.

dats it for me. more sleepy time ensues for me. but before my departure, ill leave u wif a pic what i have of the script for the speech system so far...

peace all.

Wow, that is one sweet speech system so far! The way I was picturing it would be that the whole window would be at the bottom, but I think covering the whole screen makes it a bit more visible. I can tell you right now that designing evvery single items is going to take quite a while. About what you need to get through the gate to darktween, I think that it should go a bit like this. You start in The Portal and are told about what is going on. Then, you go off on a quest to the first stage (Pico's school or whatever should go first). Once you beat that level, another one becomes available and selectable on the map, and so on. Once you're done a certain amount of levels, then you are allowed to finally proceed to the gate and so on. Oof course there's going to be more interesting things along the way, that's just the very broad and main idea. I will try to work with items soon, but I'm going to focus on convos you do along the quest as well as characters for the game (their portrait for the talking system as well as outside of battle) Right now I'm trying it out with p-bot. When I'm done something more, I'll post it on here. Great effort overall man. Thanks.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 11:45:51

At 11/15/03 11:22 AM, thewasteofwebspace wrote: well its 3:10am in the land of australaaalia. and im still poking around with my script. I cleaned the script a bit and im adding the diolouge system -- its going to be made so level makers only have to change the variables to completely change what the person says/looks like/name/items they sell/for what price.

so for this, theres a fun bit, which everyone is going to love -- i know i do.

I need a list of every . single . item . in . the . game. From quest items, to weapons, to powerups, EV-ER-Y-THING! I need to know how many slots to leave in the script for items and such. The way im making this code, we can use the same image for 2 or more different items twice. if u get me.

this means we also need some clarity on the quest itself. what do you need to do to get thru the gate, and defeat the great evils of darktween.

I also think 'tomorows nobodies' should be in the rpg somewhere, cuz they r kool. lol. check em out. "Make me some pancakes, pahllleaseee!" *thock* "biaaatch!!!" hehe.

dats it for me. more sleepy time ensues for me. but before my departure, ill leave u wif a pic what i have of the script for the speech system so far...

peace all.

Wow, that is one sweet speech system so far! The way I was picturing it would be that the whole window would be at the bottom, but I think covering the whole screen makes it a bit more visible. I can tell you right now that designing evvery single items is going to take quite a while. About what you need to get through the gate to darktween, I think that it should go a bit like this. You start in The Portal and are told about what is going on. Then, you go off on a quest to the first stage (Pico's school or whatever should go first). Once you beat that level, another one becomes available and selectable on the map, and so on. Once you're done a certain amount of levels, then you are allowed to finally proceed to the gate and so on. Oof course there's going to be more interesting things along the way, that's just the very broad and main idea. I will try to work with items soon, but I'm going to focus on convos you do along the quest as well as characters for the game (their portrait for the talking system as well as outside of battle) Right now I'm trying it out with p-bot. When I'm done something more, I'll post it on here. Great effort overall man. Thanks.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 13:25:06

What do you all think about this? I took the character and tried to do a more cinamatic look for him... Plz tell me what you think.

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 13:31:10

At 11/15/03 01:25 PM, griffenmaster wrote: What do you all think about this? I took the character and tried to do a more cinamatic look for him... Plz tell me what you think.

Make the hair and skin color match and we might be able to use him for cut scenes.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 13:37:19

We still need the shop script. use the toad drawings, that was a good idea. the mario level will need it.

i think also if u can get hold of a good pico pic (or some one draw one) we need another similar shop selling guns in picos school.

What does every one else think?

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 13:38:12

i dont like it (no offence)

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 13:39:45

Okay, i'll continue the shop

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 13:42:25

Why can't he just be standing in the street somewhere instead of a shop. Like Pimps Quest.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 13:45:25

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT happy century! 100 posts. bo-selecta.

any way i think that pic is quality just it will have to blend in with all the cut scenes so it may need to be made less anime and more like what he used to look like (not exact but near).

shop would need to be good, can u send me the fla when u complete the toad one. my e-mail is in my profile.

cheers 100th post!

[LN]

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 13:53:22

i'll send it, but it will take some time, cause i need a .fla with toad and all that. i suck at drawing :(

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 15:38:48

hey all... i downloaded flash and made a pice of what toads shop could look like sorta.

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 15:40:53

yo everybody... I downloaded flash and made a pic of what Toad's shop could look like.

P.S. i saved it as a gif on paint cause the jpeg version was too blurry.

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 15:42:52

sry to triple post but that wasn't suppose to happen i thout the first one didnt post... my bad.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 16:03:28

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 16:12:18

At 11/15/03 04:03 PM, Cheapo2002 wrote: Check it:

www.geocities.com/awsome556/yoshismall.html

that was so retarted i forgot to laugh... ifit were on NG i would come back an blam it every day.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 16:16:21

Thats really cool! It kinda reminds me of the Frank's Adventure stuff...

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 16:19:18

At 11/15/03 04:12 PM, Ry-Dogg2009 wrote: that was so retarted i forgot to laugh... ifit were on NG i would come back an blam it every day.

That aint very nice... i don't think that Cheapo meant for that to be a whole game... it was an example of his walking talking buying engine... Is that right Cheapo?
Play nice, Ry-Dogg...

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 16:24:26

At 11/15/03 04:19 PM, SlackerSoHa wrote:
At 11/15/03 04:12 PM, Ry-Dogg2009 wrote: that was so retarted i forgot to laugh... ifit were on NG i would come back an blam it every day.
That aint very nice... i don't think that Cheapo meant for that to be a whole game... it was an example of his walking talking buying engine... Is that right Cheapo?
Play nice, Ry-Dogg...

Okay whatever mom... I'm just playin, the idea ogf the game was dumb. thats all I'm sayin.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 16:28:30

At 11/15/03 04:12 PM, Ry-Dogg2009 wrote:

that was so retarted i forgot to laugh... ifit were on NG i would come back an blam it every day.

Could you do any better??

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 16:40:42

At 11/15/03 04:28 PM, CrookedAsterisk wrote:
At 11/15/03 04:12 PM, Ry-Dogg2009 wrote:

Could you do any better??

Yeah, but jeese i was just messing around.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 16:42:31

I think it was cool! good start.

Here is my shop:
http://www.ssjpride.dk/shop.swf

There is still alot of bugs, if you find them, dont tell me, i already know.

And Ragingflame, please send me a .fla with the badasstoad! phpgud@hotmail.com

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 16:57:06

At 11/15/03 01:38 PM, saxe wrote: i dont like it (no offence)

Thank you so much for giving me a true oppinion. May I ask what you think i could do to improve it?

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 17:08:58

At 11/15/03 04:57 PM, griffenmaster wrote:
At 11/15/03 01:38 PM, saxe wrote: i dont like it (no offence)
Thank you so much for giving me a true oppinion. May I ask what you think i could do to improve it?

I dont like his face: his nose, and that line under his glasses

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 20:04:34

At 11/15/03 04:42 PM, saxe wrote: I think it was cool! good start.

Here is my shop:
http://www.ssjpride.dk/shop.swf

There is still alot of bugs, if you find them, dont tell me, i already know.

And Ragingflame, please send me a .fla with the badasstoad! phpgud@hotmail.com

Haha. It goes into negatives. Otherwise good job. I think you should take the Items and make them smaller in a box or somtin cause the pixles are really showin. You need to do sometin about those negatives though. If you start owing him too much money he'll sick the mob on ya.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 20:31:36

Instead of me wading through 20 so pages of posts, could someone quickly sum up what this game is going to be about/like/whatever? Thnx :)

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 20:35:33

Its a crazyyyyy ideia, but it seems kind of hard to happen for me, I know it would be a excelent flash, who knows it wont became true soon?

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 20:53:12

At 11/15/03 08:31 PM, Drin wrote: Instead of me wading through 20 so pages of posts, could someone quickly sum up what this game is going to be about/like/whatever? Thnx :)

Go to the web-site and read the story. www.ngrpg.tk

Ok i added saxe and griffenmaster to the grahics department. Anyone else i missed? tell me.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 20:58:13

What can I do?

PS I think that link is broken...

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 21:10:01

At 11/15/03 08:53 PM, MrRombie wrote:
At 11/15/03 08:31 PM, Drin wrote: Instead of me wading through 20 so pages of posts, could someone quickly sum up what this game is going to be about/like/whatever? Thnx :)
Go to the web-site and read the story. www.ngrpg.tk

Ok i added saxe and griffenmaster to the grahics department. Anyone else i missed? tell me.

I guess u kinda missed me since i decided to join the project again and i downloaded macromedia flash mx. i guess you can put me on backgrounds or just like game art lol.