00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pawnwolf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

228,652 Views | 2,370 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-12 06:43:13

At 7/12/09 12:20 AM, Lkoz91 wrote: Anyone have any hangover remedies? Could be good to know.

A pint of water before you go to bed, a pint of water in the morning.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-12 09:41:18

At 7/12/09 12:20 AM, Lkoz91 wrote: Anyone have any hangover remedies? Could be good to know.

I'm one of the lucky ones, and never get particulrly bad hangovers, although one time, I took some of these:

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/resolve_v _516.html

and it really helped. Generally though, just rest and drink lots of water is what I find to be the best cure.

he's jus' a rascal...

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-12 14:15:27

I was out yesterday drinking from half 1 as it was the local gala. I have a proper bad bruise under my left arm due to a ride called the Sizzler and two of my friends slamming into me every second.

And I don't get hangovers. Ever. Not even the slightest of discomfort :).

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-12 14:21:20

Parents are going to a wedding on Wednesday and not coming back till Thursday morning so I'm having some mates over for beer and xbox. Not my usual drinking scene but change can be good sometimes. I'd have a full on party but I swore never again in my house after the shenanigans last time.

Anyway, were heading to a supermarket on Wednesday afternoon to stock up on crates. Should be a decent night.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-12 20:11:27

Drink 40's everyday.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-12 20:49:18

At 7/12/09 02:15 PM, Nev wrote: I was out yesterday drinking from half 1 as it was the local gala. I have a proper bad bruise under my left arm due to a ride called the Sizzler and two of my friends slamming into me every second.

And I don't get hangovers. Ever. Not even the slightest of discomfort :).

apparently you've never had cheap vodka. you know, the half gallon jug that costs 5 dollars? drink that and i promise the morning is gonna be rough.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-12 21:02:57

At 7/12/09 08:49 PM, michelinman wrote: apparently you've never had cheap vodka. you know, the half gallon jug that costs 5 dollars? drink that and i promise the morning is gonna be rough.

I have, in the rain at a festival no less and I still felt lovely :).

I'm just ace :P.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-13 03:52:12

At 7/13/09 02:27 AM, B4gle wrote: Are some people just immune to drunkiness? Or was it because it was his second time drinking and he didnt know what it felt like or something?

It's because he HAD been drunk as fuck but he didn't realize because... he was that drunk.

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-13 15:54:01

And that is why vodka is evil. You don't realise you're drunk until you're too far gone, and by then you're just a blithering mess.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-14 06:50:14

And that is why beer is bless. You drink, and you just get drunk gradually, beer after beer :D

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-14 13:05:28

At 7/14/09 06:50 AM, Casualty wrote: And that is why beer is bless. You drink, and you just get drunk gradually, beer after beer :D

I agree that beer is probably the best drink, but the one downside is that if you are aiming to get drunk, buying 8 or 9 pints can be expensive, especially with London's prices.

he's jus' a rascal...

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-14 13:12:27

I rarely ever drink to get drunk, and if I do I predrink for several hours before going out.... I just drink while chatting to friends etc.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-14 14:43:54

I used to binge drink much more when I was younger, although some of that's probably due to the fact I was more lightweight at the time. Generally though I think alcohol will improve your night, if you're chilling at home or going out, it will just seem more fun if drunk with mates.

he's jus' a rascal...

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-14 15:31:43

I only drink to get drunk.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-14 19:53:30

At 7/14/09 03:31 PM, Nev wrote: I only drink to get drunk.

Amen

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-14 20:35:43

Anyone got any good remedies?

Yeah, Stay hammered. :D

Isux@PHP, FML.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-15 06:53:48

At 7/14/09 03:31 PM, Nev wrote: I only drink to get drunk.

Nah. I like to taste special beers and stuff. Like we did yesterday (and like we do like twice a week...). And I don't have a hangover, I don't understand, I've had 12 heavy beers or something. Oh well :D

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-15 07:38:25

AHOY HOY! I turned 18 in May, but i can't remember if i joined here or not. So /join.

I enjoy bourbon and coke, straight whisky/scotch, and love cognac. Pre mixed bourbon and coke is win too.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-17 11:42:20

I used to drink so much I almost threw up every night.

Tox isn't allowed to come or I'm not going-Suprememessage

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-17 19:48:28

These have been two nights of drinking, both not that drunk but they should have been... THIS IS NOT FUN. TOMORROW WILL BE DIFFERENT!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-19 09:37:47

At 7/17/09 07:48 PM, Casualty wrote: These have been two nights of drinking, both not that drunk but they should have been... THIS IS NOT FUN. TOMORROW WILL BE DIFFERENT!

Okay, I made up for that last night.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-19 10:12:15

Damn awesome night of drinking last night. Drank a load of these shots called "Depth Charges", where you shake the shot, down it then suck all the air out with a straw. It's like being kicked in the head. THey're great! :D

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-20 16:35:55

At 7/17/09 09:03 AM, B4gle wrote: Thats what its made for, right? It doesn't make sense to me to just drink for fun. Most alcohol doesn't even taste good.

I'd drink a cider just for refreshment purposes during the day as I love it.
Red Bull and Vodka I love too but thats more of a getting drunk drink to me.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-20 17:11:51

At 7/19/09 10:12 AM, Viridis wrote: Damn awesome night of drinking last night. Drank a load of these shots called "Depth Charges", where you shake the shot, down it then suck all the air out with a straw. It's like being kicked in the head. THey're great! :D

Pah, that's not a depth charge. A depth charge is where you half-fill a regular glass with the mixer, then get a shot glass full of your spirit. Then you drop the shot and immediately drink the whole thing, so it mixes in your mouth.

For example, jagerbombs are depth charges.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-07-20 18:18:57

At 7/20/09 05:11 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 7/19/09 10:12 AM, Viridis wrote: Damn awesome night of drinking last night. Drank a load of these shots called "Depth Charges", where you shake the shot, down it then suck all the air out with a straw. It's like being kicked in the head. THey're great! :D
Pah, that's not a depth charge. A depth charge is where you half-fill a regular glass with the mixer, then get a shot glass full of your spirit. Then you drop the shot and immediately drink the whole thing, so it mixes in your mouth.

What I meant is the name of the shot that I was drinking is Depth Charge Not that it was the depth charge TYPE of shot. Hahaha. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

For example, jagerbombs are depth charges.

Jagerbombs are the sex. I always hit myself in the face with the shot glass though.

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-08-01 17:18:29

For the last 13 days, I haven't NOT drank a beer. Some days were more "fuelled" than other, but always at least 3 or 4 beers, with peeks around 15. It was youth club camp, not drinking camp, so that's not bad...

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-08-01 20:03:30

I've been pertty lethargic an' all over the last weekend or so, but has still been good times.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-08-01 20:38:16

Correction, it's been 19 days, but that doesn't matter. What does matter is that I didn't do anything tonight and it's fucking Saturday. I'll have to make up for that tomorrow...

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-08-01 20:38:33

I feel so bad at the moment. Been drinking all day and I've been sick loads in the last hour or so :(.
Cider, why have you forsaken me!?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-08-01 23:26:54

Haven't been doing much drinking this summer. I did go to a barbecue/birthday last weekend. Had a few beers and tried a Mott's Spicy Caesar, was pretty good. Drank quite a bit, was fairly buzzed, but that's about it. Meh, haven't really gotten the chance to drink all that much I guess.