00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Callipsio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the orange box collab

51,271 Views | 1,415 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-13 12:17:13

lol, I belive in karma so if ya have a bad day u probaby deserve it (accordin to my belifs)
still feel sorry for ya for droppin the game down da sink
the collab is doin pretty good and I guess right now its in the workin stages so I might make a few parts but the biggest stuff is finished right now. and I got a though, if any of ya watched the news latly the whole olympics thing going on I thought about makin a free tibet collab

I have been to tibet and its really nice and the chinese who mess the beautiful place up and make the locals run to india are douches
so please do join the collab :D, il make a thred soon

JOIN THE GTA COLLAB, A TON OF FREE SPACES!!!

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-13 13:03:09

At 4/13/08 12:17 PM, assasinrabbit wrote: lol, I belive in karma so if ya have a bad day u probaby deserve it (accordin to my belifs)
still feel sorry for ya for droppin the game down da sink

WOOO karma! Yeah, sorry about that man,but the oreos part is funny :P
PS my part so far, not that far into it, I'll be working on like, just that now.
PSS Something I started a while ago, it's a halo parody. It will end up being pretty long.

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-13 13:09:47

OMG

I just got an idea for a portal scene.

It is a hallway scene and you can see one portal on the wall down the hall. A random guy walks up to the portal and looks at it trying to figure out what it is (while scratching his head). Moments later a persons head and body and arms come out and tries to scare away the random guy saying "OGITY BOGITY BOO" while flailing his arms. The random guy screams and runs away in fear. The portal guy smiles and chuckles to himself in his accomplishment.

What do you guys think? Someone should really do this it would be very entertaining to see.

[As Main][The Zelda Collab]

I suffer from CRS (Can't Remember Shit)

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-13 13:20:06

At 4/13/08 01:09 PM, mechanixnut wrote: I just got an idea for a portal scene.

I'll animate that! Only, I came up with an idea for a twist at the end. :)

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-13 13:29:34

At 4/13/08 01:20 PM, Noxx11 wrote:
At 4/13/08 01:09 PM, mechanixnut wrote: I just got an idea for a portal scene.
I'll animate that! Only, I came up with an idea for a twist at the end. :)

what is the twist?

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-13 14:27:31

Do we only have a game for half life or do we have another one?

I need to know so I can do the buttons for the menu, I am going to put them in unless we arent having anymore than the one game.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-13 14:39:31

At 4/13/08 02:27 PM, mechanixnut wrote: Do we only have a game for half life or do we have another one?

I need to know so I can do the buttons for the menu, I am going to put them in unless we arent having anymore than the one game.

If i make another game, it might not be portal(that would take a LONG time to figure out the code for), but i suppose tf2 could be easy. Its up to assasin rabbit

And i have seen about the olympics, one of em tried using a fire extinguisher on the flame

I LIEK EESTAH - Easter Collab '09

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-13 14:51:06

At 4/13/08 02:39 PM, chunkycheese12 wrote:
At 4/13/08 02:27 PM, mechanixnut wrote: Do we only have a game for half life or do we have another one?

If i make another game, it might not be portal(that would take a LONG time to figure out the code for), but i suppose tf2 could be easy. Its up to assasin rabbit

I don't know if you make another game that we will be able to fit it in the video (via file size). I can make a link to the Flash Portal Game that has already been made and is kickass as it is.

I don't know what we could do for Team Fortress. I think it would be safe if we just didn't have one for it.

What should all the buttons be in the sub-menus, I have the Play All and the Game buttons. Is there any other ones I should put like maybe a scene selection or something. A scene selection would mean lots more work for me and I don't really want to do that right now.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-13 15:07:38

Hmm. Hows about we leave the scene selection till we've finished? Theres not much point doin it now. And yeah that portal game is awesome. I suppose TF2 DOES have an awesome background, and the parts for it so far are awesome, so it wouldn't hurt leaving it.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-13 15:13:06

At 4/13/08 03:07 PM, chunkycheese12 wrote: Hmm. Hows about we leave the scene selection till we've finished? Theres not much point doin it now. And yeah that portal game is awesome. I suppose TF2 DOES have an awesome background, and the parts for it so far are awesome, so it wouldn't hurt leaving it.

Ya I guess we will leave it blank for a game. I wasn't making the actual scene selection until all the parts are done and submitted. I was jsut going to make a button in the menu. Ya all of the Team Fortress parts that I have seen are really good so far.

UPDATED MENU

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-13 15:17:02

Ya I guess we will leave it blank for a game. I wasn't making the actual scene selection until all the parts are done and submitted. I was jsut going to make a button in the menu. Ya all of the Team Fortress parts that I have seen are really good so far.

UPDATED MENU

Awesome! I love all the animated bits of it, and the buttons have a nice glow. And, yay, the eye returns! :D

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-13 15:21:49

At 4/13/08 03:17 PM, chunkycheese12 wrote:

UPDATED MENU
Awesome! I love all the animated bits of it, and the buttons have a nice glow. And, yay, the eye returns! :D

I had to put the eye back into it ^_^
I have more work to do on it still, like the authors page and the rest of the buttons, and all the rest of the actionscripting. I haven't even started on the preloader yet. I don't really know what I should do for that anymore. I still have a bit of an idea for between them jsut not the preloader itself.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-13 15:31:56

I had to put the eye back into it ^_^
I have more work to do on it still, like the authors page and the rest of the buttons, and all the rest of the actionscripting. I haven't even started on the preloader yet. I don't really know what I should do for that anymore. I still have a bit of an idea for between them jsut not the preloader itself.

Hmm, i COULD do a preloader. It could be something to do with an orange box, i might have an idea

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-13 15:36:22

At 4/13/08 03:31 PM, chunkycheese12 wrote:
Hmm, i COULD do a preloader. It could be something to do with an orange box, i might have an idea

I still want to do the preloader. I just need an idea as to what to make it look like.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-13 15:40:59

I still want to do the preloader. I just need an idea as to what to make it look like.

OK. Maybe something to do with an orange box(an actual orange box). Maybe have the box opening as progress goes on, and when its loaded gordan, a heavy and something from portal jumps out and runs off screen? Bit of a crappy idea, but thats all i can think of

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-13 15:47:44

At 4/13/08 03:40 PM, chunkycheese12 wrote:
OK. Maybe something to do with an orange box(an actual orange box). Maybe have the box opening as progress goes on, and when its loaded gordan, a heavy and something from portal jumps out and runs off screen? Bit of a crappy idea, but thats all i can think of

Ya thats an alright idea. I like the opening of the box for the progress. I was jsut thinking of having a pair of eyes showing as it is opening and having them look around than hide again during the loading.

I would also have to have the loading bar at the bottom for those that don't know how far along it is. When it is loaded I will have "Jump In?" as the button to continue to the menu.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-13 16:00:42

Nice, sounds like a good idea to me!

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-13 16:08:05

At 4/13/08 04:00 PM, chunkycheese12 wrote: Nice, sounds like a good idea to me!

I would start on it right now but I have to leave for work soon. I won't be able to get anything done before I have to leave.

MY 1234th post YAY ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ :P

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-13 16:17:41

At 4/13/08 04:08 PM, mechanixnut wrote:
At 4/13/08 04:00 PM, chunkycheese12 wrote: Nice, sounds like a good idea to me!
I would start on it right now but I have to leave for work soon. I won't be able to get anything done before I have to leave.

MY 1234th post YAY ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ :P

congrats on 1234th post ^_^
Ok, while yeh gone i'll do some of my part, some of my other collab etc.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-13 16:20:31

Ya that is fine. Just do an update every once in a while to show progress, and to get ideas and reviews to make it better ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-13 20:25:27

:O love the menu man its lookin awesome. I love the animation its all good :) nice work.

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-13 20:38:23

Thanks lots of work went into that menu so far and still more to do on it.

and the updated list yet again

-nothin shown
*updates shown

parts given

portal:
1.chunkychesse*
2.thegreen fantasy-
3.dr34mer-

4.assasin rabbit
5.dumassstudios
6.Jay-Jay34

7.jimmick*
8. Noxx11*

9.Oouch

10.robert2812-

11.morningdeath

half life
1.Jay-Jay34-
2.hooplah-

3. assasin rabbit

4.Greensinge-
5.willobeen-
6.Oouch*
7.sirtom93-
8.theafroguy (maybe?)-

TF2
1.the green fantasy-
2.Noxx11-
3.bobby444-

4.flashbound18 (need Fla.)

5.PBM-

6.GCacti

7.ThePrototype-
8.Jimmick*

menu/preloader
mechanixnut*

do note that the finished parts are highlighted so I know that they are done, please post updates so know u are still n the collab

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-14 01:08:10

Haven't posted for a while because I was out of town for a few days. Just thought I'd post an update of a TF2 part that I'll finish by tomorrow. : Will of Fire

"A good pun is its own reword." My DeviantArt

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-14 01:23:43

At 4/14/08 01:08 AM, GCacti wrote: Haven't posted for a while because I was out of town for a few days. Just thought I'd post an update of a TF2 part that I'll finish by tomorrow. : Will of Fire

Thats really good. What about the other one that you were working on. The one where they were at dinner or something. I have the first one that you did already, as you know. Well hope to see it finished soon.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-14 07:33:09

all right here is my idea for the preloader, I have no idea how to do it but we could make a black crowbar that is gonna get filled in, a black portal gun which will get filled in and a black heavy gun that is gonna get filled in

you can switch between the preloaders as you please, maybe there would be different backgrounds since some ppl digg the orange box because they luv half life others despise half life but love portal and vise versa for TF2

P.S. good work on the tf2 part "Eat it fatty!'

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-14 09:22:34

Ok guys I'm finally ready to get cracking with my HL2 part for this collab! :)

There's no animation yet, I'm just messing around with ideas at the moment, then when I find something that looks good enough, I'll use it. I'm quite liking the idea of a narcasistic Gordon though :)

Here's a screen of what I have so far!

the orange box collab

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-14 12:43:40

Nice, thats a pretty awesome screen!

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-14 13:18:00

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha narcistic gordon, lol that made my day man, that made my day... awsome man I was really happy to see ya workin on ur part :D I thought ud quit, I saw ur animations kick ass man kick ass.

also I finally got a new mouse, its really kick ass a hella lot better than my old one

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-14 14:28:11

At 4/14/08 01:18 PM, assasinrabbit wrote: hahahahahahahahahahahahaha narcistic gordon, lol that made my day man, that made my day... awsome man I was really happy to see ya workin on ur part :D I thought ud quit, I saw ur animations kick ass man kick ass.

also I finally got a new mouse, its really kick ass a hella lot better than my old one

cool, all my mouses are crap. I just use a graphics tablet that until recently i didn't know i had

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-14 15:19:59

At 4/14/08 09:22 AM, Greensinge wrote:

Awesome, glad to see you are back and doing an awesome part.

BBS Signature