00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Gustavo-Y-YA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the orange box collab

51,270 Views | 1,415 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-16 08:22:28

I'm still not sure how v-cams make animating easy. I just use lots of layers and draw myself a screan to start with. Then I use alot of loops to make everything seem alive. Could someone give me a link cause the one on the page before doesn't work. Also I would like to say that I have finnally finished my 3 day english assignment. Watch it here! And Ye...I still need a link to v-cam cause all google searches show me video camera's and shit. And is a v-cam really easier than using 50 layers and 845 frames of loops and fbf (think about it)

: Nothing

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-16 08:25:25

And soz for double post but assasinrabit. Will u accept my co-author thingy because I did send u an invitation and u havn't accepted. U can't co people into the collab if you don't do that author collab thing.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-16 08:32:08

Triple post soz. I won't post again for a bit promise :)

HOLY SHIT. V CAMS rock. It means I can just move it around the screen and the camera folows it. HOLY SHIT! That is way easier than moving backgrounds. OH MY GOD. MY animating life has just become 4005730047567302743 times better!

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-16 08:49:16

At 4/16/08 08:32 AM, Morningdeath wrote: Triple post soz. I won't post again for a bit promise :)

HOLY SHIT. V CAMS rock. It means I can just move it around the screen and the camera folows it. HOLY SHIT! That is way easier than moving backgrounds. OH MY GOD. MY animating life has just become 4005730047567302743 times better!

Good stuff :)

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-16 08:50:03

what? REALLY??? I CANT CO PPL WITHOUT THEM BEIN MY BUDDIES??? OMG OUTRAGEOUS!!... lol yeah I know but I like bein organized and I am wating to add everyone at the same time, actually everyone add me if ya wanna get co-d, dosent mean u will but add me :D and yeah morning u gettin co-d

JOIN THE GTA COLLAB, A TON OF FREE SPACES!!!

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-16 10:00:22

Here's a start to the animation so far then anyway!

Gordon Walking

It's nothing special, and I need to tidy up the walking cycle a bit. But it's a beginning! :)

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-16 10:16:40

really nice man, keep up da good work

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-16 12:29:21

Wow, thats awesome! Sorry i haven't been posting much, i'm back at school so i'm a bit cooked up wit homework

I LIEK EESTAH - Easter Collab '09

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-16 13:12:13

na-hice
so we doin a small version of the game for the collab, right?

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-16 13:15:25

yep. Oh, and i could get a jumping AI if i could find a godamn flash file...i know what it is, i cant find it tho :/

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-16 13:17:18

google? I dunno

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-16 15:23:10

Awesome part Greensinge. Everyones shit is starting to look really good now. I can't wait till we get this thing finished off.

[As Main][The Zelda Collab]

I suffer from CRS (Can't Remember Shit)

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-16 16:40:28

New update on my characters :) Hope y'all like the looks of this so far!

the orange box collab

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-16 16:51:06

At 4/16/08 04:40 PM, Greensinge wrote: New update on my characters :) Hope y'all like the looks of this so far!

XD thats awesome

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-16 17:44:12

Thanks a lot dude :)

I need to know, when was the deadline going to be for this collab? I don't remember seeing a date, but I'm sure it will be fairly soon when everybody is finished. I need to know because I'm auditioning on the VAC for some voice actors to do the voices in my part, but I need to know if I'm going to have enough time. Thanks.

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-16 18:06:02

U will have enough time cause your part looks awsome and also many people still arn't done. Good job

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-17 00:12:59

At 4/16/08 05:44 PM, Greensinge wrote: Thanks a lot dude :)

I need to know, when was the deadline going to be for this collab? I don't remember seeing a date, but I'm sure it will be fairly soon when everybody is finished. I need to know because I'm auditioning on the VAC for some voice actors to do the voices in my part, but I need to know if I'm going to have enough time. Thanks.

The plan is to have them done by the begging of May. It was all supposed to be done for the 17th (today), but alot of people are still working so we pushed the date back to May 1st. I hope everyone is done by than cause I might loose my internet connection soon after that :(

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-17 01:54:50

Sorry its taken me so long to get something shown. Im trying out a bunch of different styles for the engy Im using and I think I like this one best. Of course I will be cleaning it up, adding shading all that good stuff, but Im satisfied with that rough pic. Im going to start on my re-written script tonight and hopefully have some movie footage to show in the next few days.
Everyones stuff is looking great by the way!! Its going to be an awesome collab!
Orange. Box.

the orange box collab

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-17 03:58:06

nice dude. I like the drawing. Also check this out and vote. Had 2 days to make... coca cola ad

and pm me mechanix if u still can't do the static cause i can send u a small fla to help. ty for vcam to. I like.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-17 04:11:40

At 4/17/08 03:58 AM, Morningdeath wrote: nice dude. I like the drawing. Also check this out and vote. Had 2 days to make... coca cola ad

and pm me mechanix if u still can't do the static cause i can send u a small fla to help. ty for vcam to. I like.

Thanks Morning. I think Im going to use that style, so hopefully it animates well.

I dug your coca cola ad. Was it for a contest? Anyways, I 5'd it. Nice job.

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-17 05:03:13

It was english homework. (i'm 14..still go to school.)

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-17 05:37:12

At 4/17/08 01:54 AM, PBM wrote: Sorry its taken me so long to get something shown. Im trying out a bunch of different styles for the engy Im using and I think I like this one best. Of course I will be cleaning it up, adding shading all that good stuff, but Im satisfied with that rough pic. Im going to start on my re-written script tonight and hopefully have some movie footage to show in the next few days.
Everyones stuff is looking great by the way!! Its going to be an awesome collab!
Orange. Box.

Oh nice, looking good bud. Hope to see the part is going along great. Morningdeath i will send you a PM I have been trying to make it, but I cant get it to look all that good send me the Fla when you get a chance.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-17 06:31:06

updated list

-nothin shown
*updates shown

parts given

portal:
1.chunkychesse*

2.assasin rabbit
3.dumassstudios
4.Jay-Jay34

5.jimmick*
6. Noxx11*

7.Oouch

8.robert2812 ?

9.morningdeath

10.chief-hungry-bear-

half life
1.hooplah ?

2. assasin rabbit

3.Greensinge-
4.willobeen-
5.Oouch*
6.sirtom93-
7.theafroguy (maybe?)-

TF2
1.Noxx11-
2.bobby444-

3.flashbound18 (need Fla.)

4.PBM-

5.GCacti

6.ThePrototype ?
7.Jimmick*

menu/preloader
mechanixnut*

I have Pm'd those who have't posted in a while, and unless they respond they will be taken off the list for the next update.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-17 07:18:22

I decided to put the static fla up for everyone. (cause I am nice)
Static fla
This is in flash 9 format cause I have flash CS3...Might need to upload flash 8 one

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-17 07:20:34

here is the flash 8 one for people who can't open CS3. (get CS3 plz)
anyways:
Static FLASH 8

there u go and u can play with the alphas etc...etc...

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-17 07:32:31

Ok I got the file, I don't really know how to do the making and stuff, but Ionly learn by playing with shit so I have to have it for a while to learn it.

Thanks for the Fla.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-17 07:39:08

your welcome lol. And good job guys. Keep it up.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-17 07:45:37

I forget who posted it, sorry
But that walking cycle needs some easing
You want to ease out when he raises his foot and ease in when it's going to hit the ground
Looks way more natural
And make his shoulders slump a bit

I'm not that good but I'm good at constructive criticism
Also my portal part is virtually done and my tf2 part is about half way
Got an A+ on a VCE (Australia) sac, and I'm in year 10. I'm so awesome

[I Has A Hat]

And it's on my head, your source for stupid comics and everything hats (No hats)

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-17 07:51:31

I think it was greensinge's part that you are talking about.

you are only in year 10. Fuck I feel old in here now.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-04-17 08:19:29

Yeah I'm 15

I'm a literary savant
/modesty

[I Has A Hat]

And it's on my head, your source for stupid comics and everything hats (No hats)

BBS Signature