00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sheldonaintcool just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

1,030,335 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 18:23:35

At 3/12/09 05:37 PM, Fremen wrote:
At 3/12/09 01:34 PM, KrevZabijak wrote:
There are better measures of age than years.

And apparently, someone beat me to it.
Well played sir, well played.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 18:24:46

Wow, that got blammed fast. Disregard my last post then :)

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 18:43:08

At 3/12/09 06:14 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: All I can do is rotoscoping really. I just got flash again after exactly 10 years of not using it, but I'd love to be involved and try my hand.

That sounds interesting. Can you post up some of your other work so we can see what you can do?

At 3/12/09 05:57 PM, Ninja-Without-Sight wrote: Hey, that flash idea sounds pretty good. I've got a mike, so I could squeeze myself in there as me, NWS :). So, what would be the main plot? Us fighting spam groups?I also have f;ash so maybe I could animate a little.

Cool. I'm sure if everyone animates a couple of keyframes and tweens, it'll be less work for everyone, and the product can be really good.

Here's what I was thinking for a main plot.

It start with the corny old countdown, you know, on a retro projector imitation. Once the movie starts, it's just Mr. Crawford in full police get-up shooting some bad guys. He kills like 8 of them, and then it zooms out, showing that it's a movie playing in a movie theatre.

We skip to two new guys (probably people who just joined NGPD, but are very active). They say they want to join the NGPD. Then we cut to a police academy scene, and we offer a bunch of tutorials on how to vote and stuff like that. Basically FAQ in a funny classroom setting.

Then we wrap up with a final scene that makes fun of the EGB, and a "graduation" ceremony or something like that.

At 3/12/09 06:04 PM, Elder500 wrote: I wish I could contribute, but, sadly, I don't have flash, and I can't afford to pay $500-1000 for it. :(

You don't need flash to contribute, just the wish to contribute. If you want to help, I'm sure we could use it.

Ah, well, good luck! It seems like a really good idea, it might get front page if you do it right! I wouldn't really suggest any "plot," but more of an animation showing, say, Mwmike, Tails, or the entire NGPD shooting at spam/abuse. Something with a lot of action.
Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure the final product will be great. :)

Yeah, I was thinking of making a movie that is mostly just fighting.

There was also a Police Academy Training Video idea that was thrown around last time. I'm thinking we could do some of each.

At 3/12/09 06:23 PM, Crusher117 wrote:
At 3/12/09 05:37 PM, Fremen wrote: There are better measures of age than years.
And apparently, someone beat me to it.
Well played sir, well played.

I was going to point it out, but then realized that I'd look like the bigger (and smarter) man if I didn't.

Pwned.

----------------------------------------
--

Current Contributors:

NWS
Elder (?)
Krev
Tails

I'm volunteering Tails to help, since I know he won't be able to resist.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 18:49:13

Tails

I'm volunteering Tails to help, since I know he won't be able to resist.

Ha. bahaha. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
You really have been gone from this club long, haen't you?!

XD

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 18:51:30

At 3/12/09 06:43 PM, Fremen wrote: You don't need flash to contribute, just the wish to contribute. If you want to help, I'm sure we could use it.

In that case, I'd love to contribute. I'll do anything I can provide.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 19:08:42

I want in on this for sure. Hey I can even be one of the new joins that goes to the academy. Fits well. I have Flash, I just don't know how to use it hahaha. But I definitely want to help in any way I can, jsut tell me what to do.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 19:25:32

I still want to do that training video in a similar fashion to that krusty krab employee video episode on spongebob. You know what I'm talking about right? If not, then thank goodness for youtube (note that this is the extra dumbass version of the actual video so plz bear with me).

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 19:30:12

At 3/12/09 07:25 PM, TailsPrower wrote: I still want to do that training video in a similar fashion to that krusty krab employee video episode on spongebob. You know what I'm talking about right? If not, then thank goodness for youtube (note that this is the extra dumbass version of the actual video so plz bear with me).

That would be amazing. Especially the "cameos" that spongebob had, it'd be great if the Cameo was by someone we knew.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 19:31:57

At 3/12/09 07:30 PM, Crusher117 wrote: That would be amazing. Especially the "cameos" that spongebob had, it'd be great if the Cameo was by someone we knew.

Tom, of course. If we really wanted to be original, we'd throw in a Hitler too.

/sarcasm

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 19:36:16

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. Some of us veterams could be the voices with some cameos, and of course the bloopers and the "what NOT to do's" would all be the newbies.

XD Cause initiation just ain't what it used to be *drugding up painful memories*

Now, when are we gonna start this? Cause I want IN! We could all each submit an idea and, if we want, make thes egment of the video ourselves. Would it work?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 20:34:57

We could show what joining has to offer and we casually throw in a bti about the iniations and we cut to Snake (from MGS) humping a knocked out/killed body in fashion of Snake trying to hide the body.
Followed by an awkward throat clearing and we resume the video where we left off.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 21:48:24

Lol I love those little clips in the middle of a parody. Sure, sounds fun. Question really now isn't what we can do, its' if we can do it.

I say this because we are all "creative" however I myself really need to work on animating."

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 22:12:03

Should I whistle this? I don't think I should, but all it is is blatant advertising of groups illegal by Newgrounds by-law. So, should I whistle or just blam?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 22:14:25

At 3/11/09 10:27 PM, TailsPrower wrote: It's for the better good, bobba.

Bollocks mate. You're a big loavable slacker and you know it as well as I do XD

On another note, I'm disgusted by the amount of retard that's permeating the past few pages. Get your fuckin acts together before I rip off your decaying brain stems and shove it up your asses kk.

He's only saying this to look hard and ascertain his position as leader of the group. He means business. And he'd be even more all powerful if he had a CAPTAIN BADGE. But apparantly he's having none of it.

LOL

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 22:16:00

No, whistle it, and here is why: It insults every user who views it by saying THE USER(enter user name here)FUCKS PIGS!

I just said it was malicious.

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 22:22:12

See, though, I don't think it was malicious. Hell, there have been worse. Malicious would be giving you a virus or something of that nature, and they did sat mature. Therefore, I just hit zero and crossed my fingers. Uh-yuh-yuh >:(. Hey, SC, do you have flash or a mike?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 22:28:30

That's not malicious. It's just a nifty little bit of actionscript that detects your alias when you're logged in. One of the Faggot Federation members showed me how to do it, and it's no danger to your account or computer, trust me; nothing more than a dynamic text box.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 22:31:30

That's a nifty little flash there.

It made me feel special.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 22:40:29

Well NWS, I have FLASH from Adobe CS4(though I only know how to import from Windows Movie Maker into FLASH) and I do have a microphone, why dost thou asketh it from me?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 22:46:26

Because, if you look through this page, we plan on making an NGPD flas (again) and if you have 'em, you could participate if ya want. So, you game?
Also, the portal has failed again. That crap mass-voted flash passed. *sigh* maybe we can 'teach" the populace of Newgrounds how to vote XD

Don't kill me Tails, 'twas a joke.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 22:55:42

Sure, I'm game, I even have something in the works called "Anti KK, FF, DD FLASH" though I don't think that's going anywhere, all it is, is jsut random mouse streaks with colors and a few words. Nothing much. I could probably get some pics from google or something. Or if y'all want to send me some pictures I could use them in Windows Movie Maker and use some music or something. Sadly, I'm not that good at actual flash yet. T_T Oh well, I'm sure I'll get better when I have more free time.

Also, when is the deadline?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 23:06:14

Deadline is in the works, don't worry I'm still learning flash too.
However, I wouldn't reccommend that flash. That is considered a mass-voting inducing flash and while inducing the rage of Tails it will also be blammed/removed. Sorry to break it to ya.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 23:08:48

Well, like I said, I really don't think it's going anywhere, maybe I'll use it to practice some more. Also, what the hell happened to Freedom of the Press, Right to Free Speech, and Freedom to express oneself? As dictated in the First Amendment to The United States Constitution?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 23:32:31

At 3/12/09 07:31 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 3/12/09 07:30 PM, Crusher117 wrote: That would be amazing. Especially the "cameos" that spongebob had, it'd be great if the Cameo was by someone we knew.
Tom, of course. If we really wanted to be original, we'd throw in a Hitler too.

/sarcasm

I think we could get Tom to back this if we start it and show him that we're serious. The first thing that comes to mind is asking him about features of NG that will never change so our flash isn't rendered obsolete by some huge upgrade in August or something random like that.

At 3/12/09 07:36 PM, Ninja-Without-Sight wrote: Yeah, that would be pretty cool. Some of us veterams could be the voices with some cameos, and of course the bloopers and the "what NOT to do's" would all be the newbies.

That's the idea.

XD Cause initiation just ain't what it used to be *drugding up painful memories*
Now, when are we gonna start this? Cause I want IN! We could all each submit an idea and, if we want, make thes egment of the video ourselves. Would it work?

Well, it can work. As long as each person does something. People who are good at drawing do key frames, and animators work on tweens. We'll also need a programmer and someone who can do sounds.

At 3/12/09 08:34 PM, Crusher117 wrote: We could show what joining has to offer and we casually throw in a bti about the iniations and we cut to Snake (from MGS) humping a knocked out/killed body in fashion of Snake trying to hide the body.
Followed by an awkward throat clearing and we resume the video where we left off.

Right....

At 3/12/09 10:46 PM, Ninja-Without-Sight wrote: Also, the portal has failed again. That crap mass-voted flash passed. *sigh* maybe we can 'teach" the populace of Newgrounds how to vote XD
Don't kill me Tails, 'twas a joke.

We can teach them how to literally vote, but we can't make them vote in a particular way.

At 3/12/09 10:55 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Also, when is the deadline?

We are currently in the creative stage.

I say we do this one scene by scene, with everyone collaborating, and editing one scene. Then we can finish the scene and move on. This way we'll have something tangible before we move on, and we can see where it's going while we're doing it. I like feeling out the movie instead of planning every little bit.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 23:49:48

At 3/12/09 11:08 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Well, like I said, I really don't think it's going anywhere, maybe I'll use it to practice some more. Also, what the hell happened to Freedom of the Press, Right to Free Speech, and Freedom to express oneself? As dictated in the First Amendment to The United States Constitution?

You already gave those up a long time ago. HA HA. Don't you know your parents sign those rights away for you to the government for secret monies?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-12 23:54:49

At 3/12/09 11:49 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 3/12/09 11:08 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Well, like I said, I really don't think it's going anywhere, maybe I'll use it to practice some more. Also, what the hell happened to Freedom of the Press, Right to Free Speech, and Freedom to express oneself? As dictated in the First Amendment to The United States Constitution?
You already gave those up a long time ago. HA HA. Don't you know your parents sign those rights away for you to the government for secret monies?

Well...

It's more like "Freedom of Speech" with a lot of "but" clauses added after it.

i.e.

Freedom of Speech, but if you talk about terrorists, we'll send you to GITMO

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-13 00:26:40

At 3/12/09 11:49 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:

Yea fuckin; right! Yeesh. I know my own damn rights. I'm majoring in Criminal Justice after all. I think I know my own Miranda rights, thank you very fucking much. >_>

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-13 00:56:07

Hows everybody? Been gone for most of the day today but i was around and about, And had some things to take care of.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-13 01:03:43

I'm like Lizzardis, but I haz no tablet. :(
I haz mouse!

And I really want to know what that guy's previous password was, just to know what he picked.
Peoples' choices of passwords always intrigued me.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-13 01:28:02

I guess we're pretty much all in the same boat as far as flash skills go huh. I'd rather be sporked fed though. They're more practical than spoons.

L - I know what you mean by braces pain, I was stuck with them for only a year and a half, fortunately, in my younger days. Something ike 5-6 years ago I think. And yea, they pretty much hurt like a bitch the first day after they adjust them. But it's all worth it, you go from a smile that would cause car crashes to a smile that cause women to crash into you "accidentally". As long as your face doesn't look too bad either.