00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ItsJaron just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

959,539 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-12 22:00:58

I dunno, my old highschool film teacher is pushing me to pursue music despite saying how hard and how much of a gamble it is, but then it turned out it was one of his many dreams as a youth and he just values following what you love over doing what gets you dinner every night.

What kind of design does your brother do Lux?

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-13 00:26:18

Level up!

Just wanted to point that out here.
Also, I've never had the chance to take an art class :C

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-13 01:02:06

At 5/12/11 09:38 PM, Luxembourg wrote: College major discussion? Interesting.

You know how there are kids who want to major in fine art and their parents refuse to allow them because there are no jobs in it? My situation is the opposite.

Yeah, my parents are pretty supportive of my endeavors in the art field.

My father wants very badly for me to do art for my living, and while I'd enjoy that, I don't want to go down that road because it's incredibly risky and lacks any security whatsoever. I don't want something that I'm guaranteed to always make X amount in, but I don't want to starve either.

I'm kind of concerned about that too.. I'm really interested in the art/design field, but am incredibly scared of ending up a poor/failed man due to competition/lack of interest from clients.

However, I am considering something at least somewhat similar, like others here have mentioned, in Design.

That's what I want to do as well! I think being a designer/advertiser/more business/marketing oriented artist would be cool.

My older brother is a professional graphic designer and he enjoys his work, and he's been influencing my thoughts towards that. It's still a pretty precarious career option, but there seems to be much more work available in design then in fine art.

Yeah, I am not really planning on any "fine art" type of job because that is just relying solely on artistic talent and how many people buy your paintings. Hey, you could end up like squidward.

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-13 01:07:46

"Bold and brash?"
More like, "Belongs in the Trash!"
Braha wahaha hahahahahahaha

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-13 01:10:28

Talking about jobs eh?

As most of you could guess, i dont really care for being financially stable. Theres lots of odd jobs and being a traveling hobo is pretty fun anyways. Now those aren't my plans but im able to accept any life style as long as im not living with a relative. I had to have my entire family talk me into finishing school and moving in with my grandparents rather than being a vagabond.

I guess my plan is to be independent and experiential with music, art, computers etc and absorb as much as i can on my own until i go to a art school. Like ive said before i dont want to get a degree and do one thing i want to explore every medium and aspect of art. My ultimate goal is to someday make a video game about vexons successful enough to get me the money to invest into my other dream "projects"

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-13 02:15:50

At 5/13/11 12:26 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Level up!
Just wanted to point that out here.
Also, I've never had the chance to take an art class :C

I did, but I didn't take up the offer. Our art teachers don't give two shits about anything other than abstract triangle stuff; which really isn't my thing.

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-13 02:44:52

I plan on going to QNTM college in brisbane when i finish highschool. IS this smart?

-warwicks on the prowl, aww fuck man I know i'm dead-

go to my ill named thread here.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-13 18:45:47

At 5/12/11 10:00 PM, Knocturne wrote:

What kind of design does your brother do Lux?

He does a wide variety of things. He's done work on magazines and websites and he does freelance work in New York city.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-13 21:05:51

I've heard freelancing can not be the most... fruitful job, but what do I know? As for plans on college, I'm 14 and could care less at the moment. I've never put any thought forward on an actual career involving art, I've always just made the assumption that if you love what you do and have a passion for it you'll find a way to incorporate a career in it. I've met a large range of artists who've found a niche for themselves. They don't live like kings, but their certainly not starving artists. I mean, if you are a starving artist, chances are your art isn't that good.

no offense to any starving artists.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-13 21:35:35

unrelated

Got my brother a pink knight for his birthday ages ago
and was finally able to give it to him today.

bask in it's glorious glory

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-13 22:57:53

So I took apart my tablet pen to repair it and found absolutely nothing visibly wrong.

Huh.

Time to order a new one, then.

Seriously what the hell is wrong with it.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-13 23:01:43

At 5/13/11 10:57 PM, Felis wrote: So I took apart my tablet pen to repair it and found absolutely nothing visibly wrong.

Huh.

Time to order a new one, then.

Seriously what the hell is wrong with it.

Battery might be dead.
Doubt it though; they're supposed to last for a longggggggg time.
Then again, you aren't a tablet pen expert, are you?
I think buying a new one is the best idea; but how much do they cost?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-13 23:32:13

At 5/13/11 11:01 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
Battery might be dead.

When I took it apart, there wasn't even anything resembling a battery. It's it's not supposed to have one.

I think buying a new one is the best idea; but how much do they cost?

Already bought one. It was around 30 bucks.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 00:49:45

Random Picture spamming of the 400th page eh? does this work?

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 00:55:56

At 5/14/11 12:49 AM, silversunned wrote: Random Picture spamming of the 400th page eh? does this work?

It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You stole fizzy lifting drinks! You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 01:31:07

At 5/14/11 12:49 AM, silversunned wrote: Random Picture spamming of the 400th page eh? does this work?

It was brutal.

Art Forum Lounge

-warwicks on the prowl, aww fuck man I know i'm dead-

go to my ill named thread here.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 01:51:46

You guys all fail, as this is page 401.

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 02:01:48

At 5/14/11 01:51 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: You guys all fail, as this is page 401.

My post was meant to make this point, as it's general theme is "You lose, good day sir" but I forgot to specify, so I ended up just looking like part of the problem.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 02:04:23

At 5/14/11 02:01 AM, Spaghetti14 wrote:
At 5/14/11 01:51 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: You guys all fail, as this is page 401.
My post was meant to make this point, as it's general theme is "You lose, good day sir" but I forgot to specify, so I ended up just looking like part of the problem.

You should have changed the words to fit the occasion KneeKnow.
I could post that image now and change the words to direct them at your failure in doing so.

help me

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 02:27:29

yea I realized that I failed as soon as it posted and I went to go post

"Oops" afterwards however the double posting rule kicked in and I was like well SHIT

so I just left it and started doing other things LOLOLOL

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-14 02:56:49

At 5/14/11 02:27 AM, silversunned wrote: yea I realized that I failed as soon as it posted and I went to go post
"Oops" afterwards however the double posting rule kicked in and I was like well SHIT
so I just left it and started doing other things LOLOLOL

Hahahaha, hilarious! xD ...I think page 400 should be redone.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-15 04:22:06

Do you wanna plan on page 500 being the new page 400?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-15 05:31:49

well unfortunately that's a LONG way off so can we just continue page 400's spam onto this and the next 2 pages? That would be pretty awesome I thinkg LOLOL

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-15 06:09:24

hi did i miss anything
oh
no
still spamming i see

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-15 06:19:35

At 5/15/11 06:09 AM, McJesus wrote: hi did i miss anything
oh
no
still spamming i see

No, we're pretty much done, despite Silver's mislead enthusiasm.

On an unrelated note (funny, huh), here's a lie webcam of the same crosswalk on Abbey Road that the Beatles used for their album cover. Watch people make asses of themselves as they recreate the album cover.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-15 06:53:09

At 5/15/11 06:19 AM, Spaghetti14 wrote: On an unrelated note (funny, huh), here's a lie webcam of the same crosswalk on Abbey Road that the Beatles used for their album cover. Watch people make asses of themselves as they recreate the album cover.

I'm unsurprised some of those cars just go straight through, regardless of the people crossing that thing. Some of those retards are crossing the road 4 times, walk across like a slow ass, and have no courtesy to thank the cars for stopping.

GAHH I'M SO ANGRY NOW, THANKS SPAG.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-15 08:08:06

At 5/15/11 06:53 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: GAHH I'M SO ANGRY NOW, THANKS SPAG.

You can thank the Beatles in the first place.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-15 10:50:58

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-15 14:22:17

At 5/15/11 10:50 AM, Luwano wrote: LEVEL UP!

+2 strength
+3 intelligence
+1 charm
+5 moxie

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-05-15 18:09:09

Wow... the fact that they have a live-feed webcam for it is quite.... lame..... but hell it tells you what time it is over there, I guess that's convenient.