00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

psykonutz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[Talk] Cereal Boxes

42,866 Views | 513 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 02:22:16

I hafta say "Beaver Bites" takes the cake. That's some pro-quality stuff there. Really nice job.

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 03:56:53

At 4/15/07 07:09 PM, ElementalSoldier wrote: How many Picos are there?

All I know is that I got my out first

:Though Bug actually called it first.

It serves its purpose.

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 04:12:51

Also, since I can't sleep and there's only a few hours left, I'll list my picks (not that my opinion matter) I judge these more on graphic design than art. It has to convince me it's a cereal box before anything else:

Castle Crunch
Pedo's
Shamefuls
Canucks
Dia-Bee-Tes
Sugar Frosted Bees
Pale Puff Cereal
Taco Flavored Spiders
Actionbran
Pico's Pops
Moolk Mix
Harry Houdinee's
Happy Whale Bites (The Japenese Box)
Beaver Bites
Sugar and Stuff

I do agree with the consensus that Beaver Bites has it wrapped up, though I felt Dia-Bee-Tes had the best cereal box feel to it. I guess that's it. I hoping for a Gears of Breakfast come-from-behind victory, but I'm no artist, just a graphic designer.

It serves its purpose.

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 07:34:00

And so it's over...
If we take the deadline strictly, everything after Unioates is out.

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 08:42:35

oooo only 34 minutes left! all you last minute submiters better get on it! and btw, did anyone like terroro's? =(

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 08:45:49

At 4/16/07 07:34 AM, Dasneviano wrote: And so it's over...

9:14:57 AM on April 16? If they are going by Philly time (Eastern Standard) then there's a little over thirty minutes left.

Also, lol to Nappy Headed O's. Funny and Topical.

It serves its purpose.

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 08:50:47

also, chances are, people are going to be submitting a lot around now. some of it is going to be crap, while others are going to be great because the author used all the time he could to draw it. and still no one likes terroro's?

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 08:52:53

At 4/16/07 08:45 AM, rockymike wrote:
At 4/16/07 07:34 AM, Dasneviano wrote: And so it's over...
9:14:57 AM on April 16? If they are going by Philly time (Eastern Standard) then there's a little over thirty minutes left.

Also, lol to Nappy Headed O's. Funny and Topical.

Oops! yeah you're right! Haroins was posted 12:45 AM and I thought it was already noon there.
Stupid me!
I should have quickly made my "Google Giga Bites: Buy them before they buy you!"... Now there's less than 15 min left... pity..

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 08:56:26

At 4/16/07 08:42 AM, superspiderdude wrote: oooo only 34 minutes left! all you last minute submiters better get on it! and btw, did anyone like terroro's? =(

You could have drawn it a lil better, but I still laughed at the "They'll make you say ALALALA all day" part! :)

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 08:58:10

At 4/16/07 08:42 AM, superspiderdude wrote: did anyone like terroro's? =(

Hey sure!
I liked the quote at the bottom.

best of luck everyone!

especially to the poor mod b*stards who have to call this one...

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 09:01:39

well i think someone should hae done a cerel box of The Giver...... they could make it colorless and bland, and have it say something like "every piece tastes the same!" and another thing like at the bottom it says "eating out of the box is against the rules. breaking the rules gets you released."

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 09:07:12

At 4/16/07 09:01 AM, superspiderdude wrote: well i think someone should hae done a cerel box of The Giver......

I remember reading that book i fourth grade.

Are you like 10 or something?

I use smileys when im clinically depressed =3

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 09:19:12

how the hell do you post big images :(

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 09:21:16

welol the thing is for some reason in school we had to read the giver for some reason.... but still my friends and i have fun joking about the whole release thing. i finished that book the day she gave it to us......

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 09:48:34

At 4/16/07 09:19 AM, RaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh wrote: how the hell do you post big images :(

Well, just attach them to your post normally. Only in the art forum though.

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 10:33:21

At 4/16/07 09:48 AM, Dasneviano wrote:

not work.

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 10:40:45

At 4/16/07 10:33 AM, RaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh wrote:
At 4/16/07 09:48 AM, Dasneviano wrote:
not work.

You gotta keep it within the 200 Kb limit. Exactly. Photoshop (at least mine) is not very reliable when it comes to measuring filesize. After you save your file, go to its properties and check it.

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 10:46:59

hello

[Talk] Cereal Boxes

if you can read this, you can read, well done

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 13:08:38

WOW, great contest, great Cereals BOXes. Seriously, I'm not even dreaming about getting few NG stickers (but maybe ? ;) after I've seen all works of my competitors ;) Now I just can't wait to hear NGs staff picks and congrat the winners ;) Good luck, guys.
P.S. Beaver Bites looks so smooth and generaly - amazing ;)

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 13:53:57

At 4/16/07 01:08 PM, RegisCartoons wrote: WOW, great contest, great Cereals BOXes. Seriously, I'm not even dreaming about getting few NG stickers (but maybe ? ;) after I've seen all works of my competitors ;) Now I just can't wait to hear NGs staff picks and congrat the winners ;) Good luck, guys.
P.S. Beaver Bites looks so smooth and generaly - amazing ;)

If you don't have a chance, nobody does!!
Brainies has one of the best designs of the whole thing!
Good luck! :)

Btw, didnt Mindchamber submit anything??

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 14:17:12

At 4/15/07 07:06 PM, OrbitalDebris wrote: The profile says that she's a female, but that is a loooooooooooooooooooooot of pussy jokes in one little package. I probly haven't even found all the inuendo (beavers, austrailian bush, cherries, licking the cone, etc).

LOL! Yeah, there are a couple of others that you didn't mention! Thanks for picking up on it tho! I showed it to a few people before submitting and they didn't get it ...at all! :(

The idea actually came from my niece. I asked her what a good character would be, and she said a penguin... but that had been done... so she (innocently) suggested a beaver! Then my friends SuicideNoob, Agnate, and legendarysim helped with the jokes/innuendos... so they're the guilty ones, not me! lol! (j/k! thanks guys!!)

Thanks for all of the comments, and good luck to everyone! There are a LOT of amazing submissions! Glad I'm not the one picking the winners! lol :)

<3 ShirtTutrle!!

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 15:13:20

At 4/16/07 02:51 PM, Eatsalottagrass wrote: Im gonna go to hell

Colombine cereal whipped up in MS Paint after today? I hate to be like this but: for the love of all that is good in theis world I hope he gets banned into the ground.

Gotta get my cream in Wisconsin

Party Room Suite at the Sheraton

Is my profile full of naked pics? YOU BET!

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 15:22:20

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ahhhh.

I agree. Seriously, worst timing ever.

But it's still better than the Sailor Moon box.

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 15:25:31

I think we'll be posting the winners tomorrow if you're all waiting impatiently.

we have the top 5 i think and are trying to narrow down the rest of the winners....very very tough.

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 15:34:19

At 4/16/07 03:25 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote: I think we'll be posting the winners tomorrow if you're all waiting impatiently.

we have the top 5 i think and are trying to narrow down the rest of the winners....very very tough.

Nice, that's faster then usual if I remember correctly.
Also, I would like to add that I'm really, really glad I'm not judging. :]

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 15:55:03

My favs for this one are
-Castle Crunch
-Dia-BEE-tees
-Angry Whale
-Moolk Mix
-Pico's Pops
-Mateys
-Harry Houdinees
-Beaver Bites
-Sugar and Stuff
-Cannabis Crunch
Its just in order by page.
I liked a lot of the entries and I hope that I'll make it in the top at least.

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 17:06:34

As much as I love Kazzar's Cannabis Crunch entry (the way you drew the 'Cannabis' part is amazing, nice job), is it just me or did he forget the "N" in Crunch...maybe that's part of the joke I'm just not getting?

I think Renaenae's Beaver Bites is definitely down for first place and LilG's (love his linework, especially on the Valentines day contest) Dia-Bee-tees is definitely one or two spots behind it. There were some really creative entries this time around and they seemed to be from a lot more refined crowd, in past contests the turn-out as a whole never really seemed this quality. Judges should have a hard time figuring out winners.

On a side note, that Columbine cereal box couldn't have come on a worse day with the Virginia Tech shooting and all...

always behind schedule.

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 17:13:18

Anybody have anything to say about my effort? Just looking for some constructive criticism. Mine was the Gorbachev Flakes...

Cheers. :)

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 17:49:42

At 4/16/07 03:25 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote: I think we'll be posting the winners tomorrow if you're all waiting impatiently.

I hate it when people post their fav pics !!!!!...mainly cause no one mentions mine !!!!!! *CRYS*

Hey all check out MYSPACE

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Cereal Boxes 2007-04-16 18:29:57

At 4/16/07 03:22 PM, Steven-M wrote: But it's still better than the Sailor Moon box.

i was rushed ok die and go to hell