00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

madelynnaa just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Log Ideas

125,397 Views | 1,418 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-17 15:01:47

At 3/17/08 01:57 PM, aldlv wrote: there's a glitch...
in the TOP 200 lists
http://nglog.denvish.net/rankings.php?ty pe=bpperday
http://nglog.denvish.net/rankings.php?ty pe=expperday

Sk8erGirl14 & his brother R3dF0x changed accounts names...
so now... Sk8erGirl14 has all the point of his brother
and... but... on NGLog all the points are counted from the day sk8ergirl Enter on NG

that someone have a 42.304 Experience/Day & 143.967 B/P/Day without earning them is not fair

Technically speaking, those aren't glitches per se seeing as the information recorded therein is accurate. It's just that this particular person has managed to circumvent the normal ways of getting stats, and has thus created a somewhat anomalous record in the system.

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-17 16:01:02

Does it have a birthday system?
That would be nice.

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-17 16:06:31

At 3/17/08 03:01 PM, Perceptor wrote: Technically speaking, those aren't glitches per se seeing as the information recorded therein is accurate. It's just that this particular person has managed to circumvent the normal ways of getting stats, and has thus created a somewhat anomalous record in the system.

ok.. is just a change... but I should be solved...
=D

At 3/17/08 04:01 PM, YEAHmix wrote: Does it have a birthday system?
That would be nice.

what for???
I don't think we need that...

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-17 16:41:02

Sorry for the late reply. I couldn't be arsed, and then I forgot...

@NEVR: This was the case at first, and I was going to look at it, but the problem seems to have vanished...
@superstatguy: No need, as NEVR says.
@NintendoMadness: Not REALLY needed, plus I'd need to add a third one and the system I made isn't really fit for this.
@aldlv & Perceptor: Yeah, it's not a glitch, and it's the way it is. I can't do anything about it.
@YEAHmix: Read what aldlv said.

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-17 17:04:35

it should show you how many movies you have voted on if that is possible

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-17 17:08:17

At 3/17/08 04:41 PM, Casualty wrote: @aldlv & Perceptor: Yeah, it's not a glitch, and it's the way it is. I can't do anything about it.

Isn't there a way to change the sign up date of the account? Because the "time on NG" has to be calculated somehow, so I guess it's via the sign up date, which has to be stored somewhere...

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-17 18:28:48

ok.. is just a change... but I should be solved...
=D

Hmm, granted, I don't know the system at all here, but I can only think of two ways whereby one could fix this anomaly in the Newgrounds logs. The first of these would be for Casualty to go into the records and manually alter them so that they're in line with the facts of the matter at hand. The second is somewhat similar to the first: alter the information present for the sk8ergirl14 account so that its joining date is that of its "parent" account.

At 3/17/08 04:01 PM, YEAHmix wrote: Does it have a birthday system?
That would be nice.
what for???
I don't think we need that...

I would agree with you on this one, while having a notice to celebrate your, Newgrounds I assume, birthday would be nice, it does fly in the face of the Newgrounds log philosophy. The whole point of this is to record what stats you have made with your own effort. Realistically speaking, it takes literally no effort to create an account, leave it for a year and then be congratulated on your birthday. That takes maybe 5 minutes at most; getting something like EGSC would be vastly more time intensive.

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-17 18:32:33

At 3/17/08 05:08 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 3/17/08 04:41 PM, Casualty wrote: @aldlv & Perceptor: Yeah, it's not a glitch, and it's the way it is. I can't do anything about it.
Isn't there a way to change the sign up date of the account? Because the "time on NG" has to be calculated somehow, so I guess it's via the sign up date, which has to be stored somewhere...

Sorry about this, I honestly didn't see this message until I just posted mine this very minute. I guess I'm not the only one to think of this plan. If, however, it be impossible for anything to be done about it as Casualty suggested, then I reckon sk8ergirl14 deserves a rather unusual form of congratulations. In one fell swoop, she has all but guaranteed that she will never be removed from the top spots in terms of B/P points per day, stats per day, and also fewest deposits missed. All she has to do is log into the system every so often to keep her record in the last 2,000 or so, and she'll be unmovable. The only way that this could change would be for someone to do something similar but on a greater level.

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-18 05:17:15

At 3/17/08 01:57 PM, aldlv wrote: there's a glitch...
in the TOP 200 lists
http://nglog.denvish.net/rankings.php?ty pe=bpperday
http://nglog.denvish.net/rankings.php?ty pe=expperday

Sk8erGirl14 & his brother R3dF0x changed accounts names...
so now... Sk8erGirl14 has all the point of his brother
and... but... on NGLog all the points are counted from the day sk8ergirl Enter on NG

that someone have a 42.304 Experience/Day & 143.967 B/P/Day without earning them is not fair

LOL! 42 exp a day. Man, that's swell.

Isn't it also a problem on the "most missed deposits/least missed deposits" and "time on NG" lists as well?

At 3/17/08 05:08 PM, Haggard wrote: Isn't there a way to change the sign up date of the account? Because the "time on NG" has to be calculated somehow, so I guess it's via the sign up date, which has to be stored somewhere...

Sure it's stored somewhere. In all of our profiles, and next to every single one of our posts in the BBS.

How do you think NG LOG calculates your time on NG and how much exp you could have? They're all based on it pulling your signup date from your profile, clearly.

At 3/17/08 06:28 PM, Perceptor wrote: Hmm, granted, I don't know the system at all here, but I can only think of two ways whereby one could fix this anomaly in the Newgrounds logs. The first of these would be for Casualty to go into the records and manually alter them so that they're in line with the facts of the matter at hand. The second is somewhat similar to the first: alter the information present for the sk8ergirl14 account so that its joining date is that of its "parent" account.

He's not going to waste his time manually fixing things. It would have to be a site-wide fix that would somehow mesh the signup dates with reality... dunno why there's such a disparity, anyway. I guess NG Log currently checks your signup date just once... and then never again.

And that's why those two swapped accounts are so fuxxed.

Too bad those idiots asked an admin to do that. It affected every list with one of the accounts on it. From my pentalist to any other list here on Wi/Ht? and of course NG Log as well. Hilarious. Not.

I would agree with you on this one, while having a notice to celebrate your, Newgrounds I assume, birthday would be nice, it does fly in the face of the Newgrounds log philosophy. The whole point of this is to record what stats you have made with your own effort. Realistically speaking, it takes literally no effort to create an account, leave it for a year and then be congratulated on your birthday. That takes maybe 5 minutes at most; getting something like EGSC would be vastly more time intensive.

NG Log records the stats on an account.

Effort doesn't matter. But it should record them accurately if at all possible.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-18 05:36:18

At 3/18/08 05:17 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 3/17/08 05:08 PM, Haggard wrote: Isn't there a way to change the sign up date of the account? Because the "time on NG" has to be calculated somehow, so I guess it's via the sign up date, which has to be stored somewhere...
Sure it's stored somewhere. In all of our profiles, and next to every single one of our posts in the BBS.

How do you think NG LOG calculates your time on NG and how much exp you could have? They're all based on it pulling your signup date from your profile, clearly.

*snip*
I guess NG Log currently checks your signup date just once... and then never again.

Well, yes. That's what I was going for ;) . If NGLog checks the sign up date regularly to determine "time on NG" and things like that, then it should be possible to get the stats per day back to the "real" amount by pulling the "real" sign up date from the account formerly known as R3dF0x.
If NGLog checks the sign up date just once, then it has to be stored somewhere on NGLog, or else no time based calculations would be possible ;) .

And that's why those two swapped accounts are so fuxxed.

Too bad those idiots asked an admin to do that. It affected every list with one of the accounts on it. From my pentalist to any other list here on Wi/Ht? and of course NG Log as well. Hilarious. Not.

Yeah... if at least we still had our profile IDs...

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-18 12:57:30

The sign-up date is pulled once, at the sign up, as gfox said. There are several things I could do right now:
-Simply remove the account, and disable it from NG Log. A bit harsh though, innit? =P
-Modify both sign-up dates, so sk8ergirl will get back her normal paces. It's fair, but does not stroke with reality.
-Leave everything as it is.

I have a penchant for the last option, just like gfox. Technical accuracy > rest. I did add a mention in the rankings for now, though, lol.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-18 14:50:32

At 3/18/08 12:57 PM, Casualty wrote: The sign-up date is pulled once, at the sign up, as gfox said. There are several things I could do right now:
-Simply remove the account, and disable it from NG Log. A bit harsh though, innit? =P

Yes, that's a bit harsh ^^.

-Modify both sign-up dates, so sk8ergirl will get back her normal paces. It's fair, but does not stroke with reality.

Why doesn't it stroke with reality? The account "R3df0x" got the name changed to "Sk8ergirl", so the sign up date on NG log is actually wrong now for "Sk8ergirl".

I have a penchant for the last option, just like gfox. Technical accuracy > rest. I did add a mention in the rankings for now, though, lol.

Well, of course you could leave everything as it is. It's your site and you decide what should be done and what shouldn't ^^ .

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-18 21:15:33

At 3/18/08 02:50 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 3/18/08 12:57 PM, Casualty wrote: The sign-up date is pulled once, at the sign up, as gfox said. There are several things I could do right now:
Yes, that's a bit harsh ^^.

yep... harsh... I agree

Why doesn't it stroke with reality? The account "R3df0x" got the name changed to "Sk8ergirl", so the sign up date on NG log is actually wrong now for "Sk8ergirl".

that have sense to me... I think is the best option..

Well, of course you could leave everything as it is. It's your site and you decide what should be done and what shouldn't ^^ .

sure... you can do whatever you want
but... I think it can unmotivated user... to see that she have something that is impossible for us to get

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-19 07:05:47

sure... you can do whatever you want
but... I think it can unmotivated user... to see that she have something that is impossible for us to get

Perhaps, but at the same time, I wouldn't think it anything worthy of any real concern. After all, anyone who is familiar with the details of this matter will simply accept the fact that this is, for all intents and purposes, a cheat of the system. Yes, there is no way it would be possible to get stats such as those: you would need to be on the portal 24 hours a day and "correctly" voting on every single entry to make that kind of progress. However, I don't think there is any real pride to be gained from having a deposit rate over 400%, it's just rather self-defeating at the end of the day.

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-20 19:59:38

I must ask: why there was no UOTD at the NGLog on the 19th?

Far away, across the field, the tolling of the iron bell

Calls the faithful to their knees, to hear the softly spoken magic spells.......

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-21 05:12:56

The difference is, when I left it alone, it didn't mess up any stats. All the stats in the pentalist I had for that user were correct, the name/profile were just from the way it WAS rather than the way it is now.

If you leave everything as it is, all the stats for both those accounts will be messed up, if they have to do with sign-up dates.

So I vote for #1 or #2. #3 is the worst option to me.

Everyone else seems to think #1 is worst... and 2 is best.

So, combine those two views together... boom. 2's best. 1 and 3 are the most scoffed at options by we, the masses. #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-29 01:59:22

awwww, it's down...

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-29 06:04:09

At 3/29/08 01:59 AM, bifgis wrote: awwww, it's down...

I know.... I just tried to log my data while I was at 10,200 posts and 25,221 saves a few minutes ago. OH WELLS.

I just hope the "servers will be moved and sites will be back up by Sunday morning" message turns out to be overally liberal with the amount of time specified. 24+ hours for a server relocate? BAH.

:::will check NG Log again around 10PM Saturday evening to try and log data today... if not? Oh wells:::

Did anyone get their 3/29 log in before TEH LOCK?

At 3/29/08 02:58 AM, TheNossinator wrote: A pity that it's down right now.

One thing, Casualty.

When I log my stats more than once in a day (which I usually do to help with tracking B/P) NG Log seems to think a new day has begun, and increases my "If you had deposited every day, you would have xxxx experience and be level xx by ten.

Is there anything that can be done?

That seems very very strange. Are you looking in your stats from clicking back to them right off the "you've just logged your data" page? If so, try clicking into your userpage from the links either on the frontpage of NG Log (when you're one of the 5 most recent loggers), or on the Users page, with the listing of all users in descending order of times logged.

See what it says right there, and use the Previous and Next links to compare over a series of days.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-29 06:28:11

At 3/29/08 06:04 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
I know.... I just tried to log my data while I was at 10,200 posts and 25,221 saves a few minutes ago. OH WELLS.

I just hope the "servers will be moved and sites will be back up by Sunday morning" message turns out to be overally liberal with the amount of time specified. 24+ hours for a server relocate? BAH.

will check NG Log again around 10PM Saturday evening to try and log data today... if not? Oh wells:::

Yeah I managed to get my log in before they locked it :P

But I hope they hurry up because its annoying me to not see my pace!!!

Dancing Pineapple Guy!

128th EGSC. I popped NEVR's BBS ban cherry.

Also cocks.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-29 08:06:55

At 3/29/08 06:28 AM, Joshiwa wrote:
will check NG Log again around 10PM Saturday evening to try and log data today... if not? Oh wells:::
Yeah I managed to get my log in before they locked it :P

But I hope they hurry up because its annoying me to not see my pace!!!

Bah. No complaining for you, then.

At least you got your log in, and days from now you can load you Saturday 3/29 data and get your Saturday weekly b/p pace stuffs all sorted out. Most of the rest of us are gonna have a Friday-to-Sunday jump in our stats, with the pace all fuxxored.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-29 08:15:43

At 3/29/08 02:58 AM, TheNossinator wrote: When I log my stats more than once in a day (which I usually do to help with tracking B/P) NG Log seems to think a new day has begun, and increases my "If you had deposited every day, you would have xxxx experience and be level xx by ten.

Is there anything that can be done?

Does that happen each new time you log your stats, or just once? Remember that NG Log days are the same as Newgrounds days, so for you midnight is something like 2pm.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-29 08:36:51

At 3/29/08 08:26 AM, TheNossinator wrote: Just the once. I know the the new NG day starts at 2 pm here, so I log my stats at around 4 pm (after depositing exp). If I then log again, I get the +10.

Well, I get something similar in that it takes a while after NG midnight for my time on Newgrounds to update. I don't normally check the missed deposits bit (too depressing :P), but I'm sure that correlates. Could be a similar problem, in that the update is delayed or something.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-29 09:14:01

On a related note, am I the only one to have noticed Portal Guard to have been taken down as well? Unless I am very much mistaken, both NG Log and Portal Guard came from the same individual, so the one may be related to the other. If not, then this raises more questions in my view.

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-29 10:06:51

Nope. That means that this is the SECOND WEEK IN A ROW that I am not able to see my weekly pace (I missed the Log last Saturday because my nice was born that day and I payed a visit to her and the proud parents ;) ).

At 3/29/08 09:14 AM, Perceptor wrote: On a related note, am I the only one to have noticed Portal Guard to have been taken down as well? Unless I am very much mistaken, both NG Log and Portal Guard came from the same individual, so the one may be related to the other. If not, then this raises more questions in my view.

Yes of course Portal Guard doesn't work when NG Log is down. Check the error message: "Either this program has been discontinued, or there are problems with NG Log". Right now the servers where NG Log is being hosted on are relocated. So no NG Log and no Portal Guard.

Oh, and both are from Casualty.

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-29 13:25:05

Damn missed the Saturday Nglog, the only day of the week I log the stats. I would everyday but its too embarrassing.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-29 17:57:21

At 3/29/08 04:44 PM, Esinelix wrote: After the newgrounds log redesign, will the website still be called NgLog, if not may I please have the URL?

The site isn't "redisigned", just the servers where the site is hosted are relocated. Everything else (that includes the URL) will be the same.

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-30 07:34:06

At 3/29/08 10:06 AM, Haggard wrote: Nope. That means that this is the SECOND WEEK IN A ROW that I am not able to see my weekly pace (I missed the Log last Saturday because my nice was born that day and I payed a visit to her and the proud parents ;) ).

I hope you were on after it came back up on Saturday. ;_;

At 3/29/08 09:14 AM, Perceptor wrote: On a related note, am I the only one to have noticed Portal Guard to have been taken down as well? Unless I am very much mistaken, both NG Log and Portal Guard came from the same individual, so the one may be related to the other. If not, then this raises more questions in my view.

LOL! No need to be suspicious... for as Haggard informed ya...

Oh, and both are from Casualty.

Both are indeeeeeeeeeeed.

At 3/29/08 01:25 PM, iscrulz wrote: Damn missed the Saturday Nglog, the only day of the week I log the stats. I would everyday but its too embarrassing.

Just log on Sunday instead, presuming you didn't get your log in on Saturday evening.

I love how we all assumed we'd missed Saturday when it was still morning or near noon like in this post above... Saturday ain't missed till it's midnight NG time on Sunday. #;-}>

I'm just glad my wishful hopes were true.... and the "Sunday morning" message re: the server relocation turned out to be overestimated.... YAY!

At 3/29/08 04:44 PM, Esinelix wrote: After the newgrounds log redesign, will the website still be called NgLog, if not may I please have the URL?

LOL! Why would the domain name/URL change, dude?

At 3/29/08 09:15 PM, TheNossinator wrote: Hooray, it seems that NG Log is back.

I think everything is working fine, except for UOTD, but that doesn't affect us anyway.

Yep. Pretty kick ass. I didn't notice till about an hour after you did, but I got my log in yesterday after all. HUZZAH HOORAY YIPPEE!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-30 09:51:43

At 3/30/08 07:34 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 3/29/08 10:06 AM, Haggard wrote: Nope. That means that this is the SECOND WEEK IN A ROW that I am not able to see my weekly pace (I missed the Log last Saturday because my nice was born that day and I payed a visit to her and the proud parents ;) ).
I hope you were on after it came back up on Saturday. ;_;

Again: Nope. Because when it's still Saturday for you it's around 6 o'clock on Sunday for me ^^. And normaly I'm asleep at that time of the day.
Besides, we got one hour stolen from us because of that damn daylight savings time >:( .

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-03-30 09:58:38

i was thinking of some kind of sniping game about halo where u snipe elites and grunts. and there r some movie parts. it is where u gard ur men while they go off the screen where u will see that the um... i dont know what happens ... i guess u win when ur men get across the screen

Response to NG Log Ideas 2008-04-01 05:29:34

I don't know what the fuck happened. I was in Italy. The weather was shit, except for the last 3 days. I don't get any info about the server because it's Denvish's account and hosting. I don't care, everything is working now.

At 3/30/08 09:58 AM, Billsthename wrote: i was thinking of some kind of sniping game about halo where u snipe elites and grunts. and there r some movie parts. it is where u gard ur men while they go off the screen where u will see that the um... i dont know what happens ... i guess u win when ur men get across the screen

Hahahahaha, hahaha. No.

BBS Signature