00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Log Ideas

125,240 Views | 1,418 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Log Ideas 2016-01-01 08:03:58

@byteslinger Never mind, found it (the thread's right here lol). The link's on NG Log's Front Page... what a handy spot for it!
Anyway, thanks for minding the store, and Happy New Year!!1

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2016-01-02 04:13:13

At 1/1/16 08:03 AM, VicariousE wrote: @byteslinger Never mind, found it (the thread's right here lol). The link's on NG Log's Front Page... what a handy spot for it!
Anyway, thanks for minding the store, and Happy New Year!!1

Oh, I discovered a new topic! :O To think it's been here all this time... is this re-activation by any chance an invitation to new ideas and suggestions? I'm thinking that stream of:

Warning: mktime() expects parameter 4 to be long, string given in /home/content/w/k/r/wkradmin/html/nglogs/rankings.php on line 241

Warning: mktime() expects parameter 4 to be long, string given in /home/content/w/k/r/wkradmin/html/nglogs/rankings.php on line 241

...really would be nice to browse rankings without! Would be cool with all review types included too, if there is time for changes. Working flawlessly otherwise.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2016-01-04 23:24:40

Is NGlogs being updated? I haven't been around in a few years and it seems as it hasn't since the last redesign !

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2016-01-09 09:25:06

At 1/4/16 11:24 PM, idiot-buster wrote: Is NGlogs being updated? I haven't been around in a few years and it seems as it hasn't since the last redesign !

Don't think so. It still displays the old level icons in the in progress bar towards a new level.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2016-11-26 06:57:24 (edited 2016-11-26 06:57:50)

At 1/9/16 09:25 AM, LiquidFire wrote: Don't think so. It still displays the old level icons in the in progress bar towards a new level.

Old level icons were so much better though, would be a shame to change those! ;) Though some of them old bugs do still persist, doesn't seem to be that actively maintained...

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2016-11-26 08:15:00 (edited 2016-11-26 08:15:12)

I forgot about the NG log!

Just depressed myself by finding out if I don't miss a deposit I'll get to level 60 on April 21st, 2022 and If I hadn't missed one so far I'd be at level 48 by now. Still, 75.9% deposit rate isn't bad.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2016-11-26 11:11:53 (edited 2016-11-26 11:12:06)

At 11/26/16 08:15 AM, Decky wrote: I forgot about the NG log!

Just depressed myself by finding out if I don't miss a deposit I'll get to level 60 on April 21st, 2022 and If I hadn't missed one so far I'd be at level 48 by now. Still, 75.9% deposit rate isn't bad.

Not too bad! I'm on 71.37% myself. Do envy those who have a perfect rate, though also wonder how many of those have actually made all the deposits themselves. What I do regret is not logging my stats on NG Logs for so many years, could've been up in the toplist there easy...

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2016-11-29 22:28:37

At 11/26/16 11:11 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 11/26/16 08:15 AM, Decky wrote: I forgot about the NG log!

Not too bad! I'm on 71.37% myself. Do envy those who have a perfect rate, though also wonder how many of those have actually made all the deposits themselves. What I do regret is not logging my stats on NG Logs for so many years, could've been up in the toplist there easy...

If the road to Hell is paved with good intentions, then NGLOGs has been a pit stop along that road. I had been working on a rewrite / combo of a new logs system tied to a new stats system, but both had been put on the back burner for a while due to real life getting in the way. My apologies - I am not around as much as I should be, but Newgrounds is still one of my favorite hangouts.

Anyways, to see where I was going with this - and got stalled - take a look here:

http://www.wkrconcepts.com/ngstats/index.php?nav=1&id=1

It does have a more updated look and feel (but it's not responsive yet - working on incorporating Bootstrap into the design) - it does have a nicer stat view, and it does automate a bunch of stat reports.

It's also still rough around the edges and needs a lot of cleanup, but at least there's something there.

Maybe if things quiet down around the holidays I'll pick up on it and move it along some more.

Again, my apologies for being an absentee landlord - and thank you all for your kind words and support!

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to NG Log Ideas 2016-11-30 06:34:36 (edited 2016-11-30 06:36:39)

At 11/29/16 10:28 PM, byteslinger wrote: If the road to Hell is paved with good intentions, then NGLOGs has been a pit stop along that road. I had been working on a rewrite / combo of a new logs system tied to a new stats system, but both had been put on the back burner for a while due to real life getting in the way. My apologies - I am not around as much as I should be, but Newgrounds is still one of my favorite hangouts.

Anyways, to see where I was going with this - and got stalled - take a look here:

http://www.wkrconcepts.com/ngstats/index.php?nav=1&id=1

It does have a more updated look and feel (but it's not responsive yet - working on incorporating Bootstrap into the design) - it does have a nicer stat view, and it does automate a bunch of stat reports.

It's also still rough around the edges and needs a lot of cleanup, but at least there's something there.

Maybe if things quiet down around the holidays I'll pick up on it and move it along some more.

Again, my apologies for being an absentee landlord - and thank you all for your kind words and support!

I do remember this from another topic. :) Have been pondering somehow making use of the Hexalist stats there for the Hexalist updates, but it's felt like a big step to take considering a lot of users still aren't in that database, and the data needs to be restructured/cut for the HTML file... a lot of which has been automated in the .xls file I currently use. In the long run it'd surely make it quicker, though. Running the NG Scan is what takes the longest time, but otherwise it probably wouldn't be so different.

Anyway, as for this in regard to NG Logs - is this planned to replace the other, or rather add to it? Will this evolve to include the NG Log features? There'd be much I'd miss with the current one if it doesn't all combine, most particularly the 'Times Logged' stat, and the daily routine/game that it entails. Also so many goodies there, like the quotes, bytesizes, UOTDs, compares etcetc. But if you're not planning to wipe out all of the old with the new this sounds pretty exciting. :) What I´d be most looking forward to is probably a Responses ranking that takes into consideration all forms of reviews (think the old one only includes Flash... maybe audio too).

Spotted a typo on the main page btw: lit managers

And a question. Wonder how the Rename User option works. Are renames double-checked before they're implemented? Seems a bit prone to abuse if not...

BBS Signature