00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blacktree4 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dragonforce Fan Club

8,602 Views | 135 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 14:53:04

This club is for all those who enjoy Dragonforce, and their music.

You can discuss concert locations, and dates, your favourite songs, or albums, members, and damn near anything relating to them.

The rules are as follows, and I will not hesitate to contact the mods should you choose not to abide. Of course, all regular BBS rules apply here as well.

1. First and foremost, no retardation of this topic with "DRAGONFORCE R TEH SUXXZORZ LISTEN TO <Insert shitty band name here>" Not only does this piss everyone off, but it makes you look like a wad.

2. Similar to Rule number 1, spamming in the slightest will not be tolerated. We're here to talk about a band we like, not about what you had on your pizza.

3. ZP Theart and Herman Li are clearly the greatest members of the band.

And finally:

4. We're here to have a good time, discussing the music WE listen to, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be courteous to other peoples music choices. This means, no demeaning comments about anyone elses choices of music. This does NOT mean, do not have an opinion. You're free to say what you prefer over something else, but be nice about it.

You catch more flies with honey, then with vinegar, after all...

Now then, on to business.

Any recruitees?

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 14:56:06

Hum... thats sound great... but would't a Power Metal Club be better ? Because Dragon force is nice but i think Rhapsody is better...

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 15:02:12

At 1/6/07 02:59 PM, Lagrance wrote: DRAGONFORCE SUCKS LISTEN TO LINKIN PARK!!!!

ok first... you are not funny
second: go away plz

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 15:07:08

I'm In I like Dragonforce i like the whole band really no fav's but if i had to choose between Sam and Herman it would be Herman because he is t3h pwin at t3h guitar >:D so i is in!

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 15:09:21

Don't worry about him, i called in SOAS.

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 15:11:46

Ahh. Shut your mouth you emo kid.

My introduction to Thrash metal:)

BBS Signature

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 15:14:23

At 1/6/07 03:09 PM, Dauss wrote:

Ahh, That's good. I'm in. I like Some of Dragonforce's stuff. They remind me of Iron Maiden and Blind Guardian.

BBS Signature

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 15:18:14

At 1/6/07 03:14 PM, Devilrider2 wrote:
Ahh, That's good. I'm in. I like Some of Dragonforce's stuff. They remind me of Iron Maiden and Blind Guardian.

Cool, so thats you, Tictac1026, and I'm not sure if VenomKing666 wants in.

So we've got 3-4 members so far.

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 15:20:11

Yay im a Member ^_^ i want to go see them in concert in feb but my dad is being dumb and saying that the Area isnt safe. so yeah i gotta convince him that it is super safe like bubble wrap

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 15:22:27

At 1/6/07 03:14 PM, Devilrider2 wrote:

since i'm here anyways. I have a hard time getting into Dragonforce. I can't say they suck, but I can't say I like 'em either. I'm a huge Blind Guardian fan, and I guess since they are too similar for my liking, I just had to lean with BG. There is something off about Dragonforce for me, it might be the vocals.
Maybe I should give a few songs a listen to, since I never gave them a fair chance. Any recommendations?

RoseSOAS: you should know i dont think this far ahead

Me made simple: well you already thought as far as holding a chicken while in your underwear

BBS Signature

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 15:25:01

um a recomendation hmmm i say listen to Valley of the Damned its the song that go them up there so yeah listen to that i hope you like it ^.^

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 15:28:27

I'd like to join this club. DragonForce are one of my favourite bands and they are what got me into Power metal (Helloween got me into that genre as well). My favourite songs have to be Through the Fire and Flames, Operation Ground and Pound, Valley of the Damned, Where Dragons Rule and My Spirit Will Go On. My favourite album of theirs is Inhuman Rampage, because it was the first DragonForce album that I got and I love it a lot.

At 1/6/07 03:22 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote: Maybe I should give a few songs a listen to, since I never gave them a fair chance. Any recommendations?

If you've only listened to their newer stuff, then maybe you should give the songs from Valley of the Damned a try.

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 15:34:10

My Fav Dragonforce songs are Cry Of the Brave, Fury Of the Storm, and Heart Of a Dragon

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 15:42:44

Valley Of The Damned is my favorite Dragonforce album.

BBS Signature

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 16:18:04

I'll join... got Sonic Firestorm (downloaded sadly) and Inhuman Rampage (bought it).... and intend to get Valley... and Sonic Firestorm for real very soon.

And I saw them last month.... spent an hour meeting the band :). Though I didn't meet Sam, he was too drunk to make an effort, just went onto the tour bus with some girl. But yeah, met everyone else, got pics with all of them but ZP as he had to be off and I didn't wanna bother him, but he shock my hand and signed my ticket :).

Herman blessed by guitar hand and wrote 'I am a cunt' on my head when I asked him to sign my forehead.... bastard!
Proofies :D:

Dragonforce Fan Club

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 16:19:30

At 1/6/07 03:22 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote: Maybe I should give a few songs a listen to, since I never gave them a fair chance. Any recommendations?
If you've only listened to their newer stuff, then maybe you should give the songs from Valley of the Damned a try.

Valley of the damned has some GREAT songs, Sonicfirestorm is another great album. Inhuman rampgae was decent, but certainly not my favourite.

Oh, and Bahumet, welcome to the fold.

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 16:24:13

Valley of the Damned
My Spirit Will Go On
Soldiers of the Wasteland
Dawn Over a New World
Prepare for War
Through the Fire and Flames
Revolution Deathsquad
Operation Ground and Pound
Trail of Broken Hearts
Lost Souls In Endless Time

:D

BBS Signature

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 16:29:05

At 1/6/07 04:24 PM, Nev wrote:

Yeah, sorry Nev, didn't mean to not mention you. Welcome. Great picture by the way. :)

Yeah, sorry for mispelling Bahamut, as well. I'm playing Gears of War. : |

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 17:15:19

disciples of babylon is underrated.

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 17:27:41

Blah. I ment it's my favorite Dragonforce song.

BBS Signature

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 17:33:51

At 1/6/07 05:27 PM, Devilrider2 wrote:

Forget the last statement I posted. I'm half asleep so I'll get stuff mixed up.

BBS Signature

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 17:37:30

At 1/6/07 03:34 PM, TicTac1026 wrote: My Fav Dragonforce songs are Cry Of the Brave, Fury Of the Storm, and Heart Of a Dragon

Right on. Fury of The Storm is a good song. \m/

BBS Signature

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 18:26:26

At 1/6/07 02:56 PM, VenomKing666 wrote: Hum... thats sound great... but would't a Power Metal Club be better ? Because Dragon force is nice but i think Rhapsody is better...

What's the difference between Speed and Power?

BBS Signature

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 18:55:58

At 1/6/07 06:26 PM, LtSurge659 wrote: What's the difference between Speed and Power?

Speed is fast... Power is Speed + Epic.
Usually with symphonic qualities and fantasy based lyrics.

BBS Signature

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 19:01:55

At 1/6/07 06:55 PM, Nev wrote:
At 1/6/07 06:26 PM, LtSurge659 wrote: What's the difference between Speed and Power?
Speed is fast... Power is Speed + Epic.
Usually with symphonic qualities and fantasy based lyrics.

Thanks. There are so many genres inside genres to make my head spin...
Could I join? I don't know much about them, but I do enjoy their music.

BBS Signature

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 21:48:30

This one is awesome. I love the solo towards the end. He freakin' guitar taps with two hands! You don't get much cooler than that.

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-06 22:11:47

At 1/6/07 09:48 PM, Cole wrote:
This one is awesome. I love the solo towards the end. He freakin' guitar taps with two hands! You don't get much cooler than that.

Very true. It's one thing to hear the songs, its something completely different to see them play in video or concert.

Speaking of seeing them in concert, Any other Canadian folk seeing them at Kool Haus on Febuary 27th? I'm trying my best to be there, (It's on a tuesday.) because after missing them on the Inhuman Rampage tour, I really want to see them this time.

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-07 00:10:50

At 1/6/07 09:48 PM, Cole wrote:

Ok. The guitarist are more impressive than i thought they would be. Instrumentally I like Dragonforce, but I think i was right about vocals setting me off. not that they are BAD, but the, type of singing, I guess, just strikes me as more corny, than epic.
But but but, I'll still give it a chance to grow on me and listen to more.

RoseSOAS: you should know i dont think this far ahead

Me made simple: well you already thought as far as holding a chicken while in your underwear

BBS Signature

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-07 02:47:39

At 1/7/07 12:10 AM, ShitOnAStick wrote: but I think i was right about vocals setting me off. not that they are BAD, but the, type of singing, I guess, just strikes me as more corny, than epic.

Exactly my opinion. I find it quite impossible to listen to 'Heart of a Dragon' without laughing.

PRAAAAAAAD AD SO GWAR-IUS

STAAAAAAADEN DA FWORAVUS

Seriously. I'd rather listen to five little speckled frogs. Wow, I just realised that it's the same melody. :O

But, DragonForce is a guilty pleasure of mine. And so, I'm in.

And my total besties Nev and Bahamut are here, so it'll be even better. LIEK A SLUMBA PARTEE.

YAYZ!

Metal Hell.

Pill pop a dope a well run general hash pump a gonna led.

BBS Signature

Response to Dragonforce Fan Club 2007-01-07 04:27:58

At 1/7/07 12:10 AM, ShitOnAStick wrote: not that they are BAD, but the, type of singing, I guess, just strikes me as more corny, than epic.

Personally, I hate the vocals. The guy's voice just doesn't fit the instruments. His voice reminds me of hair metal.