00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jayxofc just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee

105,970 Views | 798 Replies

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-23 01:54:03

At 7/21/08 04:04 AM, NemoX wrote:
At 7/21/08 03:53 AM, Conker125 wrote:
now, if I could tell you were just joking, I wouldn't mind. I don't mind prank calls, so long as they are funny. Sad truth is, they no longer are, people have no imagination anymore :(

Way to true. I work at a papa johns and for the last SIX months we have been getting a prank caller who just calls us and calls up another papa johns and three way calls it(thats all). at the most It just waste thirty seconds of my day and annoys me.

what can I say

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-23 04:06:30

Please continue to write these stories for the next year- they will get me through school.

I don't have any first hand experiences to share, but I can tell you some things that family members have gone through.

I don't see any scratch?

One of my brothers works at safeway (a grocery store). He got the job in the beginning of summer. On his THIRD real day of working, he was bringing in carts from outside. I can't remember the exact number, but you're only supposed to push 3-6 carts at a time. Since nobody else was outside helping him, he was pushing FIFTEEN. It was windy outside, so shit happened. Two of the carts in the front flew of to the left, and one went of to the right. My brother was somehow able to keep the 12 carts in place and get the two that went to the left. He started running to get the one that went to the right, but just before he got to it, it collided with a parked car.

With my brother's luck, the woman who owned the car just happened to be walking out right then. She politely asked, "Did the cart just hit my car?" And my brother guiltily said yes. She looked at the spot where it hit, wiped off the smudge, and everything seemed to be fine. As my brother was walking away, he heard her scream at him. Apperently there was a tiny tiny scratch on her car that hadn't been there before. You litterally had to squint to see it. But here's the kicker- it was on the opposite side of the car that the cart hit. So the bitch went inside and complained to the manager for a good half hour.

In the end, nothing happened :P

Patricia

My other brother works at a starbucks. Somehow, he met a lady named Patricia at their drive-through. She isn't really annoying, just... weird. She's in her forties and has pink hair. During the day she runs a hypnosis telephone buisiness of some sort. And apperently it works. She doesn't get paid in money though, she gets paid in things like car radios, xbox 360s, and gift cards. During the night she runs another certain... ahem, tele-buisiness, that her 5 children probably aren't proud of.
The awesome part is that she know's my brother by name and asks for him every time she orders.

It's broken!

In this one, my mother was the idiot.

She went to a Lowes hardware store one day. After shopping, she went to a soda machine. The machine was off. Like, there were no lights on, no noises coming from it, it was off. And being the genius that she is, she put 50 cents into it. Well, no soda came out. She spent a good ten minutes trying to get a soda. She finally gave up and went to Custumer service for help. The wonderful employee couldn't find out what the problem was, so he got some sort of mechanic. He found that the cord was unplugged. My mom demanded a refund for her 50 cents, which she never got. She was absolutely disgusted, and told them off, saying that she would never go to that store ever again.

In case you were wondering, she still goes there all the time.

no witty signature at this time.

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-23 20:20:32

At 7/23/08 01:21 AM, Dragonberry wrote: My video production group is making a documentary on the dangers of fast food, along with the unhealthiness of school food, and i wanted to know if you guys wanted me to post updates on here? Some of our videos are here.

Of course we'd like you to!

Please do, and feel free to share any more info you come across. Bottom line is, anything in excess is bad, but people seem to forget this.

Maybe your videos will help some people remember to eat normal food once in a while

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-23 20:49:49

I hadn't payed much attention to this thread previously, but it's actually very interesting. Please keep writing more, they're interesting to read.

I'd love to hear from you. :3 | E-Mail: evansweeney@gmx.com | AIM: EvantheDeku | Oh dear, Dekuboy is back..

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-23 21:33:41

well it took a while but i finally read every page in this thread,nemo your stories are great,and i noticed that you have slowly changed since this thread began,you started out all mellow and forgiving,in a way you reminded me of jesus.

now you have a more cynical attitude and you seem to swear more.

and just so you know i dont mean that in a bad way,its just interesting how much people change over the years.

I'm a dragon

BoshansStudios made this awesome sig.

My gamertag is Kirbykiller13,add me,we'll go hard and kill some scrubs.

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-23 22:33:54

At 7/23/08 09:33 PM, kirbykiller4 wrote: well it took a while but i finally read every page in this thread,nemo your stories are great,and i noticed that you have slowly changed since this thread began,you started out all mellow and forgiving,in a way you reminded me of jesus.

now you have a more cynical attitude and you seem to swear more.

and just so you know i dont mean that in a bad way,its just interesting how much people change over the years.

well, I am still very "forgiving" as you say, it's just I have been under so much stress, specially the past year, that I have indeed become more and more cynical towards life in general. I try to slow myself down sometimes because in the end, these people are not really worth my anger, but it gets to me nonetheless.

I have ssaid it before: I am a very patient person. I really am, but that does not mean I have no limit. It has taken this much time and just now I am reaching that point, only reason I don't do something stupid is because I still aim to stay professional-ish.

As for the swearing...same thing. in fact, there was a time when I swore so much I had to work with myself to stop doing it. Not that swearing is bad, i really don't think it is, just anything in excess is bad. To this day, there are STILL some people who have never heard me swear and are quite shocked if I even say something on the lesser side like "shit", they just don't see me swearing because I really don't do it that often. I do in my stories because it's my way of venting...so i don't snap at work. Kinda like when you tell somebody your problems and you feel better afterwards. Same thing, only I enjoy sharing with you guys and being able to see your reactions, wether you like the stories or not, or simply, to read yours.

All in all, I am still somewhat mellow, but not as young. Youth has a way of keeping us hopeful for the future and idealistic in a way. I am no longer as idealistic as i was a couple years ago, but i still hold some hope and ideals that really, the cynical part in me will eventually kill...or who knows, maybe it won't, like MJ said, "It's just another part of me" ;)

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-23 22:37:39

I've been dealing with the biggest asshole of a manager for ages now. I Work at Wendy's BTW.

Solution: Getting an application in at the DQ, right down the street. I'd gt $10/hr there, and maybe some good hours.

I prefer actions over ranting. Although, hearing the stupidity of people sure is entertaining.

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-23 23:08:39

I work at a movie theater, so I feel you guys about cleaning up after slobs.

The only thing I can add is that, since we have 13 screens, we have 13 in the name of our theater (like most theaters). Since we have the theater name on the tickets, there have been alot of times when customers come out and complain that they went into theater 13, instead of the theater their supposed to because they were confused by the 13 in our name with their theater.

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-23 23:38:05

I work at a canoe outfitter.

We have two stores. One is in the middle of no where and one is in the middle of town.

Yesterday these people show up at our middle of nowhere location and I'm working there. And they say they have a reservation, and I can't find any paper work. I call the main store in town and they tell me that the people are at the wrong store. I tried telling them that their boat and their paper work is all there, and in fact, their trip will begin there, but they were flustered and annoyed and refused to go.

So my friend who is there with me talks them into doing a similar day trip and they'll get a different boat from us out at our outpost, and they'll end at our main store, and then they get annoyed at the cost. They had a $100 gift certificate...yet they complained that the cost was more than they expected or something. I don't get it.

Along those same lines we also constantly get phone calls at our outpost from customers. They call asking about boat availability like two weeks from now...When I try to explain that I cannot tell them availability because I don't have the reservation book or a computer with the reservation sheet, they become bothered and keep asking about availability for the location I'm at. they don't seem to get that they can make reservations for the outpost from the main store. I don't even know where these people get the number, since it's been the main store number for over a decade now. Today I had a phone call from a chick who sounded my age.

And just on a strange note. Rich people rent expensive houses on lakes near us. And for some reason they find themselves driving down the 4 mile dirt road that leads to our outpost. They always seem disoriented. I just don't get who the hell drives down a dirt road for 4 miles just cause.

silly people.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-23 23:43:18

At 7/20/08 11:29 PM, string227 wrote: Hispanics
1 time when i went to weniersnchizle I order 3 chilly cheese dogs and frys. So i go in, order my meal, and wait to get my order. So when i got my order, they dumb hispanic bitch forgot my fries and charged me for it. So i took it back to her,

sorry but you are now a racist pig your the most racist person ever burn in hell.

Do whatever you feel....

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-23 23:44:20

I wanted to add a few things I just remembered.

You don't have that movie!!!

There's been a couple times when people asked for tickets that are months, even years old. Earlier this year, some one asked for a ticket for the Beavis and Butt-Head movie. We said that isn't in theaters in years, and he had the right mind to complain that we weren't selling him a ticket to Beavis and Butt-Head

Old as hell tickets.
There's been times when people try to sneak in with old tickets. Tickets from earlier in the day or so, but there's been times when people try to sneak in with movies from a year or so ago. Just last week, some one tried to come in with a Toy Story 2 ticket (TS2 came out in 1999). It's like he kept it and every time he comes, he tries to sneak in.

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-24 23:37:04

At 7/24/08 01:14 AM, Dragonberry wrote: Dollar Tree

So I started working at dollar tree. And let me tell you, we get trashier, cheaper people then you would've even thought.

I didn't even think dollar stores gae refunds :S

I though it was one way sales, no refunds, as stated in a sign I always see in ANY dollar store...

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-25 00:49:44

Somebody asked about the white stuff in BigMacs. No, it is nothing bad, just regular mayo.
I wouldn't be too sure about that, my brother used to work at a Mcdonalds as the night manager and he actually caught one of the employes masturbating into the mayonaise tub.

ew someoen that worked at taco bell caught a couple in the bathroom eating a
taco if u kno what i mean

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-25 01:16:18

I worked as a soccer ref.

If I'm arbitrating your 11-12 boys regional game and you won't shut the fuck up because you're a spoiled prepubescent over-competitive asshole, I can and will influence the outcome of the game.

I don't do it by making bullshit calls, but I'll watch you or your team more closely and be less lenient.

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-25 02:20:30

At 7/25/08 01:16 AM, x-Exodus-X wrote: I worked as a soccer ref.

If I'm arbitrating your 11-12 boys regional game and you won't shut the fuck up because you're a spoiled prepubescent over-competitive asshole, I can and will influence the outcome of the game.

I don't do it by making bullshit calls, but I'll watch you or your team more closely and be less lenient.

lol at soccer moms who take itr even more seriously :)
a bit off topic, but appreciated nonetheless.

explains a lot too...

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-25 02:24:38

At 7/25/08 02:22 AM, Dragonberry wrote:
I didn't even think dollar stores gae refunds :S
we dont, the bitch wouldn't leave so i gave her a dollar out of my pocket.

question: do you work within a mall? if so, you could have called security on her, since she is disrupting bussiness, at the end of the day, it's a private property right? so have have the right to ask her to leave and if she does not, well, it's tresspassing....right?

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-25 23:50:32

The picture explains itself.

Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-25 23:51:53

thigs are funny when theres a wet floor.

When zombies attack Earth...I will be there...boning ur girl!

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-26 02:07:33

HEY NEMO CAN WE BE FRIENDS NOW I WENT AND CHANGED MY LEVEL ICON AND EVERYTHING K? :D

Seriously though, I'm pissed. I haven't worked in 5 days, I'm "on call", and I don't know why the hell my STEPBROTHER is working every single day while I'm bored out of my skull. The working world sucks right now.

Most Recent Flash I Voiced In! (UPDATED 6/1/11)

Most Recent Outside Project Voiced In! (UPDATED 2/5/12)

Add me on Skype: NGsonicmega

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-26 04:28:44

one time these kids were vandalizing the soda fountain so i tripped one kid and slammed his face into the table. i chipped his tooth (and don`t whine because they were my age so don`t go OMFG YOU HURT THE CHILDREN) so they had to pay for the broken stuff.
*i did not work there*

so nemo have you had any Vandalism in your mc donalds before?

oh shit i havent changed my signature in 3 years

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-26 04:51:36

At 7/26/08 02:07 AM, sonicmega wrote: HEY NEMO CAN WE BE FRIENDS NOW I WENT AND CHANGED MY LEVEL ICON AND EVERYTHING K? :D

lol, sure, here's a member's card to NemoX's friends list, enjoy the bonus features this comes with (see reverse for details)

Seriously though, I'm pissed. I haven't worked in 5 days, I'm "on call", and I don't know why the hell my STEPBROTHER is working every single day while I'm bored out of my skull. The working world sucks right now.

wait wait, your stepbrother works in the same place, and he is getting hours and you are not? WTF? I think you may have to start looking for another job man, it's not worth having a job if you dont get to actually work, it's useless if you make no money.

At 7/26/08 04:28 AM, SgtBrainDead wrote:
one time these kids were vandalizing the soda fountain so i tripped one kid and slammed his face into the table. i chipped his tooth (and don`t whine because they were my age so don`t go OMFG YOU HURT THE CHILDREN) so they had to pay for the broken stuff.
*i did not work there*

LOL, I love when customers take on other customers, makes me feel better knowing there are still others who appreciate the service we are giving them.

so nemo have you had any Vandalism in your mc donalds before?

oh yeah, though it mostly stays at graphity in the bathrooms, pickles or the likes in the ceiling, etc.

We have had a few instances of somebody breaking the faucets so that when you openend them, it would come straight up, but nothing really big...at least not that i can remembers, as soon as we see somebody suspicious, we start casing them. And believe me, I can be scary when i want to be.

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-26 05:46:19

WHenever we do a DT breakfast we get free food, because they fuck it up EVERY SINGLE TIME at the one closest to my house. And we stopped going there, although the refunds the coupons and the free shit was nice.

Also, we wanted dinner, so we got a 2 large salads and a sub because i dont mind leftovers, so it comes, my sub is all good, but only one salad comes and its a small, so we call back and get a new one, not even joking it took two fucking hours to come, by then i wasnt even hungry anymore, also the salad tasted like shit.

You should PM me! My Userpage has Boobs on it

Proletarii vsekh stran, soyedinyaytes'!)

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-26 16:30:01

At 7/26/08 04:51 AM, NemoX wrote:
At 7/26/08 02:07 AM, sonicmega wrote:
wait wait, your stepbrother works in the same place, and he is getting hours and you are not? WTF? I think you may have to start looking for another job man, it's not worth having a job if you dont get to actually work, it's useless if you make no money.

I'm already ahead of you in that I quit today, after finding out she didn't have a tentative schedule for me THIS week either; she tells me it's because work is slow, not because I did something wrong. I smell bullcrap, and if there's one thing I HATE it's people who keep things involving me hidden when they shouldn't be.

Now I get to once again experience the fun of driving around wasting my gas money looking for a SINGLE PLACE still hiring, while my father bitches at me the whole time about how it was my fault, and how he would know, being a Human Resources manager.Even though I move away in one month to Kalamazoo for college.

And no, Mcdonald's is not an option.

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-27 07:18:21

At 7/26/08 04:30 PM, sonicmega wrote:
And no, Mcdonald's is not an option.

LOL, that last line killed me. I wasn't actually going to sugest it :P

but good for you on quitting, shame on your dad for actiang as a know it all, screw gas, take the bus and save a bit of money until you get another job. inconvenient? maybe, cheaper, yes.

If all else fails, get a job at a warehouse unloading trucks. Decent money, though 12+ hours shifts, but no customers to deal with...just coworkers

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-27 07:19:17

LOL, When I worked their i wanted to hang myself with my own tongue

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-27 14:43:29

At 7/27/08 07:19 AM, Nikita90876 wrote: LOL, When I worked their i wanted to hang myself with my own tongue

is that humanly possible? u wanna test it?

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-27 22:39:39

At 7/27/08 07:18 AM, NemoX wrote:
screw gas, take the bus and save a bit of money until you get another job.

Am I the only one seeing $3.69 as the gas price right now everywhere, as opposed to $3.98 4 DAYS AGO?!

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-08-08 03:52:37

At 7/27/08 10:39 PM, sonicmega wrote: Am I the only one seeing $3.69 as the gas price right now everywhere, as opposed to $3.98 4 DAYS AGO?!

maybe, I heard the prices should start going down again soon-ish.

Anyway, time for another big update. This time, more pet peeves about DT, and a couple more stupid customers. ENJOY! :D

Don't hold my line for stupid shit like this please

So this guy comes in right, he orders a double quarter meal, large sized with a diet coke classic scenario, they think the diet pop makes any difference, fat ass), but anyway, he orders then 2 extra double quarters, plain - because he is deathly allergic to ketchup . I'm thinking "yeah fucking right, but whatever", and TWO extra drinks. So he gets to the window, and starts arguing that he has a credit for the plain doubles because we screwed up. I asked him who he spoke with and he told me I don't know, a manager, after a bit of inquiring, he said a male manager....the only other male manager is the store manager, and I know I didn't take that order, so I go check on the book.

His name is not there. I decide I still want to be nice and give him the damn things....only now he insists they told him he was also going to get a drink...w/e. So I promo both sandwiches and on drink, but now all of a sudden he says he only ordered one extra drink, so I refund one...

Ok, bear with me for a minute. If I punch in 3 drinks, I promo one, and then refund the money for another one...do you not pay for only one then? Apparently, this basic math eludes him. He came back with a couple complaints: his fries were cold, his drink apparently din't have the lid on properly so he spilled it over himself, and he said I gave him the right change, that he was only supposed to pay for the drink with the meal...we went over that scenario I just described above, and he still wouldn't let go and admit he paid for what he wanted...in the end, he said "it's not a big deal, forget about it"....NOT A BIG DEAL? THEN WHY THE FUCK DID YOU MAKE ME HOLD THE LINE FOR 10 FUCKING MINUTES ABOUT IT YOU STUPID PRICK?!?!?!?!

I swear, they get more stupid every day, and I still don't buy the whole "allergy" to ketchup. That's like people who swear they are allergic to onions, and yet they order bigmacs with the sauce, which has onions, or allergic to tomatoes and order extra ketchup. Dumbasses.

The chair saga continues

So, do you guys remember a while back about the bitch yelling at me about HER chair? You know, the one that can never be pleased and must always find 5+ things to complain about every single visit? Well, she came over today, and even though the remodelling is well underway now (about 3 and a half weeks now), she all of a sudden came to me to tell me that I MUST make sure the store manager orders them to put a chair for disabled people, one that is not attached to the floor, simply a free chair, because she HAS to have HER chair, and if we don't put it, she won't be able to overcome her disability.

I have a couple problems with that. 1) it's not HER chair, 2)we probably will put a seat for disabled people, but not because of her, and most certainly wouldn't not when we are so into the remodelling if it wasn't on the original plan, and 3)FUCK YOU BITCH, the only "disability" she has is she a fat lazy fuck. She is perfectly fine otherwise, she has absolutely NO disability at all.

I am praying they forget the disabled seats just for her, maybe she won't come back, fucking cunt, can never please her and just flat out annoys the shit out of me.

A couple common scenarios you should avoid. Please

When we are done taking an order, there are a number of things that can happen, these are just some common ones that I ask of you please, avoid doing, as they are not only annoying, but also waste our time and the other customers:

is that all? - silence

When we ask you this, please answer, don't just stay there in silence. Most of the time we just give up and give you a total, and you come to the window, but sometimes you don't answer a yes or no, and when we start giving you the total (after about 20 seconds of silence, which is more than enough time), you get mad at US because you are not done ordering...THEN FUCKING SAY SO!

anything else? yes....(nothing)

This is just stupid. If you tell me that YES, there is something else, I will then wait for you to tell me what else you want, yet you keep quiet and you were actually done. Don't waste my time please. Same thing happens when I ask "nothing else?" and you say no...I assume you are done and will proceed to give you your total.

your total is...drive away
Ok, this is just plain rude. It is my job to tell you your total when you are done ordering, yet you leave me talking to myself and drive away. Fine, it's rude but I can live with it, except when you come to the window mad at me because you don't know your total. Fucking ass, I did try to tell you and you drove away, how can you have the nerve to get mad at ME because you are so impatient and rude?

total is $xx.xx - (3 min around corner, lineup behind)

So another thing...if you are done ordering, I tell you your total and to come to the window...please do so. Some people either don't move from the board for about 3 minutes looking for change, or they will move 2 feet, and do the same. Meanwhile the rest of the customers are getting mad because they are having to wait longer, and guess who gets to deal with them then? ME! Please, it's inconsiderate, don't do it.

Did I stutter? Did I speak in Spanish and didn't realize it?

Ok, right now we have the Olympic cup going on and they are quite popular. First things first: policy is, you are allowed to buy a cup with the purchase of any item. This means, you cannot buy the cups by themselves, i.e., one small fry = one glass, 2 small fries = glasses and so on. It's a sale tactic, and quite frankly, I decided I am going to be anal about this one, so I do not care if another store sold you the cup by itself, I won't do it, deal with it.

Second, this guy comes in and asks if we have them...it goes like this:

Me: yes, right now we have the red one and the green one
Him: oh, do you have the yellow and black one?
Me: no, I'm sorry, we only have the red and green one right now
Him: Oh, I wanted the yellow and black on.
Me: no sorry, I only have the red and green one
Him: so you don't have the yellow or black?
Me: good night.

Seriously, how many times do I have to repeat the same thing before you get it through your head?

-----------------

anyway, that is all for tonigh, better stop writting before my nose starts bleeding again (it really did at one point tonigh, I got so mad at these kind of stupid customers and it has been so hot here in calgary that my nose started bleeding all of a sudden (don't worry, I was not dealing with food, I had gone and shut myself in the office to calm down when this happened).

See ya next time NG! :D

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-08-08 04:25:14

At 8/8/08 03:52 AM, NemoX wrote:
Me: yes, right now we have the red one and the green one
Him: oh, do you have the yellow and black one?
Me: no, I'm sorry, we only have the red and green one right now
Him: Oh, I wanted the yellow and black on.
Me: no sorry, I only have the red and green one
Him: so you don't have the yellow or black?

Who's on First? I don't know.

THIRD BASE!

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-08-10 23:44:12

At 8/8/08 04:25 AM, sonicmega wrote:
Who's on First? I don't know.

THIRD BASE!

LOL, isn't that a fairly old routine? I can't remember the name of the guys, but it went something about the lines of WHO's in first, HE's in second, NOBODY is in third base or something along those lines :D

how's the job going (the new one at any rate)...you did find another one right?