00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

vaGnomeMagician just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee

105,971 Views | 798 Replies

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-04 04:24:39

At 7/4/08 04:15 AM, gamerpeepinpa wrote: I've seen this topic many times before but have ignored it every time...so this time I actually decided to read it, and I have to say, your stories are pretty awesome :)

glad you like them. Good luck reading them all and catching up to rest of the regular readers :)

Almost 2 years baby! Any ideas anybody about what we could do to celebrate the 2 years in october?

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-04 05:19:25

I can tell you thr memoirs of a Wal-Mart employee...lol

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-04 06:12:40

At 7/4/08 05:19 AM, BrokeBalla wrote: I can tell you thr memoirs of a Wal-Mart employee...lol

bring 'em on!

all stories are always welcome :)

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-04 07:15:48

bring 'em on!

all stories are always welcome :)

I'll work on my Wal-Mart memoirs and then submit them. A little teaser though though is that Wal-Mart was never my dream job. I always wanted to do something exciting like have one of those "cool" jobs that they show in military recruiting commercials, or work for a cool site like Newgrounds, but unfortunately that didn't work out for me. Now I am stuck as a Receiving Associate which is pretty much a glorified shelf stocker. I am currently waiting on news if I got the promotion that I put in for or not; either way though I guess it doesn't really matter...

Well there is just a little tid bit of my memoirs. I promise they will be a lot better and more detailed when I am actually finished with them. And also after I come up with a catchy title.

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-04 12:09:52

I have this bookmarked it is that good. I WANT MOAR!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-04 20:10:25

Yo, I used to work there until I took a dump in the playground and my manager fired me. This is bullshit.

It's time to kick bubble gum and chew ass..... and I'm all outta ass.

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-04 23:09:28

At 7/4/08 08:10 PM, tehconcept wrote: Yo, I used to work there until I took a dump in the playground and my manager fired me. This is bullshit.

yeah...why the hell did you do that for? and what do you mean it's bullshit? you took a shit in the playground and dont expect to be fired? or what do you mean was bullshit?

whatever, sounds like you have issues man, no offence, but you gotta be one sick fuck to do that, no matter how much they pissed you off.

how long had you been working there?

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-04 23:15:08

At 7/4/08 08:10 PM, tehconcept wrote: Yo, I used to work there until I took a dump in the playground and my manager fired me. This is bullshit.

Well you dropped a deuce in the store. Ever Heard of a toilet?

EXTERMINATE!!!

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-04 23:21:06

At 7/4/08 11:15 PM, ultima09 wrote:
Well you dropped a deuce in the store. Ever Heard of a toilet?

I actually know somebody like him. When he quits a job, he likes to do it "grand style", no possibility opf him eer coming back kind of farewell. I find this stupid. nop matter how many jobs are out there, why would you want to leae on bad terms like that? for starters, you obviously wont get a good reference, and if you burn bridges behind you, maybe someday in the future when you are in a tight spot you can't even go back to something you knew, cause you were a douche and did this kind of thing. I just don't get it, don't they care at all about anything?

damn

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-05 00:27:12

interestingly enough I am gonna apply for McDonalds in a week or so as my first job.

Any pointers/tips?

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-05 00:57:34

Might as well put my two cents in for my cousin.

One day while she was working at Red Lobster( as a waiter) she saw this guy. The guy order some SnowCrab and a drink. Now when she came back with the food he said thank you, and while she was bending down to put the food on the table, the guy Tapped her butt. She felt it but she just ignored it and went on. Now after everyone else is served in the WHOLE red lobster the guy waits to talk to my cousin again. He says " I have a tip for you but its just at home, Come with me to get it, ok?". Obviously she declined, but the guy also asked for a number. She told him No and left.

yamming idiots rule the world i say.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.

For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-05 01:05:41

At 7/5/08 12:27 AM, CartoonDiablo wrote: interestingly enough I am gonna apply for McDonalds in a week or so as my first job.

Any pointers/tips?

yes. Don't expect too much, but don't expect too little. i do not know the situation in the one you are applying to, but it can go very easy the first couple of months. Just do your job and don't stick out. People that excel or stick out are the ones who end up with the shitty situations (namely me :) )

nah, really, just try to have fun. Specially if it's your first job. don't be an idiot, but don't be overly serious either. Most of the fun comes from the people you work with, that is what will make a job good or bad.

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-05 01:07:40

Has anything funny happened that you have not already wrote about?

This is my first reply as well and God Damn it makes me wish I lived in Calgary rather than Ottawa.

Also, in Ottawa, the people that work at McDonalds are fat and ugly. With that saying, it is the sole reason why I stopped eating McD or any fast food at all. Because Ottawa is the place of fat people.

Also, my school is pretty close to McD and every time I bike past it, I always smell something that smells like diaper rash.

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-05 01:16:07

At 7/5/08 01:05 AM, NemoX wrote: Words

So emotionless robot that doesn't stick out got it. Joking of course but yeah it's a summer job so it's gonna be a daily grind, and with my parents possibly the weekends.

But thanks for the advice anyway. Also I heard they give you discounts on Micky's "food" if you work their is this true?

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-05 01:28:51

At 7/5/08 01:16 AM, CartoonDiablo wrote:
But thanks for the advice anyway. Also I heard they give you discounts on Micky's "food" if you work their is this true?

yes. Here it's a 50% discount. Even tought it's supposed to be only one meal - that is a sandwich, fries and drink + a dessert - and nothing else a day, a lot of peoploe use it more than once a day, and order 2 or 3 meals sometimes. It really comes down to the manager being nice about it.

At 7/5/08 01:07 AM, Psycho-Mantis wrote:
Has anything funny happened that you have not already wrote about?

lots of things. thing is, I either have forgotten some and i writte as I remember them over time, or I have some that are too long to post in one go so i writte, or some I save for when i have nothing else to writte, or some I just can't post alone and I have to wait to have a couple to post together...also some things just keep happening over and over....same shit different day different customer kind of thing. I don't think you'd be entertained reading the same thing too many times :P

eventually, this will change from McDonalds to whatever job i am working, sometimes I will just add from my second or third job, however many i may have at the moment. Some I just haven't posted 'cause I keep forgetting to writte them, but whatever the reason, i will keep posting for a while, don't worry :)

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-05 01:36:18

At 7/5/08 01:16 AM, CartoonDiablo wrote:

oh yeah, also forgot to mention. With the 'platinum card" (what they give you to prove you work at McD and you can get your discount at other stores, not just your own) you also get discounts on some retail stores. I'm talking some clothing stores and the like. There are more than you think, but the thing is not everybody who works at them knows about the discount to McD employees, and for you to know which ones they are you need to look them up, but just ask for the info and your manager should be able to provide it for you.

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-05 01:38:39

Lol, poor Nemo. But please post more stories! These are good! :D

Lol I made my sig in MS paint as I have nothing better. xD

Mr.t is EPIC!

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-05 03:37:08

most of NemoX's stories explain why most if not ALL american walmart and MD employees SUCK ASS

NG WON!////sig by ScuzzFest thank you man!

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-05 03:37:59

OOOOOO, IT'S THE 666TH REPLYYYY....

And as for me, I work at a farm market. Nothing interesting yet. Just a lot of pickles.

Most Recent Flash I Voiced In! (UPDATED 6/1/11)

Most Recent Outside Project Voiced In! (UPDATED 2/5/12)

Add me on Skype: NGsonicmega

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-05 03:43:28

At 7/5/08 03:37 AM, sonicmega wrote: OOOOOO, IT'S THE 666TH REPLYYYY....

And as for me, I work at a farm market. Nothing interesting yet. Just a lot of pickles.

sonicmega ol' chap, haven't seen you around as of late, maybe I keep missing your posts :P
nice of you to drop by.

most of NemoX's stories explain why most if not ALL american walmart and MD employees SUCK ASS

would you care to explain? I mean, I give examples of stupid customer occurences...and for that reason WE suck? I can't follow that logic :S

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-05 03:47:20

At 7/5/08 03:43 AM, NemoX wrote:
At 7/5/08 03:37 AM, sonicmega wrote: OOOOOO, IT'S THE 666TH REPLYYYY....

sonicmega ol' chap, haven't seen you around as of late, maybe I keep missing your posts :P
nice of you to drop by.

Oh, you know me. Brawl, Brawl, more Brawl, and harassing the newbies over yonder. Thanks for the warm welcome nonetheless.

I really don't have many stories to give yet about my work, save for the insatiable urge you get every day to eat the berries and beans you have to lug in, but can't. It's like hell on your taste buds. You do NOT want to show up to work on an empty stomach.

The owner of the place is getting on in years, though, as is his wife, who is very concerned with safety due to their having less-than-average security measures against injury, so it's not uncommon to hear her warn me about barbed wire that sits 15 feet away from where I'm working about 5 times before I actually get out there. IT WILL MOVE TO YOU AND KILL, MAN, MOVE TO YOU... AND... KILL.

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-05 03:50:49

At 7/5/08 03:47 AM, sonicmega wrote: IT WILL MOVE TO YOU AND KILL, MAN, MOVE TO YOU... AND... KILL.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

I actually could picture an old man's voice saying that lol. It really did make me laugh out loud...my employees started looking at me funny (in case you haven't figured it out, I am at work at the moment...we close in about 10 minutes, but I still have a lot of paperwork to do after we close...bad thing is I can't advance any beforehand because it's all about the totals :(

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-05 03:53:46

At 7/5/08 03:50 AM, NemoX wrote:
At 7/5/08 03:47 AM, sonicmega wrote: IT WILL MOVE TO YOU AND KILL, MAN, MOVE TO YOU... AND... KILL.
ROFL ROFL ROFL

I actually could picture an old man's voice saying that lol. It really did make me laugh out loud...my employees started looking at me funny (in case you haven't figured it out, I am at work at the moment...we close in about 10 minutes, but I still have a lot of paperwork to do after we close...bad thing is I can't advance any beforehand because it's all about the totals :(

Make sure you get some rest, you pecker. I'll try to throw in something new after work later today. No promises though, but I'll try my damndest. Even if it's my daring exploits of snatching a few snap peas from the bucket without being noticed, cleaning cat urine off the strawberry boxes, or sitting quietly in a truck while the owner tells me how all teenagers are lazy fucks who aren't prepared for society, smiling and nodding while I wait for my next paycheck.

I'm sorry, more like PAINcheck.

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-05 04:12:34

At 7/5/08 03:53 AM, sonicmega wrote:
Make sure you get some rest, you pecker. I'll try to throw in something new after work later today. No promises though, but I'll try my damndest. Even if it's my daring exploits of snatching a few snap peas from the bucket without being noticed, cleaning cat urine off the strawberry boxes, or sitting quietly in a truck while the owner tells me how all teenagers are lazy fucks who aren't prepared for society, smiling and nodding while I wait for my next paycheck.

I'm sorry, more like PAINcheck.

I'll rest when I'm dead :)
nah, I do try to take it easy now and again, some some days like today where I have enough crew or it's slow, I take it easy...I've even taken 20-30 minute naps on my breaks.

and I will await for your stories as well :)

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-05 10:36:24

At 1/23/07 09:45 PM, hongkongexpress wrote: here's a good question. Why are the burger meat so soggy, and cold all the time? or any meat in any burger at McDonalds? not only that, the nuggets are dried up and luke warm, and the fries are soggy watery and cold as well?

How to Tell your Fat (Discovered by Me)
This actually sounds REALLY good >.>

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-05 22:49:23

Wow, i remember this thread. God i was a noob back then. Anyway, I'm still working at BK, so i guess I'll tell a story.

The cashier "crisis"

Alright, working cashier again, woohoo. So i start taking orders, all of that shit, but the machine was starting to act a little wierd. It started getting slower, opening randomly, etc. so i called in the manager.
Although, of all of the lines, mine is probably the longest. The manager and i start cracking down On what would be the problem with it, and the line starts getting longer and the people start getting more impatient, which lead to alot of angry people by the time we got the whole problem solved.

More angreh people

As mentioned, we had a line full of angry fucks ready to sue uss because our equipment isn't perfect. This skinny little blonde chick starts ordering before i can even look up. The cashier had JUST gotten fixed, so we were still doing some "stuff" to it. I told to please hold as i was trying to get the cashier to close, And she starts getting even more pissed, and just keeps ordering. So, of course, I completely ignored her until i got everything finished up. So, halfway through her order, i look up and say "Welcome to Burger King, what would you like to order?"

Of course she got pissed and walked off, didn't even ORDER. She filed a report for "bad service" later on, but got ignored. :]

Make me a sandwich, damnit.

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-05 23:49:23

damn i couldn't do a job like that

i'm not tolerant of idiots at all

i'd swear my head off at the first knobhead customer that comes up to me

BBS Signature

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-06 04:08:22

At 7/5/08 11:49 PM, Dezimo wrote: damn i couldn't do a job like that

i'm not tolerant of idiots at all

i'd swear my head off at the first knobhead customer that comes up to me

yeah, a lot of people can't handle it :) I still believe customer service to be one of the hardest jobs out there precisely because it requires patience. Anybody can learn stuff and fix shit. To deal with people? not that many.

At 7/5/08 10:49 PM, hijackreaper wrote:
skinny bitch story

lol, yeah, we do get that a lot, specially in DT. I love it when I say "I'll be with you in just a moment" yet they start ordering anyway. I always pray it's a big order so I can say the "welcome to McDonalds what can I get for you" line :D

Anyways, a small update now, mostly about today, and a bit of things since we started opening untill 2am:

Dry law in McDonalds

So today my pop system started acting up. It would not dispense any water with the drinks, just syrup. This includes orange juice. Last time this happened, the tech told us it was something to do with out filters that needed to be changed...that's all cool and all, but you see, we just upgraded the whole pop system about a week ago. I am talking all pop towers, the carbonation system, everything.

In fact, it was quite difficult to deal with because we also had the delivery that same day, so the basement was even more cramped and full of shit than usual. Huge carbonation machines, tubes from the water pipes on the floor, the rollers, lots of dry, frozen product, hundreds of bun trays...you can imagine.

Anyway, this means i have to offer alternate choices. What I have is apple juice, milk, milkshakes, iced coffee and bottles of water. Problems are: shakes are more expensive than pop, so that means most people want me to charge them for the price of the pop. I could refuse, but I wont so long as they are nice about it because well, it's not their fault (not mine either, I can't control these things after all) so I can be nice if they play nice. Also, I am running out of a lot of things because surprise surprise delivery day is tomorrow. We have already had to borrow a couple things from other stores as it was. In fact, I ended up running out of water bottles at about 11pm...I open until 2am today.

I called coca cola (our provider) for them to send a tech..this was about 8pm. They told me they would put the called on priority right away...but what they didn't tell me was that it didn't mean they would send the tech right away though. I found out 3 hours later when nobody had shown up and i called again. I can't get a tech here any earlier than 9am tomorrow. good thing I am not in that shift :P

Ice ice baby!

the cherry on top in terms of ironic things is that for the past weeks, since we upgraded the system actually, we have been extremely low on ice. This new ice containers are bigger than the olld ones, and it has been extremely hot, so demand for ice has been higher. The machine has been constantly empty all week. We must have bought maybe 20-30 bags of ice at the 7-1 in front. You see, this new towers share the ice. As long as there is ice in the container, the pop will come out cold, so in theory, we can serve it without ice and it's ok...thing is there is still iced coffee to use ice, and oue employees seem to be retarded. We told them several times NOT to put ice in the drinks, but they still did, which caused us to run out of ice faster and then also the pop to be warm as well. I even put a BIG sign in the lid of the ice containers reminding them not to...and they still did. I wanted to beat them in the head with a baseball bat really.

But anyways, today the store manager says we need to buy a bigger ice machine to keep up, but he can't ORDER it until monday...this doesn't include how long it will take for us to get it. He did managed to buy more ice in one go so the machine now is finally full...but now that we finally have ice, we have no pop. That's life I guess :)

It's called DT for a reason dumbass

So I know a lot of people feel they should be allowed to order through DT at night even if they are not in a car....I say fuck you you lazy fuck, go cook something at home.

The first week we started opening until 2 I had this guy knock on the window asking if he could order on foot "because his truck was too big". I told him no, explained why and he left...then came back next day asking again, only this time it was that he had a flat tire....the next da it was he ran out of gas...it continued like this for a foew days, everytime I told him no and he kept coming up with excuse after excuse trying to make me feel sorry for him...

Really, other than policy, the reason I do not take orders on DT with no cars it's because it's called a DRIVE thru, not a walk thru. The bulk of customers I get are easily 14-17 year old punks that come in drunk, stoned, on mushrooms, I recognize them as the ones that keep writting graphity on my walls...and really, it's a safety issue. It's much harder for someone sitting on a car with their seatbelt on to jump at you and grab you or the money in the till than one just standing at the window with more freedom of movement. Specially when i have a girl doing the window. And some of the customers we get at night? creepy really. So no, no exceptions, they are not getting service if on foot.

So there, 3 more stories for you eager readers, hope you like them, and if I didn't manage to entertain you a bit...oh well, there is always next time.

And to say good bye, something I actually haven't said in a long time:

Spread the love! :)

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-06 04:22:05

I used to work in McDonald's part-time. What sucks is if you work in one restaurant you can't go and talk to the managers at another McDonald's restaurant about a job if you still work at the first one-you have to get a note and permission from your manager where you work before you even talk to the other managers about working in their restaurant. I found that out the hard way and because of a misunderstanding they let me go. >:(

I used to do maintenance-it wasn't al bad. I got free breakfast when I washed dishes and a free lunch afterwards at the end of my shift.

Response to Memoirs of a McDonalds Employee 2008-07-06 04:44:29

I heard that the water in the toilets of mcdonalds, is actually
cleaner then the icecubes, is that true??

Hi!!!!

BBS Signature