00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Showdown.

6,934 Views | 99 Replies

The Showdown. 2008-04-03 18:57:47

The following events are 100% truth, and took place at the Fitness 19 gym, at 4:30 pm.

Today, was a very interesting day. I rode my bike to the gym, and did my normal workout routine. About 20 minutes after i got there, i noticed a group of boys (between 13 - 17) walk in, and being very loud and disruptive. These kids looked familiar, but i didn't think anything of it. So i ignored them, and continued with my workout.

A few minutes passed, and i saw one of these boys running around the stationary equiptment (which is against the rules) So i did my best backseat mod impression and said "Hey! Knock it off man." He gives me this goofy look, and says "ooooh do a barrel roll!". I was actually shocked he said that. He noticed my shocked expression, and proceeded to glare at me for a few seconds. I guess he was trying to be intimidating. After that moment, i said "So i heard you like mudkips.", his glare turned into a look of confusion, mixed with relief. He was joined by his friends now, positioning themselves like some sort of barrier. The middle boy quietly asked the older kid to his left a question that i couldn't hear. This older boy then stepped forward and said "Are you from 4chan?"

I let out a light chuckle, and simply replied with "No, not 4chan.". The older one looked back, and shrugged at the others. The boys behind him prompted to ask me where i was from. So, he said "Where are you from...?" I stood up straight, and replied, "Newgrounds."

Their confused expressions turned into anger. But they made no motion toward me, just watching, waiting. I broke the awkward silence by saying, "I'd like to continue my workout, so if you boys could find somthing productive to do, that would be great." The youngest boy, probably 13, suddenly stepped forward and said "We're not boys! We are chans."

Suddenly, one of the other boys that was working on the triceps machine stopped and said, "Chans?". He was a large, but rather short kid, probably 17. He had a round red face and furious red hair. I motioned my head towards the wall of kids, who shifted their gaze from me, to this mysterious person. He looked at the group, then looked back at me, with a questioning expression on his face. I looked at him and said "Newgrounds.". He laughed, stood up from the workout machine, and leaned against it. He pointed his stubby finger into his chest and said "Ebaums".

I put down the 20 lbs weights that i was holding, and shifted into a defensive stance. I was pretty sure a fight wasn't going to break out, but i held my ground. The chans seemed to be looking over my shoulder. I turned around, and saw a rather tall skinny guy, with his back against the leg press machine, and arms crossed over his chest. He cocked his head slightly, looked at me and said "Newgrounds, huh?". At this point, i wasn't sure what was happening, so i smiled and replied "That's right.". He shifted his head to the other side, and said very lightly "Youtube."

Now i understood what was happening. I was surrounded by representatives of 4chan, EbaumsWorld, and Youtube. The moment was tense, i was hoping that an argument wouldn't start, but i stood firm. The chans looked like they were ready to throw weights at me, the Ebaums dude looked as if he was going to pounce and strangle the chans, and Youtube simply smlied, and watched my every move.

Suddenly, the chans broke formation and scrambled over to the power station. They grabbed at the barbells, and started lifting weights. Ebaums quickly went back to work on his triceps machine, and upped the weight by 30 lbs. Youtube calmly walk up next to me, grabbed the 20 lbs weights i was working with, and started lifting. I, merely smiled, and grabbed the 30 lbs weights from the rack.

It became a competition of some sort, each one of us glancing at each other, seeing who was going to break first. So being the representative of Newgrounds, i kept my cool, and lifted more weight.

This went on for about 30 minutes. The chans were getting tired, Ebaums was bright red, and Youtube was calm, but sweating WAY too much. I made my way over to the treadmills, and each one of them followed, persistant in attempting to beat each other. We stood there, on the treadmills. A straight line of competative website representatives. I said aloud "One mile. Ready? Go."

We started out machines at the same time. And the only rule was, first one to a mile, wins. The treadmills were too far apart to attempt any "foul play", so i concentrated, and set a good pace at 7.5 mph. About five minutes into the race, Ebaums wasn't looking too good. He slowed his pace, but seemed rather determined. The chans were running like maniacs, but it seemed they wasted their energy on the short quick burst. Youtube was running faster, at 9 mph, his long strides giving him the advantage.

After 15 minutes, Ebaums and the chans quit. It was me and Youtube, down to the last 0.2 miles. He kept his pace, i upped my speed to 9.5 mph. he tried to run faster, but he couldn't do it. 3 minutes passed, Ebaums and the Chans watched as i won the race.

As i was getting ready to leave, they approached me, Chans, Ebaums, and Youtube in front. Youtube extended his hand, and said "Well done Newgrounds, well done. But remember, next time, you won't be so lucky." I laughed, and shook his hand. I simply replied with "Next time."

Moral - Stay in shape.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-03 19:05:31

you should type less. like me, no one will even read this because of how much there is

when LIFE gives you lemons, make lemonade. then find someone who's LIFE is giving them vodka, and have a party

BBS Signature

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-03 19:06:43

At 4/3/08 07:05 PM, Mawxter wrote: you should type less. like me, no one will even read this because of how much there is

You should read more. Reading is good for your brain.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-03 19:11:14

Have my ba-- err---great work.

\ \ \- - - - - - - - - -/ / / 1 \ \ \-|||-/ / / 2 \ \ \- - - - - - - - - -/ / /

BBS Signature

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-03 19:15:46

Turf war.

The Showdown.

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-03 19:20:07

Excellent work! Your narration mixed with descriptive story telling makes this an amazing peice of literature.

How much can you bench press?

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-03 19:20:39

At 4/3/08 07:05 PM, Mawxter wrote: you should type less. like me, no one will even read this because of how much there is

I read it.

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-03 19:21:15

That was fucking epic.

I hope you brought yourself a nice Coca Cola.

hello

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-03 19:24:47

This is going in my sig!

Zing!

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-03 19:28:15

At 4/3/08 07:23 PM, Twilight95 wrote: You can only lift 20 pounds?

You made us look like whimps infront of 4chan and Ebaums at the same time.

Dude! i was lifting 35, the chans were using 10 lbs weights. Youtube was pressing 80 on the leg press, and i was pushing 190. I did 15 pull ups, ebaums couldn't do 1.

I r the winner.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-03 19:29:35

I enjoy reading as a hobby and a way to pass the time.

:PSH!

I'm not cool enough to have a nice sig.

BBS Signature

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-03 19:30:08

YAY NG.

BTW, I hope Ennio Morricone gets offered to add some background music to that staredown and the mile showdown. Morricone rules.

Keepin' Calm and Chiving On

*clickable siggy*

BBS Signature

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-03 19:31:18

Best thing i've read to day.

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-03 19:32:21

At 4/3/08 07:29 PM, Robojester wrote:
I enjoy reading as a hobby and a way to pass the time.

:PSH! <- Fail

If you don't enjoy reading ( Assuming the,"PSH!" indicates sarcasm ) then why do you go on the BBS?

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-03 19:33:04

I just can say this:

The Showdown.

wut

BBS Signature

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-03 19:51:43

At 4/3/08 07:24 PM, N1N-JA wrote: This is going in my sig!
Zing!

Awesome! Thanks!

I like the title "Newgrounds Won!" lol.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-03 19:58:28

The only reason no one reads all the stuff you type is because when we read your stuff, we don't have to buy a new car because we crashed into a wall.

BBS Signature

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-03 20:19:27

that is the most epic story in the history of anything.

NG status: Unbanned?

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-03 21:13:36

Inspiring story. You set a good example for all newgrounders. Still the chances of this story are higly unlikely. You should send this to wade or something. Put it somewhere it can be seen a lot better in the archives or something. Truly inspiring.

I fucking hate euphemism.

BBS Signature

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-03 21:29:10

At 4/3/08 09:13 PM, DasUberCow wrote: Inspiring story. You set a good example for all newgrounders. Still the chances of this story are higly unlikely. You should send this to wade or something. Put it somewhere it can be seen a lot better in the archives or something. Truly inspiring.

Thanks. I agree too, that the odds of this happening are outrageous. I've met people who like youtube, and YTMND. But i've never experienced anything like this before.

But really, you never know what strangers do in their spare time. You could be at a grocery store with other people from NG, or 4chan. I guess this little "adventure" happened at the right time.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-03 21:41:40

Heh, I though this was real until they mentioned 4chan. Very nice story, I actually enjoyed it.

I need Monet, to buy DeGas to make my Van Gogh. I tried to Hale a cab but my Whistler didn't Turner 'round.

BBS Signature

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-03 23:59:03

I don't get you bro. What's so great about lifting more weight than little fat kids? A very good story though.

Boys will be boys.

Tee-hee!

BBS Signature

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-04 00:00:20

Oh my...
My tired eyes are no match.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-04 00:05:41

POWER OF TEH PEN!
POWER OF TEH PEN!

"Spend all night with him, youll wind up with a sore ass. Spend all night with me and youll wind up with a smart ass - Jedi's Groucho Ma impression"

BBS Signature

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-04 00:06:37

one question
how come it took so long to run the mile?

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-04 00:06:51

At 4/3/08 07:15 PM, AwesomeSauce wrote: Turf war.

The guy wearing gay is Ebaums.

Click here if you clicked my signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-04 00:09:52

At 4/4/08 12:06 AM, All-American-Badass wrote: one question
how come it took so long to run the mile?

We all slowed our treadmill speeds down a few times, to catch our breath. I had an average speed of 5.6 mph.

Plus, i don't think any of those machines are working right. My final time was like 17 somthing. And i can walk a mile in 25 minutes. All i know is, my treadmill said "1.0 miles" before his. I win.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-04 00:10:41

That was cool but I kinda liked the story about how you had sex with that one chick that was giving you a massage more.

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-04 00:10:53

Congratz. The other next two replies shud lern grammer tho.

T3hParty is amazing, do not hesitate, join!

BBS Signature

Response to The Showdown. 2008-04-04 00:13:40

At 4/4/08 12:10 AM, The-Omnipresence wrote: That was cool but I kinda liked the story about how you had sex with that one chick that was giving you a massage more.

I like to make long, and fun stories.

Trust me, everything i say is truth. I do like to make exciting and enjoyable "literary adventures".

Do what now...?

BBS Signature