00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

blakenator9872 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,835,049 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-26 22:11:49

At 5/26/10 03:49 PM, LaForge wrote: I'm not saying I don't like Bleach, just that Soul Eater is superior.

I've only ever seen chapter art of the series and never really pursued it since I'm already keeping pace with the Bleach manga. But I'll give it a look over someday down the line.

At 5/26/10 08:10 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: Claymore

you know, BBM and Mal just got done telling you folks to knock this shit off and you're doing again?

given that you are contributing to the mans question with Claymore but you can be insightful and give him details to the series instead of a one word post and a shitty .jpeg of cool face.

keep that shit to 4ch, not here.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-26 22:24:07

At 5/26/10 10:11 PM, Kisuke wrote:
At 5/26/10 03:49 PM, LaForge wrote:
keep that shit to 4ch, not here.

Relax I was just kidding

If you want I can elaborate

Essentially Claymore is Berserk with chicks but if you said that to anyone who likes Berserk and they would probably rage and call you an Oscar Wilde.

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-27 00:27:48

At 5/26/10 03:49 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 5/26/10 03:46 AM, Omorashi wrote: wall of text
Walls of text are quite unappealing, didn't you learn about paragraphs in school yet?

I'm sorry dude i'm in college but I am a piss poor writer. I know the rules but it takes me a long time for me to apply them correctly
. Like I almost flunked WR-121 and I spent like hours every day on that shit (ended up w/ a low C ). I will try to divide up my thoughts a little bit better next time.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-27 02:04:05

I watched some more Yatterman earlier and it looks like I'm getting to the episodes where Tatsunoko really pushed the envelope (with the naked boobs). I think I'll stick around...

Can anyone think of some other anime that drew controversy/pushed the limits of "acceptable" (besides the Time Bokan series: I'm working on that)? I'm thinking of Hanada Shonen-shi and Miss Machiko at the moment, but there might be more/better anime out there.

I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-27 02:14:12

I'm thinking of watching Haruhi S2 this summer. Any other shows to reccomend?

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-27 13:16:07

Someone recommended Bokurano. Took two days to get but I have it now. If you need a good seeder PM.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-27 15:13:24

At 5/27/10 02:14 AM, JohnnyWang wrote: I'm thinking of watching Haruhi S2 this summer. Any other shows to reccomend?

I'm not quite sure exactly what your taste is, but I'm fairly certain most of what I have to recommend you've already seen.

Something weird: Serial Experiments Lain
Something romantic: Kanon
Something action packed: Ninja Scroll

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-27 15:35:52

At 5/27/10 02:14 AM, JohnnyWang wrote: I'm thinking of watching Haruhi S2 this summer. Any other shows to reccomend?

Aachi wa Ssipak
Kemonozume
Genius Party

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-27 16:05:06

Hello everyone, I don't think many of you remember me at all, but I'm glad you don't because the old me from a long time ago was a fag, lol. I made a new account because I didn't like my old username anymore (Hollow-Ichigo-777) and I just didn't feel like deleting my profile posts and also changing my profile completely due to a huge shift in my personality.

Anyways I thought I'd jump in on this topic too since I'm a somewhat frequent anime viewer. I'm a fan of the action and comedy genre and most notably I'm a huge fan of Kinoko Nasu's works which include Tsukihime (except for the anime adaptation because that was just BAD), Melty Blood, Kara no Kyoukai, and Fate/Stay Night. I don't watch anime as much as I used to nowadays because either I just don't have enough time for it or I'll get halfway through a series and then get bored of it (I blame my abnormal standards).

I've been reading manga more and more often lately instead because for some odd reason I'm more captivated by reading than I am watching as of lately. I can still give recommendations for anime series because I've seen plenty of them that I could consider good enough for me to finish completely and I'll also accept any recommendations that anyone might be able to offer me. It's good to be back on NG again. ^^

God tier? Lol last time I checked, it was called "You suck at this game."

PSNID: Gran-Turismo-Man

Credit to Mr. Ryu of DustLoop for the pic below.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-27 19:33:08

At 5/27/10 02:14 AM, JohnnyWang wrote: I'm thinking of watching Haruhi S2 this summer.

Have fun watching Endless Eight!

Any other shows to reccomend?

Well, I don't know what you've watched, but I like Darker Than Black, Azumanga Daioh, Black Lagoon and Cowboy Bebop.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-27 20:40:03

At 5/27/10 07:33 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote:
At 5/27/10 02:14 AM, JohnnyWang wrote:
Well, I don't know what you've watched, but I like Darker Than Black, Azumanga Daioh, Black Lagoon and Cowboy Bebop.

Wow your tastes are right up my alley. I happen to have actually enjoyed each of those series. DtB Season 2 was so so though in my eyes. First season however was great in almost every respect. If you enjoyed DtB, I think you should also look into Kara no Kyoukai.

Kara no Kyoukai revolves around the life of Ryougi Shiki, a girl with a dual personality, an uncanny craving for murder and a mystical power called the Eyes of Death Perception, which allows her to see lines and points which resemble death on any form of existence from human beings to inanimate objects and even spirits. Throughout the series she works for a paranormal agency run by a magician known as Aozaki Touko whom also employs Mikiya Kokuto, a friend of Shiki's from high school who visits Ryougi at her apartment almost every day to check up on her and talk to her. The series consists of 7 OVAs, 2 of them being about movie length and the other 5 being about an hour long each. I hold this series up high as probably what I consider my all time favorite series along with FLCL, DtB, and Welcome to the NHK. Definitely worth checking out imo.

I think I should note that the Kara no Kyoukai episodes aren't in chronological order either. The order isn't quite as messed up as Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya season 1's order though, it's only the first 4 episodes that aren't in order. If you're willing to check this series out and you really don't feel like sorting out the events of the first 4 episodes to figure out the chronological order yourself, just send me a pm and I'll tell you the chronological order. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-27 21:15:03

At 5/27/10 07:33 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote:
At 5/27/10 02:14 AM, JohnnyWang wrote: I'm thinking of watching Haruhi S2 this summer.
Have fun watching Endless Eight!

Yeah I got pretty fucking fed up when I was watching them but the filming eps after it made up for how much i was jerked around with eight fucking episodes of different clothes.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-28 02:24:57

At 5/27/10 07:33 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote: Have fun watching Endless Eight!

I will, i love postmodern mindfuckery.

Any other shows to reccomend?
Darker Than Black, Azumanga Daioh, Black Lagoon and Cowboy Bebop.

Seen the last three. Might consider darker than black.

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-28 08:33:47

At 5/28/10 02:24 AM, JohnnyWang wrote: Seen the last three. Might consider darker than black

I recommend Kara no Kyoukai as well after you finish Darker than Black. I posted details on the series on my last post. I also recommend Zombie Loan if you're into the action genre. Sadly Zombie Loan ended abruptly due to the producers lacking the funds to carry the series out into a proper ending. There's always the manga though if you want to continue the story. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-28 11:29:57

I'm also watching Haruhi S2 this summer too.

I really don't know what do you watch, but here are 3 off the top of my head.

Black Cat, one of the few shonen anime that avoids many of the pitfalls of a "Shonen Jump" anime, i.e. no fillers, non-stereotypical storyline, character development that is deep, etc.

Ninja Scroll, I'm fairly sure everyone knows about it, but it's worth another go through.

Eyeshield 21 is also pretty good, if your into American Football and what not. It is a great story and doesn't have a lot of stereotypical anime cliches that seems to bog down some animes into a point where I get sick of watching them.

Hope this helps.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-28 17:33:34

I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-28 20:10:38

Pff, easy answer. Super Buddha. He's a monk with a black hole in his right hand, he must've consumed Buddha somewhere along the way and caused a whack paradox that threatened to spread Space AIDS all across the world, but got cancelled out because Terry Bogard jumps out and Busta Wolf's the paradox because THAT always fixes things in Terry Bogard's book.

In the end, the consumption of Buddha by Miroku's wind tunnel caused Miroku to gain Buddha's powers and become Super Buddha. Since he's Super Buddha, whenever he faps or wipes his ass or something like that, anything that gets on the cloth and beads covering his hands just magically zaps away because he's epic like that.

THAT is the clear answer. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-29 01:10:41

At 5/28/10 07:59 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: My Question is this: When Miroku has to bathe and clean his ass out, take a shit and wipe his ass, have sex, change his clothes, masturbate, etc etc... HOW DOES HE DO IT WITHOUT GETTING SUCKED UP?

I guess he uses his left hand.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-29 03:08:53

Maybe he just does auto fellatio...

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-29 04:30:37

At 5/29/10 03:08 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: Maybe he just does auto fellatio...

This is the reason the mods want to lock up the Anime Club... On another note I watched the first two episodes of Bokurano It seems like it is a pretty good series. The graphics are tidy, the mech design is cool, It has a pretty interesting plot. I read the wikipedia article before I obtained it and it seems like the manga was more brutal then the anime (I find this disappointing). Seems like it is just a okay anime but the plot seems like it has potential to be amazing. SO it could go either way I guess. Ill update or whatever once I get a chance to watch more episodes.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-29 05:14:23

Really want to finish watching Cowboy BeBop, but it is really fucking late and I need sleep.
Decisions, decisions.
Mine as well just scramble my brain with drugs and see where that takes me.

At 5/29/10 04:30 AM, UCanCallMeJesus wrote: This is the reason the mods want to lock up the Anime Club...

Thank you for enlightening us, oh wise one.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-29 07:53:01

At 5/29/10 04:30 AM, UCanCallMeJesus wrote:
At 5/29/10 03:08 AM, Gobblemeister wrote:
This is the reason the mods want to lock up the Anime Club... On another note I watched the first two episodes of Bokurano It seems like it is a pretty good series. The graphics are tidy, the mech design is cool, It has a pretty interesting plot. I read the wikipedia article before I obtained it and it seems like the manga was more brutal then the anime (I find this disappointing). Seems like it is just a okay anime but the plot seems like it has potential to be amazing. SO it could go either way I guess. Ill update or whatever once I get a chance to watch more episodes.

The manga is not nearly as moving and doesn't have the same kind of impact as the show.
The story in the anime is a lot different from the manga, but that doesn't make it worse.

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-29 20:43:36

I love Azumanga Daioh. It's my favorite show. :3

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-30 06:58:34

At 5/30/10 01:05 AM, LaForge wrote: Azumanga Daioh. I made it through 75% of the first episode before I was irritated enough to turn it off. Someone please tell me it gets more interesting.

I'm halfway through it atm, it's one of the funniest things i've watched in ages but it's the same sort of stuff as the first ep so you probably wouldn't dig it.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-30 08:14:40

At 5/30/10 06:58 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 5/30/10 01:05 AM, LaForge wrote: Azumanga Daioh. I made it through 75% of the first episode before I was irritated enough to turn it off. Someone please tell me it gets more interesting.
I'm halfway through it atm, it's one of the funniest things i've watched in ages but it's the same sort of stuff as the first ep so you probably wouldn't dig it.

Well, with me I got out the first DVD and hated it. And then I got back to it a couple of years later and I started liking it. Either it got more interesting after those episodes, or my tastes changed.

I liked the show. It wasn't exactly sidesplitting, but it was a bit of fun to watch. I would describe it as 'enjoyable'. It's relaxing.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-30 12:11:22

It doesn't follow a main storyline, it's more or less a show about nothing. It's a very quirky style of humour that you'll either love or hate. I suggest watching the first few episodes, if you still don't like it, then you probably shouldn't bother with the rest of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-30 15:33:58

after a while though It started feeling like I was on drugs watching that one.

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-30 16:11:44

This club is dead without Mendou, Gendo, Kuro, Wonko, or anyone of any real value.

Sadness envelops me.

Oh wait this is Newgrounds, of course it's going to be complete and utter shit!

Hey, anyone read any good manga lately? Don't say Naruto or any of that gay shit. MANimes only you faggots.

[ woman vocalizing ] [ man speaking backwards ] last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-30 18:45:27

At 5/30/10 04:05 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 5/30/10 03:33 PM, giveupyourwaffles wrote: after a while though It started feeling like I was on drugs watching that one.
The fuck are you talking about?

I meant azumanga daioh. I probably should have said that before-hand though.....

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-30 18:58:01

At 5/30/10 05:46 PM, IlikeKorn123 wrote: Azu manga daioh? Isn't that just a shitty ripoff of the awesomely creative show Lucky Star? Or was it made by the same creator? Either way, Luckystar is more funny.

Please tell me this guy is trolling...

BBS Signature