00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Crzyhentaiboy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,834,936 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-08 11:45:02

At 44 minutes ago, Warbrain wrote:

no, i really think you're blowing this waaay out of proportion. who cares what one person considers old. I'm in no way saying that older anime sucks and newer anime is better.

No, you weren't. But it's still foolish to call Ninja Nonsense an 'oldie' when it's still relatively modern. Your personal definition of what an 'oldie' is, isn't relevant because it's not very old at all. All I'm suggesting is re-think what you consider old.

Hell, let's just go ahead and call Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex an 'oldie', because it came out in 2002.

Also, keep in mind I AM older than you.

Really, now? Could have fooled me.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-08 12:03:34

well i'm not one to get my panties in a bunch over something so stupid. just remember there are far more important things to get all butt hurt over ;)

We are not Human Resources, We are Human Beings!

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-08 12:18:42

At 9 minutes ago, Warbrain wrote: well i'm not one to get my panties in a bunch over something so stupid.

It's a discussion, I thought you were capable of at least holding one. Guess not. Point is that it's probably best to refrain from posting wrong information in the future.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-08 12:34:35

At 9 minutes ago, Mendou wrote:
At 9 minutes ago, Warbrain wrote: well i'm not one to get my panties in a bunch over something so stupid.
It's a discussion, I thought you were capable of at least holding one. Guess not. Point is that it's probably best to refrain from posting wrong information in the future.

but it's not. it's like trying to discuss abortion or religion. there's no discussion to be had because peoples beliefs aren't based on facts so there's really nothing to discuss. what i consider old and what you consider old are two different things, not because one person is misinformed or anything. it's simply based on what they believe and their life experience. junior year of high school was a long time ago so pardon me if i think that something from back then is kinda old. Also I really don't care to discuss something if the other person is just going to be condescending.

We are not Human Resources, We are Human Beings!

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-08 12:38:09

At 17 minutes ago, KermitTheMuppet wrote:
At 7 minutes ago, Warbrain wrote: well i'm not one to get my panties in a bunch over something so stupid. just remember there are far more important things to get all butt hurt over ;)
Wearing panties? Anal sores?

Why aren't you wearing your Miku panties?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-08 13:25:08

At 40 minutes ago, Warbrain wrote:

but it's not. it's like trying to discuss abortion or religion. there's no discussion to be had because peoples beliefs aren't based on facts so there's really nothing to discuss. what i consider old and what you consider old are two different things, not because one person is misinformed or anything. it's simply based on what they believe and their life experience. junior year of high school was a long time ago so pardon me if i think that something from back then is kinda old.

Now who's blowing this way out of proportion?

Also I really don't care to discuss something if the other person is just going to be condescending.

I'm sorry to hear that. Do you want me to add some emoticons and add a couple 'lol's' and 'hehehe's' next time so we can be more clear?

Oh, btw: "Oldies is a term commonly used to describe a radio format that concentrates on music from a period of about 15 to 55 years before the present day."

Switch radio format/stations with anime, and you get my point exactly.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-08 13:28:21

We seem to be back on page 2000. Quick... Post about it!

Also... The redesign is quite nice.

Anime Related: What do you all think of Gurren Laggen. One of my friend's says I should watch it.

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!

REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-08 13:32:56

I'm downloading anime

and I don't even like anime

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-08 13:36:25

At 5 minutes ago, Finalfina wrote:

Anime Related: What do you all think of Gurren Laggen. One of my friend's says I should watch it.

GL is pretty good times. I had a lot of fun with it, especially the first half. If you haven't seen it, I guess you might as well, then. To be honest, though, TTGL is best enjoyed if you're well acquainted with the Super Robot and Real Robot genres. Lot of nods to the shows of old.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-08 16:08:29

Good to see the Anime club hasn't lost it's feisty-ness after the redesign.

I can honestly say, Daily Lives of Highschool Boys is my favorite of this season.

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-08 16:51:58

I never knew there were this many fans of anime on Newgrounds...

You cannot kill me. After all, you can't kill what isn't alive.

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-08 17:11:26

At 3 hours ago, Oliver wrote: I'm downloading anime

Get out of here Oliver you don't belong.

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-08 18:16:50

At 1 hour ago, SomaGuye wrote:
At 3 hours ago, Oliver wrote: I'm downloading anime
Get out of here Oliver you don't belong.

hey guys I just started watching maze and sofar its really good

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-08 19:24:00

Yeah, the redesign is pretty swell and I'm loving the new things that were added.

At 17 hours ago, Kisuke wrote: that does raise a good question as to what you can classify an anime as an oldie. i say between 20-25 years +.(original air date)

I'd have to agree with you.

At 5 hours ago, Finalfina wrote: Anime Related: What do you all think of Gurren Laggen. One of my friend's says I should watch it.

Definitely worth a watch.

I first watched it when I barely had knowledge of mecha, and thoroughly enjoyed it, but Mendou is still spot-on with his comment on it.

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-08 20:02:27

At 7 hours ago, Warbrain wrote: what i consider old and what you consider old are two different things, not because one person is misinformed or anything.

that's silly and you know it. it's like saying a twenty year old person is 'old'. using 'older' instead of 'oldie' would have been a lot better in your initial post. also, keep in mind i AM older than you.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-08 20:13:03

At 8 minutes ago, Kisuke wrote:

keep in mind i AM older than you.

Shut up. grandpa.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-08 21:07:53

Not sure if Vocaloid stuff would fit in this club, but what the hell...

Has anyone heard the sample of stuff from the new vocaloid, Yuzuki Yukari [ çµæoe^ã'tã<ã'S ]???

If she can sound this good, then it is gg with humans. Seriously.

Yuzuki Yukari - Setsu-Getsu-Ka

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-08 21:18:49

At 4 minutes ago, Finalfina wrote: If she can sound this good, then it is gg with humans. Seriously.

nope. it's alright but there is too much PC synth in the vocals(vocaloid lol). it's just like a female asian version of little wayne: bad.

Peter Gabriel, Phill Collins, Jimi Hendrix, Dallas Green & Chris Cornell have great vocals. Give them a try when you get the chance.

gg no re

At 2 minutes ago, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Don't come back until either of you admit you're not actually 24 or 25, that's against the rules.

you're just jealous of my football head and small blue cap

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-08 21:38:44

At 17 minutes ago, Kisuke wrote: Peter Gabriel, Phill Collins, Jimi Hendrix, Dallas Green & Chris Cornell have great vocals. Give them a try when you get the chance.

No Bowie? You make me sad, boy. The man has the best voice on the damn planet.

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-08 21:51:00

At 9 minutes ago, towelie101 wrote: No Bowie? You make me sad, boy. The man has the best voice on the damn planet.

Another fine voice. If I listed everyone that had great vocals I'd probably fill out a paragraph or so. In the end though it all boils down to the opinion of the person though. Which is why I can never understand why people flock to some peoples vocals and not others.

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-08 22:44:03

At 41 minutes ago, Kisuke wrote:
At 9 minutes ago, towelie101 wrote: No Bowie? You make me sad, boy. The man has the best voice on the damn planet.
Another fine voice. If I listed everyone that had great vocals I'd probably fill out a paragraph or so.

As would I.

Which is why I can never understand why people flock to some peoples vocals and not others.

Yeah, it's the same for me really. I'm thinking that it's not just the voice they're flocking to, maybe it's also the person's lyrics/songwriting, flow, and obviously, music (perhaps it's more personal stuff). I tend to listen to instrumental stuff to avoid this kind of attachment, and it's because vocals can distract from the music sometimes.

GY!BE <3. They make the best instrumentals EVER

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-09 00:57:08

At 3 hours ago, Kisuke wrote:
gg no re

It is only the beginning

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-10 21:27:23

So who else is watching Highschool DxD for the plot?

Anime Club

Cute+Funny=?

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-11 03:57:17

At 6 hours ago, sean5892 wrote: So who else is watching Highschool DxD for the plot?

May as well watch Disney channel hoping for the dark knight to come on.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-11 07:57:56

At 3 hours ago, sweet21 wrote:
At 6 hours ago, sean5892 wrote: So who else is watching Highschool DxD for the plot?

No, he meant the PLOT.

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-11 16:28:46

At 8 hours ago, SomaGuye wrote:
At 3 hours ago, sweet21 wrote:
No, he meant the PLOT.

Seriously man, it's so deep. This guy is this demon chick's slave, and he wakes up with her in his bed naked because she had to bathe him in magic. It's really a sophisticated representation of man's constant war in fighting temptation from their inner demons.

Or something like that.

Cute+Funny=?

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-11 16:40:52

Cute+Funny=?

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-11 20:30:31

At 3 hours ago, sean5892 wrote: I just cannot love this picture enough. http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w260/sean5892/?action=vie w&current=1326341311698.jpg

I am not entertained and that is not why I watch anime. I dislike anime that relies too much on so called "fanservice" such as Desert Punk.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-11 20:38:57

Hey, there, Wonko. been quite a while.

I like Desert Punk, but I find the "fan service" to be pretty annoying.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2012-02-11 22:04:18

At 1 hour ago, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:

I am not entertained and that is not why I watch anime. I dislike anime that relies too much on so called "fanservice" such as Desert Punk.

Wow, this is a blast from the past. How've you been?

BBS Signature