00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lmaoghosthh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,817,215 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-24 20:22:12

Okay, there was a little bit of a lapse of judgement on our part and a brief episode of chit posts ensued. Regardless it has passed and we all got over it rather quickly.

So instead of dwelling on it lets drop it completely and stop pretending like it will be a continued problem.

Anyway...

I recently watched this video about Cyborg 009 and I was like, 'Hey I remember that show on Toonami'. I heard though that there was an older version of the Anime.

Seeing as the Manga came out in the 70's I wouldn't be surprised.

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-24 21:09:16

At 5/23/10 11:37 PM, YoYo17 wrote: I dont want any gay shit now. Something real good.

Aachi wa Ssipak
Tekkon Kinkreet
Genius Party
Genius Party Beyond

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-25 06:07:11

At 5/24/10 02:14 PM, Malachy wrote: Considering that a moderator was just in here yesterday to tell you guys to cut it out, I thought you could take the hint. If you can't help yourself from filling this thread with crappy one liners, off topic ramblings and other such crap, we'll just lock it.

I really hope that your holding the other threads to this same standard and your not just being a douche bag thats singling the anime club out. You expect a bunch of random people of all ages and background to come together and thoughtfully review and discuss. It would be hard to find a thread on Newgrounds that meets these requirements. Your setting your standards way too high for us but when someone makes a pile of shit like this on the BBS about eating pussy it stays untouched and becomes a popular thread. And you seem to post in the regulars club a lot; going through through two pages of that thread they seem like they might be worse then us in there responses. I can only speak for myself but I am doubtful that anything would happen other then Newgrounds loosing a few of its users and a different forum gaining some users if you locked the anime club.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-25 06:39:38

At 5/25/10 06:07 AM, Omorashi wrote: I really hope that your holding the other threads to this same standard and your not just being a douche bag thats singling the anime club out. Etc.

While I agree that if this thread is to be locked for off topic posts, the regulars lounge should as well due to that being solely made up of off topic posts, the quality of the posts in this thread in recent times has not exactly been very high.

The sheer volume of awful one line posts with no relevance to anything has been staggering.

Going off topic shouldn't be grounds for a lock, but going off topic in such a terrible way as can easily be construed as 'spam' is another matter.

I'm not saying that I'm a golden standard of poster that doesn't contribute to the problem at all. But what I am saying though is that it's mostly KermitTheMuppet's fault.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-25 07:08:16

Jesus christ, there's a different between chat in a lounge, and picture spam here. And don't even try to compare a thread in general with one here

discussion is fine, relaxed discussion is fine.

heck, i dont speak for malachy or any other mods but i'm fine with most chit chat.

but just pages of people posting unrelated pictures?

jljskdsdjgsdljghskdjkl

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-25 07:22:30

At 5/25/10 07:08 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: but just pages of people posting unrelated pictures?

A few months ago that's exactly how I would've pictured this club.

1, 2, 3, Coffee 4, 5, 8, too late

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-25 07:54:09

At 5/25/10 07:08 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: but just pages of people posting unrelated pictures?

Well, ofttimes a still from an anime series used to punctuate a certain statement can add a certain tone that is not possible with simple text. So they are not always unrelated.

And their ability to make reading certain posts more interesting leads me to believe that they are not inherently a bad thing.

FYI.

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-25 11:05:28

At 5/25/10 07:08 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Jesus christ, there's a different between chat in a lounge, and picture spam here. And don't even try to compare a thread in general with one here

I won't say I'm alien to irrelevant picture spamming here, granted I'm going to stop as I don't want this thread locked down. But if a few members continue, I'd hope you guys wouldn't lock the thread, as it wouldn't be fair if the entire group pays for a few members who refuse to stop posting spam.

And as Aigis just posting out, it's not always random pictures with unrelated text.

At 5/25/10 07:54 AM, Aigis wrote: Well, ofttimes a still from an anime series used to punctuate a certain statement can add a certain tone that is not possible with simple text. So they are not always unrelated.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-25 12:51:51

At 5/25/10 12:37 PM, Mendou wrote: Finished the first episode of Kemonozume, and I like it so far. It's only the first episode, so obviously I don't know how it'll turn out, but I think it's a pretty interesting episode, wasn't bored in the least bit. I like the animation and designs most.

I love Kemonozume. That show is amazing.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-25 16:35:21

may i join this anime club/crew?

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-25 16:43:19

Anime is awesome! This club just got a new member.

Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, Inyuyasha and Shin Chan are by far my favorites. DBZ, Naruto and Inyuyasha are awesome and action packed and Shin Chan is funny as hell!

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-25 17:08:19

At 5/25/10 04:35 PM, katsparkles wrote: may i join this anime club/crew?

Of course you can join, though why not introduce yourself, let us know what some of your favorite series are.

At 5/25/10 04:43 PM, Steveurkel wrote: Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, Inyuyasha and Shin Chan are by far my favorites. DBZ, Naruto and Inyuyasha are awesome and action packed and Shin Chan is funny as hell!

Welcome yet another knew member, I've yet to see Naruto (despite it being so popular) but InuYasha and DBZ have been some of my favorite long running series for some time now.
Have any opinion on Bleach?

-

Also, to the group, fucking Cowboy BeBop man, that show never gets old. Hooked on it yet again.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-25 17:17:25

At 5/25/10 04:32 PM, LaForge wrote: *runs off to see if FYI sells Kemonozume*

I would buy anime, but it's way too fucking expensive. It's completely absurd that I can buy an entire season of a regular TV show for $40 on Blu Ray, but an anime DVD that only has four episodes on it will cost me $30.

The only series I want to buy right now is Darker Than Black, but I'm not getting it untill they release it on Blu Ray.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-25 17:18:50

im kat and i enjoy negima,fruits basket,bleach,soul eater,inuyasha,and fullmetal alchemist.

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-25 17:54:01

At 5/25/10 05:40 PM, Mendou wrote: Also fuck FYI, overpriced as hell.

Yeah, it's no wonder so many of them have closed down. Unfortunatly the only alternative for me is HMV, which isn't much better. But like I said, anime DVD's in general are overpriced.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-25 18:06:10

At 5/25/10 05:18 PM, katsparkles wrote: im kat and i enjoy negima,fruits basket,bleach,soul eater,inuyasha,and fullmetal alchemist.

I follow bleach but I don't really know why. The arches they have in bleach completely destroy the anime. They will just have you go for months with absolutely no relevant content added. I followed FMA when I was younger it was a pretty good series but it just went on too long. I have been told that Brotherhood is pretty good and the animation in it looks like it has improved so I may have to start watching that. I am about to watch Bokurano based on another users recommendation; reading the Wikipedia article it seems to have a pretty amazing story line. I am waiting diligently for Evangelion 2.0. I loved the series and Evangelion 1.0. The animation in the new movies are also really good.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-25 18:20:00

Am I the only one that thinks FYI = For Your Information. Is there a store called FYI or something?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-25 18:24:26

At 5/25/10 06:20 PM, Omorashi wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks FYI = For Your Information. Is there a store called FYI or something?

They meant FYE: For Your Entertainment

And yeah, anime often costs too much. 90 bucks for Texhnolyze box set? fuck that.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-25 18:30:12

At 5/25/10 06:20 PM, Omorashi wrote: Am I the only one that thinks FYI = For Your Information. Is there a store called FYI or something?

I used it to mean 'for your information' just up the page.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-25 18:30:34

At 5/25/10 06:06 PM, UCanCallMeJesus wrote: I am waiting diligently for Evangelion 2.0. I loved the series and Evangelion 1.0. The animation in the new movies are also really good.

So, should I bother watching the original series, or just go ahead and watch the movies instead?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-25 21:05:05

At 5/25/10 06:30 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote:
At 5/25/10 06:06 PM, UCanCallMeJesus wrote: I am waiting diligently for Evangelion 2.0. I loved the series and Evangelion 1.0. The animation in the new movies are also really good.
So, should I bother watching the original series, or just go ahead and watch the movies instead?

I really enjoyed the anime series and it will always hold a place in my heart because it was my first anime series. I will try to be as unbiased as possible but be aware that I am not going to be able to keep it out 100%. The graphics where great if you consider the time they were released, but they are not really up to todays standards. The anime is licensed in the US by Viz media so the dubs will make you want to blow your brains out. Its not super easy finding a free high quality copy of NGE. If you do find one your not going to be able to watch anything for a couple days. It is really expensive to buy the box set and it is very rarely on Adult Swim. Shinji is kind of a whiner but he is a really interesting character. The series it self is really great in a whole if you are in to philosophy or psychology. I watched this show for the first time when I was like ten and I didn't really pick up the deeper meanings but it was still cool because there is a lot of action and it is fairly realistic; then when you watch it again when your older it is a completely different show. It is going to share a lot of themes with newer anime series because it was so successful there has been a lot of copied archetypes from it. Be aware that the first few episodes are just setting up the story so they don't really contain much content. I highly recommend you watch NGE it is amazing show that admittedly does require some thought and patience to fully enjoy.

This post has actually made me to re-watch it I haven't seen the series in almost a year XD . Also Jesus and Omorashi are two of the same.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-26 01:19:42

I'm just curious, but...
Has anyone else ever gotten bored with a series before they finished it?
Today I watched some more Yatterman and Kirarin Revolution and after a couple of episodes I found that the shows barely held my interest.

I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-26 01:27:07

At 5/26/10 01:19 AM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote: I'm just curious, but...
Has anyone else ever gotten bored with a series before they finished it?
Today I watched some more Yatterman and Kirarin Revolution and after a couple of episodes I found that the shows barely held my interest.

That sort of happened to me with D Gray Man the manga

Though it was more of the fact that the art is oftentimes indiscernible and I cannot follow it at all

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-26 01:38:01

At 5/25/10 10:16 PM, LaForge wrote: I didn't enjoy the series, mainly because of the super-annoying characters. The main character kid is an indecisive cockmaster who whines incessantly, the redhead is an ultra-bitch who also whines incessantly, the blue haired chick is your standard brooding silent mysterious character (and blue hair? wtf.)

The only saving grace of this show is the fantastic mecha design and smooth animation quality. If you like giant robot battles, this is a fine show. If you watch anime for character development and drama, skip it.

Dude there is so much more to the NGE series then the mech design. Two questions did you even watch the whole series? and did you watch the subbed version?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-26 03:18:11

At 5/26/10 01:38 AM, Omorashi wrote: Dude there is so much more to the NGE series then the mech design. Two questions did you even watch the whole series? and did you watch the subbed version?

I did both dude, and it's not a great series; infact it's mediocre at best.

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-26 03:46:10

At 5/26/10 03:18 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote:
At 5/26/10 01:38 AM, Omorashi wrote: Dude there is so much more to the NGE series then the mech design. Two questions did you even watch the whole series? and did you watch the subbed version?
I did both dude, and it's not a great series; infact it's mediocre at best.

Theres much more behind it then giant robots fighting dude. This show is like when you have to read a book over and over again each time you pick up a new thing. And when you mature and re-watch it there is a whole new meaning to it. I cant give you specifics about it because I haven't seen it in forever but dude if you watch it in the right eyes its like a orgasm of epiphanies. Like all of us are just what others think of us and ultimately all of are decisions and opinions are just based upon what others think of you and how others treat you and it teaches you how insignificant and how un-original you really are. It pretty much says that are bodies are just held together by are will to live and we can really change what we are (this is how the AT field works and how some of the angels have shape changing abilities). That mediocre at best anime can be so much more if you let it be if you get past the annoying characters and just think of the premise behind it. You will most likely love it or hate it there is a pretty small margin of in between on this anime. I would say at the very least watch the first 6 episodes if you are still not enjoying it then don't continue. Sure im a little bit biased but watching it and trying it out wont hurt you dude. So again I am going to say yes please watch it :P

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-26 05:30:41

At 5/25/10 05:18 PM, katsparkles wrote: im kat and i enjoy negima,fruits basket,bleach,soul eater,inuyasha,and fullmetal alchemist.

looks like we have a lot to fix with you...

Negima < Love Hina

FMA < FMA: Brotherhood

Fruits < Moldy socks

Bleach and Soul Eater are the same so cancels out. Try Ranma 1/2 VS Inuyasha

Seeing how you're into Shojos and what not try Rozen Maiden? It's pretty damn good.

btw, i think this is the third time of mod intervention or so. lol good times.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-26 17:14:52

At 5/26/10 05:09 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Also, It is good to see that you have all returned to the efforts into MAKING THIS CLUB THE BEST ONE IT COULD BEE!

XDDDDDDDD

recommend me something that is like berserk.

[ woman vocalizing ] [ man speaking backwards ] last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-26 18:05:28

At 5/26/10 05:14 PM, Robotussin wrote:
At 5/26/10 05:09 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Also, It is good to see that you have all returned to the efforts into MAKING THIS CLUB THE BEST ONE IT COULD BEE!
XDDDDDDDD

Berserk - The manga.

Response to Anime Club 2010-05-26 20:10:49

At 5/26/10 05:14 PM, Robotussin wrote:
XDDDDDDDD

Claymore