00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ShadowedVaultDweller just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guitar Hero Gang

93,553 Views | 1,593 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-21 03:39:08

I finally FCd all of Number of the Beast's solo 1 in an actual run. I haven't had the patience to take it into practice mode to really perfect it in months, but I still try to give the song a few playthroughs every time I whip out GHIII. It's taken a while, but I might actually be able to pull off an FC on the song.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-21 10:07:25

there is a metallica GH game coming soon idk wen but its gunna kick ass

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-21 10:10:39

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-21 10:14:40

At 6/21/08 10:07 AM, gizmo12345 wrote: there is a metallica GH game coming soon idk wen but its gunna kick ass

Yea but I saw it was for Wii. Which I goddamn want but I might've not even gotten it.

I hate you. Get over it

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-21 16:42:56

For fucks sake, I've been trying to FC My Name Is Jonas, and at the start it was just a case of slipping up on the intro some times, but the more times I've tried it, and gone into practice with it, I've gotten worse and worse. I already had it 5 starred, from the first run through, and I've been losing on the fucking intro. I've gotten back to being able to do it, but I can't get through the intro perfectly anymore. It's a real pain.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-21 19:51:16

I can do the Ho/Po sections perfectly every time, they're the reason that I think MNIJ is one of the most fun songs to play on GH3, it's just when I hit green, yellow, and blue, and strum at double the normal speed for a section (when he screams "Yeah!" after "The workers are coming home") that I loose combo.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-21 20:03:15

At 6/21/08 07:51 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I can do the Ho/Po sections perfectly every time, they're the reason that I think MNIJ is one of the most fun songs to play on GH3, it's just when I hit green, yellow, and blue, and strum at double the normal speed for a section (when he screams "Yeah!" after "The workers are coming home") that I loose combo.

There's no bits I can't do on their own, it's always just little slip ups. At least, it was, I hoping if I just leave it a couple of days any bad habits I've picked up will be gone and I'll be able to do it again. Still one of my favourite songs to do.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-21 20:05:05

I've played Guitar Hero on my friend's PS3 about 2 or 3 times now, and I can do most of the songs on medium (except stuff like Raining Blood and Through the fire and the flames). I've tried crossing over from medium to hard, but every time that little orange 5th button pops up, it throws me right off. I just can't seem to get it down. If I had the money to buy a PS3, I'd get Guitar Hero for myself and I'd be able to actually practice on it, as I really enjoy the game.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-21 21:04:23

At 6/21/08 08:05 PM, NEVR wrote: If I had the money to buy a PS3, I'd get Guitar Hero for myself

Buy it on PS2 then :\

you MUST have a PS2 surely .... EVERYOEN does!

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-21 21:14:03

At 6/21/08 09:04 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 6/21/08 08:05 PM, NEVR wrote: If I had the money to buy a PS3, I'd get Guitar Hero for myself
Buy it on PS2 then :\

you MUST have a PS2 surely .... EVERYOEN does!

Nope, I have a PS1, on which I occasionally play old random games like Tekken and Gran Turismo, but I never bothered to buy a PS2. I didn't actually realise that GH was available on PS2 to be honest - the most video games I play these days is usually when I'm at a friend's house. :(

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-21 21:27:31

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-22 14:02:15

gold starred my name is jonas, strummed too fast in the green yellow blue section so missed out on a shitload of points, apart from that I was all hot and sweaty so its only a matter of time till I get it nailed. Nice to have some gold stars in my career profile finally.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-23 04:15:08

***SPOILER FOR GT AEROSMITH***

as if anyone cares

Aerosmith

Don't know if anyone here has watched this yet, but as you can see someone with a swap disk has managed to get a hold of the game. He's not too good, but the Run D.M.C. Walk This Way mix looks pretty challenging. This game has gotten me so excited I feel like I'm next in line to ride that roller coaster at Six Flags.

Guitar Hero Gang

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-23 06:36:47

At 6/23/08 04:15 AM, Mr-Destruction wrote: Don't know if anyone here has watched this yet, but as you can see someone with a swap disk has managed to get a hold of the game. He's not too good, but the Run D.M.C. Walk This Way mix looks pretty challenging. This game has gotten me so excited I feel like I'm next in line to ride that roller coaster at Six Flags.

I think it looks abit easy but I'm sure there will be some pretty tough songs, the Run D.M.C looked pretty fun to play so I'm gonna pick up a copy of this.

I'm a sucker for GH games :P

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-23 14:29:15

At 6/23/08 06:36 AM, DumbassDude wrote: I'm a sucker for GH games :P

They never let us down. Don't worry, it should have plenty of challenging songs. Wiki has the set list already (most likely not complete).

GTH III: The Way it Ends by Prototype. (expert).
I'm getting closer and closer to beating this one.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-23 19:01:17

I never get on NewGrounds, but today I decided to come. I joined this club a while back and I pretty much failed Expert Mode at the time.

I've beaten GH3, 5 starred everything in career mode too except for Raining Blood and NOTB, and a myriad of bonus songs.

FC'ed:
Metal Heavy Lady
Closer
My Name Is Jonas
and one more that I can't remember and don't feel like going to check.

Still can't pass TTFAF, simply because of the intro. I play this on No Fail mode and get around 85-90% everytime I play, so the intro is bullshit IMO.

GH2:

This is actually my favorite game of the entire GH series, because the HOPO's are perfect, I think. In GH3, they're so easy the game loses a lot of fun that way. In GH2 you have to be a little accurate, whereas in GH3 you can just sort of know what's coming up and hit a good bit of it.

I've 5 starred everything in the game except for:
Misirlou
PBFO
YYZ (will probably have this one tonight).
Six
and lastly Jordan.

I FC'ed:
Heart Shaped Box
Parasite (today).
Can't You Hear Me Knockin'
and Mr. Fix It

I finally broke 410k on Freebird today, which I see as a pretty big accomplishment.

I FINALLY fucking thrashed Jordan and beat it, 3 stars and 82% (See Pic), which made me feel like celebrating. That was the best moment of my GH Career. I've since beaten it 3 times and gotten a 4 star, and 250k. I'll 5 star this soon, I just beat this song rarely because it's so much work to pass the two behemoth solos.

Peace, and remember that practice makes perfect.

Guitar Hero Gang

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-23 20:07:37

At 6/23/08 02:29 PM, Mr-Destruction wrote:
At 6/23/08 06:36 AM, DumbassDude wrote: I'm a sucker for GH games :P
They never let us down. Don't worry, it should have plenty of challenging songs. Wiki has the set list already (most likely not complete).

Yeah I read an article about Guitar hero 4, said to have over 85 songs ( If I remember right) you can view it

Here if you like.

Also i just made my way over to hard. I have done the first 13 songs, though only got 3 stars on all, gettting the hang of it. Im also planning on getting Areosmith.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-23 22:20:17

i wanna join ive got gh2(never really played gh1) i play it frequently and i can beat anything on hard and up till sweet child o` mine on expert

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-24 00:15:40

Yeiy!
Guitar Hero!

I was so happy when they announced it for the wii, because before then I couldn't play it!!!

Also, In the Music Video Collab I did a Guitar Hero part!
(http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/4 45497)

:D

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-24 03:43:21

At 6/23/08 07:01 PM, Ethereal wrote: This is actually my favorite game of the entire GH series, because the HOPO's are perfect, I think. In GH3, they're so easy the game loses a lot of fun that way. In GH2 you have to be a little accurate, whereas in GH3 you can just sort of know what's coming up and hit a good bit of it.

I need to get that GTH and GTH2 pack because I no longer have my swap disk to play the copies I have.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-24 03:47:43

At 6/23/08 07:01 PM, Ethereal wrote: I FINALLY fucking thrashed Jordan and beat it, 3 stars and 82% (See Pic), which made me feel like celebrating. That was the best moment of my GH Career. I've since beaten it 3 times and gotten a 4 star, and 250k. I'll 5 star this soon, I just beat this song rarely because it's so much work to pass the two behemoth solos.

well done, dude. i still haven't passed this song!

yesterday i finally got the 8th and final tier on the expert career,with only raining blood to beat. my god, mosh 1 is fucking insane!

hello

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-24 05:48:23

At 6/23/08 07:01 PM, Ethereal wrote: I've 5 starred everything in the game except for:
Misirlou
PBFO
YYZ (will probably have this one tonight).
Six
and lastly Jordan.

I've only got freebird to 5* but I no longer have GH2, I'll have to rent it or something.

I FINALLY fucking thrashed Jordan and beat it, 3 stars and 82% (See Pic), which made me feel like celebrating. That was the best moment of my GH Career. I've since beaten it 3 times and gotten a 4 star, and 250k. I'll 5 star this soon, I just beat this song rarely because it's so much work to pass the two behemoth solos.

The most I've done is 4* it. It is a really hard song, especially with the HO and PO's.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-24 08:22:44

At 6/23/08 04:15 AM, Mr-Destruction wrote: ***SPOILER FOR GT AEROSMITH***

A grainy picture, but those lips stand out like a blind carpenter's thumb, or indeed the chin on the lead singer in GH3

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-24 11:48:56

At 6/24/08 08:22 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 6/23/08 04:15 AM, Mr-Destruction wrote: ***SPOILER FOR GT AEROSMITH***
A grainy picture, but those lips stand out like a blind carpenter's thumb, or indeed the chin on the lead singer in GH3

Actually believe it or not, those lips were motion captured.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-24 13:09:17

Man, if I pre-order Guitar Hero Aerosmith from GAME, I get a free union jack faceplate. I don't even want another guitar until GH4 comes out, but this is SO TEMPTING :x

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-24 13:45:05

At 6/24/08 01:09 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Man, if I pre-order Guitar Hero Aerosmith from GAME, I get a free union jack faceplate. I don't even want another guitar until GH4 comes out, but this is SO TEMPTING :x

Who's offering that? There isn't too much hype over this game, so I didn't even bother to pre-order mine. No one is even doing a midnight release for this game anyways, so I'll just go to Wal-Mart early in the morning.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-24 15:12:39

At 6/24/08 01:09 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Man, if I pre-order Guitar Hero Aerosmith from GAME, I get a free union jack faceplate. I don't even want another guitar until GH4 comes out, but this is SO TEMPTING :x

Couldn't you just buy the faceplate? I thought they were only, like, £5.

Also, I want Aerosmith, but I can't afford it. I'll wait until it's a bit cheaper.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-24 15:28:19

At 6/24/08 01:45 PM, Mr-Destruction wrote:
Who's offering that? There isn't too much hype over this game, so I didn't even bother to pre-order mine. No one is even doing a midnight release for this game anyways, so I'll just go to Wal-Mart early in the morning.

GAME, they're a company that bought out Electronic Boutique over in the UK.

I may pre-order the disc-only anyway, since I get double reward points if I do.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-24 21:46:21

So I got to the "Live in Japan" part in Gh3 on hard.... Knights Of Cyndonia (or how ever you spell it) is a bitch, I can get about half-way through the song then i fail in like 10 seconds...any help?

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-25 04:09:43

New pack on GH3.

i think it goes like this

Kasabian - Shoot the Runner

Sex Pistols - Problems (Live :S)

Kaisser Cheifs - Not sure which one but it was a big single

Plus the God of War 2 theme tune is up for free download, its a decent track to play so download it

anyone got any info on GH4?

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature